Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings, Hamas agents

i think you mean Clark and Jennifer Westerfeld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dubar posted:

Thomas jefferson, just like Jesus, can be discarded as too woke

Washington died of the Woke Mind Virus. His doctors attempted to treat him by pouring vinegar, rum, and Hollandaise sauce up his rear end. Nowadays we know that doesn't work.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Washington died of the Woke Mind Virus. His doctors attempted to treat him by pouring vinegar, rum, and Hollandaise sauce up his rear end. Nowadays we know that doesn't work.

Speak for yourself.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Killer robot posted:

I saw this one come up today.

As the smoke fills up your tiny room there's nothing you can do
And far too late you see the Hamas sleeper cell is you

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That just wakes me up more

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Guavanaut posted:

I took an 18 hour flight into Mexico City so I could walk a thousand miles into Texas.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I took an 18 hour flight into Mexico City so I could walk a thousand miles into Texas.

Ugh get your Scottish bands right, please. It was the Proclaimers who were going to walk a thousand miles, not Texas :colbert:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

I appreciate this lyric.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Almost 4 years into this and we're still getting this poo poo gee I wonder why it won't go away

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Medullah posted:

Almost 4 years into this and we're still getting this poo poo gee I wonder why it won't go away

4 years later and r/hermancainaward still finds new people who hosed around and found out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The cheeto is super flimsy, yeah, but it's going to keep the door shut until someone pushes it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Guavanaut posted:

Boo!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Uncle's back on a school prayer kick

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Low bar, but the meter's consistent except at the very end. And there's a break into Yoda Syntax at one point to keep the rhyme scheme, but that's hardly unique to stuff like this.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hmm...yes, I'd definitely love to take cues on how America should be run by a dementia patient whose brains were running out of his ears by his second term and whose "heart told him" that he didn't sell missiles to the Contras.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Why do old fuckers love nursery rhymes so much

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

Why do old fuckers love nursery rhymes so much

They're old

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"This is so simple a child could understand it!"
You'd have to be a child to swallow these dumb rear end talking points.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bing
Bong
So simple

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bing
Bong
So simple

Oh my god why did I never think of that, we could have cured so many homosexuals

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They did try that for decades. "Infants with intersex bodies might grow up to be gay, which is terrible, so we've got to surgically shove them into the gender binary somehow, probably make them a girl because that's easier, and then their parents will lie to them for their entire childhood and things will turn out great."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bing
Bong
So simple

"Elizabeth Anne, look at the clothes and hairstyle I've put on you. Do they look like a boy's? Then you must not be."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sir, this is a Sony.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I use logic and reason when it comes to politics, and I will lose my poo poo if I see a pride flag in a video game background

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Both sides seem to have good points"
"I use logic when it comes to politics"
"I use my brain rather than my heart for every situation"
"I do not like the word 'woke' but it really does sum up what I'm talking about"
"Thrown in your face and forced down your throat"

That's lovely Opinions Bingo!

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I'm in the middle and have a big brain and that's why I think I should have the option to pretend gay people don't exist when I play a high IQ IP like spoderman

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Sir, this is a Sony.

Was posted in another thread this was posted in, South Park's game had the best political slider.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Straight-gay slider in every video game but it has that underflow bug like in Civilization when Gandhi would get too peaceful and wrap around to a genocidal nuke-happy mass murderer

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Straight-gay slider in every video game but it has that underflow bug like in Civilization when Gandhi would get too peaceful and wrap around to a genocidal nuke-happy mass murderer
Underflowing the AI to 2147483647/100 in a space colony game with this slider results in the plot of a certain movie happening but you can only trigger the glitch by being virulently homophobic at every possible opportunity

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

VitalSigns posted:

I found out two days ago that that's a myth :(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Guavanaut posted:

Sir, this is a Sony.

Gay People: *exist*
:2monocle: : I say, this flies in the face of all logic and reason!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i love that he doesn't give an example of the "wokeness" and i bet he'd get reeeeeeeeal roundabout if you asked.

imagine saying you're a huge fan of spider-man but also being against inclusion.
when miles morales premiered i heard a racist guy saying he couldn't stand the political correctness (pre-"woke" term) and i ended up telling him that i'mmore than happy to share spider-man with every person in the hopes that they'll all be a little bit more like that. i even ended the rant with "and spider-man would agree with me" because i'm a gigantic dork

seriously the entire history of comic books is a power fantasy for minorities and misfits and time has only tamped them down so you can't even say you prefer the original. the first superman newspaper comic had him literally thretening to destroy a bank unless they loan a poor farmer money.

missing the entire point of comic books for 40 loving years and still thinking you're the good guy. "hey international symbol of goodness and peace: help me beat up this gay kid!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

i love that he doesn't give an example of the "wokeness" and i bet he'd get reeeeeeeeal roundabout if you asked.

imagine saying you're a huge fan of spider-man but also being against inclusion.
when miles morales premiered i heard a racist guy saying he couldn't stand the political correctness (pre-"woke" term) and i ended up telling him that i'mmore than happy to share spider-man with every person in the hopes that they'll all be a little bit more like that. i even ended the rant with "and spider-man would agree with me" because i'm a gigantic dork

seriously the entire history of comic books is a power fantasy for minorities and misfits and time has only tamped them down so you can't even say you prefer the original. the first superman newspaper comic had him literally thretening to destroy a bank unless they loan a poor farmer money.

missing the entire point of comic books for 40 loving years and still thinking you're the good guy. "hey international symbol of goodness and peace: help me beat up this gay kid!"

It's important to bear in mind that Completely and Deliberately Missing the loving Point of a given medium is a tale as old as the first stories.
The Bible would be the obvious :smuggo: followup as an example, but yeah, for as long as there have been stories told, there have been dipshits deliberately misinterpreting those stories so that they mean what they wanted to hear.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think this and a few other dnd mock threads are old enough that there's posts from Mile's introduction and the fake outrage from Fox News and several real comic nerds dunking on it and bring up so called "political correctness" gimmicks like female thor and a few other different Capt Americas iirc. also this was pre supa Marvel movie universe so it was weird that Fox a "serious" news org was reporting on niche nerd stuff.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 26, 2023

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

VitalSigns posted:

But enough about what happened to both my gender and my sexuality after my divorce

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Weatherman posted:

I found out two days ago that that's a myth :(

Ghandi? No it's real

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

HootTheOwl posted:

Ghandi? No it's real

According to Wikipedia at least, Nuclear Gandhi is a myth.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Atomic Gandhi

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

InsertPotPun posted:

Same reason why DragonBall is so popular with Black and Latino communities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Brawnfire posted:

Atomic Gandhi

New band name found.