Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the best title is <Of Dragons Deep> and there's not really any room for debate, thank you for your understanding in this matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
As a saint and big fish, the best title is World-class Troller

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've only just started the grind for it, but the best title is <Luckiest of Lords/Ladies>

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

one day i'll maybe get <Lord of Far Waters> and that will be enough big fishing for me

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

gently caress laver. And also gently caress sap to a slightly lesser extent. Not everything has to be made out of seaweed!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think I'm still using Light of the Land from the ARR Lucis Tools. It's just nice. :shobon:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Thundarr posted:

gently caress laver. And also gently caress sap to a slightly lesser extent. Not everything has to be made out of seaweed!

Okay genius, YOU come up with a way to boil eggs without getting kelp involved.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Ever since capping off my island, I don't give a poo poo about cowries anymore. I have like 400k stored up. I just go in, get my Felicitous Favors, set up next week, get my lootboxes, and leave.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm very fond of <<A Dragon's Best Friend>> :shobon:. I jusst really like Ehll Tou.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Island sanctuary became a lot chiller when I stopped worrying about matching the optimal spreadsheet and just hammered in some pretty good stuff based on what I had stockpiled. You've got enough cowries anyway.

Also best title is <The New Sun> because I'm still on my Gene Wolfe bullshit

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I kinda forgot about IS after I maxed it out the first time and got the mandragora mounts. Now I feel Like I'm gonna have a long grind ahead.

And aw poo poo, I was discarding quest rewards foodstuffs from my inventory and I might have accidentally discarded the Rising Advertisment furniture you could get from it. Doesn't seem to be on the Calamity Salvager, is there any other place to get seasonal stuff you got but accidentally throw away?.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I kinda forgot about IS after I maxed it out the first time and got the mandragora mounts. Now I feel Like I'm gonna have a long grind ahead.

And aw poo poo, I was discarding quest rewards foodstuffs from my inventory and I might have accidentally discarded the Rising Advertisment furniture you could get from it. Doesn't seem to be on the Calamity Salvager, is there any other place to get seasonal stuff you got but accidentally throw away?.

You can ask for the GM for a 1 time item restore but otherwise the cash shop 1 year later from the event.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This big circle tankbuster symbol means I'm supposed to hug friends, right?

According to Sakaguchi: Yes.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticSpicyGorillaGOWSkull-DNyDCAv4_7UVvWgG

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NachtSieger posted:

I'm very fond of <<A Dragon's Best Friend>> :shobon:. I jusst really like Ehll Tou.

That has been my title almost exclusively since I got it; only rarely do I switch off to my Beatus title.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Got 1.26m damage done in FL as DNC with execution style LBs, the sheer aggro you have to engage in with Honing Dance, good lord. That's all of them until VIP and GEO hit next year. :dance:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This big circle tankbuster symbol means I'm supposed to hug friends, right?

when the last boss of thaleia gets low, if it puts out the aoe tank buster I'll move towards the group and watch them scatter like insects

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zeruel posted:

when the last boss of thaleia gets low, if it puts out the aoe tank buster I'll move towards the group and watch them scatter like insects

As one should.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

I just sat down one afternoon with some podcasts and ground out close to 999 of them. Feels good man.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Sunday Morning posted:

I just sat down one afternoon with some podcasts and ground out close to 999 of them. Feels good man.

I too wish I could grind out a single week worth of laver while listening to podcasts.

But the mammets demand boiled eggs and until they stop today will not be that day.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Imagine not running the title <Big Fish>.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm also in the boat of not caring about generating cowries anymore. bought everything i wanted, no more exp to generate and no more future rewards to save for. just gonna be doing favors boxes from now on

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I should be unlocking favors tomorrow morning, I'll need to see if there's anything left to buy for cowries, but yeah I imagine I can just start filling with whatever to get to rank 20 and then start being lazy.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I've been leveling Warrior with a kind of barbarian-esque glam so you know I've been rocking <Honorary Academic> for the irony.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm still using the weekly schedules stuff that're posted on reddit, but I've been trying to slot in favors where appropriate. This week one of my favors called for popoto salad, so I slotted it in instead of buffalo bean salad for the first two workshops, and banged together a rotation of bean salad and popoto salad for the last one to pop out eight of them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

quiggy posted:

I've been leveling Warrior with a kind of barbarian-esque glam so you know I've been rocking <Honorary Academic> for the irony.

I dunno, that's pretty funny if you know the Scholar story. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What do the island favors actually get you?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just want the cat ear hood didn't realize that unlocks at level 20 while I'm at 10 so I'm in for the long haul.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Outside of when I was getting the GARO stuff, I haven't used anything except <Living Memory>. I find it a nice tribute to the WoLs of the First.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I use <Khloe's Best Friend> because I earned it and she's totally not threatening anything if I didn't, nope, not at all.

