Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sapphicsm/status/1715724725740314822

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

so how exactly did the israelis think the words “teach the UN a lesson” would resonate around the world?

literal blofled talk

You know how sometimes we talk about people living in an information bubble of their own making, or huffing their own farts? Getting high on their own propaganda supply? Fail kid heirs of elites long gone now running things?

It's that.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
The Phillipines is a comprador state. They sell out their own people every day so that America can have cheap labor for it's semi-conductor industry.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Jel Shaker posted:

so how exactly did the israelis think the words “teach the UN a lesson” would resonate around the world?

literal blofled talk

They're crazy op. They're willing to alienate the entire western world over this because they're assuming America will never decide that Israel is more trouble than it's worth and throw them to the dogs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marenghi posted:

The Phillipines is a comprador state. They sell out their own people every day so that America can have cheap labor for it's semi-conductor industry.

and its call centers
and its nursing homes

our military literally buys equipment from Elbit Systems

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Good to see.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

literal blofled talk

Where's that from?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Sancho Banana posted:

Israel is more trouble than it's worth and throw them to the dogs.

IN OUR LIFETIME

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

so I'm not just posting a drive-by SYQ, let me also rebut this junk at the same time

from Ilan Pappe's "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Rebellion

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Rand Rebellion (Afrikaans: Rand-rebellie; also known as the 1922 strike) was an armed uprising of white miners in the Witwatersrand region of South Africa, in March 1922. Jimmy Green, a prominent politician in the Labour Party, was one of the leaders of the strike.

The young Communist Party of South Africa (CPSA) took an active part in the uprising on grounds of class struggle whilst reportedly opposing racist aspects of the strike,[4] as did the syndicalists. The racist aspect was typified by the slogan; "Workers of the world, unite and fight for a white South Africa!" and by several organised attacks against blacks.[5]

Smuts' actions caused a political backlash, and in the 1924 elections his South African Party lost to a coalition of the National Party and Labour Party.[3]: 292  They introduced the Industrial Conciliation Act 1924, Wage Act 1925 and Mines and Works Amendment Act 1926, which recognised white trade unions and reinforced the colour bar.[10] Under instruction from the Comintern, the CPSA reversed its attitude toward the white working class and adopted a new 'Native Republic' policy.[11][12]

I keep seeing overlaps with South Africa. Please excuse me as I keep spamming South African history in this thread.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

genericnick posted:

Where's that from?

guardian website headline

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
in Rafah, the local hospital there is saying that 'thousands of medical professionals from around the arab world have volunteered and are awaiting permission to enter Gaza' :unsmith:

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1717130418653126729?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1717131094095438274?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Israel to UN: now this is how you really ignore war crimes

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Votskomit posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Rebellion

I keep seeing overlaps with South Africa. Please excuse me as I keep spamming South African history in this thread.

history posting is blessed

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
here in CSPAM we love context and parallels and books and hate podcasts and the USA

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
More banger propaganda just dropped
Not sure why they cropped out the background on this one

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1717114079720992848?t=5TSnOOQIjSPFACjj7IuS4g&s=19

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm not going to make fun of the downs guy, but holy gently caress slapping an IDF uniform on a special needs person trotting him out as an "I'm pulling for Springfield!" feel good story is just mind blowing.

Just terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love to hand write a thousand encouraging notes on the eve of an invasion.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

here in CSPAM we love context and parallels and books and hate podcasts and the USA

what about audio books

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Turdfuzz posted:

what about audio books

shut up

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

some kinda jackal posted:

I'm not going to make fun of the downs guy, but holy gently caress slapping an IDF uniform on a special needs person trotting him out as an "I'm pulling for Springfield!" feel good story is just mind blowing.

Just terrible.

It's not meant to make anyone feel good. It's bait. You're supposed to make a remark about Israel using a downsie or something in an offensive manner then get banned off your social media platform for it once you bite.

