Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
text me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:(

so three keys on the new keyboard are doing something funny. I've switched back to the other one just to type this

when you press 2, both 2 and 3 are "pressed", I can see this by using the VIA keyboard tester thing

when you press w, both w and e are pressed

and when you press s, capslock a s d f g are pressed. not every single time but most times

I tried to type yospos and this happened yoasdfgASDFG

so three keys on a vertical column that give fucky signals.. somehow..

what a bummer. I mean I hope the nz suppler just replaces it for me because I really like the board otherwise

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

echinopsis posted:

:(

so three keys on the new keyboard are doing something funny. I've switched back to the other one just to type this

when you press 2, both 2 and 3 are "pressed", I can see this by using the VIA keyboard tester thing

when you press w, both w and e are pressed

and when you press s, capslock a s d f g are pressed. not every single time but most times

I tried to type yospos and this happened yoasdfgASDFG

so three keys on a vertical column that give fucky signals.. somehow..

what a bummer. I mean I hope the nz suppler just replaces it for me because I really like the board otherwise

this happened to me on my last keychron, but only after some years. any key in the home row would also type a ; consistently. thankfully the replacement i got seems to be working just fine. honestly it seems like keychron are turning out to be a bit of a gamble these days.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if it’s a demonstrable problem and they can I’ve owned it for a few days it’ll not end up my problem to deal with keychron to get a replacement

wonder what’s going on because I am not the only one

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

echinopsis posted:

if it’s a demonstrable problem and they can I’ve owned it for a few days it’ll not end up my problem to deal with keychron to get a replacement

wonder what’s going on because I am not the only one

their quality control is notoriously bad and has been since they shipped their first board

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah, i'm extremely wary of actual long-term quality of keyboards. the last two i've had suffered eventual key-repeat issues; at least my most recent one has qmk so i could screw with debounce timing, but i consider that not a real solution. sucks to hear about keychron, they were my main contender :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m 3 keychrons deep over the last year and they’re all working great (though the q0 doesn’t get a ton of traffic)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah 3 here as well. the 60% is too function-layer-ey for me. the others are awesome.

i'm glad i got that before i indulged my "maybe a 40% would be fun for Just Posting from the couch". the answer, op, is that it would not be. not at all.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

just go chorded and get it over with

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

or, I say again, azeron

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm glad i got that before i indulged my "maybe a 40% would be fun for Just Posting from the couch". the answer, op, is that it would not be. not at all.

yeah heck no, the only way boards that require layers work at all is if you can have sitting posture. contorting your hands while on the couch to access the number 4 would be a dog lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
another week another keychron

my first wired only one. mostly a backup slash alternative keyb for the gamin pc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBWJ9SKX?smid=ASKDIKGC8TC4&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

if the deal stops just know that this mf was $27.99 lol. ridiculous deal for what u get.

also red backlight HACKER MODE

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

my first wired only one. mostly a backup slash alternative keyb for the gamin pc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBWJ9SKX?smid=ASKDIKGC8TC4&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

if the deal stops just know that this mf was $27.99 lol. ridiculous deal for what u get.

well i can't not jump at that, ty :cool:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

bought one of those just last week for 35. first thing i did was swap out the red caps for blacks. after that it's a solid office keyboard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hows it feel

a large part of me enjoying the one I got is the PBT

I took the other one back to the supplier and they're sending me a new one. well, I'll have to go pick it up :rolleyes: but still. praying

I took it into work the other day when I was the only pharmacist (my boss hates change and I bet a different keyboard would be tragic for her) and drat it was satsfying to type up "2t par4 prn. max8" which is the stupid abbreviation code the software lets me use to fill in labels

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
as long as i'm in a keyboard-buyin' mood i got a present for a big tolkienhead friend with an upcoming birthday, check this wacky thing out

https://drop.com/buy/drop-the-lord-of-the-rings-elvish-keyboard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one of these days im gonna sell a keyboard that has like eighteen of those circular connectors everybody loves, just all 6" apart on the cable.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

psiox posted:

as long as i'm in a keyboard-buyin' mood i got a present for a big tolkienhead friend with an upcoming birthday, check this wacky thing out

https://drop.com/buy/drop-the-lord-of-the-rings-elvish-keyboard

I want a ten key not ten gwar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I want a ten key not ten gwar

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://drop.com/buy/drop-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-one-ring-artisan-keycap?defaultSelectionIds=980621

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
id be more impressed if they sold exactly one and charged $2 million for it like the magic card

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lomarf whats going on here then?

https://i.imgur.com/GosPrpH.mp4

edit:

Thread Mascot: https://www.instagram.com/p/CwVY9KTv4O-/

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I was looking at that yesterday it rules

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they have started giving the gimmick tinymonitor keyboards flip-up

hm.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

hm.

netbooks are back baby

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
they never left my heart 💜

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

post hole digger posted:

I was looking at that yesterday it rules

:thunk:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i mean, im not buying one, i just think it looks cool. and keyboard is the right size and scope for that level of gaudy, dorky stupidity. 'truck people see me sitting in in public' is obviously a different thing entirely.

the other big difference is the keyboard's actually shipping.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

got a lil nixie clock

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

hm.

feels weird but that's actually kind of cute and might look good on a desk with the right surrounding aesthetic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

post hole digger posted:

i mean, im not buying one, i just think it looks cool. and keyboard is the right size and scope for that level of gaudy, dorky stupidity. 'truck people see me sitting in in public' is obviously a different thing entirely.

the other big difference is the keyboard's actually shipping.

no u can’t take it back you said you want one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

feels weird but that's actually kind of cute and might look good on a desk with the right surrounding aesthetic

i love aux displays and widgets and stuff and that's like purpose built perfect for running the local weather and network traffic and maybe even a small slack window in, keeping your main monitor clear

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

yeah sorry phd but this is true and it also means you want a cybertruck and to hug and kiss elon musk, sorry bud

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

well-read undead posted:

yeah sorry phd but this is true and it also means you want a cybertruck and to hug and kiss elon musk, sorry bud

no.... my stellar reputation.... dragged through the mud...
    /
:negative:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

echinopsis posted:

I'm a big enough dork that I actually own the Matrix version of the Cyberboard. It's a drat cool art piece that's usable as a 75% keyboard. I've just come to the realization that I can really only use split or Alice layouts anymore, so it just sits beside my desk with a continuous Matrix rain going on the keys and the LCD, err, matrix.

Even as an art piece it's overpriced by at least $200, if not $400, but still, it's not as bad as audiophile gear, watches, pens, or high-end tuning for a car.

Edit: Wait, dammit, I can even recognize the keyboard he's replacing with the Cyberboard in that clip. It's another hideously expensive board from Angry Miao using leaf springs for its mounting. https://www.angrymiao.com/en/am-afa/ Not even I'm crazy enough to buy multiple Angry Miao boards.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 27, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

no.... my stellar reputation.... dragged through the mud...
    /
:negative:

this is what it feels like

when doves cry

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did u. Know? Obtuse angles now mean "cyber truck". Tesla owns them. Sorry

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

i love aux displays and widgets and stuff and that's like purpose built perfect for running the local weather and network traffic and maybe even a small slack window in, keeping your main monitor clear

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_E4ekY_hNc&t=42s

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh that fuckin whips yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jonny 290 posted:

oh that fuckin whips yesssss

360 bucks sounds absurd for a case, but their old case by itself was $200 and the DIY screen kit they sold was $160, so you're basically wasting your install time if you don't buy this version instead. Also apparently the new one is wider so your GPU can breathe better to the tune of 10 degrees C in gaming.