Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
The kid might have had a school exposure this week, and I want to test both her and the germ vector kid (the other kid feels fine but a family member has a cold, and they all flew back from a week at Universal Florida on Sunday). But, my God, the Cue exams are expensive. I mean, understand that it's cheaper than Walgreens and that our health is worth $55 bucks, I get that, but Jesus gently caress how do people just have $550 available, on hand, to drop all at once on an order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH), Biobot, and WastewaterSCAN (WWS).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because these groups use different methods, and especially because Biobot data may be multiple sites combined within a county, the concentration of virus copies per mL of water is not comparable between two different locations.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by approximate geographical region then alphabetized by county. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and Service Area for city names and regions if known.

All data presented are smoothed to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there is not enough data or it is out of date.

Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
County:		WADoH:	NWSS:	Date:	Trend:	Service Area:
Island		COUP	n/a	Oct-20	DOWN	Coupeville
Island		OH	2105	Oct-16	UP	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	1399	Oct-18	DOWN	Port Townsend
Mason		n/a	n/a	Oct-11	n/a	Rustlewood, Shelton?
Skagit		n/a	2424	Oct-19	UP	Anacortes?
Skagit		n/a	2445	Oct-19	DOWN	Mount Vernon?
Whatcom		LYN	2124	Oct-19	DOWN	Lynden
Snohomish

pre:
Snohomish
Snohomish	ARL	2414	Oct-19	DOWN	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	2444	Oct-18	STEADY	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	679	Oct-18	DOWN	Stanwood
Snohomish	n/a	256	Oct-23	n/a	Snohomish
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	676	Oct-18	STEADY	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	2419	Oct-18	UP	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	2420	Oct-18	UP	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	APP	661	Oct-19	UP	Lynnwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	2438	Oct-18	DOWN	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	351	Oct-19	UP	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Clark		VWS	2439	Oct-11	n/a	Vancouver Westside
Lewis		n/a	n/a	Oct-11	n/a	Chehalis?
Pierce		CC	1397	Oct-20	STEADY	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	1143	Oct-19	STEADY	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	1757	Oct-18	DOWN	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
Benton		WRCH	755	Oct-17	STEADY	West Richland
Chelan		WEN	1076	Oct-19	UP	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	1398	Oct-18	DOWN	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	2104	Oct-19	DOWN	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	n/a	Oct-19	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	1635	Oct-19	DOWN	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	753	Oct-20	STEADY	Pasco
Spokane		RP	759	Oct-18	STEADY	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	760	Oct-16	DOWN	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	1620	Oct-19	UP	Walla Walla
Whitman		PLM	1512	Oct-20	UP	Pullman

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

It's a shame you don't feel medically safe to drive with your current sickness level so I guess if they want a PCR they'll have to pay for someone to come swab you at home.

Minor success story; earlier this year they began to accept digital proof of positive at-home tests. So no need to futz about the occupational health department. Also got my Pax today. Really liked the simplicity and speed of Push Health. I described my symptoms exactly on their form and in about 15 minutes they had e-Fax'd the script to my pharmacy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

targets the same enzyme as Paxlovid does (3CLpro), without the need for ritonavir to increase concentration of the agent in the bloodstream. Cool.

well how am i supposed to get super-high on antivirals now :colbert:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://www.oregonlive.com/education/2023/10/oregons-abysmal-chronic-attendance-problem-grew-even-worst-last-year-state-reveals.html

So Oregon seems to be the only state with worsening absenteeism, other states improved. It’s all worse than pre-pandemic :thunk:

Surprise, they blame it on remote learning during the pandemic and not you know kids being really sic for some mysterious reason.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

i tried to join the 3% this morning but the hospital where I work is out of covid vaccines and doesn't plan to get any more.

I did get my 100% mandatory get-it-by-halloween-or-get-loving-fired flu shot, though!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

hailthefish posted:

i tried to join the 3% this morning but the hospital where I work is out of covid vaccines and doesn't plan to get any more.

I did get my 100% mandatory get-it-by-halloween-or-get-loving-fired flu shot, though!

Same thing at the hospital system I used to work at even though I wasn't clinical. I wonder if anyone's wondered about that discrepency

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Same thing at the hospital system I used to work at even though I wasn't clinical. I wonder if anyone's wondered about that discrepency

Wonder seems to be largely frowned upon these days, so probably not.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Hungry Squirrel posted:

The kid might have had a school exposure this week, and I want to test both her and the germ vector kid (the other kid feels fine but a family member has a cold, and they all flew back from a week at Universal Florida on Sunday). But, my God, the Cue exams are expensive. I mean, understand that it's cheaper than Walgreens and that our health is worth $55 bucks, I get that, but Jesus gently caress how do people just have $550 available, on hand, to drop all at once on an order?

