Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

if javalinas aren't related to pigs then what the hell are they?

They're distantly related. Not in the same family but the same suborder. They're at least more closely related to pigs than others in the order Artiodactyla (two toed ungulates).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's like mall security vs actual police.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
That's unfair. I actually think pigs and javelinas are in the right when destroying property and harassing people.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

SpacePig posted:

That's unfair. I actually think pigs and javelinas are in the right when destroying property and harassing people.

Just like the capybaras invading private housing communities :allears:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Here is the javelina’s side of the story.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

thx for this, love it

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Maybe if they made the game smaller it would use less water and they wouldn't need to drive around in those stupid cars.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mauser posted:

Maybe if they made the game smaller it would use less water and they wouldn't need to drive around in those stupid cars.

What like a peccary

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Mauser posted:

You could call it "small golf" or "tiny golf". No, that doesn’t sound right, give me a moment, it’s on the tip of my tongue…

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mauser posted:

But the stupid cars are the best part! Honestly, just cede the course to nature and gimme one of the golf carts, and we can call it good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zopotantor posted:

You could call it "small golf" or "tiny golf". No, that doesn’t sound right, give me a moment, it’s on the tip of my tongue…

Just the putting part of it. Putting over and over again. First you putt, putt again. There's something here...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
maybe just slather asphalt everywhere and golf on that. if you are so intent on shaving nature off the earth and killing everything that lived there, then you can at least do it without dumping millions of gallons of water down the drain, too

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

good, gently caress ball golf courses

Atticus_1354 posted:

They built an oasis in the desert and they wonder why the native wildlife isn't respecting their property lines.

SpacePig posted:

Sorry for empty quoting, but all three of these are true and need to be amplified.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Hygiene posted:

But the stupid cars are the best part! Honestly, just cede the course to nature and gimme one of the golf carts, and we can call it good.

derp posted:

maybe just slather asphalt everywhere and golf on that.

That's entirely possible, here's a documentary about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXkN3nJyWEA

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Iceberg schad:
https://i.imgur.com/D0Z2l6h.mp4

Tattoo self schad:
https://i.imgur.com/wDA9CBf.mp4

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I cut the 38 second video down to the important part.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is the truth. Any time I've gone golfing the best part was ripping around the course half drunk in a golf cart.

But I've only ever been to public courses that charge like 20 bucks including cart rental. You're never notice if a bunch of javelinas tore those spots up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BlackIronHeart posted:

So is that like $5 off your next tattoo or what

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/gtuObfk.mp4

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Azhais posted:

So is that like $5 off your next tattoo or what
I feel like it's more like "we'll pay you not to show people we did this" but, apparently not lol

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

I always hated the neighborhood yardsale growing up

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I didn't realize Action Park was back!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Salami Surgeon posted:

I used to watch his videos during lockdown when I was working from home. They were really calming at the time. A guy alone with his thoughts and wide open spaces, a stark contrast to the world at the time. Just a weird dude living his best life.

"Crime pays but Botany doesnt" fills this niche from time to time for me. Even if it is birdwatching by watching someone else birdwatch as mentioned previously in thread.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/ORI3IrH.mp4

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You mean to tell me that hat didn't protect her?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

One again I see my decision to eschew all physical activity is justified

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And her decision to eschew all safety gear was not

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BlackIronHeart posted:

No, the important part is the hilarious giggle fest.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CainFortea posted:

No, the important part is the hilarious giggle fest.

And the tattoo artist dying of embarrassment :v:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And the tattoo artist dying of embarrassment :v:

The camera lady was all "It wasn't your fault" which makes me think that they didn't proof read the tattoo

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Is it really proofreading if it's only two words?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mauser posted:

Is it really proofreading if it's only two words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVzeKZ2X-A&t=317s

relevant par starts at 5:17 if the time stamp doesn't work

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CainFortea posted:

The camera lady was all "It wasn't your fault" which makes me think that they didn't proof read the tattoo

"It wasn't your fault, everthing's fine!"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There was a TV commercial I kept seeing a few years ago where a guy got mad his tattoo said "NO REGERTS" but that's actually a pretty cool and funny tattoo

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVzeKZ2X-A&t=317s

relevant par starts at 5:17 if the time stamp doesn't work

Having worked at a signwriting company, the people there definitely do not notice the mistakes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GotLag posted:

Having worked at a signwriting company, the people there definitely do not notice the mistakes

I believe it, I just like the bit.

I left the t out of "part" and that was absolutely not on purpose and only noticed when you quoted me

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kessler Syndrome LARP

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, isn't it standard procedure with tattoos nowadays to first at least sketch it on the surface of the skin with regular ink or a stencil before actually getting started on the actual tattooing? In that case, that's kinda on the recipient there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Your brain just skips over mistakes a lot of the time. I once got a run of CDs done and six of us (three band members, two management team, and the printing company designer) independently checked the liner notes and tagged it as good for print - when the box of physicals turned up there was a massive glaring typo in the first sentence of the text that we'd all ignored. :shrug: