Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ChickenHeart posted:

I think I've got a pretty good Solo Queue build going:

Any room for improvements?

Dump Scene Partner, pick up Parental Guidance. Stun the killer, they can't see scratch marks for 7 seconds gives you time to find a bush to Plot Twist into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Medullah posted:

Dump Scene Partner, pick up Parental Guidance. Stun the killer, they can't see scratch marks for 7 seconds gives you time to find a bush to Plot Twist into

MikeNCR posted:

Hmm, could see if you like Diversion in there as an alternative to scene partner. Throw rocks at the killer instead of screaming at them.

Both good suggestions - Diversion has given me some great comedic moments in the past, though it's really hard to beat that "scream in the killer's face 5 times in a row" value. Parental Guidance miiight just be creeping over too far into the "actually useful" category.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

Both good suggestions - Diversion has given me some great comedic moments in the past, though it's really hard to beat that "scream in the killer's face 5 times in a row" value. Parental Guidance miiight just be creeping over too far into the "actually useful" category.

My current go-to decent-ish solo survivor build is Diversion, Deja Vu, Dramaturgy, and Windows. Even if Diversion doesn't get much value it's still at least amusing. Windows is mostly so I know if someone else made a massive deadzone and Deja Vu is how I desperately try to prevent 3-gens.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Patch today fixed some bugs.....and brought back broken fast vaults! Killers rejoice!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Why??? Why?!?!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

Why??? Why?!?!

It needed more pallets, and I say that as a killer main. I spawned in with Windows on a survivor match and literally didn't see a single pallet.

This may be overkill, depending on how safe the loops remain.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
They clarified in the patch notes that 18 is the maximum amount of pallets that can spawn. It won't spawn 18 pallets every time, it will stop spawning them when new pallets would be too close to other pallets. We'll see how egregious it is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I already hated Borgo because I can't see the drat scratches :negative:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah nah I’m just gonna bail any time I spawn into Borgo now. It’s easily the worst map in the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'll take Borgo 100000 times before Garden of Joy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ive honestly never had issues with Garden of Joy, aside from the inexplicable decision to add red vines that look like scratches, giving it a similar issue to Borgo. It might just be that I'm usually Wesker on that map though

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah nah I’m just gonna bail any time I spawn into Borgo now. It’s easily the worst map in the game.

Woke.

Medullah posted:

I'll take Borgo 100000 times before Garden of Joy.

Broke.

Hah I hate Borgo so much, Garden of Joy sucks but not NEARLY to the degree (imo)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Make Borgo look like it does when you play as Freddy but by default.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Danaru posted:

Why??? Why?!?!

This is not the part of Hawkins I wanted back at all!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Danaru posted:

I already hated Borgo because I can't see the drat scratches :negative:

Just turn on color blind mode.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I don't even like Borgo on survivor. I see an offering and I'm like okay which one of you bitches was responsible for this :mad:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Map offerings are violence.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Medullah posted:

I'll take Borgo 100000 times before Garden of Joy the Swamp

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just saying...this was a Borgo match....

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sokani posted:

Map offerings really need to be done away with at this point.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Sokani posted:

I take indoor map offerings sometimes because those are fairly neutral and some of my favorites on survivor. But yeah, most of them just... suck and I dread seeing an Ormond offering or whatever when playing killer because I know it's usually taken to give an unfair advantage or be malicious instead of just liking a map. Sad since I actually enjoy Ormond.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Danaru posted:

Ive honestly never had issues with Garden of Joy, aside from the inexplicable decision to add red vines that look like scratches, giving it a similar issue to Borgo. It might just be that I'm usually Wesker on that map though

I’ve never had issues with it either. It can be challenging, but it’s not even in the same league as Borgo, an ugly flat monochrome nightmare that literally hurts your eyes and has tons of geometry that still, even after several fixes will snag you on loops for no reason.

