Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

if topaz doesn't make enough money, she's gonna get demoted even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

if topaz doesn't make enough money, she's gonna get demoted even more

Good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Swarm gets a bit easier as you do more of the objectives in the tree and unlock the passives, but it takes some time

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

Swarm even at difficulty 3 is hard for me

I think I managed 3, but I did it with 3 defensive units and Quinque.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I hadn't touched it in forever and decided to try V today actually, easy win with preservation and FX/Luocha/Gepard/DHIL.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've barely touched Swarm. I don't want to run myself out of content. Working through the Pokémon event now.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
One day I'll seriously hit the relic grind and maybe finally get past my 25% clear rate on Swarm 3.

One day.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My secret sauce for V turned out to be FX/Luocha/SW/QQ with Destruction. Get the Destruction thing that turns health into shields. Fire it off, and FX goes upside down, Luocha heals someone to full, and if the stars align right QQ has like 50% HP and sprays high-ATK, high-CRIT tiles everywhere a couple times.

This setup doesn't do Super V or whatever it's called; I think I need to invest in March or actually pull Gepard.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The main trick to V is knowing which defensive blessing you need/want and having a cleanse, cause the stacking Wind dot will ruin your day eventually from the Bugs.

The big ones

Damage Reduction at Full Health
Damage Reduction with Shields
Damage Reduction with the Enhanced Damage Sharing

So you try and grab any of those and whatever other defensive Blessings synergize with your team.

If you are going Destruction there are also a couple ones that work if you are at low HP but you kind of need to be going hard that route since it takes multiple Blessings of Destruction to get rolling.

Edit: Bailu is very good in general since she heals when you get attacked.

Also you do not have to do a run in one sitting, you can save a run midway.

MadHat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 26, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I just ran double sustain with the power of Daniel exploding all the bugs. Fu Xuan and Bailu was my final comp. Luocha was more healing sure, but the real danger was Fu Xuan going down and Bailu stops that.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I didn't really touch Swarm 5 until I'd gotten most of the path upgrades, and 4 is really tough without double sustain (Luocha / Gepard) and SW to break / shred Def

Propagation and Nihility were definitely the easiest paths, otherwise you need to dip into the Abundance/Preservation/Destruction 3* blessings to support how long it takes to kill things

You need to play Swarm a lot to get the most out of it, and it was definitely a bit too long, compared to SU runs can normally take an hour or so.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
all my stonks on herta puppet figures

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kirbysuperstar posted:

all my stonks on herta puppet figures

I put mine on the owl. Did the red line underneath the item mean its overpriced?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

fischtick posted:

My secret sauce for V turned out to be FX/Luocha/SW/QQ with Destruction. Get the Destruction thing that turns health into shields. Fire it off, and FX goes upside down, Luocha heals someone to full, and if the stars align right QQ has like 50% HP and sprays high-ATK, high-CRIT tiles everywhere a couple times.

This setup doesn't do Super V or whatever it's called; I think I need to invest in March or actually pull Gepard.

I haven't tried Swarm since getting Fu Xuan, but I feel like the immense survivability she brings to the table will be a game-changer. The combination of her + a healer is pretty silly.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Does weakness modify anything besides attacks affecting the toughness gauge? Like does it buff attack damage overall?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Consider: a Svarog-sized 5-star battle armor that simultaneously houses Asta, Arlan and Peppy

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I can 3* MoC 10, but I haven't beaten Swarm 3 yet and I die horribly every time I try~

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

My team for Swarm III was Fireblazer, March, Dragon Dan, and Bailu. That's my team for most of SU right now, actually (except Cocolia where Asta takes March's place)

There's a low-tier Preservation blessing that gives you something like 20% chances of debuff cleanse upon getting a shield, which doesn't seem like much but since everything Fireblazer does gives the entire party shields it chips away at things like the Swarm DOTs. Pair it up with the Preservation blessing that gives you a small shield upon taking a hit.

Also, I can't do MoC at all yet. Even the Xianzhou Forgotten Hall levels are too tough to 3* for now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Revitalized posted:

Does weakness modify anything besides attacks affecting the toughness gauge? Like does it buff attack damage overall?

