Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Rexxed posted:

I simply glue my fingers together while cursing.

Are you me?

Because I could do it without out making a mess. I just… don’t as soon as superglue is involved :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Maybe trying using a blunt tip syringe.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Now my fingers are bluntly glued together :sigh:

Actually now that I think about it the pumpkin cat was superglued and I did not make a mess with that

mewse
May 2, 2006

tater_salad posted:

Haha yeah just completely gently caress up your skin+tissue while trying to inject glue wrong thread

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

I use clear Gorilla glue (the polyurethane stuff) for bonding large surface areas, but for almost everything else I use Starbond CA glues. They've got a few different grades from water thin to gap-filling thick :quagmire: that have done me pretty well for piecing together various printed... things.

I also keep a little squeezy bottle of acetone right next to me for when I inevitably glue myself to whatever I'm working on.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That's the cowards way out. Mark your projects with your flesh like a true artist with dedication to the craft.

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

If you can still feel your fingertips when you're done, did you even really use superglue?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zorro KingOfEngland posted:

If you can still feel your fingertips when you're done, did you even really use superglue?

If you can't use your fingers as rasps when done you probably used fake CA glue.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

mattfl posted:

I know someone in here will get one of these.

Also, how long until Bambu releases their copy lol

I have a VCore 3.1 500, you know the most annoying thing about big printers?

There aren't as many models floating around to make use of that space. You would not be surprised at how few things there are on Printables that are impossible to print on any Prusa. I would love to try printing an entire chair with it, and I plan to. But I do kind of have to learn CAD software and design it from scratch.

Not that I'm really complaining. V Cores are like Vorons in that you only get one if you want to tinker more than you want to print.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

tater_salad posted:

I prefer a different variety of sticky blunts

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Welp, new project reared its head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Av64TRznlI

https://www.printables.com/model/611634-xtouch-enclosure-for-bambu-lab-p1ps

Already got the shell printing and ordered the ESP32 touchpad...

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Welp, new project reared its head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Av64TRznlI

https://www.printables.com/model/611634-xtouch-enclosure-for-bambu-lab-p1ps

Already got the shell printing and ordered the ESP32 touchpad...

I guarantee somewhere in his guide TeachingTech has left out some troubleshooting step, some critical bit of information, or is lying.

I want the time back that he stole from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYwEz-h4BY Here, this is ModBot's version of the video. He doesn't suck.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 25, 2023

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nerobro posted:

I guarantee somewhere in his guide TeachingTech has left out some troubleshooting step, some critical bit of information, or is lying.

I want the time back that he stole from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYwEz-h4BY Here, this is ModBot's version of the video. He doesn't suck.

Almost identical really and TeachingTech does bring up known issue since it's a newer video. I also like the model he has better than ModBot. Thanks nonetheless!

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I like both of them :shrug:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Almost identical really and TeachingTech does bring up known issue since it's a newer video. I also like the model he has better than ModBot. Thanks nonetheless!

This is exactly why he's a problem. He's wildly inconsistent. You can't ~trust~ anything he publishes. If you need a list of reasons, I can probaly get you 10 or 20. But here is my last post on it.

Nerobro posted:

There are no good teaching tech videos.
*snip*
-------------

Why is Nero so anti Teaching Tech? Because he comes to insane conclusions on his reviews. Becuase he never shows the real pain points in any product. Becuase his tests, which appear to be polished and good, are never done more than once, and show no scientific rigor. Ever. Teaching Tech is dangerous, becuase his video titles are slick, and his video production is "right" for youtube. He gives the impression of being an expert, and he's SO FAR FROM it.

Because of things he's posted, I've lost 30 hours I can directly point at people watching his videos, and me needing to unfuck what he "taught" them.

How far from an expert is he? A few weeks ago he posed this video about how good PrusaSlicer was (or was it superslicer, I can't be bothered to look it up right now). Why does this matter? Because IT WAS NEW TO HIM. He bought his slicer years ago, built profiles, and NEVER LOOKED ANYWHERE ELSE. He never. looked. You can't be a good teacher if you don't know what's out there. You can't be well informed if you don't try other things from time to time. You can't be good, if you don't know what else is good.

How bad is he at testing? His test of "enclosure versus not" were single tests, and he did nothing to adjust the printers for printing in a hotter enviorment. ~litterally the thing that makes it better~ he didn't adjust for.

How bad is he at recomending modifications? He went for a long time working on upgrades to an ender 3. After hundreds of dollars of parts, the printer printed no better than it did before. Which shows so much wrong with what he's doing. And somehow, he still justified the parts he threw at it.

Teaching Tech, shouldn't be recommended. To anyone. Because so many of his answers are misleading, wrong, and have no followup so you're left wondering "what.. am I doing so wrong?"

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Kicked off my first ASA print in the X1C this morning. Thoughts and prayers appreciated.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

AlexDeGruven posted:

Kicked off my first ASA print in the X1C this morning. Thoughts and prayers appreciated.

Best of luck but also I think people make way too big a deal about it. I’ve printed a bunch of stuff in ASA, big flat things that should warp like crazy, with no enclosure and I only ever had problems when I left a bunch of doors open and had cold outside air blowing over it the whole print.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Arcsech posted:

Best of luck but also I think people make way too big a deal about it. I’ve printed a bunch of stuff in ASA, big flat things that should warp like crazy, with no enclosure and I only ever had problems when I left a bunch of doors open and had cold outside air blowing over it the whole print.

I mean, it SHOULD be fine. Anything that has a preset in the loading options I assume has at least been tested.

So far, it's coming out great.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Macichne Leainig posted:

Didn't get the two orange halves lined up perfectly and I needed to deburr the eye, but it still came out great.

