Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am not a fan of the Frozen Frenzy so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Imagine not having a countertop made from a billet of precision ground tool steel

I do most of my cutting on top of the card board box my frozen pizza came in, so the countertop doesn't matter that much.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

here you go, rustic with stainless AND a grotty old definitely recycled butcher block segment

hand me the simmering pot please, it's right by the hanging garlic

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I also want this style faucet along with stainless steel counters

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Glad you're ok JF and for god's sake do not drive that car at all.

I was turning left into my parents' driveway once and a dude screamed by me on the left. I stopped in time, but every time I think about it I wish I had just hammered his door, sent him flipping, and then yelled about whiplash

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

here you go, rustic with stainless AND a grotty old definitely recycled butcher block segment

I'm the decorative tire chains above the sink that they hung all the pots and garlic from

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

e. I don't mind this one

I have no real opinions and I just deal with the kitchen I have. But I will note that the stove/oven here looks like a robot that is going to become sentient and either cook everything perfectly forever, or start rolling around stalking me at night.

Or both.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just thinking about how much you guys would hate my kitchen. White cabinets. White quartz with grey veins. Stainless steel appliances.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

Just thinking about how much you guys would hate my kitchen. White cabinets. White quartz with grey veins. Stainless steel appliances.

Same. White Island cabinets. Grey cabinets on walls. Dark grey/black/white granite. Stainless appliances.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

I wouldn't hate it, I just would be terrified of making a sandwich in it if I was somehow your house guest.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Air Skwirl posted:

I wouldn't hate it, I just would be terrified of making a sandwich in it if I was somehow your house guest.

I have a 9 and 14 year old, it's fine.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

Same. White Island cabinets. Grey cabinets on walls. Dark grey/black/white granite. Stainless appliances.

I kind of wish we did like dark grey island cabinets but we did a waterfall island so it would kind of be wasted.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just passing this along if someone wants a deal on a good sized entry level TV. 70" Vizio on sale for $120 at Best Buy. You'd be hard pressed to beat this even on BF.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-70-class-v-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-tv/6459564.p

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I have a 9 and 14 year old, it's fine.
I was just worried about cutting a tomato wrong and it splattering on the wall, not physical danger.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Just passing this along if someone wants a deal on a good sized entry level TV. 70" Vizio on sale for $120 at Best Buy. You'd be hard pressed to beat this even on BF.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-70-class-v-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-tv/6459564.p

No Component hookups, pass

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

My kitchen is white cabinets with white Formica counter tops and it loving sucks

C-Euro posted:

Just get an OSSC! :v: Just kidding using an OSSC for everything that only provides component sucks and I wish my C1 had at least one input

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 25, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My only want I'll have for kitchens when I move is a door. I hate open plan kitchens for a variety of reasons but now that I have cats it's way easier to keep them out if there's a door or door frame. Otherwise I pretty much only care about functionality.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
LET'S GO THE MOTHERFUCKING DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JPrime posted:

LET'S GO THE MOTHERFUCKING DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this World Series matchup.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

C-Euro posted:

My dad's TV just died the other day, so I was thinking that it was almost too good a deal to pass up, and then I saw this lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just buy giant wooden cutting boards anyway, so I've never worried too much about having a counter top I can prep on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Joey if it helps her adjuster probably loving hates her and was giddy for the opportunity to ruin her day

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have a galley kitchen, I am not really a fan of the style.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I feel like I paid close to 2k for a 65 inch 8 years ago. I think I sold my old Mitsubishi DLP "flat"screen for more than that then.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pain of Mind posted:

I have a galley kitchen, I am not really a fan of the style.

I had a galley kitchen in my last apartment in Madison.

My kitchen is my living room in my apartment here in Iowa. My total counter space between the edge of my range and the edge of my kitchen sink is about two feet wide and 25 inches deep. That is the only counter space in my kitchen.

