Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm also surprised they were able to modify the bonuses from Elsa and for Angela. I thought OTA could only modify cost and power, not ability?

they can manipulate any number easily, text is different. So they could make chavez now pulled on Turn 5 but they can’t make her a conditional draw in an OTA (just for an illustrative example)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

doublepost

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 26, 2023

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes my assumption is that they would wait another week or two

Loki at 4 cost seems like it’s going to kill the card

I think Loki at 4 cost is not a massive deal and the boost to Collector is nice too. Don't see this killing it.

My curve for Loki is generally Turn 1: Agent 13, Maria Hill, or Quinjet / Turn 2: Collector, Sentinel, Maria Hill's draw, or combo of Turn 1 / Turn 3: Agent Coulson, or combo of Turn 1 and 2 play / Turn 4: Loki or commit to Dino

Will have to play it out some more, but I think it's still viable.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
drat, they did Kitty dirty.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I bought Loki specifically to meme with Agatha, so now he's worthless. It'll be a while before I buy another card.

Also, has any card changed as much as Collector? Just stop.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

No Wave posted:

You have to ask what the proper inclusion rate for her design is supposed to be. She's run in 40% of decks but she's far from the best card in any of those decks she just very lightly helps enable combos in an exceptionally broad variety of archetypes.

Actually I'm pretty sure you have to ask what'll make Second Dinner the most money, and if there are multiple options for that pick the one that makes Ben Brode go "cool!" the loudest.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah, dipping into that sort of cynicism is never healthy, especially since it stonewalls discussion

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Sean posted:

After they nerf Loki after the purchase window ends they'll buff Collector for "having gone too far."

Quackles posted:

• Loki costs 1 more
• The Collector reverted back to 2/2 (from 2/0) now that Loki has had cold water poured over him

lol called it

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I don't pull it out much anymore anyway, but huge RIP to my dumb C3 deck featuring all ongoings and Spectrum. I guess in theory it can still work if I slot Wong in...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

flatluigi posted:

nah, dipping into that sort of cynicism is never healthy, especially since it stonewalls discussion

If you can look at this game's monetization and feel anything other than immense cynicism I'm deeply envious of your inherent faith in humanity.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

No Wave posted:

How does this warp deckbuilding?

It increases the consistency of some combinations, and decks that rely on drawing a single card before turn 6. It reduces the likelihood that decks will run other tools that might encourage more counterplay but have lower point ceilings (utility cards like Cosmo, for example). Consistency is probably the most powerful effect in card games like this, and Chavez being the vanilla 6/9 statline means she doesn't have much of a cost to inclusion to obtain that consistency boost.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cabbit posted:

If you can look at this game's monetization and feel anything other than immense cynicism I'm deeply envious of your inherent faith in humanity.

retweet

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cabbit posted:

i'm just asking you to not firehose away the discussion people were having with 'lol they just want your money, shut the gently caress up and don't think any harder'

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Chavez at 6/7 or 6/8 could be fine I guess but I don't see anything wrong with giving combo decks tools to increase consistency. That's how it goes with Jane Foster, Jubilee, Zabu, etc etc. That kind of deck deserves support just like every other archetype. And having a base card like Chavez gives players more room to experiment and I think that's great.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Uatu might actually go into C2 now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Feels like Loki decks can just play Zabu and not lose anything (I think some of them already were)

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 26, 2023

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Firebert posted:

Feels like Loki decks can just play Zabu and not lose anything (I think a lot of them already were)

Turn 2 Zabu into turn 3 Loki is pretty bad. You won't have many cards in hand and you can't have Collector on board. I can see it working on turn 6 if you want to play Loki and Shang-Chi together to buff Collector.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Angela change is nothing special. She loses 1 power overall, but now she'll feel better to just tempo out on turn 4 instead of feeling like a dead draw.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I don't pull it out much anymore anyway, but huge RIP to my dumb C3 deck featuring all ongoings and Spectrum. I guess in theory it can still work if I slot Wong in...

