Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/RepMikeJohnson/status/1717239282795000280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Rep. My Johnson

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

While working at Alliance Defending Freedom, he wrote a prominent amicus brief opposing the eventual U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Lawrence v. Texas (2003), which overturned state laws that criminalized consensual same-sex relationships.[10] In 2004 he defended Louisiana Amendment 1, which defined marriage as between one man and one woman within the Louisiana Constitution, against legal challenges.

Johnson is a professor at Liberty University and teaches classes at the Helms School of Government.

Johnson came to some prominence in the late 1990s when he and his wife appeared on television to promote new laws in Louisiana allowing covenant marriages, under which divorce is much more difficult to obtain than in no-fault divorce.

liberty university lol

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

lmao what the gently caress is this

"A covenant marriage agreement may not be dissolved, rescinded, or otherwise terminated by the mutual consent of the spouses," reads the relevant portion of Louisiana state law.

Louisiana became the first state to pass a law to create covenant marriages in 1997, and Arizona and Arkansas later followed suit. It remains a relatively rare arrangement, with only 2% of Louisiana couples opting into it.

"My wife and I both come from traditional Christian households," Johnson told ABC in 2005. "My own parents are divorced. As anyone who goes through that knows, that was a traumatic thing for our whole family. I'm a big proponent of marriage and fidelity and all the things that go with it, and I've seen firsthand the devastation [divorce] can cause."

Johnson's wife, Kelly, told ABC that the arrangement "shows me that he wants it to be forever."

"I think that it would be a pretty big red flag if you asked your mate or your fiancé, 'Let's do a covenant marriage,' and they said they don't really want to do that," said Kelly Johnson.

so this is pretty stupid because the full faith and credit clause of the constitution obligates louisiana to recognize the divorce judgments of other states

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I think the world is ready for a Sacred Band style football team.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

shackleford posted:

lmao what the gently caress is this

this is pretty stupid

well that's politics sorted, we can all go home now!

edit:

Freemason Rush Week has issued a correction as of 09:10 on Oct 26, 2023

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1716217326130131319

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Representative Mike Rotch

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

WOOPS

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I am better than your kids.

NEW UPDATES EVERY WEEK!

If you work in an office with lots of people, chances are that you work with a person who hangs pictures up that their kids have drawn. The pictures are always of some stupid flower or a tree with wheels. These pictures suck; I could draw pictures much better. In fact, I can spell, do math and run faster than your kids. So being that my skills are obviously superior to those of children, I've taken the liberty to judge art work done by other kids on the internet. I'll be assigning a grade A through F for each piece:

Megan, age 4
First of all, I don't even know what this is. If it's supposed to be a dog, then it's the shittiest dog I've ever seen. F

Kyle, age 8
You spelled America wrong rear end in a top hat. Also, I could have sworn America's colors were red, white and blue. There's no yellow anywhere, traitor.F

Lisa, age 6
Holy poo poo, I almost had a seizure when I saw this one. Three words: too many colors. Also, eggs aren't supposed to have ears, dipshit.F

Cameron, age 4
Terrible. F

Bryce, age 10
This one wouldn't be too bad if the color were kept inside the lines, you picked a new perspective, used non-abrasive colors and asked someone with talent to paint it for you. On one hand I want to give an A for effort but... F

I win. When I go into work next, I'm going to surprise all my co-workers and put up pictures of myself instead of their ugly kids and their inane drawings.

More crappy children's art work:

Crappy art #1 Crappy art #2 More updates!

9,121,519 stupid kids tried stepping to my iNsAne skills and got 0wned.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

was going to ask if this was a maddox from 2004 but the image hosting is still in place

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

those are cute pic sait :)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I am better than your kids.

NEW UPDATES EVERY WEEK!

