Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How do you youngsters even find this site?

I turn 27 and cut my baby teeth reading Let's Play in the summers of my middle school youth in like 2010

Spaced God has issued a correction as of 14:41 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Please remove your exact date of birth ty.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Also I appreciate the info I just don't want you getting doxxed.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
The Mossad will kidnap and torture me for this, right? (you have to watch it with sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/L5mKDpe.mp4

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Please remove your exact date of birth ty.

Lmao that dude with the off-site spreadsheet already has my full dox probably

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hatebag posted:

yeah, iraq also came out of the iran-iraq war with a gigantic semi-modern army. the us didn't just lie to him about whether we would allow an invasion of kuwait, either, they pretty much tricked him into doing it to extend his armies to make the invasion of iraq easier. seems like the whole goal was destroying the iraqi army before it could fully modernize and preventing iraq from producing oil.

Yeah, I remember someone saying at the time that we were knocking off the 5th biggest army in the world so that armies #6, 7 & 8 didn't get any funny ideas.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

Saddam should have known better than to trust American devils

the iran-iraq war had so many shifting alliances i don't know how anyone involved would put faith in any other party to it. but i guess he won that being allied with the us so ya gotta do what ya gotta do

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Spaced God posted:

something sensitive going strong still?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Spaced God posted:

There exists such a dude?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

The Mossad will kidnap and torture me for this, right? (you have to watch it with sound on)

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sancho Banana posted:

lol I saw people posting that they're "horrified" that missing posters of the Israeli hostages in some British university are being torn down as if anyone in London is about to stumble into them any moment now and they're not just creepy propaganda.

Ryan Grim had this dumb argument yesterday about how tearing down the posters is the propaganda, because now people can be filmed taking them down, and then the video of them doing that becomes propaganda

but like... if you don't tear them down, then they're just left up!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ryan Grim had this dumb argument yesterday about how tearing down the posters is the propaganda, because now people can be filmed taking them down, and then the video of them doing that becomes propaganda

I would simply not be filmed doing it

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I will never stop laughing at the something sensitive guys in 2013 (14?) who tried to start to rumor that i'm secretly a trans man in Chicago pretending to be a Serb online, only for it to bounce right off my username.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

just burn the whole building down that they're attached to. nobody will know why you did it; it's the perfect crime

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

just put a different flyer/poster over them and really tape and staple it on.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Hammerstein posted:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There is no actual proof that "antisemitism" is increasing other than the fact that some apartheid loving Zionists had to see a Palestinian flag or listen to someone say from the river to the sea, right?

To me it feels like there's more antisemitism around today than 10-15 years ago and almost none of it has anything to do with Israel.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

lol I saw people posting that they're "horrified" that missing posters of the Israeli hostages in some British university are being torn down as if anyone in London is about to stumble into them any moment now and they're not just creepy propaganda.

lol how can israel try to propagandize on sympathy for hostages they plan to intentionally kill?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

John Charity Spring posted:

if brown moses posts in this thread then I promised to submit a permaban request

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't see the point in tearing down posters that are photos of hostages.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I don't see the point of having them uo to begin with.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

well, they're propaganda put out by an evil nazi country designed to manipulate people into supporting genocide

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

The posters reinforce the idea that Israel's actions are because of, and are justified by, the hostage taking, and not because they want to exterminate Palestinians

More practically, the posters serve no purpose EXCEPT as propaganda, because there is no chance that they are useful in London. It's not like the hostages are going to turn up there. It's just taking up space for posters of something else, including real missing persons

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Sancho Banana posted:

There exists such a dude?

Someone in SAD about two weeks ago posted about how they used to be in a bunch of off-site discords where they would post syqs from cspam and has a bunch of spreadsheets and they were apparently too into it even for the off-sites so I'd say there exist many a dudes

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

They almost had to unsticky the mental health thread here bc apparently people were hate reading it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i guess it depends on how you feel about nazis and genocide

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

mcmagic posted:

if you're talking about the ones that are up everywhere here in london they aren't just photos of hostages they have stuff about how hamas has murdered and raped 3,000 people

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mcmagic posted:

removing fascist propaganda is a good thing

(check for razors under the poster if you engage in this)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The hostages aren't in Britain. Nobody in Britain can do anything material to help them. The posters are Zionist propaganda.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

It's the kind of desperate loser poo poo they put up in Australia about the Chinese? Just get a car-scraper and a spray bottle.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Spaced God posted:

Someone in SAD about two weeks ago posted about how they used to be in a bunch of off-site discords where they would post syqs from cspam and has a bunch of spreadsheets and they were apparently too into it even for the off-sites so I'd say there exist many a dudes

why are the anti-cspam types always the sickest deranged freaks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Funny that in Britain pulling down hostage posters is antizionist, but in Israel intimidating hostage family members is pro zionist.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hatebag posted:

well, they're propaganda put out by an evil nazi country designed to manipulate people into supporting genocide

Yeah they are propaganda but videos of people taking them down is also propaganda. I feel like normies are very wrapped up in the hostages and I don't think those videos are helpful.

Judgy Fucker posted:

The hostages aren't in Britain. Nobody in Britain can do anything material to help them. The posters are Zionist propaganda.

They arent' in the US or my facebook wall either lol

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Spaced God posted:

That stuff is constant. Over the years, people have been inviting me to a bunch of offsite rumor mills for reasons I often genuinely didn't understand, and it's mostly the same sort of stuff, with only the hosts changing. Hell, I've once been invited to a GBS offsite because someone mixed me up with the poster myDad.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mcmagic posted:

and I don't think

Start

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you should counter protest with missing palestinian posters. then come back in a week and see which are still up.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

They arent' in the US or my facebook wall either lol

Right, so are you agreeing with me or...?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Spaced God posted:

thats just the CIA

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

why are the anti-cspam types always the sickest deranged freaks

they're people who look at israel, ukraine, US domestic politics, the environment, etc. and like what they see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Spaced God posted:

That guy voted this thread a 2 lol