Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Not loading for me. Was it more demonic pumpkins exploding #sports! ?

That was good #sports!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

woke mind virus got to the Boston Celtics

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so did the sports bot get triggered by the city name or what?

like there's anicent posts with a shooting at the 3rd batman movie and the city triggering some make-up brand and the name "aurora"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Time_pants posted:

It's... beautiful.

Its really good to finally see what the The Thing sequel where Wilfred Brimley carries the creature to society looks like.

^^^^^^ I think I remember it happening last year. The teams have the scores from their latest game and a highlight shot set up as a signature.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 26, 2023

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Hazo posted:

In fact, Elon should start his own country.

With his own infrastructure system. And laws. And sovereignty. And all his fans can live there with him.

Preferably on Devon Island, or somewhere else in the Arctic archipelago and far away from normal people.

He's been building that corpo-planned community in Texas. If he lives long enough to slap a few hab modules down on Mars he's 100 percent creating Muskopolis. The population will be mostly Elon test tube babies and everyone will commute on foot through half-finished subway tunnels. It'll be like lovely sci-fi Deadwood meets that incest hut beyond the wall from Game of Thrones.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

have a code
bsky-social-d2mdl-pdfa*
replace * with

sporklift fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 26, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He'd just post something cringe like "Buying Twitter cost me an arm and a leg!!!!!"

Somehow, too witty for him to come up with. He'd make a post blaming trans activist bankers and their Woke Mind Virus.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
There was another mass shooting here in the US (where the hell else), and....

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1717387535234502945

Can't wait for all the inevitable tweets from Musk about this being a psy-op.

Edit: Ugh, also realized that we're gonna have yet another day of verified users throwing out and passing around misinfo as fast as they can, and at best they're going to go unmoderated, and at worst they're gonna get boosted by Musk himself.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 26, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat can't believe another of Paul Pelosi's gay lovers would also do crimes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
did he really say topic title because I could believe it and it would make me laugh, though not for the reasons he likes

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Milo and POTUS posted:

did he really say topic title because I could believe it and it would make me laugh, though not for the reasons he likes

Nah it was some loser reply guy who said it

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

sporklift posted:

have a code
bsky-social-d2mdl-pdfa*
replace * with 3

Claimed

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

From this antipodean simple

https://twitter.com/Tillsbury1/status/1715784336371577009

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well the last line is true at least

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well the last line is true at least

Sure, but if the "image" of a vehicle has fewer polygons than Starfox 64's Landmaster, I'm not sure there's much of an image going on there.

If you discount the tires, it might actually have fewer polygons than the SNES Starfox's Arwing too...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Starfox game also left more customers satisfied than this embarrassing pile of polygons ever will.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tesseraction posted:

The Starfox game also left more customers satisfied than this embarrassing pile of polygons ever will.

Star Fox Zero satisfied more customers than this will

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

did somebody say #calls📞?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

There was another mass shooting here in the US (where the hell else), and....

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1717387535234502945

Can't wait for all the inevitable tweets from Musk about this being a psy-op.

Edit: Ugh, also realized that we're gonna have yet another day of verified users throwing out and passing around misinfo as fast as they can, and at best they're going to go unmoderated, and at worst they're gonna get boosted by Musk himself.

'Trans mass shooters', what?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

yook posted:

The language in that article makes me think they were planning to re-sell the debt to someone else before things went to poo poo, but they kept it too long or things went to poo poo too fast and now they’re stuck holding the bag.

Subprime mortgage Elon-backed securities!
Well DeutschBank exists.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That Tennessee mass shooter was apparently trans, combined with the one in Illinois where the shooter attempted to evade police capture by escaping in a dress and wig, and the Colorado Springs shooter who shot up the queer nightclub pretended to be non-binary despite being openly anti-LGBT and his house having rainbow flags wrapped around target practice boards (I'm not a gun person what are those circular things you practise on?).

These three events and probably more have led to the right claiming all mass shooters are trans people unless proven otherwise.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

Just purely out of curiosity, Is their new audio/video call system likely to put them afoul of any telecommunication laws?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
@premium

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tesseraction posted:

These three events and probably more have led to the right claiming all mass shooters are trans people unless proven otherwise.

Not quite.

Virtually all mass shooters these days are inspired by right wing rhetoric and that pattern was starting to be called out.

The right wing response, predictably, has been to blame trans people.

It's just redirection and blame shifting.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to pay for @premium to make phone calls from my phone

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not quite.

Virtually all mass shooters these days are inspired by right wing rhetoric and that pattern was starting to be called out.

The right wing response, predictably, has been to blame trans people.

It's just redirection and blame shifting.

Oh absolutely, I guess that it's more one specific subset always jump on "the shooter was trans" and that's usually the ones who rotted their brain on 4chan in the Q era. I was figuring this guy might be one of those.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
First #sports now #calls?? What are they gonna think of next?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

#banking 🏦💵💳🏧

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yacc is the only unironic user of hashtags still on twitter that (maybe) isnt a bot

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yes! I will pay a monthly subscription fee for your app to do something my phone can already do.

Oh wait, all my friends left Twitter because you ran it into the ground, so I’d have nobody to talk to. Nevermind.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

there's been like 1 mass shooter who was non-binary recently out of like the hundreds of white straight men. i'm not gonna read right wing nonsense but i assume it's over that.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hemale in pain posted:

there's been like 1 mass shooter who was non-binary recently out of like the hundreds of white straight men. i'm not gonna read right wing nonsense but i assume it's over that.

It's because the dipshit chud cops in Nashville originally came out and said there was "a manifesto" by the shooter and the next day they walked it back and said one didn't exist, so of course the narrative became "the Biden justice department is hiding LGBT terrorist manifesto and wants to shoot up churches!!!"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

holtemon posted:

First #sports now #calls?? What are they gonna think of next?
#MissedConnections and #PersonalAds of course.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
#liveauctions and #propertysales

I hope they go full local newspaper

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

Hell yeah I def want to pay for a feature a ton of other companies have offered for free for years

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hippocrass posted:

alex jones and tucker have been scaring people with this idea for like a year as part of their distraction techniques for whenever theres a school shooting plus the trans panic stuff

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

kazil posted:

This is the stupidest poo poo. I already have too many ways to make calls, no-one needs yet another video calling platform.

Especially not one run by an unreliable idiot who randomly unplugs servers whenever he sees fit

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

ben shapino posted:

The other Twitter owners should yank Elon's arms and legs off

As I recall the Saudis did pitch in a bunch of money...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the "replies" tab on twitter no longer shows all your replies, just some of them. shits falling apart. I think this one is a bug not a feature, but nobody can be sure anymore.