I had the same dumb deck. It actually worked pretty well, so I'm sad it's gone. Maybe it could still work as a turn 7 deck with Iron Man and Mystique as alternate win conditions. I might tinker with it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ooh Zombie Squirrels.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I always liked Spectrum in Thanos Ongoing, happy for a little extra buff.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Thanks for the replies!

Cabbit posted:

Yea, this. What a shame, I did enjoy the gameplay, but there's no point in continuing if it's going to cost upwards of $160/year.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They buffed many F2P cards and nerfed many P2P cards in this patch. Say whatever you want about the monetization, but there isn't some secret conspiracy to drive people to spend more money through balance changes. More varied meta means more fun, more fun means more players, and more players means more revenue.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Please don't say $160 a year and put the spending in perspective like that

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That sauron nerf don't mean poo poo

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Please don't say $160 a year and put the spending in perspective like that

My bad.
Is the season pass quarterly? I had calculated it by multiplying the season pass by 12 but maybe it should have been by 4.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GolfHole posted:

My bad.
Is the season pass quarterly? I had calculated it by multiplying the season pass by 12 but maybe it should have been by 4.

No, it's every month. That's about accurate.

Roughly the price of two Switch games a year.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GolfHole posted:

Thanks for the replies!

Yea, this. What a shame, I did enjoy the gameplay, but there's no point in continuing if it's going to cost upwards of $160/year.

You don't have to pay. Hell, I think New Leaf is f2p and has most of the cards that have been released. Honestly, paying in the beginning was the worst thing I did.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sign up for Google Rewards if you haven't already. I do one or two surveys a day that take less than a minute and those are enough to pay for every second season pass

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Think I'm going to try this out. It probably won't work great, but gently caress it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd drop cerebro there, the rest of the deck fucks it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The point is to have Spectrum as an alternate win condition if I can't Cerebro. If it doesn't work, I'll just take her out and put Wave back in.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Opopanax posted:

Sign up for Google Rewards if you haven't already. I do one or two surveys a day that take less than a minute and those are enough to pay for every second season pass

I did but they don't send me any surveys for days at a time. I guess I'm not valuable consumer information

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm also surprised they were able to modify the bonuses from Elsa and for Angela. I thought OTA could only modify cost and power, not ability?

This came up in the discord when the one ota half-leaked and they can change seemingly any number but not words - Forge going from +2 to +3 and then back down again were OTA updates.

Why yes, I’m still salty they chickened out on making Elektra kill 2-drops, why do you ask?

dangerburrd fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 26, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Fartington Butts posted:

That sauron nerf don't mean poo poo

Yeah, but people will see a nerf and the playrate will drop. People went away from Shuri in droves after her first nerf but turns out oops, she was still driving S Tier decks afterwards.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Spectrum buff makes me want to test out this list, might try to sneak Mr. Fantastic in here to push the lockdown angle but don't know who I would cut. Maybe Nico is just here because she's shiny and new.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I literally just pulled Red Skull today and finished Shuri Sauron, even with the multiple dings it's received I've been hosing most of my opponents

Armor > Sauron > Shuri > Skull > Tasky + Ebony Maw is hilarious even if it's super telegraphed

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’ve been completely F2P. Haven’t spent a single dime. The game is still fun, even if it’s occasionally frustrating. Y’all bitch too much.

In other news, pulled Nico with my first cache. Debating if I want to try for Phoenix Force or just save my other two. :yeah:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Phoenix requires a deck built around it for a payoff that isn't always enough

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m always annoyed when I get beat by Phoenix, but yeah, I get the feeling that I’d never get the right draw and would get bored by the deck quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I started playing in December I think, bought one season pass and have not felt the need to put any more money into the game since. The return on investment just doesn't seem remotely worth it in terms of having any more fun with the game. Since they stopped with series drops there's definitely a worse scent of money grubbery around the game but I still get new cards to mess around with at a sufficient clip to keep me from losing interest thus far.