Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Amphigory posted:

I've literally only ever seriously played zero build

:yossame:

Also, while I'm here, my next deranged demand for a collab is that they should do Johnny Quest. Think about it. Way out of date. Guns are already in-universe. Probably cheap to negotiate. It could be good.

edit: god, what an awful page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Now is the time to drop Doc and Marty

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Dracula Appraiser posted:

:yossame:

Also, while I'm here, my next deranged demand for a collab is that they should do Johnny Quest. Think about it. Way out of date. Guns are already in-universe. Probably cheap to negotiate. It could be good.

edit: god, what an awful page snipe

Mr Hootington posted:

Now is the time to drop Doc and Marty

VENTURE BROS SKINS WHEN

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Scuba Trooper posted:

VENTURE BROS SKINS WHEN

If we get any adult swim thing, it better be Space Ghost. On my way to Epic's office with my trapper keeper full of concepts for his equipment as I post.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dracula Appraiser posted:

If we get any adult swim thing, it better be Space Ghost. On my way to Epic's office with my trapper keeper full of concepts for his equipment as I post.

You'll get a Tom Goes to the Mayor skin and LIKE IT.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
RATS OFF TO YA!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
give me steve bruhl

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Caidin posted:

You think you can hurt me with these words. But nothing would be as wasteful and bad as Saul of the Molemen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Moral Orel skins for everyone!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I wonder if they could make a Carl from ATHF skin that could exude how pissed he was to be there.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Carl would be the easiest to work with. Give him a Shake backbling. That time meatwad turned into a big hammer for his harvester. And Frylock with the weird fry legs from that one figure as his glider. He wouldn't need the legs. But the competitive crybabies ruined unique gliders for everyone. So it has to be this way.

Alternatively, they could do the exact same thing for Space Ghost. But make them the Baffler Meal versions instead. And have the power bangles as a mythic for a few weeks. Just reskin whatever they used as the base for the Bender gun again.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Golden girls collab when

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Drink and Fight posted:

Golden girls collab when

now THIS is the real poo poo, win a round and "Thank you for bein a friend" starts blaring out everywhere, oh hell yeah

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Caidin posted:

I would, 100%

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Now I want Sophia’s purse as my pickaxe

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Give me your tips for winning face-to-face engagements.

I started playing with a friend doing exclusively ranked matches, and together we push more than I normally do alone. I generally try to engage at medium to long ranges and catch people on the run. Now pushing more than normal, I'm losing a lot of face-to-face engagements. I've tried the maven and combat shotty, but I often get killed just in the cocking of the gun between shots. The combat SMG will fry people but it has so much kick I drat near run out of mousepad trying to combat the rise when you fire it.

How are you guys surviving close encounters?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 25, 2023

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, unrelated, the Michael Myers skin and emote is a sick finisher for a win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZD35zr2DWU

E: I realize the irony of complaining about losing close encounters and then posting this vid, but thats a solo non-ranked match, which is a bit less sweaty

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I started playing with a friend doing exclusively ranked matches, and together we push more than I normally do alone. I generally try to engage at medium to long ranges and catch people on the run. Now pushing more than normal, I'm losing a lot of face-to-face engagements. I've tried the maven and combat shotty, but I often get killed just in the cocking of the gun between shots. The combat SMG will fry people but it has so much kick I drat near run out of mousepad trying to combat the rise when you fire it.

Don't jump. Everyone is always hopping around and panic moving in close engagements. Just strafe and shoot. You'll kill them before their wild firing kills you.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I carry a strong shotgun and an smg to finish. You can also swap back to the shotgun if needed. Faster than either individually and tons of damage before a reload. It does take up 2 weapon slots tho.

Edit: also if it's duos, keep in mind what your partner is doing and what you are doing. You'll do much better going 2v1 twice instead of each going 1v1 on someone on the other team. Up close battles are a coin flip whether they are better/faster than you. So you want every little advantage you can get. Popping out of cover to your right side to shotgun then back gives a major advantage(because of the way the models hold guns on the screen, you can fire on people with just a sliver of yourself showing.)

Here's an in depth video on the various up close guns this season.
https://youtu.be/AKma8VdOWJY?si=j_3-dGPkpijlzCoY

And a newer one focused on just shotguns.
https://youtu.be/49OMKMkmH8I?si=Q18qEuOf860HHTdN

He also has in depth videos on movement in fights and winning 1v1 battles/squads/duos. He's an old halo controller player that went to kbm and Fortnite, and doesn't have an irritating voice or YouTube cadence.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 25, 2023

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PriorMarcus posted:

Don't jump. Everyone is always hopping around and panic moving in close engagements. Just strafe and shoot. You'll kill them before their wild firing kills you.

