Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

My work buddy told his doctor "Look, I'm testing negative now, but I still feel like absolute poo poo, I need some more time," and his doctor faked a positive and wrote him an official note that said "I order this man to stay home for X more days" and the boss was so loving mad, lol

Heroes still exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Baddog posted:

instead of poo poo-rear end ohio to eat ham in a snowdrift

Lolll

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Animal-Mother posted:

Whenever people hit me with this particular one I just recite the current global probable death toll. Turns them into a sputtering mess.

What is it at now?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Phlag posted:

I'm sure it'll be grim, but it looks like they've only published earlier than December twice in the past 10 years:

I screenshotted the wrong publication anyway, because what we've been kvetching about is the NVSS's Provisional Life Expectancy Estimates for X Year which have consistently been released in July/August for the trailing year

and that rollup... just is no longer on the calendar

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shiroc posted:

What is it at now?

i've been saying 35 million and have no idea if it's correct, lmfao

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Whenever people hit me with this particular one I just recite the current global probable death toll. Turns them into a sputtering mess.

Those are vax deaths you fool.

Also MSM lies about deaths.

Also,

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

I think back in April the estimate was somewhere around 21 million per the WHO chief. Basically about 7 million reported deaths and the likely expectation was that it was about three times that number in actuality.

Edit: This was part of the very weird announcement that they were ending the global health emergency, because that announcement speech was basically, "We're doing this, but here's several reasons why we shouldn't be doing this." Also noted a 10% overall Long Covid risk per infection.

bobtheconqueror has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Oct 26, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

silicone thrills posted:

those north king county numbers really match with what im seeing - like 3 weeks ago.

the waste water lag vs personal experience is always fascinating.

Ok, new page. I found a couple days I was missing between late and mid September when the methods and labs changed for King counties. I've added those in and tweaked the formula so it wouldn't smooth as much with the new data points. The image for King might not refresh right away if it's cached but it's been updated.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Animal-Mother posted:

i've been saying 35 million and have no idea if it's correct, lmfao

if everyone can believe they're correct about washing their hands you can be correct about covid killing tens of millions of people (because it has)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Wife has it too now, quarantine clock reset, stuck in the swamp until at least Wednesday now. At least it didn't happen the night before the flight.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Animal-Mother posted:

My work buddy told his doctor "Look, I'm testing negative now, but I still feel like absolute poo poo, I need some more time," and his doctor faked a positive and wrote him an official note that said "I order this man to stay home for X more days" and the boss was so loving mad, lol

Man that Doctor deserves a beer.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

"I've had it three/four/five times now and I'm fine. what's the problem?"

an entire nation of solipsists

I know more than one person who says this despite being obviously hosed up after COVID. Like a guy who ended up in the hospital and had Bell's palsy right after getting COVID and had hosed up motor issues for months. He's still open biden because for him, there is no future worth living without eating indoors five nights a week and going to Disneyland, and that means rationalizing that COVID didn't put him in the ER.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I screenshotted the wrong publication anyway, because what we've been kvetching about is the NVSS's Provisional Life Expectancy Estimates for X Year which have consistently been released in July/August for the trailing year

and that rollup... just is no longer on the calendar

lol what the hell, it's actually gone from the release schedule. how bad were those numbers looking, god drat.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

RandomBlue posted:

Wife has it too now, quarantine clock reset, stuck in the swamp until at least Wednesday now. At least it didn't happen the night before the flight.

No one cares, you know. You can just Go Home.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My co-worker is trying to find the moth juice and Kaiser doesn't have it- where to I tell him to look for it? The vaccines.gov site is only showing him Phizer. Also what is it properly called again?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Strep Vote posted:

No one cares, you know. You can just Go Home.

Apparently our travel insurance does, also I do but not much anymore, there are probably several people with COVID on any given flight.

Makes sense that travel insurance doesn't want you giving COVID to other travelers they might be insuring.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

My co-worker is trying to find the moth juice and Kaiser doesn't have it- where to I tell him to look for it? The vaccines.gov site is only showing him Phizer. Also what is it properly called again?

unfortunately Kaiser as far as I’m aware wants people getting the vaccine in their facilities and not in external pharmacies. you can find it at say CostCo but whether it’ll be covered by insurance is a different ball of wax

https://www.kqed.org/news/11960630/free-new-covid-vaccine-near-me-2023#kaisernewcovidvaccine

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Novavax? I've seen some folks say it's a bit easier to find at Costcos, I think from earlier in the thread.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I've got an appointment at costco saturday morning to get my novavax and flu shot, super hype

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

(..)
Also what is it properly called again?

They never got the trade name (Nuvaxovid) through in the US, so it is just the Novavax vaccine, Novavax (2023-2024) or I suppose "Novavax COVID-19 vaccine, adjuvanted
(2023-2024 formula)" if you want to be technical about it.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Shear Modulus posted:

I've got an appointment at costco saturday morning to get my novavax and flu shot, super hype

Shear Mothjuice

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:26 on Oct 27, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pingui posted:

Reminds me of your AV:

Mothman juice

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

RandomBlue posted:

Apparently our travel insurance does, also I do but not much anymore, there are probably several people with COVID on any given flight.

Makes sense that travel insurance doesn't want you giving COVID to other travelers they might be insuring.

ok, if you're getting insurance to foot the bill, that's rad, carry on

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

Don't forget the glizzy. Sword and shield.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
10^6 arbitrary units WITH REFILL

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Pingui posted:

Shear Mothjuice

drat that moth is loving ripped

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Australia weekly update: welcome to the new wave. Covid hospitalizations have been slowly increasing these last few weeks but just started surging:

Twitter link to source

Hospitalizations are a lagging indicator so the wave probably kicked off a week or two ago but testing/reporting has been nerfed so hard it's impossible to tell. Oh well. :shrug:

But on top of that:
https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1717696575840129118

OH WELL :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

drat that moth is loving ripped

It's ripped but also thicc

There's even a facebook page dedicated to that statue's booty

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

we joke about licking doorknobs but this is going a bit far

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shiroc posted:

we joke about licking doorknobs but this is going a bit far

Reported for mothass kinkshaming

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
you never go rear end to moth

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tighclops posted:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tighclops posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Tighclops posted:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Tighclops posted:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
someone is m my office was trying to tell people vitamin c is the key and lmao

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-10-25/statin-could-fight-severe-covid-but-vitamin-c-does-not-study

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Does anyone have the link to that site that estimated the half-life in various environmental conditions based on temp., humidity, and uv?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So one of my coworkers likes to poo poo on people about masks and jokes that he doesn't know what covid is. "What's a COVID?", he says behind a smug smile when you mention the pandemic.

He's currently at home sick as a dog and coughing up a lung, from the sound of it.

Covid be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zs15HhlAYs

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zantie posted:

Does anyone have the link to that site that estimated the half-life in various environmental conditions based on temp., humidity, and uv?

this is for surfaces
this is aerosols

Oracle has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Oct 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Yes! Thank you :)

https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/sars-airborne-calculator switched it from surface to airbone, same site