Please send help

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Countblanc posted:

What do the island favors actually get you?

You can buy gacha boxes with them. Most of the rewards are island furniture or materia, but there's a couple of otherwise unique mounts and one can be sold (for probably 8 figures).

Alternately you can spend the favors to get a different token to guarantee getting that mount, but since you'd need to spend nearly 30 weeks buying those tokens the gacha boxes are gonna be a better payout unless you are incredibly unlucky.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fashion leader always and forever (until i manage necromancer)

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I use <Hero of Gelmorra> for rrrrrrroleplaying reasons.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

<Zero> because I'm going to be stuck grinding these garo mounts until the end of time and because thru the eyes of ruby still shreds

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I kinda want <Z> but just looking at the books step makes me physically ill.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I kinda want <Z> but just looking at the books step makes me physically ill.

They sound like a huge pain, and they're certainly a bit of time investment, but they're not as bad as looking at them makes them seem. If you just want to do a single weapon for the title, it's fairly reasonable.

The book FATEs may be the biggest pain point, but they aren't that bad. When you first get a book, check to see if any are up. If they aren't, don't change your World as is often suggested. While different Worlds have different timers for FATEs, there's also leves, enemy kills and dungeons to do. You may as well knock those out on whichever server you're on, checking to see if the FATE has popped every so often. Save the server hopping until after everything else is done since it's just a waste of time waiting on a potential queue if the FATE pops while you're doing other tasks.

I just did three ARR relics and only had to check other Worlds once across all of them, and even then it was because I barely missed contributing to it before someone else completed it. (You don't even have to get Gold, I got credit on one with just a single Aero cast before the target was killed mid-Glare.)

A few tips I'd pass on, though.
  • If you have 250 Allied Seals, or have the Masked Carnivale unlocked and can easily get them, I'd highly recommend picking up Outer La Noscea's Riding Map. It'll give you nearly the same speed on the ground as flying, and driving through the U'Ghamaro Mines is way less awkward than flying.
  • Pay attention to the enemy spawns in the tribes' areas for your first book or two. The prefix names of the enemies will really help you narrow down where to look and save a bunch of time. (Stuff like Shelfclaw vs. Trenchclaw vs. Sapsa, U'Ghamaro vs. Elite, Sylphic vs. Violet or Amalj'aa vs. Zanr'ak vs. Zahar'ak.)
  • Leves refresh after doing a single one, so if you don't see the one you need you can either go check on another needed leve or complete one where you're at to refresh the list. Additionally, you aren't limited to your chosen Grand Company leves, so be sure you're checking all six available leves and not just the two for one GC.
  • If you're doing BRD, being out of combat as much as possible for Peloton can save you a few seconds in dungeons. On the other hand, if you're doing WHM, being in combat will tick up your Lily gauge for Afflatus Misery which will one-shot bosses while Glare won't. Other Jobs have their own unique tricks (like NIN refreshing their teleport on some of their Ninjutsu), so don't just blindly run through dungeons only killing what's strictly necessary.
  • Not book related, but a couple steps after books is Light farming. You could just grind Aurum Vale, but I'd recommend cycling through AV, Stone Vigil, Brayflox's, Toto-Rak, Halatali, Tam-Tara Deepcroft and Sastasha once to check if any of them have the bonus Light event. Those all took from nearly as long to less than twice as long as AV when I ran them, and getting double Light for less than twice the time (and that's not even counting the delay caused by loading screens, UI navigation and queue pop) is worth the minimal wasted time. If none have the bonus, however, AV will be the fastest. The bonus window changes every two hours, so keep that in mind and consider doing another cycle when the window changes. (Currently, for MDT, the window changes on even hours.) This also applies for the final Mahatma step, meaning you only have to do one dungeon run instead of two for each of the twelve Mahatma.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Will probably resub today after not playing since very early 6.2 (unlocked and did the dungeon and then nothing else)... feelin' a bit frisky, having the 14 jitters :frogbon:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Terper posted:

Will probably resub today after not playing since very early 6.2 (unlocked and did the dungeon and then nothing else)... feelin' a bit frisky, having the 14 jitters :frogbon:

i've been thinking of resubbing for a month or two but every time I do we get one of those free login campaigns like a week later so i'm currently playing chicken with that possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
ugh I like duels but I really wish there was a way to practice them. It sucks because it always takes me 2-3 attempts to get used to the "speed" of the fight, and if you make one small error it's over and you gotta wait at least an hour (or longer, if there's a line) to get another shot.

I'm so mad at myself because I stepped half a step too far forward and clipped an AOE on an attempt on Sarta I had locked down. If only I could do like 2-3 attempts in a row so I can get my heart rate down, it's always going so crazy during it.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 25, 2023