Throw it in the loving trash, man.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only times I use map offerings is when I'm trying to clear out my inventory, or if I'm playing scratched Myers and I can just tell the game plans to send me to the farm or the swamp

I got sent to the farm nine times in a row one night. NINE. And it ONLY happens when I'm Myers, Wesker never gets sent there

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Map offerings should veto a map, instead of bringing you to it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

rydiafan posted:

Agreeeeeed

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

rydiafan posted:

:yeah:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I've seen that suggested before and I think it's a good compromise. Give me a chance to use all those Coldwind offerings I have (except Billy of course) on killer and all the Midwich offerings I have in 6 survivor

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIu51knTQM

Naughty Bear gameplay

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
New Borgo absolutely needed more pallets, the entire quarter of the map between main and shack had nothing in it except for the single high wall tile, despite having 2 almost guaranteed gen spawns in there with 2 more close by. For how often survivors need to go there (running away from gens being worked on in denser parts, or simply being there to work on 2 gens) it desperately needs more safety than it had.
And I'm saying this from the killer perspective. I often dropped chases when they went elsewhere simply because if I caught someone in that corner they got hit.

The map is still fugly.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Garden of joy is bad, but it only reaches its true potential when someones doing boil over bullshit.

That's when it beats Borgo as worst map.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
BP and shards code.

It says 10/31 but it worked today :shrug:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So I was messing around with Nurse again, mostly getting skunked by a SWF, getting a few more hits in than usual (I'm improving! I'll never take off my Plaid Flannel but I'm improving) but no one dead in endgame. I do chase someone off of the switch, he runs away. Then rather than chase him I teleported behind the closed gate and just waited. Figured they either come back to my gate or they all go out the other gate, whichever.

The first guy I was chasing tries the switch again. I teleport out, grab them and end up with the best 1K I've ever felt

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

So I was messing around with Nurse again, mostly getting skunked by a SWF, getting a few more hits in than usual (I'm improving! I'll never take off my Plaid Flannel but I'm improving) but no one dead in endgame. I do chase someone off of the switch, he runs away. Then rather than chase him I teleported behind the closed gate and just waited. Figured they either come back to my gate or they all go out the other gate, whichever.

The first guy I was chasing tries the switch again. I teleport out, grab them and end up with the best 1K I've ever felt

If you want to have a laugh take Insidious and NOED and hide right outside the gate controls. They pop it open and you're right there to smack one down

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

If you want to have a laugh take Insidious and NOED and hide right outside the gate controls. They pop it open and you're right there to smack one down

A few weeks ago I was running doing exactly that, with the addition of:
Game Afoot (If you hit someone that you've chased the most, they become the Obsession)
Rancor (During endgame, your Obsession is exposed and you can Mori them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3rtSBIt4I

During one of those games I committed the above crimes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The first one was funny, the second one was beautiful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lonjon posted:

A few weeks ago I was running doing exactly that, with the addition of:
Game Afoot (If you hit someone that you've chased the most, they become the Obsession)
Rancor (During endgame, your Obsession is exposed and you can Mori them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3rtSBIt4I

During one of those games I committed the above crimes.

Yeah Rancor Roulette is so much fun. Props for the music choice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really wish offerings were pooled. I've got 80 goddam dowsing rods on Xenomorph, it would be nice to let other killers use them. Similarly I've got like 70 cakes on Singularity.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's especially annoying with things like the dowsing rods that you can't use all the time. Right now I'm getting a ton of BPs that I would love to use to level up the characters I don't use a lot, but then they'll be left with a bunch of limited use items that are just going to gather dust.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

rydiafan posted:

It's especially annoying with things like the dowsing rods that you can't use all the time. Right now I'm getting a ton of BPs that I would love to use to level up the characters I don't use a lot, but then they'll be left with a bunch of limited use items that are just going to gather dust.

yeah, offerings, and generic items need to be faction wide.

Can vaguely understand killer specific offerings not carrying, but, offerings? survivor items and addons?

Needs to be done soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I always scoffed at Spies from the Shadows, but I picked up Singularity and it kicks rear end on him. Can't distort crows, I'll find you!