It sucks

Timby fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 25, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Our condo has a galley-style kitchen, I actually prefer it to the other alternative we saw which has the kitchen looking out towards the living room (both in our prior apartment and in other units/homes we toured). This packages the space a bit better, and provides a longer kitchen counter, which is key when you’re looking at maximizing ~800ish sq ft.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Fifty Three posted:

Just get an OSSC! :v: Just kidding using an OSSC for everything that only provides component sucks and I wish my C1 had at least one input

Shinji2015 posted:

My dad's TV just died the other day, so I was thinking that it was almost too good a deal to pass up, and then I saw this lol

Yeah how am I going to finish playing the Wii games that I swear I'll get to eventually, honey why are you rolling your eyes at me

Spoeank posted:

Joey if it helps her adjuster probably loving hates her and was giddy for the opportunity to ruin her day

Hey welcome back, how's your wife's spine or whatever

T-Square
May 14, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Yeah how am I going to finish playing the Wii games that I swear I'll get to eventually, honey why are you rolling your eyes at me

Hey welcome back, how's your wife's spine or whatever

Lol I was like drat no component jack is still a deal breaker for people, the only thing I have that still has component hook ups is my Wii

E: also looks like it’s not available anymore, I was gonna jump on that :(

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Yes!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

I don’t even think she called her insurance yet. When I called mine she’d already started a claim. I called hers about an hour after the accident and they had no information so I created the claim and sent the info to my insurance.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

C-Euro posted:

You joke about this, but it's part of why my mom hates her current TV lol

It was a moot point anyways, they sold out

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, MoMA is second for me to the natural history museum, in particular its mineral floor. Getting to touch just about every meteorite in the meteorite room was so cool.

Wicked on Broadway was a lot of fun when we saw it a year ago.

Don't know how long it's been since you went there but minerals wing got redone in COVID times. It's super cool. They have a 16 and 20 ft geode lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don’t even think she called her insurance yet. When I called mine she’d already started a claim. I called hers about an hour after the accident and they had no information so I created the claim and sent the info to my insurance.

I feel like this lady is about to have a very fun month as her insurance company gets to tell her all about how much money she just lost.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm now fostering 2 cats because my gf's friend is going to long term treatment and her initial foster option fell through. The littlest one is very sweet while her old man cat is still cautious. They're separated from my cats for now and we'll start slow introductions in a few days.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ah poo poo Shaft! died.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like this lady is about to have a very fun month as her insurance company gets to tell her all about how much money she just lost.

Someone said it in here yesterday and I can’t get it out of my head now. I hate that she knows where I live now. Who knows what she’d do. At least she knows now that there are cameras everywhere.

In better knews the liquor store near me just called and told me that they got a stock in of Midwinter Nights Dram from High West and I loving LOVE that stuff. I’m almost out of my bottle I got last year too so perfect timing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Shinji2015 posted:

You joke about this, but it's part of why my mom hates her current TV lol

It was a moot point anyways, they sold out

IIRC Nintendo didn't even issue their own component cables for it, or they were super-rare. Mine is a Monoprice one I think.

Also my wife was out for work the last four days and I don't remember doing any gaming, so those days are behind me I'd say :goleft:

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone said it in here yesterday and I can’t get it out of my head now. I hate that she knows where I live now. Who knows what she’d do. At least she knows now that there are cameras everywhere.

I'd say that people like this by and large talk a big game and don't back it up, but it only takes them bucking that trend once to wreck your life. I'd wager that if you don't purposefully escalate things beyond the insurance filings, you'll be OK.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I'd say that people like this by and large talk a big game and don't back it up, but it only takes them bucking that trend once to wreck your life. I'd wager that if you don't purposefully escalate things beyond the insurance filings, you'll be OK.

I don’t care about going after her financially or whatever. Her insurance is gonna gently caress her hard enough as it is. I’m sure my rates are going to go up too, just because gently caress it why not.

My biggest worry right now is just seeing if her insurance will pay for a rental for me. I need a car for work. I do not want to come out of pocket for this at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don’t care about going after her financially or whatever. Her insurance is gonna gently caress her hard enough as it is. I’m sure my rates are going to go up too, just because gently caress it why not.

My biggest worry right now is just seeing if her insurance will pay for a rental for me. I need a car for work. I do not want to come out of pocket for this at all.

Your rates should not go up and her insurance will ultimately pay for everything. Just do what your adjuster tells you to do for the damage to your car and let them go after her insurance.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am loving FURIOUS. She didn’t have insurance at the time of the accident and bought a policy while we were waiting on the cops to show up. So her insurance won’t pay out because she wasn’t insured at the minute of the accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am loving FURIOUS. She didn’t have insurance at the time of the accident and bought a policy while we were waiting on the cops to show up. So her insurance won’t pay out because she wasn’t insured at the minute of the accident.

Oh poo poo, getting hit by an uninsured driving sucks. Do you have an uninsured motorist rider? At the very worst, you are out the deductible and can decide if its worth suing her for it.