Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

the assumption underlying all of this nonsense in the house is the belief among republicans that if they pass all fourteen appropriations bills rather than an omnibus and the senate and white house refuse the spending limits under those individual bills republicans will not be blamed for the resulting government shutdown in the eyes of average americans

if you think that's a completely stupid assumption, you're right

It's a moot point because they're not gonna be able to pass poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Literally just got the quotes to tear the chimney down to below the roofline, patch the roof, remove the hearth and bigass stone wall the prior owners DIY'ed. Roughly 8k for everything after taxes, before putting up framing and drywall. Repairing everything would have been north of 20. We've been budgeting and planning and shopped around so we're pretty comfortable with the quote, but yea home maintenance costs are absolutely continuing to grow and we're lucky we saved through our 20s for this.

I doubt it'll ever get cheaper, and it's not like you can put that money somewhere else that will gain value as fast as the projects gain expense, so gently caress it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

"for freedom"

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzUT6NBFAWw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you are probably better off moving your house to a less prosperous area and get better quotes from contractors who are not used to gouging

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1717183384659673597
https://twitter.com/FoxReports/status/1717169079071494175
lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Thank you!! She's really awesome and good. Someone offered to do video for us, for a 2DCAT shirt, and I wasn't expecting like... Pro video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLn58P7kZ5M

:chome:

nice

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Its possible the House does not pas any more legislation this term.

crazy how this has been a general goal of republicans for decades and democrat think they are winning some sort of publicity game and that republicans will feel very foolish that government doesn't work.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
susan collins googling "is spendding money on poors good or bad?" and ignoring the results.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

euphronius posted:

At least they won't "fix" the farm bill :shrug:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Louisgod posted:

susan collins googling "is spendding money on poors good or bad?" and ignoring the results.

Many such google searches

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Congratulations to Congressional Republicans! Yesterday was a big and very important day. It gave us a quick and easy way forward with 5 candidates who are beyond reproach, and represent the absolute best there is in the Republican Party. Even the Fake News Media is impressed with what took place yesterday and, more importantly, with the Candidates themselves. Congratulations to Reps. Byron Donalds (Florida), Charles J. “Chuck” Fleischmann (Tennessee), Mark Green (Tennessee), & Roger Williams (Texas), & the ultimate winner of yesterday’s vote, by a significant margin, Mike Johnson (Louisiana). I am not going to make an Endorsement in this race, because I COULD NEVER GO AGAINST ANY OF THESE FINE AND VERY TALENTED MEN, all of whom have supported me, in both mind and spirit, from the very beginning of our GREAT 2016 Victory. In 2024, we will have an even bigger, & more important, WIN! My strong SUGGESTION is to go with the leading candidate, Mike Johnson, & GET IT DONE, FAST! LOVE, DJT

[TOOP]& GET IT DONE, FAST! LOVE, DJT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't want a cave but definitely a house partially sunken into a hillside

basically a hobbit hole
I want a hobbit house full of beers and cheeses

I found this hobbit house

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Basebf555 posted:

It's a moot point because they're not gonna be able to pass poo poo

two concurrent conversations about "passing poo poo", good job Day Crew

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
congrats to newest gop speaker nom mike penis

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
So yea it's pretty clear that they didn't not vote for Jordan because of any political reasons, they just hated his guts on a personal level.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Basebf555 posted:

So yea it's pretty clear that they didn't not vote for Jordan because of any political reasons, they just hated his guts on a personal level.

it's the default feeling for anybody from Ohio

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
trump stands from the table and gestures to his teams of lawyers sat on both sides, leaning in, waiting for his next words

"many of you will betray me"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

UFOTacoMan posted:

yup you need some new chimney gunk on top or cement
that is a precarious perch!
my house is one story and I can basically walk up to the chimney and sit on it

seems like a big risk of someone making GBS threads down ur chimney

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Louisgod posted:

it's the default feeling for anybody from Ohio

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Louisgod posted:

should I buy this god drat thing

I have two they own a lot and are worth every penny

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I pick up my dog's poop with a plastic bag is there a machine that can do that yet

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

we regret to inform the family that the cat burnt up on reentry when the litter capsule failed due to a manufacturing error in the ablative layer. rip

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

holtemon posted:

I pick up my dog's poop with a plastic bag is there a machine that can do that yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-40HjfJtOgo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

holtemon posted:

no reason why you can't train your dog to climb into the machine that looks like a dryer

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

holtemon posted:

:pooppop:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mr. Johnson may not be speaker material to this guy, but it’s gonna be funny watching Mr. Johnson’s career go up in flames because he decided to touch the poop

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I think Trump should win so he can imprison all the democrats, which they rightfully deserve for their full throated endorsement of genocide. Trump can make up whatever charges he wants for himself I don’t care.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

No way! That's pretty rad

My yard is all mulch though, no grass, so I dunno if it would work out

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Scarabrae posted:

I think Trump should win so he can imprison all the democrats, which they rightfully deserve for their full throated endorsement of genocide. Trump can make up whatever charges he wants for himself I don’t care.

agreed

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Scarabrae posted:

he will just throw them in a camp with all the mexicans and lgbtqs

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Mike Johnson gives off Sam Neil in The Omen 3 vibes

Are the The Omen movies good? been looking for a good new-to-me horror movie

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
mike johnson meet me in the fukken octagon (for charity) i will knock your prissy little block off

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

euphronius posted:

it's more likely the house collectively shits itself and then smears it all over themselves crying the whole time and then says the democraps did it

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
that would be somewhat of forward progress

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

And as a result the gop gets a super majority in both the house and the Senate

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scarabrae posted:

The funniest thing will probably be to see Trump appoint the most ridiculous possible people for various positions. Last time he felt obligated to play ball on some level and appoint "competent" people like Sessions or Mattis. This time it's gonna be like Attorney General Mike Lindell and Secretary of Defense Dan Bongino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Spaced God posted:

And as a result the gop gets a super majority in both the house and the Senate

its really cool how no matter what the scenario is it always results in "r's win"

everyone says that republicans dont want to govern, wtf is dems excuse