This. Especially since jumping triggers the autoaim for people on controller. I literally just strafe directly left or right while aiming down sight the entire time that I'm face to face with people. And 80% of the time they start to jump and panic like a psycho and miss every shot. Infiltrator shotgun is my absolute favorite out of the current loadouts. Nothing does nearly as much damage that close. And the ARs feel super slow in terms of dps compared to it.

Also, if you have it, Chef's Special is a really good emote for Michael too

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Also, unrelated, the Michael Myers skin and emote is a sick finisher for a win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZD35zr2DWU

E: I realize the irony of complaining about losing close encounters and then posting this vid, but thats a solo non-ranked match, which is a bit less sweaty

That emote is also good for when someone is in a building near you, but you don’t see them. Easily one of my favorite emotes in the game.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

-always play cover. If there’s no cover, don’t push
-try to get a right shoulder peek
-try to get high ground. Carrying bunkers or ice wall can let you do this if there isn’t natural high ground
-practice hip firing and make sure your sens is low enough that you can hit shots from your shotty or smg without ADS. Saves time + let’s you strafe much faster
-always be reloaded before you push

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Firing a rocket launcher then following up with a couple shotgun blasts usually does the trick for me while pumpkin launchers are back in the game.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Has anyone else been having issues on the switch since the UE update? I usually play on PC, but these days I have this problem with UE maps (or sometimes just loading up any creative map I haven't played) where I get the "unexpected error" screen on my switch. I have all my data for the game on the hardware rather than the SD card, so I am struggling to figure out what else it could possibly be.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TODAY WAS OFFICAL TEASER DAY AND THEY DROPPED THE MOAB

https://twitter.com/timthetatman/status/1717937186450939999?t=ZCvCqu5BATVyakxtTzlQcA&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A couple more teasers. :)

Looks like remixes of Peely, Team Leader, and Ragnarok. Confirms old weapons and shopping carts are back 100%.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

and shopping carts are back 100%.

Johnny Knoxville icon series :aaaaa:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Epic is cooking
Traps are back

Ballers are back

Black knight remix, default remix, and planes are back

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Bring back the UFOs with the insanely loud horns.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yes! airplanes! i am the best pilot in the gaaaaaame, son!

Blorknorg posted:

Bring back the UFOs with the insanely loud horns.
i loved chasing people into buildings and hovering above honking the horn and throwing rocks around

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

2 more

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The entire new battlepass, map, and keyart leaked. You can't really see the battlepass stuff very well due to picture quality. I think some of it looks vool.

I won't post the full keyart because it is so pixalated you can't see what is in it. I will post more shards

Edit:
Full HD of the key artwork for Chapter: Season: OG

Teaser trailer
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1719716704974958912?t=PVsP_Fm5djRCol0tUMUMQA&s=19

Full trailer in 40 hours. Trailer will be 1:03 long.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 1, 2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
balls and planes at the same time???
i can't wait to steal a plane!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Nice golf cart being ridden in the back there. Now give me tires and cow catchers on it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HERE. WE. GO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jALc1_K7g
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1720079253784744323?t=XTLf4w71cXX-hu28YnY69A&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1720131032664440890?t=gX8AMyzt9ZO5XAMUqN61BA&s=19
The Fortnite mobile update was taken down within 15 minutes of going up early. Unfortunately for epic a lot of people have the files now including a number of big audience dataminers.

The dataminers have found:
- 2 Map changes at week 1 and week 3
- the battlepass has a story questioned
- audiologs voiced by Sloan
- a hidden quest line involving gnomes
- a new Stranger Things collab
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1720133200389747090?t=gDFvdCmgce6EXnEohIFHMw&s=19
The names of all added skins
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1720132924333342990?t=T_3LxTYcKb7XOvpHIhv96g&s=19

More to come.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

- a hidden quest line involving gnomes

more information on this questline

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a (probably) baseless rumor that the battle pass will be free. But I kinda doubt they'd be that generous. Especially since it has some v-buck rewards in it still. But Omegarok is the only one that makes me want to spend on it. Raven Team Leader is another one I'll probably end up getting, but I saw alot of people speculating that'll be a shop skin. So who knows. :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh man. Everything is dropping now.

Epic uploaded the trailer early.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1720149742166966641?t=L12TKvoE2tj_vMbi1KbVvg&s=19

IT IS GOING TO RULE.

Edit:

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Cube is BACK