You are being dared to mention the emperor has no clothes, so to speak. Mentioning the emperor is naked is also grounds for ostracism and such.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

writing a “have fun killing Zionist oppressors today sweety!” note and putting it in my son’s lunchbox next to his hummus

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://x.com/georgemonbiot/status/1717093090614263856?s=46&t=zukqvH8_J9wtzx9wpIW5Nw

Same guy who likes to pose as left wing and tut tut leftists for not sufficiently condemning official US enemies btw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I love directing large bombs at urban areas

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

gonna have to report you
sorry but i'm incapable of understanding sarcasm or anything at all

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JEEZ HIGGENS I WONDER WHICH ONE IT IS. BETTER USE YOUR BRAIN INCAPABLE OF FINISHING HIGH SCHOOL TO FIGURE IT OUT

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Some people direct bombs, other people bomb directly :smugdon:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Homeless Friend posted:

that means you need to clean your ceramic throne

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

Some people direct bombs, other people bomb directly :smugdon:

Assad Putin

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Red and Black posted:

https://x.com/georgemonbiot/status/1717093090614263856?s=46&t=zukqvH8_J9wtzx9wpIW5Nw

Same guy who likes to pose as left wing and tut tut leftists for not sufficiently condemning official US enemies btw

his first mistake was saying anyone is israel is a civilian considering they have forced conscription

they eliminated enemy combatants

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

so I'm not just posting a drive-by SYQ, let me also rebut this junk at the same time

from Ilan Pappe's "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine"

Yeah about kibbutz

quote:

Israeli law permits towns in the Negev and Galilee (which comprise two-thirds of the land in Israel) with up to 400 households to maintain admissions committees that can reject applicants from living there for being “not suitable for the social life of the community” or for incompatibility with the “social-cultural fabric.” This authority effectively permits the exclusion of Palestinians from small Jewish towns, which Adalah, a human rights group based in Haifa, estimated in 2014 make up 43 percent of all towns in Israel, albeit a far smaller percentage of the country’s population. In a 2015 study, Yosef Jabareen, a professor at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, found that there are more than 900 small Jewish towns, including kibbutzim, across Israel that can restrict who can live there and have no Palestinian citizens living in them.

Part and parcel of pushing Israeli Arabs into reservations, that can be destroyed at any time by the Israeli army.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Red and Black posted:

Lol, and this is the guardian's resident "most left wing guy" they will allow to say anything regularly

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al-Saqr posted:

this is definitely the type of speech and behaviour that comes out of a country that isnt a nazi state thats losing their war:-

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1717098788131930496?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I am not a diplomat by trade but saying you're going to "teach the UN a lesson" in a threatening tone does not appear to me an effective strategy for winning international support

Seriously though what is with these US client states (Israel, Ukraine) and their constant threatening and badgering of potential sympathetic parties.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

I am not a diplomat by trade but saying you're going to "teach the UN a lesson" in a threatening tone does not appear to me an effective strategy for winning international support

Seriously though what is with these US client states (Israel, Ukraine) and their constant threatening and badgering of potential sympathetic parties.

Empires in a position of primacy don't negotiate, they dictate.

Specifically the people who built everything up have long since died or retired. The empire is in the hands of fail kids. They have no idea how anything works and are just pulling levers of control without knowing what they do. There is no talent based best person for the position activity going on in the halls of power nor has there been for some time.

There might be a steam train going off a cliff analogy in there.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Turdfuzz posted:

what about audio books

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the top 5 political radio shows in america are all to a one fascists. hannity, levin, beck, gallagher, loesch. of the ostensibly nonpolitical ones, you get insane conservative whoppers on the regular. top podcast in america is joe rogan. similar stories for other countries. i understand audiobooks are different but i believe only marginally. i dont do spoken word at all, including audiobooks

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

his first mistake was saying anyone is israel is a civilian considering they have forced conscription

they eliminated enemy combatants

There's definitely been some muddying of who the victims were. Israel has tried to paint them as all civilians, despite a large amount of causalities being IDF soldiers on base. Then there's the self-defence groups of citizens lead by IDF members. It's not unreasonable to expect Hamas to fire upon armed 'civilians' who were firing back.

We'll probably know after this conflict ends what the breakdown of victims were. But I feel it's more combatants than Israel is letting on.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

yep

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Erdogan: we are prepared to be the guarantours of the palestinians and their interests

Oh, word?

Put up or shut up Erdogan

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

The whiplash of every piece of poo poo who's made a career of accusing the West's enemies of genocide, now turning on a dime and refusing to apply that term to Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

They don't need international support as long as the US is behind them. It must feel really nice to tell the UN to eat poo poo when they will indeed be forced to eat said poo poo.