Used a hell of a lot of supports for the orange pumpkin face, more than I had ever used. But it worked! And it's cute as hell :3:

Model link:
https://www.printables.com/model/587276-pumpkin-cat-remix-fixed
I'll see your pumpkin cat and raise you two more.

Fresh from the printer, very minimal processing. Printed the black Sunday night and the orange last night after the filament showed up from Amazon (eSun PLA+ orange). Haven't used the .25mm nozzle before, so that was interesting on the orange. Used tree supports on the bodies, and brims on the orange, but no supports on the orange. The back on the 100% sized pumpkin broke off a bit, so that's reprinting. Otherwise, they came out pretty well. 25% infill on the cat bodies was probably too much, they are surprisingly heavy.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 25, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Whew, that looks good! What layer height was that at? Can barely see the layer lines on the face

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Ok, I like this stuff. Pretty nice how it turned out.

It also blows me away how much imperfections get picked up by cameras vs our eyes. None of the ripples you can see in the pic are visible to the naked eye under regular lighting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Macichne Leainig posted:

Whew, that looks good! What layer height was that at? Can barely see the layer lines on the face
0.1mm from the .25mm nozzle.
Was like 12 hours for about 85g of material.

0.2mm layers and the 0.6mm high flow nozzle (its a Revo) would have been about 3.5 hours instead. But it wouldn't look as nice. :)

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 25, 2023

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
The only semi tricky thing with ASA is bridging and silly overhangs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

So I have a friend trying to print some statue he got the STL file for, but it all hosed up. He did not print it himself and does not have access to a printer now. He's based in Michigan, about halfway between Grand Rapids and Lansing and had basically given the file to his BiL to print, who printed it as a SOLID block using a resin printer, which my friend ate all the cost for.

BiL is.... a character. Doesn't take criticism, has some personality issues, etc, so he can't actually go back to the guy and say "hey this is all hosed up and looks bad." The mat underneath is in centimeters, to give a sense of scale. It big.

Anyone in that area able to help him out? I can pass along contact info. Thanks!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 26, 2023

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
drat, yeah, there are... many problems with that print and the support work/post-processing done to it. That couldn't have been cheap.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Can't be all that bad, it says Great Value right on the bag!

[cough]

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

BlackIronHeart posted:

drat, yeah, there are... many problems with that print and the support work/post-processing done to it. That couldn't have been cheap.

The kicker is his BiL made it out like he was cutting him a deal because my friend only had to pay for the print himself, and then the jug of resin that was used. Which is... Woof. :psyduck:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Fuzz posted:

The kicker is his BiL made it out like he was cutting him a deal because my friend only had to pay for the print himself, and then the jug of resin that was used. Which is... Woof. :psyduck:

Ouch! PM sent.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Well it seems like his options are to talk with words to his moron brother OR shell out twice for the same project. I dunno what else the internet can do for him at this stage.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Javid posted:

Well it seems like his options are to talk with words to his moron brother OR shell out twice for the same project. I dunno what else the internet can do for him at this stage.

I mean he wants to pay to get it reprinted, just by someone competent.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Is there anything I can do to improve this guy on my ender 3?

I'm having some skipping issues, and I'm wondering if it's just this thing being iffy. It's running a dragonfly bms and a .6 nozzle so I can't imagine flow is the issue.

Printing at 210 degrees at 100mm/s on klipper so maybe thats the issue? Maybe the Bowden setup?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is the hobbed drive wheel clean? If it’s slipped in the past, the teeth can get clogged, which leads to more slippage, etc.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Saw this beauty of a failed print over on the Prusa forum.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

I'm having some skipping issues, and I'm wondering if it's just this thing being iffy. It's running a dragonfly bms and a .6 nozzle so I can't imagine flow is the issue.

Printing at 210 degrees at 100mm/s on klipper so maybe thats the issue? Maybe the Bowden setup?

Yeah, turn the heat up.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

TerminalSaint posted:

:itwaspoo:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

TerminalSaint posted:

Is that one of those chocolate prints?

"Man, my print looks like poo poo!"
"Surely it can't be that bad..."

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
On a whim I took a stab at a mandolorian helmet off maker world, if only to use that as a baseline for my head and give this one to the kids

One was billed as 120% big size, printed all at once on the bambu plate, and was properly supported and it came out good drat amazing

Sure it needs some sanding and finish, but not much on the putter surfaces. Also most notably I browsed this on my phone while bored on a meeting, and remotely sent it to my printer from work.

5/5 A+ would do again

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Bad Munki posted:

Is the hobbed drive wheel clean? If it’s slipped in the past, the teeth can get clogged, which leads to more slippage, etc.

This may well be it. Is it ever worth replacing the drive wheel? Not sure if it wears down etc.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

This may well be it. Is it ever worth replacing the drive wheel? Not sure if it wears down etc.

I've seen like one worn drive wheel ever. So yeah, it can happen, but I've found it's very rare.

Another thing to check is loosening the tension. It's possible to have too much pressure in the drive causing excessive friction there. In extreme cases it can also distort the filament causing interference along the bowden tube as well as in the hot end itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

The problem isn't the extruder. But you've not provided enough information to REALLY Be sure. We need to know the layer height, and plastic being used.

It's worth noting that the Dragonfly is only good for 20^3mm/s under ideal conditions. If you're printing at .5mm layer height, that's 30 cubic mm/s at 100mm/s linear speed.

Aurium posted:

Yeah, turn the heat up.

This would be my first answer.

If it's a ~very well used~ ender, you could be in the middle of bowden failure.. so if you have spare tubing, install that.