Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
K Hong Lu, that's who I was forgetting! Guy just would not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rupture desperately needs its own version of Rime Shank to be good outside of EGO Gift shenanigans, IMHO.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, it turns out that according to sources, in the original story, Roland's sword Durandal was used by Hector, prince of Troy. Hector had a son, Astyanax/Scamandrius, who was killed by Odysseus.

So that's gonna be fun when Outis's chapter comes along.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Outis was the Pianist confirmed. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Walpurgis stuffs.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I find it extremely amusing that Regret Faust has basically 3 passive skills in one and that her 3rd Skill needs space equal to 2 "normal" skills on the Unit Card to even describe all of its effects. :v:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I really like the Mental Corruption passive, if only it would be as absolutely busted as Chained Wrath :allears:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3729602312221272157

Update stuffs. Of note is the big UI redesign. Also:

:lobcorp:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Project Moon Megathread: Face the EGO, Crash the Game

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
That's not ideal.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Strongest Meursalt isn't quite there, but I think this gets pretty close.
Pop off Regret for the passive, Chains-of-Others for the bind, Regret again turn 3, and watch Meursalt go brrrr.
Moreso If Meursalt has a second/third attack that turn to benefit from the removed bind/attack down.
Still a strong E.G.O. otherwise, and being Wrath fair shot it'll slot nicely into Liu builds too.

Kinda eh for Hong Lu. Looks neat, but would need to see the final stats. :goleft:
Faust is Faust. Don't know if the coins are positive or negative, but suspect negative. Tremor focused variant of Grippy Sinclair maybe?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Hey TeeQueue, a good while back, before the game's release IIRC, you said you were probably not going to end up LPing Limbus Company due to its nature as a gacha game and the inherent difficulties of doing a fresh playthrough of a long-term investment game like that.

Has getting your hands on the game changed your opinion on the subject? This isn't a "will you do a Limbus LP" thing, even though that's the question I'm asking (I fully expect the answer to still be "no" because maintaining multiple accounts sounds like a huge pain in the rear end), this is more me being curious as to how much the game matched the expectations you had before release.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hey TeeQueue, a good while back, before the game's release IIRC, you said you were probably not going to end up LPing Limbus Company due to its nature as a gacha game and the inherent difficulties of doing a fresh playthrough of a long-term investment game like that.

Has getting your hands on the game changed your opinion on the subject? This isn't a "will you do a Limbus LP" thing, even though that's the question I'm asking (I fully expect the answer to still be "no" because maintaining multiple accounts sounds like a huge pain in the rear end), this is more me being curious as to how much the game matched the expectations you had before release.

The fuckening gave me a fair bit of time to consider exactly this and I sort of settled on the following overall feeling on the subject:

1: only a fool would try LPing a live service game.

2: if the game ever hits EOS then it’s no longer a live service game and thus we’re into “archiving content” territory so all bets are off I guessssss…

It’s been more generous a gacha game than I expected, but that really applies most of all to day 1 players, starting from scratch would be lowkey hellish for a while unless I farmed for multiple hours or dropped money on the game.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Arcanuse posted:

Kinda eh for Hong Lu. Looks neat, but would need to see the final stats. :goleft:

Iunno, looks like he'd have tons of synergy with Yi Sang and Ryoshu's Spiderbud EGOs. Question is whether it can topple Kuro Hong Lu for his wackiest 00 ID.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Walpurgis stuffs.

Yinlock posted:

i'm hoping Regret will be a metallic ringing para monster but i'm guessing it's gonna be some tremor bonk thing that kinda sucks.

turns out it's kind of both? not para but debuffs anyway. It feels like it's a tremor ID with an entirely different ID bolted onto it because they need people to actually roll on this. anyway it's all gonna come down to her numbers because tremor still blows even with a tiny damage effect on burst. the passive's 2nd and 3rd effects are nothing but the 1st and support could be great if the numbers shake out, negative effects are everywhere on any team.

Hong Lu depends entirely on how those numbers shake out(being able to clash would be nice) and the EGO just seems bad outside of chains of others synergy e: the "leftmost skill" likely is just Meursault's but has some really funny possibilities if it's not. rip space and quick suppression somehow become even more terrifying

e: notably Faust doesn't lower Tremor Count when she bursts it

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 23, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
she does on the last hit of her S3, at the very end

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

she does on the last hit of her S3, at the very end

oh nevermind then

still the first two hits not doing that is something i guess

e2: another downside: that ID does not contribute to Fluid Sac at all so she needs a team that can do so

well her counter does but lol counter

e3 sorry there's a lot to unpack here: skill 2's aoe intrigues me the most because of that [Heads Hit] tremor count gain, if that works like [On Hit] it could power her up very quickly with multiple targets

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 23, 2023

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

TeeQueue posted:

The fuckening gave me a fair bit of time to consider exactly this and I sort of settled on the following overall feeling on the subject:

1: only a fool would try LPing a live service game.

2: if the game ever hits EOS then it’s no longer a live service game and thus we’re into “archiving content” territory so all bets are off I guessssss…

It’s been more generous a gacha game than I expected, but that really applies most of all to day 1 players, starting from scratch would be lowkey hellish for a while unless I farmed for multiple hours or dropped money on the game.