If an enemy isn't weak to an element, they almost always have 20% damage resistance to that element. There's nothing inherent to having weakness that changes damage, though (for example, when you add weaknesses to the final boss of Swarm Disaster via defeating the first boss, that doesn't change the True Sting's damage resistance to it). Silver Wolf's skill specifically reduces the damage resistance as well, which is why she's so good.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Zurai posted:

If an enemy isn't weak to an element, they almost always have 20% damage resistance to that element. There's nothing inherent to having weakness that changes damage, though (for example, when you add weaknesses to the final boss of Swarm Disaster via defeating the first boss, that doesn't change the True Sting's damage resistance to it). Silver Wolf's skill specifically reduces the damage resistance as well, which is why she's so good.

So like Silver Wolf assigning weaknesses changes nothing about raw damage itself?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

enemies that are Broken take 11% more damage (or rather, unbroken enemies take 90% damage)

being able to break, rather than not, is therefore worth some damage in and of itself

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Can I stick that lil cutie Lynx in my Swarm party or is she useless

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Revitalized posted:

So like Silver Wolf assigning weaknesses changes nothing about raw damage itself?

Silver Wolf (and only her -- it's a separate part of her skill, as I mentioned) also reduces the target's damage resistance to the newly-weak element by 20%. Anything else in the game that adds weaknesses (there's a SU curio that does it plus the first boss of Swarm Disaster as mentioned) leaves damage resistances intact.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

got the 20 distortion level achievement done (@ lv2)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Help???

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Traveller posted:

My team for Swarm III was Fireblazer, March, Dragon Dan, and Bailu. That's my team for most of SU right now, actually (except Cocolia where Asta takes March's place)

There's a low-tier Preservation blessing that gives you something like 20% chances of debuff cleanse upon getting a shield, which doesn't seem like much but since everything Fireblazer does gives the entire party shields it chips away at things like the Swarm DOTs. Pair it up with the Preservation blessing that gives you a small shield upon taking a hit.

Also, I can't do MoC at all yet. Even the Xianzhou Forgotten Hall levels are too tough to 3* for now.

Xianzhou is much harder than MoC. I got 30 stars, but I can barely 1 star Xianzhou 6. Shut is hard.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got the 3 star on that right after i finished building jingliu. before that i had only been able to get the one star. it definitely is a lot harder than MoC10 has been in my experience.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I bought 1 million credits worth of Herta figurines and they're all sending positive energy to your next pull.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Can I stick that lil cutie Lynx in my Swarm party or is she useless

lynx is a good healer. slightly better natasha. has specific synergy with blade.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
If you get nihility’s swarm damage reduction on suspicion stacks and the blessings that mean suspicion stacks aren’t reduced, you can nerf the hell out of damage by getting it to 99. Enemies doing two digit hits if you get lucky with other defenses like preservation shielding.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i had a remembrance run once where enemies were taking massive damage every time i hit them while frozen and i can't remember what caused it

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Disassociation blessings, definitely.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Zokari posted:

i had a remembrance run once where enemies were taking massive damage every time i hit them while frozen and i can't remember what caused it
I think there’s one that removes Dissociation (thus triggering it) when hitting frozen enemies? Certainly Dissociation is the real big damage dealer for Remembrance blessings.

Also love scooping up the two Spores-applying Propagation blessings regardless of actual path. So many big numbers.

I still haven’t managed to beat Swarm V on Remembrance or Hunt tho, even in runs I would call particularly lucky. If I get enough damage resist or shields, I don’t get enough busted damage blessings, or vice versa. I think FX may be one of my problems, though, since she’s so good anytime you aren’t facing ridiculous AoE damage I tend to overuse her. Should go back to Fireblazer + hoping to roll up Macrosegregation and a few other shield blessings. or build my Gepard, I guess, siiiiigh he’s so booriiingggg

Relatedly, I’ve got all but the last star on the Luofu themed Forgotten Hall. Can’t seem to clear it quite fast enough, always over the limit by 4-5 turns even if I’m reaching full 10 stacks of the buff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Unfortunately rolls 71-75 will have the same chance as 1-70 you gotta dig deep to hit 76+ in like a day and a half.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
what am I supposed to do to beat Herta in Aetherium Wars, she just takes like 3 turns per character and I cannot even act.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
That ending for Topaz's new trailer gives some real culty vibes. Which is appropriate enough considering the IPC is more or less a religion as much as it is a corporation.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyXcRTNhCc

Not doing anything to mitigate her as the first playable villain.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Eimi posted:

This meme still incredibly accurate.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Eimi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyXcRTNhCc

Ah yes, the first playable villain in Star Rail. Ignoring, of course, all the playable villains who came before her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Honestly one of the best character trailers they've put out so far.