Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spidey 2 whips rear end so far. I don't know how far I really am into it, (partly because I'm the kind of guy who knocks out a ton of side quests before doing main campaign missions so it probably feels like I'm further in than I really am) but my only complaint so far is that having two Spider-Men (I don't need to spoiler bar that, right, it's on like all the promotional material and the drat box/download screen) means I have to make the choice on who gets the skill points whenever I level up and that eats me up so bad, especially when one of them has a thing that requires 2 points to unlock. Hell it's almost like having three Spideys when Peter gets the symbiote. I suppose my only other complaint is that I feel like I see what's going to happen in the plot, mainly because of the first game. Like, the first game kind of blew my mind when May died at the end because years of comics/ shows/movies have basically never had her die* (or if they did she came back). But this time I'm like "oh, Harry's toast" because I know that Insomniac has the balls to actually kill characters. But oh well, like i said, story problems aside, this game rules.

*yes, yes, I know she died in NWH, but the game did it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

Spidey 2 whips rear end so far. I don't know how far I really am into it, (partly because I'm the kind of guy who knocks out a ton of side quests before doing main campaign missions so it probably feels like I'm further in than I really am) but my only complaint so far is that having two Spider-Men (I don't need to spoiler bar that, right, it's on like all the promotional material and the drat box/download screen) means I have to make the choice on who gets the skill points whenever I level up and that eats me up so bad, especially when one of them has a thing that requires 2 points to unlock. Hell it's almost like having three Spideys when Peter gets the symbiote. I suppose my only other complaint is that I feel like I see what's going to happen in the plot, mainly because of the first game. Like, the first game kind of blew my mind when May died at the end because years of comics/ shows/movies have basically never had her die* (or if they did she came back). But this time I'm like "oh, Harry's toast" because I know that Insomniac has the balls to actually kill characters. But oh well, like i said, story problems aside, this game rules.

*yes, yes, I know she died in NWH, but the game did it first

I hoarded skill points for a long time because I wasn't sure who I wanted to spend them on, but then came to realize I was gaining XP super quick and would likely be max level before the end of the story since I do all the side stuff first, so I just spent them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I only now stepped into the foundation. I'm like level 19 almost 8 hours in filling out the shared skill tree because of how stupid wide combat options are lol. I love it.

Oh man this mission gives tutorials lmao

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 23, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1717249034723664023
Ryan North says he is writing the new Iron Man game.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Read that as Oliver North and got grossed out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

omg chael crash posted:

Read that as Oliver North and got grossed out

I mean, he'd be good for his origin if we started before Tony Stark realized arms dealing was bad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That is awesome!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope it's based off the Darkhold body horror one he did

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I wasn't planning to buy that but now I guess my hands are tied and I am obliged to get a full season pass or whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I'm looking forward to Squirrel Girl as the sidekick that also you play half the game as. And Nancy and Cat Loki

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Gaz-L posted:

There's definitely been some choices made in what they pull from the source material. I'm not sure all of it is good (last third of the game spoilers) I'm not sure essentially turning Venom into Knull is all that interesting. The design is the superficial thing that draws people to Venom but the actual interesting thing about him as a foil for Spidey is the personal connection, the way Venom can mess with Peter in a way most of his villains at that point couldn't. Plus, tbh, the back part of the game just makes me miss Web Of Shadows

I think it works in that it's basically a spoiled and spurned child trying to buddy back up to Peter through Harry by twisting their life goal into something monstrous, that's basically how Todd saw the character and I think it makes a lot of sense for a Venom origin with where the whole Spider-Man story is at in the games. Now that he's been foiled/killed you've got a perfect point for him to get his claws into Eddie Brock and start the vengeful stuff.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, I guess there'll be no surprises in the direction North will be taking the Iron Man storyline!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you have Arkham Knight on PC they just put out a new costume for it, Pattinson's The Batman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar posted:

Well, I guess there'll be no surprises in the direction North will be taking the Iron Man storyline!

After googling

Oh! Well, so much for my assumption that you'll have the option of playing it like an unhinged GTA character as Tony Stark and going around shooting tanks in the Iron Man suit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Having a comic writer doesn't mean they're just there to reproduce their work from the comics. Christos Gage and Dan Slott were writers on the first Spider-Man game and while the game obviously pulled some elements from their time on the book the first game wasn't really an adaptation of that era.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lobok posted:

Having a comic writer doesn't mean they're just there to reproduce their work from the comics. Christos Gage and Dan Slott were writers on the first Spider-Man game and while the game obviously pulled some elements from their time on the book the first game wasn't really an adaptation of that era.

