Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea China has other allies and interests in the area and Russia would give weapons. However, any actually invasion of Iranian would probably involve an insane bombing run that the world has not seen if Gaza is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Zokari posted:

as bad as netanyahu is i don't see how how he doesn't get replaced by someone even more psychotic

hitler 3

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

iran has actual anti-air capabilities so unless the us wants to lose very expensive planes im leaning more towards missiles/rockets and ship bombardment

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

iran has actual anti-air capabilities so unless the us wants to lose very expensive planes im leaning more towards missiles/rockets and ship bombardment

Yes, there will be zero American boots on Iranian soil no matter what happens. If there's a direct military confrontation it will just be shock n awe poo poo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

america might as well have bombed mecca at this point, theres going to be an unprecedented explosion and blowback soon.

what happened?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Dolash posted:

Quick question, where does Iraq stand in all of this? I don't have a strong sense at all of Iraq's government, the degree of America's control over it, or its relations to other powers these days.

the only reason why america lasted as long as they did in Iraq was because of Iran, 60% of Iraq didnt rise up against the american occupation because Iran was biding its time to take over that country politically and militarily which they now are in full control of.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

f-35s will be blowing up all over the place

but for a reason this time

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
There are 87 million people in Iran, they don't need raw numbers, but I don't think China and Russia would respect an arms embargo against them (especially considering the Russians can go through the Caspian and the Chinese can go through Central Asia). I don't think there would be a nuclear war, and also I don't think the Americans could do more than bomb some random targets and declare victory because there isn't an invasion force to send over there.

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea China has other allies and interests in the area and Russia would give weapons. However, any actually invasion of Iranian would probably involve an insane bombing run that the world has not seen if Gaza is any indication.

You really think too much of the US and too little of Iran.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yes, there will be zero American boots on Iranian soil no matter what happens. If there's a direct military confrontation it will just be shock n awe poo poo.

im even leaning they wont get ships too close either just rockets/missiles they cant stomach even a ship loss

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Al-Saqr posted:

the only reason why america lasted as long as they did in Iraq was because of Iran, 60% of Iraq didnt rise up against the american occupation because Iran was biding its time to take over that country politically and militarily which they now are in full control of.

eh most people just want to grill

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol

Guardian posted:

Speaking to reporters in Egypt, Macron said:

France recognises Israel’s right to defend itself. Regarding a ground intervention, if it is entirely targeted against terrorist groups, that is a choice that it has, but if it is a massive operation that would endanger civilian populations, in that case I think it would be an error for Israel.

The French leader said: “It would also be a mistake for Israel because it would be unlikely to offer long-term protection and because it is incompatible with protecting the civilian population or respecting international humanitarian law and the rules of war.”

Macron said France would be sending a navy ship to support Gaza’s hospitals within the next 48 hours.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

spacetoaster posted:

Serious question: Why do you think China and Russia would come to the defense of Iran?

I’d think Russia wouldn’t want yet another hostile American client state on their doorstep like what happened with Ukraine, and Iran being part of China’s belt and road thing. I dunno the whole thing seems incredibly volatile.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loving wow

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

a navy ship to support bombing the hospitals yeah

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The Russians/Chinese can send more ammo for their SAMs and that would probably be enough.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1717230429076705707

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this makes me loving sick, anyone who thought this was a good idea deserves to fight in the war they so badly yearn for

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

the thing about friendly fire is its friendly

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Huh, it's almost like they're a militant theocracy

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i support this

cause they will shoot eachother

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fellatio del Toro posted:

bibi: we are now undertaking the final solution to eradicate the children of darkness

joe: that doesnt sound great, how about 'people' of darkness?

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://x.com/Israel/status/1717241394761269452?s=20

Please dti soon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

incredibly normal and cool

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

this cant be real dont troll

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is so lame. step it up you dopes.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

netanyahu is hitler 2, many are saying this.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSithLord posted:

This vid is the perfect embodiment of Israel simultaneously being an evil genocidal nazi country and the gayest most soy place on earth

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Israelis are all issued firearms as part of their conscriptions service, correct? So Bibi is just asking Israelis to do the Bors "feeling safe" comic now?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rhodesia military collapse speedrun, any%

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Zadok Allen posted:

And Ben Shapiro’s twitter feed is full of the most belligerent bloodlust for genocide I’ve ever seen.

well that's just a normal wednesday for the littlest kapo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i guess he just announced all isrealis are combatants

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Oh well, just gotta do it then.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

insane clown pussy posted:

well that's just a normal wednesday for the littlest kapo

lmao that is the best descriptor of shapiro

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lol

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mcmagic posted:

Oh well, just gotta do it then.

I know this is going to go badly but the tip top boss keeps insisting so I’ll at least get to say I told you so at the rungs immediately below and above me

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
netanyahu/hitler 2 funko pops plz

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sherbert Hoover posted:

netanyahu/hitler 2 funko pops plz

Dont even need to hollow the soul out for those eyes its perfect

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

How many 9/11s deep into the Hamas frag montage do you think Voldemort is in that screenshot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mags posted:

I know this is going to go badly but the tip top boss keeps insisting so I’ll at least get to say I told you so at the rungs immediately below and above me

Israel has been trying to get the US to do a war with Iran for like 40 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hope France is sending some sort of AA ship to protect their hospital support ship, for their sake