Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Volte posted:

Alan Wake 2 is an actual Epic published game. It's never hitting Steam, ever.

I'll just get a disc version for console then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'll play it using crime for an hour then realize I can't just skip the gun shooting parts like in Control and uninstall

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

It was good when all Ubisoft games were quarantined to their own launcher

It was very bold of Ubisoft to assume their characters had enough appeal to make a crossover Netflix show.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of Ubi, skull and bones has been delayed again, from early in fiscal 2024 to early in calendar 2024 (fiscal 2024 starts in 2023)

They also delayed Star Wars Outlaws (now April at the earliest)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Thinking about the DLC in RE2R and how in Kendo's scenario the music does this sick dynamic thing when you enter the parking garage and it presents you with a big explosive thing to shoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1sdg4NpXkU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I'll wait until someone puts up an LP bc I'm too chicken to actually play a horror game

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

Speaking of Ubi, skull and bones has been delayed again, from early in fiscal 2024 to early in calendar 2024 (fiscal 2024 starts in 2023)

They also delayed Star Wars Outlaws (now April at the earliest)

how close is skull and bones to a full duke nukem forever?

e: skull and bones was originally intended as a DLC for assassin's creed: black flag

7 mainline assassin's creed games have released since then

Zokari fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 26, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Gaius Marius posted:

I picked up a game called Ozymandias, no idea what it's referencing with the title,

That's the guy from Watchmen obv.

Zokari posted:

I know this is difficult to believe but you're underestimating DNF.
DNF, 14 years
Skull and Bones is now aiming for 11.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zokari posted:

It was reportedly started in 2013 and publicly revealed in 2017, so we're very near its 10th anniversary. a few more years to go to catch up with the Duke

funnily enough, it's not even the ubisoft game with the longest development time (that's beyond good and evil 2, which has not officially been canceled even though it's very obviously dead and stripped for parts by now)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't the smoke on the street that the Star Wars Outlaws game has been the salvage op for BGE2

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

It was very bold of Ubisoft to assume their characters had enough appeal to make a crossover Netflix show.

Apparently people like it but everything I've seen or heard about the ubisoft cameos sounds like family guy "what if [children's IP character] was a hosed up pervert and got shot and died" material

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wait wait what is this netflix show?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rayman Says The gently caress Word 2: Emergence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

wait wait what is this netflix show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGRqxRzc4M

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rayman shouldn’t talk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hatty posted:

Rayman shouldn’t talk

he should talk but it should sound like "Onyowizabbit. Jubwoosta! Jeebowaday!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

They think they have enough of an identity to pull "A Ubisoft Original" on their titles

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I respect Ubisoft for pushing against the Anglo-American dominance of games, but holy poo poo are they bad at making games and services. Everytime they strike big they gently caress it up

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I shouldn't even say Anglo when was the last time anybody's played an English video game

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

They think they have enough of an identity to pull "A Ubisoft Original" on their titles

Something to watch while having some jumbo shrimp.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember when some French news site reported on Michel Ancel being a lovely boss and he posted a fake interview with Jade Beyondgoodandevil where she talked about how innocent he was and then he left rhe company

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Im just surprised they started with this and not a Rabbids movie that spends way too much time mocking the Minions.

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember when some French news site reported on Michel Ancel being a lovely boss and he posted a fake interview with Jade Beyondgoodandevil where she talked about how innocent he was and then he left rhe company

Does that make Angel the pig man? Because that tracks

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is there a lords of the fallen thread? I wanted to see what people were saying before sinking 60 bucks but I can't find one in search

I thought it was very good for a Souls-like. The world and Umbral mechanics are fantastic, the level design possibly eclipses FROM, I greatly prefer the parry system to how FROM does it, there's a lot of really cool weapons, spells and armor and it doesn't fall apart at the end like a lot of Souls titles do or throw a bunch of overtuned enemies at you. It also just does a lot of neat things that I liked.

