Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Taima posted:

It wasn't intentional some guy just starting yelling that he threw up 24/7 for an entire week because he smoked a weed man idk what to say lol. We haven't mentioned that dude for a hot minute. But yes I do think that saying stuff like that in the doomsday thread is out of place, like people who come in here and brag about owning home(s) etc.

Leave people alone

Taima posted:

This is a played out tangent and I'm stopping now for everyone's sake

can we get an ETA on when you'll be stopping??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
You're talking to me man. You're one of my favorite posters for the record <3 you make me laugh all the time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is true that a lot of Reefer Madness stuff goes around about weed sometimes to justify why it's still not legal, but it's also true that people occasionally make weed their whole personality and end up posting like this

I would believe that somebody somewhere got the weed hurls, bodies are weird, even if it's rare enough that only one person I've ever spoken to about it (Zodium) has ever met someone who it happened to (and I've talked to a lot of weed guys about weed)

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Really love the WoW Trade Chat level discourse going on

Can we get some takes on Eminem and [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] while we're at it

Barrens chat was lit!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Mad cheefin on that RoundUp dank so I can scromit until I pass out.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

this got a chuckle

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/oct/26/mike-johnson/have-prices-increased-by-over-17-in-two-years/

quote:

In his acceptance speech after being elected speaker of the House, Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., criticized President Joe Biden’s stewardship of the economy.

He offered a series of statistics to make his case in the Oct. 25 speech, touching on credit card debt, mortgage rates and inflation.

"Prices have increased over 17% in the last two years," Johnson said.

Johnson has a point that prices have increased over two years, but not by 17%. He also ignored that wages have also increased, though not as much as prices.

For the two-year period between September 2021 and September 2023, the standard inflation metric, the consumer price index, rose by 12%.

That’s high by historical standards, which over a two-year period would be between 4% and 6%, but short of the 17% Johnson cited.

yes I am currently abusing substances like cannabis and coffee and also scromiting out my ear holes

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Hey, another person here that has seen someone get cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. poo poo is pretty terrible and usually comes from a reaction to high dose concentrates, but once you have it any consumption of THC will gently caress you up.

Don't gently caress with high potency concentrates, especially those made with propane and butane as a solvent.

Just vape dry flower and you will likely never get hyperemesis.

For the record it takes me at least 100mg to feel a gummy and i prefer to take a 250 mg dose for sleeping.

Weed is great if you are already not a piece of poo poo. If you are currently a piece of poo poo weed will probably make that worse.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if you don't consume at least 1g of pure thc per day you might as well be dead already. narc.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
My sister actually had CHS, it's no joke. It's not terribly common, but if you smoke a lot of weed and you randomly start feeling nauseous, try and lay off for a while. She had a random bout of nausea once a day for like two weeks, then it really got bad to the point where she was in the hospital for over two weeks because she couldn't keep fluids down and wouldn't stop throwing up. She went off weed for a long while after that, then started up again for a little bit before the random nausea came back, so she went back off weed with no problems since then.

Meanwhile, I never had any problems of the sort and I smoked way longer/harder than she ever did. Don't assume people are all the same you dipshits.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Weed is great if you are already not a piece of poo poo. If you are currently a piece of poo poo weed will probably make that worse.

feeling personally attacked

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

good thing alcohol use has never caused me any consequences

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For the record, I don't really get depressed/anxious from weed anymore, and I don't know whether it's because I'm less of a "piece of poo poo" now, or because I don't smoke as much (I have a 5-month-old; weed and having to wake up multiple times per night don't mix), or because I've just learned to prevent it like how I learned to avoid alcohol turning me into an annoying embarrassing loudmouth when I was 19

I preselect for only the chillest, dankest strains, I make sure I have entertainment that can occupy my ADHD brain even further impaired without clicking over to Twitter or whatever, and if I feel a bad line of thought coming on I force myself to abandon it (I think this is how CBT works???), and a wonderful evening will ensue

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

America will grow drunker

WrasslorMonkey posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "TAKE A BREAK" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never take a break

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For the record "weed doesn't cause anxiety unless you really are just a garbage person at heart" is one of the most infuriating things a weed guy can say, and I'm saying that as a weed guy

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

enough weed chat. let's argue about gas stoves again. Montreal just scored a nice victory for Big Induction

https://x.com/mtlgazette/status/1717183627421696363

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Hey, another person here that has seen someone get cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. poo poo is pretty terrible and usually comes from a reaction to high dose concentrates, but once you have it any consumption of THC will gently caress you up.

