Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

No Wave posted:

She programmed an all powerful robot to confiscate visions and kill dissenters and leave inazuma in a hosed up state for 800 years. Idk how its even a debate.

This is just effectively using girl power. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

haypliss posted:

This is just effectively using girl power. :shrug:

no, no, Inazuma uses electric power. girl power is what the Academy in Sumeru were using before the archon quest. totally different thing

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

no, no, Inazuma uses electric power. girl power is what the Academy in Sumeru were using before the archon quest. totally different thing

I thought Girl Power was what March 7 uses in HSR

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I love the Shogunator, what a fun concept. When it said you're free to leave the castle alive, then instantly tried to gank you when you took a single step outside. Lmao, classic shogun :allears:
Wish we got more evil robot playable characters (Scara's too human and more bratty than evil now, he doesn't count).

Ei, I can take or leave

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

The whopperflower section is ancient. It was added to the game in like 1.1 and never updated.

Ancient or not, not listing the ones you can pull up from the ground is just utterly bad.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I see how they would hinge things on Furina's doofy mascot role by the end of it all, but it has just been a full miss for me even if she will likely be reincorporating the get-poo poo-done half of herself that is in the Oratrice or whatever. Who is more the reason this whole stupid country functions, but in a way that still enhances the annoyance from the mascot. This also hits Inazuma/Sumeru deja vu so hopefully they've just outwitted me instead.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

haypliss posted:

I see how they would hinge things on Furina's doofy mascot role by the end of it all, but it has just been a full miss for me even if she will likely be reincorporating the get-poo poo-done half of herself that is in the Oratrice or whatever. Who is more the reason this whole stupid country functions, but in a way that still enhances the annoyance from the mascot. This also hits Inazuma/Sumeru deja vu so hopefully they've just outwitted me instead.

i mean don't look it up if you want to be surprised, but they accidentally(?) left some of Neuvillette's character page quotes unlocked that were probably meant to be inaccessible until 4.2 and they have some pretty heavy spoilers re: what to expect

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
His level 80 ascension specifically says a lot of stuff that he hasnt had any reason to say yet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Stare-Out posted:

Ancient or not, not listing the ones you can pull up from the ground is just utterly bad.
I suspect that the way the search function works it just literally can't do that. The "trap" whopperflowers do not exist unless spawned by proximity or picking up the trigger item, and the search thing works by directing you to the location of the nearest registered "thing." Many, if not most, of the "things" are not registered, which is another problem, but the whopperflower thing is probably just a nasty side effect of that specific tricky spawn method. To make it work it'd have to instead direct you to the spawn triggers, and I assume they're not interested in doing that much work or they'd also update the lists of things to incorporate the addition of new ones.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nakar posted:

I suspect that the way the search function works it just literally can't do that. The "trap" whopperflowers do not exist unless spawned by proximity or picking up the trigger item, and the search thing works by directing you to the location of the nearest registered "thing." Many, if not most, of the "things" are not registered, which is another problem, but the whopperflower thing is probably just a nasty side effect of that specific tricky spawn method. To make it work it'd have to instead direct you to the spawn triggers, and I assume they're not interested in doing that much work or they'd also update the lists of things to incorporate the addition of new ones.

Sure but it's not like the game doesn't know which pickups spawn the whopperflowers so there's no reason they couldn't add those to the list. Especially since, as I said, there are several whopperflowers just out in the world that aren't listed in the in-game guide.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

UHD posted:

meanwhile rex lapis fakes his own death specifically to get out of the archon gig

"it's mortal's time to rule" uh huh sure buddy

He faked his own death just to let himself get bossed around by someone who's obsessed with death and hurting herself with her own Vision, which probably says a lot about how much he was hating being an archon at the end.

I do appreciate Hu Tao just going "blah blah blah blah blah" while he's doing his usual thing during the poetry event

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If Navia works by vacuuming geo reaction crystals I think Albedo will be a real great partner for her. He floods the field with crystallize reactions basically for free.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

The only person who seems to feel Furina is actually incompetent is a villain who attempted to murder her in the street, and whose own plans involved sending in three dumbass teenagers to be spies.
three dumbass teenagers who were overpowered by a 5 year old slug and a bored guy

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The distinction is that Furina isn't very good at the job of actually being an Archon and protecting/managing her realm personally but great at being the kind of figurehead that the people of Fontaine adore. So in that regard, as a 'head of state', she's doing great in that her people mostly seem to regard her very positively.

Also arguably delegating is part of being a good ruler and she's clearly got that art down to a science.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Danakir posted:

The distinction is that Furina isn't very good at the job of actually being an Archon and protecting/managing her realm personally but great at being the kind of figurehead that the people of Fontaine adore. So in that regard, as a 'head of state', she's doing great in that her people mostly seem to regard her very positively.

