Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

hostage rescue operations require a very specific type of moviebrains in the politicians who order them be used

the last time anyone tried using spec ops to do any of that poo poo was in Chechnya. it did not go so good

iirc JSOC killed some aid workers in Syria and Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC hostage rescue operations objectively have a way worse survival rate for hostages than just, negotiating

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

"Rescue op" means dropping a big bomb on where you think the hostages are

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

All men must die, but death can vary in its significance. The ancient Chinese writer Szuma Chien said, "Though death befalls all men alike, it may be weightier than Mount Tai or lighter than a feather." To die for the people is weightier than Mount Tai, but to work for the fascists and die for the exploiters and oppressors is lighter than a feather.
https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/works/red-book/ch17.htm

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

IIRC hostage rescue operations objectively have a way worse survival rate for hostages than just, negotiating

i always think about the russian op at the theatre in moscow where basically everyone died after getting gassed and it wasn't clear (at the time, anyway) if the russian ops hosed up or if they just knew it was going to happen anwyay

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

hostage rescue operations require a very specific type of moviebrains in the politicians who order them be used

the last time anyone tried using spec ops to do any of that poo poo was in Chechnya. it did not go so good

to be entirely fair, russia seems to see hostages as bonus points

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

lmao considering the history of that party, getting raided by police is a real 'I never thought the leopards would eat my face' moment

they're a Trotskyist microsect descended from the group of supporters who followed Kan'ichi Kuroda out of the Revolutionary Communist League in 1959, when he was expelled for spying on other communists and selling information about them to the police, defending his paid informant work on the grounds of anti-Stalinism. they were the pro-snitch faction of the Japanese Trotskyist movement.

still, good for them, they're doing more than the Japanese Communist Party is, and I hope they keep it up

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

In what way is Israel so load bearing for The Same Map to warrant this?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionists are trying to push the perimeter fence further into Gaza on the east end and immediately getting blasted

https://twitter.com/IbnRiad/status/1717657007304442334

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Honky Mao posted:

"Rescue op" means dropping a big bomb on where you think the hostages are

exactly

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Turn on sound

https://i.imgur.com/A39pOJk.mp4

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
settlers like to talk about how they live like americans and europeans like that's supposed to make me like them more, but all i see is terrible manicures and prefab suburban houses decorated entirely in monochrome and it's way more disturbing actually. like seeing slenderman at the dentist, or watching an old friend suddenly push a nipple and pop open their chest cavity to store a bottle of beer in it or something. creepy. uncanny

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

lol

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

lol

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

i always think about the russian op at the theatre in moscow where basically everyone died after getting gassed and it wasn't clear (at the time, anyway) if the russian ops hosed up or if they just knew it was going to happen anwyay

850 hostages, 150 killed is not bad, all things considered. In South Ossetia they had to use a tank to break into the school, supported by helicopter gunships, 300 hostages killed out of 1100.

I think honestly Russia does not get enough credit for these operations, but this is neither here nor there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Weka posted:

I too love to psychoanalyze millions of people with one line. It's ridiculous to think this. You know those Haredi fighting the cops are just as much settlers as those cops? But to you they are all the same. More hamburger brained thinking.

China is Israel's iirc number 2 trading partner.

Do you actually have an example of the good and righteous group who tried to kick out the existing indigenous people?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Gripweed posted:

McDonald’s outside are America are usually way nicer than American McDonald’s

Canadian McDonald’s rules.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Frosted Flake posted:

What was that really crazy Kirk Douglas movie about Israel? It's almost forgotten now but apparently it was way more intense.

e: Cast a Giant Shadow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIUVbQEaB0E

whew man, kirk douglas. powerful actor (also a pedophile-- raped natalie wood)

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

settlers like to talk about how they live like americans and europeans like that's supposed to make me like them more, but all i see is terrible manicures and prefab suburban houses decorated entirely in monochrome and it's way more disturbing actually. like seeing slenderman at the dentist, or watching an old friend suddenly push a nipple and pop open their chest cavity to store a bottle of beer in it or something. creepy. uncanny

Every time you see any footage from inside a settlement it's always prefab suburbs inhabited entirely by guys who all somehow look like if you asked a neo-nazi to draw an obese jewish person and just beyond like the settlement is some tinseltown facade is all wretched poverty and desert wasteland the Israelis have poisoned.

Blarghalt has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Oct 26, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Death By The Blues posted:

Gaza posted a full breakdown of every single martyr registered in the hospital system.

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1717586383932452987

These numbers do not include the thousands missing presumed dead under the rubble or people who have not been registered through the hospital system. So Genocide Joe and fascists engaging in this denial should go gently caress themselves.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

It seems like forever ago.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

KirbyKhan posted:

garfield rear end country hating july 10 because it was monday

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

My most burgerbrained trait is that I think Fahrenheit is an objectively superior temperature measurement and this method of writing dates is for freaks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Blarghalt posted:

My most burgerbrained trait is that I think Fahrenheit is an objectively superior temperature measurement and this method of writing dates is for freaks

Israel uses it, bearing out your hypothesis.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Blarghalt posted:

a yyyy-mm-dd guy huh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1717325576099508720

I bet the person who does this job thinks they're making the world a better place.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
mm-yy-d-yy-d

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

10-23-thursday-23-thursday

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Al! posted:

10-23-thursday-23-thursday

lol

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mario patiently waits for Toad to give him a lead on Princess Peach while Toad unprompted says a lot of very concerning things about Ethiopians

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

no matter what happens, is there any way neyanyahu makes it out of this as a viable political entity?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
E: off topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

this is the most effective way to get removed off of lists, and I say this as a disaffected berniebro