Don't gently caress with high potency concentrates, especially those made with propane and butane as a solvent.

Just vape dry flower and you will likely never get hyperemesis.

For the record it takes me at least 100mg to feel a gummy and i prefer to take a 250 mg dose for sleeping.

*speaks directly into your lapel*

No, I don't smoke weed Herr Kommissar

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

loquacius posted:

For the record "weed doesn't cause anxiety unless you really are just a garbage person at heart" is one of the most infuriating things a weed guy can say, and I'm saying that as a weed guy

Man it's really good I never said that. It's interesting that you conflate being a piece of poo poo with someone that gets anxiety. As an anxiety and weed guy that's a pretty poo poo take.

webcams for christ posted:

enough weed chat. let's argue about gas stoves again. Montreal just scored a nice victory for Big Induction

My vape uses induction

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

loquacius posted:

and if I feel a bad line of thought coming on I force myself to abandon it (I think this is how CBT works???), and a wonderful evening will ensue

Yeah this is how it's done. If I feel some Bad Thoughts coming on I'm just like bro I'm trying to have a good time here. I got my poo poo done for the day and I'm finally getting to play that game I've been meaning to play. Leave me alone until tomorrow.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

electric sucks. debate me!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"gas heats faster! gas heats faster!" i scream as the induction coil perfectly and effortlessly transfers energy into the pan and only the pan at 100% efficiency

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

you can't light your cigarette on the induction stove. topic locked

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Man it's really good I never said that. It's interesting that you conflate being a piece of poo poo with someone that gets anxiety. As an anxiety and weed guy that's a pretty poo poo take.

can you clarify what in the gently caress you were trying to say then

e: I wasn't doing that conflation, I was in fact accusing YOU of doing it, but I'm sure you know that

loquacius has issued a correction as of 14:37 on Oct 27, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Addicts ftw

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

can you clarify what in the gently caress you were trying to say then

Being a piece of poo poo usually has a connotation of being lazy, unmotivated, and preferring to do nothing as opposed to something. It does not usually have a connotation of 'riddled with anxiety'

Can you clarify what the gently caress you were trying to say other than that you equate anxiety with being a piece of poo poo?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

BTC at 34k has overtakenthe failing Down Jones at 33k. Guess we know which was the better investment after all.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Being a piece of poo poo usually has a connotation of being lazy, unmotivated, and preferring to do nothing as opposed to something. It does not usually have a connotation of 'riddled with anxiety'

Can you clarify what the gently caress you were trying to say other than that you equate anxiety with being a piece of poo poo?

I was accusing you of saying that obviously, this deflection is pretty lame

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

*sigh* time for Pittsburgh housing chat

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
started smoking weed at age 26 when it was legalized, now it's my whole main thing in life hell yeah. cheech and chong ftw

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

I was accusing you of saying that obviously, this deflection is pretty lame

My brother in anxiety and weed, what the gently caress are you talking about?

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

you two are doing the "two spidermen" meme but the spidermen are very very very stoned (and riddled with anxiety)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I had already said weed gave me anxiety sometimes, someone else did the "the anxiety was inside you all along and the weed was unrelated" shtick which is also annoying if less so, and I thought you were referring to that so I took offense, and you thought my inferral was an implication. We should probably all settle down.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TCC is a different subforum stfu

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

We should probably all settle down.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD ALL SMOKE A FREAKING DOOBIE BROTHER!!!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Goons: bad at investing and bad at drugs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD ALL SMOKE A FREAKING DOOBIE BROTHER!!!

somebody teach my baby to sleep better so I can do this pls

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

apatite posted:

you two are doing the "two spidermen" meme but the spidermen are very very very stoned (and riddled with anxiety)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

supply of distinguished professors in the USA dropping lower and lower

https://x.com/davidgura/status/1717697626999513383

lower supply means that the remaining ones will be paid more right?

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Oct 27, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lower supply means that the remaining ones will be aid more right?

the humanities department at universities are just gonna be the video tape you have to watch before starting a retail job that tells you why unions are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Everyone is equal, but STEMlord professors and students are more equal.