I'm not someone who reads comic books so I have no idea what I should expect. All I saw was Squirrel Girl writer is on the Iron Man game's writing team so I assumed it'll probably be a lighter tone than Jurassic Bark. No idea what an Iron Man story is aside from the first MCU movie and also he's got an alcoholism problem that I doubt will be the plot of the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Looking forward to Tony Drunk Vision when you press R3. Everything is wavy and you stumble but you're stronger

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Medullah posted:

Looking forward to Tony Drunk Vision when you press R3. Everything is wavy and you stumble but you're stronger

And your dodge chance goes up by 30%!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

JordanKai posted:

And your dodge chance goes up by 30%!

It's going to come up that Tony secretly spent time training in Drunken Boxing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope we get a naked boss battle against Mister Sensitive.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RareAcumen posted:

After googling

Oh! Well, so much for my assumption that you'll have the option of playing it like an unhinged GTA character as Tony Stark and going around shooting tanks in the Iron Man suit.

Uh... it was a pun on... his name being... North.

Nevermind.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
from everyone excitement, I'm assuming this is a real game and not a mobile one. What have motive done before?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Soonmot posted:

from everyone excitement, I'm assuming this is a real game and not a mobile one. What have motive done before?

Star Wars Squadrons and the Dead Space remake

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Waffleman_ posted:

Star Wars Squadrons and the Dead Space remake

1st one gives me hope. 2nd I know nothing about

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

From what I saw, it was received pretty well, actually.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm a big fraidy cat so haven't played it, but everything I've heard is that the Dead Space remake is really fantastic.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm a big fraidy cat so haven't played it, but everything I've heard is that the Dead Space remake is really fantastic.

Can confirm, it improves upon the original game in a couple of ways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Space remake is good. The only bad part was they replaced a good character actor with a boring nobody for one of the side roles, but everything else was dope

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Spider-Man 2 thought: There's something really hilarious about watching streamers play this game and get to the section where they find (mid game-ish spoiler) Knull's symbol drawn on Connor's whiteboard. The ones who don't read comic books have no clue about it and just take cues from their chat going "OMG!!! Comic book reference!!! :D" Meanwhile, the ones who actually read the comics immediately recoil in disgust the second they see anything to do with Knull. :laffo:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Spider-Man 2 might be my new favorite super hero game. I’m a huge mark for black suit Spider-Man, and they nailed the whole story in a unique way.

So cool. Going to do another run eventually just for picture taking.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Open Marriage Night posted:

Spider-Man 2 might be my new favorite super hero game. I’m a huge mark for black suit Spider-Man, and they nailed the whole story in a unique way.

It looks so good I'm seriously thinking of buying a PS5 just to play it even though I shouldn't

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's cool how many blatant cues they took from Kraven's Last Hunt and the initial Venom stories, but twisted them up enough to keep them fresh and interesting.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Oh man, the Howard side mission...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1724125055544889829

Setting up my lawn chair

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Oh man, the Howard side mission...

It’s a good ‘un.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait for people to dunk on this again and force another delay

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Codependent Poster posted:

Can't wait for people to dunk on this again and force another delay

I dunno, Zaslav has apparently decided that what they need is more live-service games, so maybe they're just going full-speed ahead, internet be damned.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

$70 million comedy movie that tests extremely well: We gotta write that poo poo off

Game that probably costs hundreds of millions that had to be changed from a live service and is being released during a 2 week period of other huge releases: Full steam ahead

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

catlord posted:

I dunno, Zaslav has apparently decided that what they need is more live-service games, so maybe they're just going full-speed ahead, internet be damned.

I can't imagine Zaslav not doing that once he was told what microtransactions are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Max and all of that entire company is just Spirit HBO. It's just a vomit of the dumbest reality garbage, and they cancelled Joe Pera and Painting With John.

They'll outsource the PC port to Iron Galaxy who'll fart out another "sure it's good enough, ship it" PC version. If they keep all the saas in there, I don't see how it won't fail immediately after Avengers and Gotham Knights.

Give me a Jimmy Olson game where you have to survive whatever disaster is happening until Superman comes to save him, or he becomes a giant turtle and rampages. You're rated on how good the pictures you take in the chaos are.