Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Mister Bates posted:

lmao considering the history of that party, getting raided by police is a real 'I never thought the leopards would eat my face' moment

they're a Trotskyist microsect descended from the group of supporters who followed Kan'ichi Kuroda out of the Revolutionary Communist League in 1959, when he was expelled for spying on other communists and selling information about them to the police, defending his paid informant work on the grounds of anti-Stalinism. they were the pro-snitch faction of the Japanese Trotskyist movement.

still, good for them, they're doing more than the Japanese Communist Party is, and I hope they keep it up

oof

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1717674598391586845

lol israel almost pulled a major whoopsie

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

In Israeli interceptor almost caused a hamas missile to shoot down a passenger plane

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOOK WHAT HAMAS MADE US DO

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Turnquiet posted:

this is the most effective way to get removed off of lists, and I say this as a disaffected berniebro

they probably just look for the string "stop"... sorry....

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1717658119029887295

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1717325576099508720

I bet the person who does this job thinks they're making the world a better place.

like a flawless crystal of liberal thought

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turnquiet posted:

this is the most effective way to get removed off of lists, and I say this as a disaffected berniebro

lol you have stop in the message, genius

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What bravery

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i mean jts genius because they get the message but also you unsubscribed tol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Haven't over half of Congress literally sworn an oath to Israel?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Haven't over half of Congress literally sworn an oath to Israel?

More like 99%.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

iirc JSOC killed some aid workers in Syria and Iraq.

Seal team 6 did a hostage rescue with a frag grenade, blowing up a british aid worker. The british aid worker was working for mi6

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Another historic picture for the history books.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Democrats are grilling every Jewish staffer who wears pants and says folks to find this person

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

flashback to that israeli dude being like "we always know who are targets are 100% of the time without fail" lol

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
The hostage was rescued to a permanent end

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

When I think of a wartime-ready military I think of manicured painted fake nails and McDonald’s. The moment the IDF steps foot into Gaza it will be an absolute meat grinder lmfao.

https://twitter.com/censoredmen/status/1717398669610160549

israel is going to be loving WRECKED

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Blarghalt posted:

Every time you see any footage from inside a settlement it's always prefab suburbs inhabited entirely by guys who all somehow look like if you asked a neo-nazi to draw an obese jewish person and just beyond like the settlement is some tinseltown facade is all wretched poverty and desert wasteland the Israelis have poisoned.

Palestine was a beautiful country once and you can tell from old historical centers, but modern Israel is just well...ugly and not really saying anything political. Most of the buildings are super utilitarian concrete structures and/or poor repair, there are obviously rich enclaves for Europeans/Americans but even Tel Aviv just looks cheap (and I guess street sweeping is illegal). You can just tell it is budget colonialism.

I think a lot of American/European Jews just went there because by being upper middle class from where they came from a now they essentially can be the lords of the universe. A lot of Eastern European immigrants probably silently regret their decision since it is clear they aren't on the top of the pile, at least the ones from Russia/Belarus probably would have done better back home (obviously Ukraine is another story).

You can just see the massive inequality not just between Palestinian and Israel areas but within Israel itself as well.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Karach posted:

The hostage was rescued to a permanent end

Rescued from this mortal coil

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

did idf get boots on the ground yet. been taking a break from dti

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Al! posted:

lol you have stop in the message, genius

Dr Sun Try posted:

they probably just look for the string "stop"... sorry....

:negative: berners stay losing oh well dti regardless.

At least I set my lights up to show solidarity!

...right?

....:smith:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Buddykins posted:

They keep poking the perimeter and getting immediately zapped

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Buddykins posted:

continuing to hold off. netanyahu is taking the opportunity to blame the IDF for being cowards. theoretically it's about waiting for more Americans to arrive

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Buddykins posted:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

continuing to hold off. netanyahu is taking the opportunity to blame the IDF for being cowards. theoretically it's about waiting for more Americans to arrive

As Truman said, the buck stops with the President. Ball's in your court Isaac Herzog.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Dec 23, 2023

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Blarghalt posted:

They keep poking the perimeter and getting immediately zapped

good.

lmao this always gets me

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I get bothered by the continued use of 9/11 as a scale of tragedy. Like, back in 2001 we didn't go around saying that we had a .05% of a holocaust done to us in a morning.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
lmao Hamas may have gotten a member of the special forces who tried another incursion into Gaza

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1717682682384277924

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the idf totally wasnt loving prepared for this lol

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Buddykins posted:

the idf totally wasnt loving prepared for this lol

the IDF's spent the last 50 years being glorified camp guards with an air force to do the actual hard work for them when assaulting a place would be too scary. Not entirely surprised by the rot

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

I get bothered by the continued use of 9/11 as a scale of tragedy. Like, back in 2001 we didn't go around saying that we had a .05% of a holocaust done to us in a morning.

It's because the holocaust was a genuine tragedy while 9/11 was A) deserved by the USA and B) not even that many people vs. the number of people the USA kills globally on the reg. Way more civilians have been killed by Israel in just this conflict alone than those killed in 9/11 and nobody in power gives a poo poo about that because deep down they don't even consider them human lives (same as those who died in the ME wars sparked off by 9/11).

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

covid killed at least one million american citizens and the us government allowed it.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Death By The Blues posted:

lmao Hamas may have gotten a member of the special forces who tried another incursion into Gaza

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1717682682384277924

Big fuckin lol if this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

9/11 was like one day of covid deaths back when they were actually being reported lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)