I feel you. I was thinking of streaming it for a couple of friends, whom I had previously streamed LobCorp and Ruina for, but gave up on the idea for the reasons you mentioned (plus one of those friends is staunchly anti-gacha, somehow didn't realize that Limbus would be gacha until it came out, and was very mad that he got excited for it).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dieci association fixers use keys. It really is the Kotomine Kirei association.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I... Does that mean we'll get Keyblade in the City? Were they banned? Is it just the Fairy Singularity in a physical form? Will we have speech about DARKNESS and LIGHT and THE NATURE OF KINGDOM HEART all over again? Please make the nightmare stop...

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I... Does that mean we'll get Keyblade in the City? Were they banned? Is it just the Fairy Singularity in a physical form? Will we have speech about DARKNESS and LIGHT and THE NATURE OF KINGDOM HEART all over again? Please make the nightmare stop...

Hey, hey! The first three games and Birth by Sleep were okay to good. I enjoyed playing them.

...except for the Little Mermaid level in 2. There is no excuse for that.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Rejoice, Sinclair. Your wish will finally come true.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

6th job advancement and Bon Voyage start on almost the same day.

Both are sure to take multiple hours to get through the base content.

I can only hope the PM update drops long enough before the maple maintenance that I have time to do both.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Verant posted:

Rejoice, Sinclair. Your wish will finally come true.

He gets to be the master of unlocking?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

6th job advancement and Bon Voyage start on almost the same day.

Both are sure to take multiple hours to get through the base content.

I can only hope the PM update drops long enough before the maple maintenance that I have time to do both.

bon voyage to going outside

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Finally finished up the RR with a respectable 133, i've been picking at this drat railroad since it came out since a couple bosses really sucked out my will to live, but I really wanted those pull tickets in the hopes that tremor faust is good and I can focus on the best part of this game, grinding up gimmick mirror dungeon teams.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well that's some interesting news on the tech side of things. Faust admits that yes, there's a random element to the Identities being 'created'.

And also, that there's a 'timeline' of sorts. Normally, there's a range of 3 years into the past or future for an ID to be pulled from, but during the Walpurgis Night, they can grab things from up to 10 years in the past or future.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Regret is insane, it seems. Bound Wrath is excellent on anything multi-coin, and at Uptie 4 it destroys any consequences for using Chains of Others so long as you have the resources.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
A server mutual has been making some excellent Project Moon fan art, and I gotta share it (there are additional pictures in the link):

https://bsky.app/profile/liliox.bsky.social/post/3kclt3m4cpe2c

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Numbus26 posted:

Regret is insane, it seems. Bound Wrath is excellent on anything multi-coin, and at Uptie 4 it destroys any consequences for using Chains of Others so long as you have the resources.

I assume this is about Meursault's EGO Regret, and not the Faust ID. I'll admit I'm tempted to keep going for it if it's that strong...

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dialogue felt a bit off in today's cutscene. hm.
Don't think we'll see a Red Mist Quixote any time soon, but maybe a Don(g) Hwan Quixote I.D., one day?
anyways, seems the U.I. changed up again? Don't know if I like it better or not. :shrug:
oh, and regret (EGO) is absolutely busted.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The Faust ID feels extremely strong -- her AoE conversions are pretty easy to get online, AoE plus coin drop is fantastic, and she's doing a lot of damage without a particularly Tremor-based lineup.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had 120 rolls saved and got...

5 copies of W Don :confused:

I did get Faust though. Weird that she has a negative sanity passive but not even one negative sanity skill, or a special panic or something.

Numbus26 posted:

That does mean running Meursault, though...

Countzer
May 27, 2022
I rolled 50 times with what lunacy I had. I got Hook Lu, the three EGOs I didn't have (including the new Regret EGO) and no sign of Faust. I am getting mixed feelings.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
The banner doesn't actually increase the odds of getting the EGO, right? It only matters if you manage to not get it after 200 rolls (which I don't have) and trigger the pity mechanic, right?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

That is correct. The odds of hitting EGO is always 1.3% if there are any in the pool, all it does is if you HIT that 1.3%, you have a 50% chance of your EGO being Regret. By the same token, any 000s you roll have a 50% chance of being Regret Faust and 00s are a 50% of being Hook Lu.

Anyways I got Regret Faust early on (~50 pulls) and pulled the EGO on exactly the 20th 10x.

So I have 200 isang and nothing to do with it, because my luck always goes for the funny option.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"Walpurgis Night is here." "No it isn't? As you can see when you look outside, it's still day?"

I love Meursault. :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Faust trolling Heathcliff to get him to take back what he said was great.

Also, do Vergil and Faust know that Kali became Gebura and is still in the Library?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I see why it's called Regret.

As in, I regret previously spending 60 pulls on the Rodion target extraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Junpei posted:

Also, do Vergil and Faust know that Kali became Gebura and is still in the Library?

In all likelihood? Faust might know, but certainly isn’t going to share. Anyone else knowing is extremely unlikely aside from a select few people, most to all of whom were books until recently.

The only people guaranteed to know are the Head agents. Iori/TPT probably knows too. The Fourth Pack may or may not have seen her but even if they put it together (good chance) they also might think she’s just dead dead now.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 26, 2023