Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

fizzy posted:

留在你的哈穆德身边,他会建立我的西索,鹰派

gode nyheter: döden också, är verklig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Morte a Israele, all'America e alle Nazioni Unite. Anche permaban Brown Moses!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AAcSvJAl0

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgr9lO3Amu8

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
It's disgusting that these Hamas fighters who've lived their entire lives in an open air prison would shoot up innocents at a music festival staged just outside the walls of their cage. Are they animals?

~ glances to next page of the newspaper ~

American machine guns everyone in his own town because he hasn't had a date in a while and was watching too much right wing news. We must understand the very real motivations and the sad life of this killer!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

big talk from a country that can't stop its own bases from being shelled :rubby:

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 11:09 on Oct 26, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All these talks of US invading/attacking Iran just don't make any sense to me.

Iran can shut down the oil traffic of Persian Gulf, the Houthis can poo poo down the tanker traffic in the gulf of Aden. The gas price can shoot up to 6 bux 7 bux a gal. Senile Biden is not that stupid.

I can see the US bomb some Hezbollah and Houthis targets, maybe even a few Iran drone factories, but not escalate past the point of actual war

Also US attacking Iran is not going to lessen the boiling pressure in the Gaza war. The rest of the world including China and Russia will call US out on it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

mcclay posted:

my favorite Egypt meme is that you can tell the Egyptian government did something that pissed off either its own people or the international community somewhat when it releases news about a new archeology find.

lol. New Pharaoh about to drop

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
This probably isn't the thread for it. I'm going back to bed!

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 11:24 on Oct 26, 2023

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Al-Saqr posted:

erdogan is saying that pope frances called israels actions a genocide and is ashamed of the wests stance

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1717465663462146172?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Catholicism stays winning

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
normal statement by normal people

‎“How do you sympathize with the Palestinians, these human animals?” A former Israeli ambassador to the United Nations criticizes the world’s concern over the Israeli massacres taking place in ⁧‫#غزة‬⁩
‎⁧‫#حرب_غزة‬⁩

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1717483709455024437?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

what's up with Germany?

Germany thread explains posted:

Unsere Reue heißt Treue

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_SkPDc1OA

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dokapon Findom posted:

lol. New Pharaoh about to drop

didn't they release a remake this year? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351080

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blarghalt posted:

come lose a war, my lord

lmao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Watching Israelis acting in this way that is so obliviously cruel and moronic is truly breathtaking

The USA was a very bad parent to Israel and let it grow up in a consequence-free environment and now its got a personality disorder

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i would like to hear some feedback on how we’re handling moderation. we aren’t really coordinating efforts, but i think our strategy so far can be described as using a mix of sixers and curt warnings to shape discourse. my impression is the thread is in a reasonably good place now, given the circumstances. burger posting being more or less contained, no one going on psychotic or tedious rants, posting gore, etc. that’s more or less the goal. if that impression is not correct, please post or send a pm.

additionally, to be clear, though you are welcome to voice disapproval with these goals, we will not be letting up on any of that. however, if there are better ways we can go about it, if our methods are disruptive, if we should probe or warn relatively less or more, communicate more clearly, or need to intensify burger incineration, please post or send a pm.

going forward, and i want to stress here this isn’t something i think is currently happening, but simply a matter of communicating my current thoughts, my main concern is the thread veering into chat and digging up content for the sake of having something to post about as events lock in to whatever trajectory they will take. i don’t know if that will happen, but I think it is the tendency with world event threads that I’m most mindful of and would most like to avoid. once again, feedback on this or other future concerns would be welcomed.

for my money, it’s been difficult to follow this thread so closely, but I’m happy to see all the book posting and discussion of history and context about Palestine, especially from our posters who are from or have roots in the middle east, and particularly the posting and translation of news from regional sources. I’ve learned a lot that I’m very grateful for, and which has substantially helped me sway the people I know, whatever good that may do. thank you.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

hadji murad posted:

and how did the number of hostages increase?

they released some. It's basic math, you take the number of hostages, add the change(in this case -2), and because you added the new number is higher

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

moderation seems fine to me outside of brown moses not being perma'd

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Moderation so far has been quite good. No complaints here.