Also arguably delegating is part of being a good ruler and she's clearly got that art down to a science.
Separation of powers is important. It's a little questionable that she made the head of government and the head of the judiciary the same person, but I'll take that over a military dictatorship any day of the week.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that French Revolution storyline everyone was expecting?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well (we're still in 4.1) maybe we'll see some of that in the remaining .5/.7 updates.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FractalSandwich posted:

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that French Revolution storyline everyone was expecting?

I think all the story people have expected that to already have happened.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I was expecting the story to go much darker after the excellent Sumeru world quests and just how relevant to the meta plot Sumeru was. I was overly optimistic in my outlook. Granted this final story is the time to do, so maybe I'll get my wish for some hosed up tragic poo poo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

His level 80 ascension specifically says a lot of stuff that he hasnt had any reason to say yet.

I was kinda shocked to hear that line. I also just checked, and you can't even read all of his backstory yet, despite Having him at A6 and friendship 9.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eimi posted:

I was expecting the story to go much darker after the excellent Sumeru world quests and just how relevant to the meta plot Sumeru was. I was overly optimistic in my outlook. Granted this final story is the time to do, so maybe I'll get my wish for some hosed up tragic poo poo.

That’s been my existence since launch, coming from HI3. People kept saying “lol now is the time Genshin players will experience our suffering”, “actually now it’s the time”, “any time now”. I have given up hope on it happening outside of a few moments here and there.

Maybe I’ll be wrong but it would go with their “don’t want to stress casuals” philosophy for the game to keep it lighter in tone for the most part. The lore is certainly there to have some impactful poo poo happen. And some of the best moments are when they do allow themselves to go that direction. I just don’t think they’ll ever lean into it in this game.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

rio posted:

That’s been my existence since launch, coming from HI3. People kept saying “lol now is the time Genshin players will experience our suffering”, “actually now it’s the time”, “any time now”. I have given up hope on it happening outside of a few moments here and there.

Maybe I’ll be wrong but it would go with their “don’t want to stress casuals” philosophy for the game to keep it lighter in tone for the most part. The lore is certainly there to have some impactful poo poo happen. And some of the best moments are when they do allow themselves to go that direction. I just don’t think they’ll ever lean into it in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPumUorozBg

Sumeru's msq ending was at least really emotionally touching. And yeah it's me trying to parse out where Genshin is going to go. Because all the dark (interesting) poo poo is just under the surface, bubbling. But then Genshin is the cute comfy hang out with your anime friends game. Do they just want that contrast to try and appeal to the maximum number of people? Do they want it to boil over? Is it just stringing us along? (The answer is probably yes to all these questions.)

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You get your Dark poo poo Main Quest once per year, with the annual DainQuest.

and i'm expecting the gutpunch that'll turn out all of those put together will make up the khan'riah chapter and we never get to actually go there

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eimi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPumUorozBg

Sumeru's msq ending was at least really emotionally touching. And yeah it's me trying to parse out where Genshin is going to go. Because all the dark (interesting) poo poo is just under the surface, bubbling. But then Genshin is the cute comfy hang out with your anime friends game. Do they just want that contrast to try and appeal to the maximum number of people? Do they want it to boil over? Is it just stringing us along? (The answer is probably yes to all these questions.)

That’s a great one. I think my favorite is from Ch. 31 - that whole Elysian Realm wrap up really hit me. Love the music box arrangements too https://youtu.be/P1994okUgTg?si=1H35CHRxSmB3uRFI

I would kill for something with that kind of impact (ha) in genshin. You’re right that there’s so much bubbling beneath the surface - they have the potential to tell emotional (and devastating) stories but they leave so much in the lore. That was one of the things I really liked about Sumeru too - the ending had so much weight to it.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

the only good archon is tsaritsa because her and her wagner group fatui know celestia is full of poo poo so hopefully the rest of the archons wake up; I actually dont think we will see the true poo poo-just-got-real story moments until snezhnaya or whatever the chapter after that one will be

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

or maybe it's not the kind of game to shove dark poo poo in your face all day every day no matter how much you want it to

halokiller posted:

the only good archon is tsaritsa because her and her wagner group fatui know celestia is full of poo poo so hopefully the rest of the archons wake up; I actually dont think we will see the true poo poo-just-got-real story moments until snezhnaya or whatever the chapter after that one will be

three of the four archons gave their gnosis up willingly and the fourth can't be trusted so what makes you think they don't already have an idea of what the tsaritsa might want to do with it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finished the poetry event.

I really wasn't expecting much out of the event considering the characters and how it started, but getting a resolution to an extremely minor and unimportant NPC's storyline out of nowhere and years after the fact is pretty mindblowing. I wonder how long they were planning that out for?

I do like this new trend of letting us do stuff away from the Traveler. Gives us more opportunities to see characters interact with each other without having to find a way to shoehorn Traveler into it, and maybe one day we'll have an event that doesn't have to involve Traveler at all!

Aside from the slow start, the only big critique I have of the event is that half the characters in it disappear for the final part. Xingqiu is left out in the cold, Venti is his usual "I knew what was happening the entire time!" self, and Xiao, Noelle, Zhongli, and Hu Tao are just straight up gone. Unless there's an epilogue that hasn't triggered yet (or they're hanging out in the wild somewhere), seems a bit weird to leave so many of them out.