The 'new hotness' is Metrix: https://www.aptitudemedical.com/product-for-home-use-presale

I've been happy with the process for the couple I've used so far, though it's hard to know what the accuracy actually is like, until we hear first hand from someone catching a case early or asymptomatic or something with one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
novavax has been advertising like hell on TikTok for the past month. I dunno if any of them are effective

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7284300366173261058

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Steve Yun posted:

novavax has been advertising like hell on TikTok for the past month. I dunno if any of them are effective

Is there a way to undo a shot, because after watching that I want to.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Zantie posted:

Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH), Biobot, and WastewaterSCAN (WWS).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because these groups use different methods, and especially because Biobot data may be multiple sites combined within a county, the concentration of virus copies per mL of water is not comparable between two different locations.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by approximate geographical region then alphabetized by county. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and Service Area for city names and regions if known.

All data presented are smoothed to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there is not enough data or it is out of date.

Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
Island		COUP	n/a	Oct-20	DOWN	Coupeville
Island		OH	2105	Oct-16	UP	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	1399	Oct-18	DOWN	Port Townsend
Mason		n/a	n/a	Oct-11	n/a	Rustlewood, Shelton?
Skagit		n/a	2424	Oct-19	UP	Anacortes?
Skagit		n/a	2445	Oct-19	DOWN	Mount Vernon?
Whatcom		LYN	2124	Oct-19	DOWN	Lynden
Snohomish

pre:
Snohomish
Snohomish	ARL	2414	Oct-19	DOWN	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	2444	Oct-18	STEADY	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	679	Oct-18	DOWN	Stanwood
Snohomish	n/a	256	Oct-23	n/a	Snohomish
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	676	Oct-18	STEADY	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	2419	Oct-18	UP	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	2420	Oct-18	UP	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	APP	661	Oct-19	UP	Lynnwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	2438	Oct-18	DOWN	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	351	Oct-19	UP	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Clark		VWS	2439	Oct-11	n/a	Vancouver Westside
Lewis		n/a	n/a	Oct-11	n/a	Chehalis?
Pierce		CC	1397	Oct-20	STEADY	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	1143	Oct-19	STEADY	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	1757	Oct-18	DOWN	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
Benton		WRCH	755	Oct-17	STEADY	West Richland
Chelan		WEN	1076	Oct-19	UP	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	1398	Oct-18	DOWN	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	2104	Oct-19	DOWN	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	n/a	Oct-19	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	1635	Oct-19	DOWN	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	753	Oct-20	STEADY	Pasco
Spokane		RP	759	Oct-18	STEADY	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	760	Oct-16	DOWN	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	1620	Oct-19	UP	Walla Walla
Whitman		PLM	1512	Oct-20	UP	Pullman

those north king county numbers really match with what im seeing - like 3 weeks ago.

the waste water lag vs personal experience is always fascinating.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

hailthefish posted:

Oh all hospitals are the same cool lmao.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
It's just the flu bro. Flu shots are mandatory.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

silicone thrills posted:

those north king county numbers really match with what im seeing - like 3 weeks ago.

the waste water lag vs personal experience is always fascinating.

Ideally wastewater could be a leading indicator, though with the most recent data from King being ~ a week old means it's not as great as it could be.

[Edit2] BWT is also coming off a peak in Sep. but was a fast drop and got smoothed out in the chart. Found the data from September during that transition between Biobot and Verily, it wasn't getting calculated in my graph because I had the cutoff at late September (whoops!) Adding it in now.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Oct 26, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol my wife broached the subject of how to safeguard this year's family thanksgiving (a landmark event given it will be the first since the matriarch passed at 96 in august and she's always hosted now for forty years) via testing and masking with a cousin

and cousin said out loud "yeah that's no problem... wait a minute, if we test and I'm positive, I won't be able to come? no gently caress that, absolutely not."

lmfao people are so goddamn stupid

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Oct 26, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
said cousin also suggested to my wife that she find me a therapist because of how irrational my fears are.

given my wife shares 98% of those fears and trusts me because we have a good relationship this went over Really Well haha

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Gunshow Poophole posted:

given my wife shares 98% of those fears and trusts me because we have a good relationship this went over Really Well haha

Wow, wonder what that's like.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Posted this already I think but my wife's stepmom called us to tell us that A> her dad was in bed for a week sick with Covid, and B> ask "how long are you going to hide from this anyway, it's just a cold "

Some incredible brains out there

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I was told to not bother coming for the holidays if I'm "just going to scare everyone again"

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Look, not wanting to be disabled by the diseased breath of family members who accuse you of being mentally ill for not wanting to be disabled by their diseased breath is mental illness. It's in the DSM.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Look, not wanting to be disabled by the diseased breath of family members who accuse you of being mentally ill for not wanting to be disabled by their diseased breath is mental illness. It's in the DSM.