Edit: Except this:

quiggy posted:

outside of Brown Moses not being perma'd

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zodium posted:

i would like to hear some feedback on how we’re handling moderation. we aren’t really coordinating efforts, but i think our strategy so far can be described as using a mix of sixers and curt warnings to shape discourse. my impression is the thread is in a reasonably good place now, given the circumstances. burger posting being more or less contained, no one going on psychotic or tedious rants, posting gore, etc. that’s more or less the goal. if that impression is not correct, please post or send a pm.

additionally, to be clear, though you are welcome to voice disapproval with these goals, we will not be letting up on any of that. however, if there are better ways we can go about it, if our methods are disruptive, if we should probe or warn relatively less or more, communicate more clearly, or need to intensify burger incineration, please post or send a pm.

going forward, and i want to stress here this isn’t something i think is currently happening, but simply a matter of communicating my current thoughts, my main concern is the thread veering into chat and digging up content for the sake of having something to post about as events lock in to whatever trajectory they will take. i don’t know if that will happen, but I think it is the tendency with world event threads that I’m most mindful of and would most like to avoid. once again, feedback on this or other future concerns would be welcomed.

for my money, it’s been difficult to follow this thread so closely, but I’m happy to see all the book posting and discussion of history and context about Palestine, especially from our posters who are from or have roots in the middle east, and particularly the posting and translation of news from regional sources. I’ve learned a lot that I’m very grateful for, and which has substantially helped me sway the people I know, whatever good that may do. thank you.

i dont think the thread should be dead serious. we are in the subforum for telling jokes about the politics of the day. but i do think that contentless megathread style spam should be destroyed. i believe youre going to have to make basic judgment calls about whether jokes are total aids.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

this right here is why you dont nitpick and heehaw against people who are on your side on an issue even if you know hes an empty head piece of poo poo, sometimes a grifter is a reallt powerful weapon to have and love him or hate him Jackson is doing incredible work even though its for self-centered reasons

think of it as having your own rush limbaugh. you hate the man but cant argue against the numbers.
the problem is that victory in a war isn't about fame or social media attention. and frankly this stuff makes me paranoid. there was some reporting in recent months that twitter was considering sending their users' personal identification and biometrics to a company affiliated with some israeli military intelligence and cyberwarfare unit. but keep smashing that like button.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

posting again for morning crew

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dont think the thread should be dead serious. we are in the subforum for telling jokes about the politics of the day. but i do think that contentless megathread style spam should be destroyed. i believe youre going to have to make basic judgment calls about whether jokes are total aids.

jokes are allowed and will always be allowed, unless i don’t think they’re funny or are made at my expense

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zodium posted:

jokes are allowed and will always be allowed, unless i don’t think they’re funny or are made at my expense

and such is your right as the king

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Moderation seems good to me.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zodium posted:

I think the moderation's as good as it can be and I mean that as a compliment.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
moderations fine, burger posting mostly in check

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://x.com/Goku/status/1717365168131514747?s=20

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Berger posting

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if anything the burger posting ban made me more mindful about where and what I post, so cheers to that

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Zodium posted:

you guys are doing fantastic so far, no complaints, I give you a Death to Israel out of Death to Israel.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
OBJECTION! Two of those are clearly chicken sandwiches!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

you guys are doing fantastic so far, no complaints, I give you a Death to Israel out of Death to Israel.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hasn't hezbollah intervened ages ago already?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

OBJECTION! Two of those are clearly chicken sandwiches!

false, far right is fish

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/amanbatheja/status/1717299904047960254?s=20

lol

quote:

The U.S. military has scrambled to add more intelligence analysts to cover Israeli and Palestinian issues since Hamas launched its gruesome killing spree in southern Israel on Oct. 7, according to two people familiar with the changes.

Analysts at U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) headquarters near Tampa, Fla., who had been following Al Qaeda, Islamic State, and other militant groups were reassigned to also start tracking developments and information related to the emerging war between Israel and Hamas, said the people, who were granted anonymity because they were not authorized publicly to discuss the matter.

The shift in resources was needed because leaders at CENTCOM, which oversees the U.S. war machine in the Middle East and Central Asia, had reduced the number of billets for civilian intelligence analysts tasked with keeping track of the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict over the previous three years, said a person familiar with the changes. Those analysts that remained on the issue had focused their analysis less on Gaza and more on the West Bank and understanding internal Israeli politics, the person said.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
figured I’d add the key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

hasn't hezbollah intervened ages ago already?

If Hezbollah actually intervened there would be no more Ben Gurion Airport, No more Knesset, and every industral plant and government building israel has that is above ground will be wiped out, what hizbullah is doing right now is putting a knife to israels throat, and daring them to get into gaza, in the mean time they are positioning and setting up the stage by knocking out outposts and guard towers and radars.

this is why america is making GBS threads its pants and sending two carrier groups and is rushing their forces to the region.