And lastly... does Hoyo like Traveler/Xiao as a couple? It really seems like every time Xiao is in an event they go out of their way to give him and Traveler time to themselves to chat one-on-one, something I don't think happens with any other character. Xiao seems a lot softer with Traveler than he is other characters, too.

UHD posted:

three of the four archons gave their gnosis up willingly and the fourth can't be trusted so what makes you think they don't already have an idea of what the tsaritsa might want to do with it

Yeah, they seem pretty indifferent to whatever she's planning outside of how it immediately affects their nations. There's almost an air of "hey, you wanna gently caress with Celestia, go ahead" to their attitudes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Poetry event was ok enough but I cant help but compare it to the guoba event from 2 years ago (another anni event that dealt with 1.0 lore but with a much more interesting conclusion). Getting the reveal about Diona was very cool and unexpectes though

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Unless there's an epilogue that hasn't triggered yet (or they're hanging out in the wild somewhere), seems a bit weird to leave so many of them out.

Xiao actually does show up near the waypoint next to Pervases’ shrine/ruins of his shrine, and leaves something at the altar/next to the statue. Don’t think there’s anything else though.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Shinji2015 posted:

Hu Tao are just straight up gone. Unless there's an epilogue that hasn't triggered yet (or they're hanging out in the wild somewhere),

Hu Tao is hanging out next to Granny Shans Toyshop in Liyue Harbour.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one surprised about (poetry event) the traveler talking during the event ? Seemed really random, and kind of a waste. Maybe it hits harder in Chinese

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Obviously it's not real since every time you play a character's story quest that includes a 5th party member they're either maxed level or one shy of it and 3rd constellation but I do wonder what the process for choosing who levels up via what is. Why does Shenhe need Enkanomiya drops? That still feels like an out of left field one to me.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I don't know what it is but the new beetles (for Wrio) are just giving me hell and a half to find. I've looked up routes, and even then they just feel like they're 5x harder to spot than any others (even Cyno's awful little tan-on-sand scarabs).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Obviously it's not real since every time you play a character's story quest that includes a 5th party member they're either maxed level or one shy of it and 3rd constellation but I do wonder what the process for choosing who levels up via what is. Why does Shenhe need Enkanomiya drops? That still feels like an out of left field one to me.
She released around the same time as Enka. Now as for why Furina needs whopperflower mats? That I'm lost on.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I don't know what it is but the new beetles (for Wrio) are just giving me hell and a half to find. I've looked up routes, and even then they just feel like they're 5x harder to spot than any others (even Cyno's awful little tan-on-sand scarabs).

if you hit them with an electro attack they'll sit there sparking for a bit, which makes them easier to spot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

She released around the same time as Enka. Now as for why Furina needs whopperflower mats? That I'm lost on.

Common drops have been alright for the most part. The worst are the specter drops and handguards. Boss drops and specialties are what get me. The yellow water lotuses, the blue cliff ivy lotuses, Rukkhashava mushrooms, Henna Berries, Scarabs, Onikabuto, and Crystal Marrow are either way more of a pain to deal with or headscratchers comparatively. Like Itto and Yun Jin both wanting Wolf Lord drops.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter that much and it's just an excuse to get you to spend resin fighting specific bosses but I just think some of them are weird when they're so distant from where the characters live. Like Yao Yao needing Dendro cube drops or Baizhu needing Iniquitous Baptist drops.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still puzzled that Mika didn't use cryo cube mats, and instead used the Wenut. There's only two characters that use the cube, and one you can't even get anymore.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

No Wave posted:

Whopperflowers are masters of mimicry and playing a role (see cinnabar event). I've not completed any of the world/character/archon missions in Fontaine yet, but from some noise in the thread and elsewhere it seems like it may be thematically applicable?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm still puzzled that Mika didn't use cryo cube mats, and instead used the Wenut. There's only two characters that use the cube, and one you can't even get anymore.
The joke is that both of the characters who use the cube's mats were forgotten along with the cube. And the one remaining acquirable (limited) character isn't even good at killing it, lol.They dropped the ball hard on that one, which is a shame because it's a decently fun fight with a few different positional and zone mechanics, you just need pyro to do it in a reasonable timeframe. Which is fine, because elemental boss.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 26, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sushibandit posted:

And the one remaining acquirable (limited) character isn't even good at killing it, lol.

mona is completely useless against the oceanid, thoma can't damage the pyro cybe, etc. etc. etc.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah, characters being bad vs their bosses is basically the rule not the exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Obnoxipus posted:

Have you adjusted the difficulty for 2x/4x score?

Yes?

I just went back and tried Day 1 one more time on 4x. I broke my previous record and hit 9900, so yes, 8000 is possible with a near-perfect set of rounds.

The concept of 20000 there has me giggling to myself.