Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My kid just had me beat final level of super Mario wonder with red Yoshi

He just got the game on Sunday! Slow down kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

Wait for your kid to get pneumonia or something if you want to enjoy a new game.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://x.com/gematsu/status/1717018840800940282?s=20

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm not sure I see the dots between a trailer in Asia meaning a western release

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Len posted:

I'm not sure I see the dots between a trailer in Asia meaning a western release

Asia releases usually include english translation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

my mom surprised me with Pokemon Snap as a kid, but also kind of for herself, and she beat the game before I got home from school to try it lol. she was annoyed she got through it so fast and saw it didnt take me really any longer either, still brings it up some holidays like "i shouldve just rented it!"

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Has anyone played this? Is this an MMO that would make a good single player experience? I'm the weirdo who still has to play DQX1 while also having owned it for a while now

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Mr.Acula posted:

Has anyone played this? Is this an MMO that would make a good single player experience? I'm the weirdo who still has to play DQX1 while also having owned it for a while now

It’s the game with all the MMO bits stripped out to make it more in line with the rest of the mainline DQ games.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Mega64 posted:

One weird trick to gain infinite vouchers, your bank account HATES this!

Imagine four Nintendo Switch Online Nintendo Game Vouchers on the edge of a cliff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tempura Wizard posted:

It’s the game with all the MMO bits stripped out to make it more in line with the rest of the mainline DQ games.

It more like the story from the MMO shoved into an ultra budget single player mobile game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mega64 posted:

For some dumb reason you have to get that one before you can unlock the others. There's some fun ones, like Falco starting his own Star Falco team, or Fox and Falco joining a knock-off F-Zero league.

Some of these pictures own too.

This was actual game art?!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Risk of Rain Returns, and the Survivors of the Void DLC for Rain 2 are finally coming out on November 8th. Returns is a graphics remake of the original game, while Void is DLC for the 2nd game that PC players have had for a long time. I'm stoked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXNUXEfNvc

Backpack Hero was supposed to come out in August, and I'm salty that they've been so quiet since then.

Silksong still remains in the ether somewhere...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Wall Climb Jump II was programmed by demons.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Waffle! posted:

Risk of Rain Returns, and the Survivors of the Void DLC for Rain 2 are finally coming out on November 8th. Returns is a graphics remake of the original game, while Void is DLC for the 2nd game that PC players have had for a long time. I'm stoked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXNUXEfNvc

Backpack Hero was supposed to come out in August, and I'm salty that they've been so quiet since then.

Silksong still remains in the ether somewhere...

Announce a remake with updated graphics, include no gameplay footage. It's coming out before the end of the year, so why not show it off?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

Announce a remake with updated graphics, include no gameplay footage. It's coming out before the end of the year, so why not show it off?

There is gameplay footage out there, but I think they haven't made a "gameplay trailer" yet for whatever reason and it looks like they just reused the original announcement trailer animation.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Mario Wonder arrived yesterday and it's been fun and trippy so far. I do miss the ability to interact with the other characters in couch co-op. Bouncing off a head to reach new heights or throwing your siblings into the lava were all good fun. Although, I can see how that would be annoying to some people and they may appreciate the change.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there no infinite 1-up shell trick in this one? Or am I doing it wrong.

I like Wonder but I also don't like Wonder. It's not as good as SM3dW or the other full 3d games, but is better than the other 2ds, IMO.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of SM3dW:

I hit credits on Wonder and I'm surprised there was no twist/surprise "one more world!" particularly when 8 worlds is somewhat of a standard. Like, wouldn't call the game short, but there was a little less of it then I expected. I've found all the wonder seeds, but haven't done all the purple coins, which I assume is what gets you the last expert badge?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's a special world

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There's a special world
Getting all wonder seeds involves doing that :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technically there would be 9 worlds then (W1-6, Petal Isles, Castle Bowser, and the Secret World), which would be about the same as what NSMBU had

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

It's really weird to me that in Wonder, when you get an exit, multiple paths often open. Even if there's multiple exits, getting either opens multiple paths. It makes finding the second exits seem somehow less satisfying that it was back in Super Mario World.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxyclean posted:

Getting all wonder seeds involves doing that :v:

I only read the first sentence

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of SM3dW:

I hit credits on Wonder and I'm surprised there was no twist/surprise "one more world!" particularly when 8 worlds is somewhat of a standard. Like, wouldn't call the game short, but there was a little less of it then I expected. I've found all the wonder seeds, but haven't done all the purple coins, which I assume is what gets you the last expert badge?