It does have some noticeable pain points though. All weapons in a category share the same moveset and are only differentiated by stats, there's only one weapon that I could see that had a special effect which is a big step down from Elden Ring. I had a LOT of crashes during a particular boss fight that summoned a lot of ground effects as well as quite a lot of crashs in general (but it loads up fast so not too big a deal). The way you need Radiance/Inferno/Both stats to read lore on items is a pretty terrible decision that arbitrarily fucks Str/Dex builds. You unlock special classes by beating each ending but they're thematically linked to that ending so there's not really a reason to ever use them. Also, two of the endings lack a satisfying final boss.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DalaranJ posted:

That's the guy from Watchmen obv.

you

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah i have been playing through as a high Inferno and Radiance spellcaster so i've just stuck with the same two inferno-scaling axes i got at the start of the game and i've never run into those issues. i've only had the game crash a couple of times in the 40 hours ive played and it runs well.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gaius Marius posted:

I shouldn't even say Anglo when was the last time anybody's played an English video game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

i played Sea of Thieves last night

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1717638237336789458?t=C1Ju1W9pmQ_7QQFjOyLQJg&s=19

RE Engine is so good already, but hell yeah

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rexident Evil

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

yeah i have been playing through as a high Inferno and Radiance spellcaster so i've just stuck with the same two inferno-scaling axes i got at the start of the game and i've never run into those issues. i've only had the game crash a couple of times in the 40 hours ive played and it runs well.

I went through most of the game as a Dex dual-wield but wanted to switch things up and be able to read lore so I switched to Radiance and grabbed the lightsaber and a shield for the last third of the game. I like that sword and board swings fast enough that it's almost comparable to dual-wielding, its been ages since I've used a shield in these kind of games. The lightsaber is super good too with how ridiculously long it is.

I'm thinking of running through again as Umbral build but it doesn't seem as easy to speed through like you can Souls games so I'll probably come back to do that at some point.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I LOVE that you always have a dedicated ranged option. It's a fantastic idea that solves problems with lacking ranged options in some souls games and soulslikes.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 26, 2023

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
REX engine?

Dino Crisis remake????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No it's not Resident Evil Engine, it's REach for the moon Engine

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

skeletronics posted:

Fine, I'll play Control. If I like that enough, I'll play Alan Wake 1. If I like that enough, I'll watch a let's play of AW 2.

Take

Control

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know how Cities Skyline II runs like poo poo?

Part of that is because the people on the street don't use LoD

https://colossalorder.fi/?p=2049

Because they're made with generative AI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it? that just looks like procedural generation to me. reading about popul8 maybe they use a neural network somewhere idk but it doesn't seem much different from speedtree

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dewgy posted:

REX engine?

Dino Crisis remake????

Oh gently caress yeah

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nephthys posted:

I went through most of the game as a Dex dual-wield but wanted to switch things up and be able to read lore so I switched to Radiance and grabbed the lightsaber and a shield for the last third of the game. I like that sword and board swings fast enough that it's almost comparable to dual-wielding, its been ages since I've used a shield in these kind of games. The lightsaber is super good too with how ridiculously long it is.

I'm thinking of running through again as Umbral build but it doesn't seem as easy to speed through like you can Souls games so I'll probably come back to do that at some point.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I LOVE that you always have a dedicated ranged option. It's a fantastic idea that solves problems with lacking ranged options in some souls games and soulslikes.

there's SO many ranged options. for those who haven't played, your ammunition items basically function more like spells do, you have an ammo bar and you can equip different kinds of ammo (poison arrows, radiant arrows etc) and they use up your ammo bar like a mana bar. you don't have to buy or collect arrows, you can consume ammo pouches to refill and it refills when you rest. there's also lots of different throwables like grenades, paper talismans, javelins, hand axes, a weird ghost-bug (?)

if i play through again as a non-spellcaster i definitely want to try throwing as much poo poo as i can

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the real story it turns out is just, 2023's continued trend of people refusing to optimize, like everyone simultaneously forgot that computers arent magic
https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/1717641500891238536

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

REX engine?

Dino Crisis remake????

My immediate thoughts as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lazy devs..... lazy devs everywhere..... sick of the bull poo poo