If you work in an office with lots of people, chances are that you work with a person who hangs pictures up that their kids have drawn. The pictures are always of some stupid flower or a tree with wheels. These pictures suck; I could draw pictures much better. In fact, I can spell, do math and run faster than your kids. So being that my skills are obviously superior to those of children, I've taken the liberty to judge art work done by other kids on the internet. I'll be assigning a grade A through F for each piece:

Megan, age 4
First of all, I don't even know what this is. If it's supposed to be a dog, then it's the shittiest dog I've ever seen. F

Kyle, age 8
You spelled America wrong rear end in a top hat. Also, I could have sworn America's colors were red, white and blue. There's no yellow anywhere, traitor.F

Lisa, age 6
Holy poo poo, I almost had a seizure when I saw this one. Three words: too many colors. Also, eggs aren't supposed to have ears, dipshit.F

Cameron, age 4
Terrible. F

Bryce, age 10
This one wouldn't be too bad if the color were kept inside the lines, you picked a new perspective, used non-abrasive colors and asked someone with talent to paint it for you. On one hand I want to give an A for effort but... F

I win. When I go into work next, I'm going to surprise all my co-workers and put up pictures of myself instead of their ugly kids and their inane drawings.

More crappy children's art work:

9,121,519 stupid kids tried stepping to my iNsAne skills and got 0wned.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
boy this Maddox guy sure is angry huh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

boy this Maddox guy sure is angry huh

malding?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Thanks for highlighting front page content AIT :)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

shackleford posted:

so this is pretty stupid because the full faith and credit clause of the constitution obligates louisiana to recognize the divorce judgments of other states

The same is true of gay marriage and we still had to have a supreme court case over it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Baked beans are amazing. However, they don’t belong on pizza.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Lowtax rotting in the ground and Maddox still thriving. Maddoxheads just keep on winning.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

We should eat more dessert beans like they do in Asia.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

real dearth of moinmoin options around here

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Maddox is how I got into Something Awful, I will never forgive him

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Lowtax rotting in the ground and Maddox still thriving. Maddoxheads just keep on winning.

Eric Bauman laughs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

More crappy children's art work

NEW UPDATES EVERY WEEK!

The premise: I can draw better, spell better, and run faster than your kids. So being that my skills are obviously superior to those of children, I've taken the liberty to judge art work done by other kids on the internet. I'll be assigning a grade A through F for each piece:

Jon, age 8
Ding Ding! Here comes the poo poo-mobile. I've never seen a fire truck that needed to be shaved. I would rather be burned to death than be saved by this hairy piece of poo poo. F

Rachel, age 7
That's interesting, everyone in this picture is white. Even the rainbow is white. Perhaps in an ideal world, everyone would be white isn't that right, Rachel? Or should I call you RACIST? Nice try, Hitler. F

Jason, age 6
This one would receive an "A" if the assignment was to throw as much random poo poo onto a paper as poorly as you can. I've pissed patterns on snow that look more coherent than this. F

Seth, age 4
Vrrrroooooooooooommmmmm! F

Kelly, age 9
This was a Christmas gift from Kelly to her parents. Good job Kelly, now pack up your poo poo and find a foster home. If my kids tried to pass this off as a gift, they'd come home from school and find all their poo poo outside in a box. What a lousy gift, seriously. You give them video games and toys, and they give you some half-assed drawing with a crooked tree. I wonder how much a gift like this would set someone back. Five, maybe ten minutes to find a napkin and some markers? F

I can't believe how much I rule. More crappy children's art work:

8,511,154 stupid kids tried stepping to my elite skills and got their poo poo ruined.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
UwU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

malding computer toucher. no wonder ait can empathize with him so much.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
This guy is sick of the internet's poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArmedZombie posted:

malding computer toucher. no wonder ait can empathize with him so much.

😂

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mad again huh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArmedZombie posted:

mad again huh

😂

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
The man has a gunt.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ArmedZombie posted:

mad again huh

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm glad Maddox was just dumb and obnoxious instead of the modern incel crap, otherwise I would have been way more justifiably embarrassed about my teens

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

this inspired me to go look at his website, his last article is not even an attempt at humor, but instead a summary of a clash he had with a vice reporter, fun stuff!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So jinx totally got killed by the cia and replaced right? There's supposedly been a new jinx/crack connoisseur for a while but he's noticeably different in style/content and a thousand percent less good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
WHo?