While not one more world collecting everything unlocks a final super hard level.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regy Rusty posted:

While not one more world collecting everything unlocks a final super hard level.

I believe you also need to hit the top of every flagpole as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was counting that as "collecting" but I get the need for clarification.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Getting towards the end of Wonder and it's making me want to replay Odyssey. Damnit Nintendo I can't do this. I still need to finish Totk...

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Tender Bender posted:

Getting towards the end of Wonder and it's making me want to replay Odyssey. Damnit Nintendo I can't do this. I still need to finish Totk...
Finished TOTK up last week and am starting games in our collection my wife and kid started playing but never finished.

Currently playing Origami King.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

otter posted:

N64 controllers are available again. $50 but must be paid NSO member to buy one.

Thank you, I was finally able to grab one of these!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tender Bender posted:

Just three weeks until Super Mario RPG!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, any other particularly noteworthy Switch games coming next year besides the Peach game?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Larryb posted:

I forget, any other particularly noteworthy Switch games coming next year besides the Peach game?

Shiren 6 and SaGa Emerald Beyond.

Also this weird indie game called "Paper Mario", idk if anyone cares about that one though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

Shiren 6 and SaGa Emerald Beyond.

Also this weird indie game called "Paper Mario", idk if anyone cares about that one though.

Thousand Year Door to be specific, is it a port or a remake though?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

Go back and read a summary of the last Direct in September. That’s likely it until Switch 2 is announced. Rumors are pointing to a second half launch so I would expect the announcement sometime in the late spring. Probably April ish.

Of course there’s always the random Indy release or shovelware that can drop overnight, but probably nothing else major that we don’t know about. Maybe Prime 4, but it’s obvious that’s gonna be Switch 2 at this point.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Larryb posted:

Luigi’s Mansion 2 is getting a Switch port/remaster, but calling that noteworthy is kind of a stretch. I really liked the 3DS version when I played it but I couldn’t tell you a thing about it, it wasn’t particularly memorable. I would have preferred a port of the first game, or a combo of both like we just got with Pikmin 1+ 2.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I kinda want to buy Dave the Diver but I don't know if it will be on sale for Black Friday. How long does it usually take for indie games to see a discount?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mons Hubris posted:

I kinda want to buy Dave the Diver but I don't know if it will be on sale for Black Friday. How long does it usually take for indie games to see a discount?

Reminder that Dave the Diver is made by a offshoot of Nexon, a large video game company, not an indie dev. If that influences any buying choices or whatever.

Regardless, proooobably won't go on sale by Black Friday considering it's quite popular and by then will have been out for less than a month on the Switch.

Edit: That said I have no problem waiting on account of so many loving goty contenders on my plate atm.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 27, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Go back and read a summary of the last Direct in September. That’s likely it until Switch 2 is announced. Rumors are pointing to a second half launch so I would expect the announcement sometime in the late spring. Probably April ish.

Of course there’s always the random Indy release or shovelware that can drop overnight, but probably nothing else major that we don’t know about. Maybe Prime 4, but it’s obvious that’s gonna be Switch 2 at this point.

There’s also a new game from the Night in the Woods developers coming out at some point called Revenant Hill (currently it’s only slated for PS4, PS5, and Steam and doesn’t have a release date yet but chances are probably good we’ll eventually get a Switch or a Switch 2 version like they did with the first game as well)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Thousand Year Door to be specific, is it a port or a remake though?

It's a faithful remake. New music arrangements, models and textures, probably script alterations and quality of life features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's a faithful remake. New music arrangements, models and textures, probably script alterations and quality of life features

Wonder if they’re going to change the Vivian section to be more faithful to the Japanese version where she was trans