The Doom Scrolling Manual

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
"I've had it three/four/five times now and I'm fine. what's the problem?"

an entire nation of solipsists

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
The dead aren't posting, so they just "don't see it."

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
"Seems unbiased, we should probably take his word for it with no pushback." - CNN editorial staff, seemingly

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/26/business/remote-work-covid-efficiency/index.html posted:

Billionaire CEO: People ‘didn’t work as hard’ when they were remote during Covid

Private-equity billionaire Stephen Schwarzman doesn’t think office workers worked hard enough during Covid-19.

Schwarzman, the Blackstone CEO whose fortune is estimated at $32 billion, told a crowd of investors at a ritzy Saudi Arabia conference known as “Davos in the Desert” that people who worked remotely during the pandemic “didn’t work as hard – regardless of what they told you.”
(..)
Schwarzman addressed remote work on Tuesday in the context of the impact on the commercial real estate market, where Blackstone has significant exposure as a major real estate investor.
(..)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nothus posted:

I was told to not bother coming for the holidays if I'm "just going to scare everyone again"
My wife and I are discussing off and on attending the ~20 person christmas gathering this year for the first time since the pandemic again

my parents were a little combative last year but ultimately were understanding, and we had a good time visiting them after they tested with a couple luciras we left them.

i suspect this is the year things get a little more rowdy. in my head, i imagine people being understanding of me and my wife not attending, which emotionally makes it a hard decision, to not see these people that love me. however, if someone just came out and said something like this, that'd make it very easy.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
holidays are just days where you have to do way more work than a regular day, gently caress that

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Will never understand how getting together with family and potentially making someone/everyone sick and/or disabled and/or hospitalized and/or hosed for life or DEAD and just generally adding to increased cases, hospitalizations, lines at the hospital, no med staff, suffering, starting new chains of infection etc etc is better than... not doing that ?

But if you can't physically sit across from your mother and sister in law (!) and eat pumpkin pie, what's the point of living anyway I guess. So you get a blood clot, big deal, dinner was delicious tho

Also yeah let's hang out with people who call us insane and ridicule us for wanting to protect ourselves and them. Sounds amazing lol :goose:

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
no we can’t eat outside even though the weather is perfect

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

shazbot posted:

no we can’t eat outside even though the weather is perfect

this would solve it but Tradition Demands etc blah blah

in my case, last time they tried this MY family (two elderly parents and one sister) was in town and another of my wife's dipshit cousins was actively symptomatic. and if it hadn't been for a very last-minute chance encounter would have sat down to eat with us that evening.

that cousin then got on a plane to vacation in Costa Rica the next day. Wife brought this up yesterday and hoo boy. Just lmao. We haven't even reconciled that whole thing

in spite of all of this, almost all of our family members largely get along and like each other which is a miracle and to me should indeed be celebrated and fostered. Just... not without making sure we don't kill each other.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Even the chuds in my family are happy to test. I make it as easy as possible though. I bring my own tests, I hand them the stick, they hand it back and I do the science.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I think my brother and that whole side of the family was kinda pissed that last year my little group went to the beach instead of poo poo-rear end ohio to eat ham in a snowdrift while everyone else was all warm inside.

But they didn't offer any compromises, heh. I suppose I should invite them to come with us this year? This just all seems like a topic no one wants to talk about anymore, because the gulf between "we don't want to do X because the data and the studies that keep coming out just keep reinforcing that you don't want to catch this poo poo over and over" and "we just want everything to be normal and good again like it was" is so goddamn wide.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Don't worry they will fix this discrepancy by no longer mandating flu shots.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
got pushed back
back again
got pushed back
life expectancy when

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

got pushed back
back again
got pushed back
life expectancy when

Maybe after the election

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gunshow Poophole posted:

got pushed back
back again
got pushed back
life expectancy when

incredible

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Platystemon posted:

They’re going to be pissed at you for testing.

My work buddy told his doctor "Look, I'm testing negative now, but I still feel like absolute poo poo, I need some more time," and his doctor faked a positive and wrote him an official note that said "I order this man to stay home for X more days" and the boss was so loving mad, lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

got pushed back
back again
got pushed back
life expectancy when

oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

got pushed back
back again
got pushed back
life expectancy when

I'm sure it'll be grim, but it looks like they've only published earlier than December twice in the past 10 years:
2021 mortality: published in December 2022
2020 mortality: published in December 2021
2019 mortality: published in December 2020
2018 mortality: published in January 2020
2017 mortality: published in November 2018
2016 mortality: published in December 2017
2015 mortality: published in December 2016
2014 mortality: published in December 2015
2013 mortality: published in December 2014
2012 mortality: published in October 2013

Phlag has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gunshow Poophole posted:

said cousin also suggested to my wife that she find me a therapist because of how irrational my fears are.

Whenever people hit me with this particular one I just recite the current global probable death toll. Turns them into a sputtering mess.