Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

my favorite unwinnable roguelike scenario is turn 0 death nethack tas. zero interaction, you just die. it's like you have to have autopickup enabled, have to happen to spawn on an item, and that item has to happen to be a cross-aligned artifact. it'll get picked up and immediatley kill you. good times, nigh impossibly unlikely to occur in a real game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WarpedLichen posted:

I mean there is at least one mathematically unwinnable Slay the Spire seed out there.

https://oohbleh.github.io/losing-seed/

But I think StS makes a good argument for the max difficulty higher than most conventional game designers thinks it should be at. I think at the highest difficulty, you should not expect even top players to win every game, that's probably tuned a bit too low. 4 suit Spider Solitaire was my old addiction and that has like 99% of all games are winnable with save-scumming, but the average player probably wins 30% and experienced players win 50% of the time. This leaves depth to be plumbed for the most frequent players. It does seem like the StS streamers are getting really drat good at the game and are probably in the 70%+ win rate now but I still count myself lucky to get a A20 win in a couple runs. I don't think having 10% of runs being absolute duds is that bad in game with a lot of RNG if it creates depth at the top end. If it's like 50% of the runs are unwinnable from the get go, that definitely seems like a design mistake.

Unrelated note, I wish there was an Autobattler thread, I'm also really enjoying Backpack Battles and I still play Super Autopets regularly.

I think the issue is that it's very hard to tune things that finely. A game might seem like it's on track for that level of difficulty, but once players start getting a few thousand hours on them it may turn out to be another story.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I remember that, it requires you to pick a very specific starting loadout and still had a [quickly checks]... 1 in 3 million chance of happening, and took ages to actually record it occurring.

Seeing how that satisfies some goober's desire for an unwinnable game, clearly this is all masterful design.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

Unless it's egregious 99.99% of players would never be able to tell anyhow.

Yes, that's the scenario that people have isolated--seeds where every path hits lagavulin and there are no damage cards or potions available beforehand.

This is the key point. Pretty much every discussion about unwinnable seeds boils down to doing a bunch of math in order to find something to be mildly annoyed about. I can find plenty of things to be mildly annoyed about with far less effort.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

nethack has an easter egg for it which I think we can all agree is the best way to handle it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I remember a *lot* of discussions about "theoretically winnable" design in this thread years ago, I can't remember where the consensus landed

I will say that balance tuning is really hard, and deckbuilder roguelikes above others get the gimlet eye, because inexperienced designers and weak design in general can just completely torpedo the entire game no matter how well the rest of it is put together, thematically, presentation, or otherwise

thinking on it, I'm actually harsher about roguelikes specifically in this way than a lot of other genres

for other games, I can more often excuse crappy design (with resignation, in the case of 4X, with annoyance in the case of AAA multiplayer)

but for roguelikes, whether leaning traditional, action, cards, or something else entirely, if the foundation is flimsy it kills my interest real quick

the basic compact in any of these games with some form of permadeath is the expectation that you have a fair shot at winning if you play well, if that isn't clearly identifiable as a pillar of the design at a glance I'll tend to avoid it

same for those where it's too complicated to parse if the design actually sucks rear end (this tends to be more of a subjective experiential thing, You Have A Janky Feeling About This Floor)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Giving the player a completely unwinnable scenario, no matter what choices the player might make, sounds like peak poo poo design.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, that seems going too hardcore. Having a game that it isn't only hard to win on its own, but having situations on the game where maybe (!) they aren't winnable sounds like too much to me.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

John Lee posted:

bro it's literally one in a billion, if you're worried about those odds you'd better be scared to leave the house because of rogue serial killers, while also simultaneously buying a lot of lottery tickets

I'm talking about in abstract, "a game". If a game is a coin flip I won't play it. If a game is like 5% unwinnable I probably won't want to play it, definitely not if it's a long game. Slay the Spire doesn't rate for me because I'm not close to winning ascension 20 at a high enough rate that unwinnable seeds are a problem. Even in an unwinnable game I'd 1) never know, and 2) still have room for improvement and can learn from that game.

In any case I read the Jorbs posts in the linked thread and I think Coolness Averted was not remembering what he said correctly. First of all, Jorbs says "any seed you can eventually beat by retrying and taking bad cards/playing cards in bad orders until [you win] is functionally problematic in all the ways that a truly unbeatable seed would be". So his definition of unwinnable is unwinnable with 'correct' play in the absence of hindsight. He also thinks that "it sucks that some runs just end up being losses for pretty much any reasonable player", so he doesn't value the unwinnable nature of a game for the unwinnable nature itself. His point of view is that "my enjoyment of the game increases as the % of the time that my decisions appear relevant increases" and that this approach almost unavoidably produces "unwinnable" games. His examples:

Jorbs posted:

this game has a bunch of randomness which stops us from knowing where we're going to end up if we make decisions

[...]

you only had the ability to prepare properly for two elite fights but ended up fighting the third, or because you were presented two options for synergistic scaling for the endgame fights but didn't get offered any more of the one you chose.

So I don't think anyone is actually arguing that unwinnable seeds are desirable in and of themselves. And I don't think anyone was arguing that mathematically unwinnable seeds are desirable at all. In StS you could probably eliminate all the unwinnable seeds without messing up the overall game given how narrow they are. And I think you ideally should TBH, there's no good reason to have a mathematically unwinnable seed beyond it being too much work to eliminate something that will rarely come up, but that's why I say "ideally".

I also think it's worth noting that this is maybe only acceptable in a very straightforward game like StS where there are ultimately a very narrow decision space and the game is relatively short. Unwinnable through standard correct play in say Nethack would be a super gently caress off with this bullshit situation for me. That game is too long and too open ended for unwinnable seeds to be acceptable. It's not such a tight design that difficulty is necessarily going to produce unwinnable seeds. Things like you move a space and a rock falls and you die are like whatever, that took 10 seconds of my time. But any situation deep in the dungeon needs to be winnable.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 27, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Triangle Wizard 2 at last arrives in the world, surprisingly, as something of a semi-remake and upon the most fortuitous of days for it:

https://www.trianglewizard.com/post/triangle-wizard-2-released

quote:

Triangle Wizard 2 is the sequel to 2008's Triangle Wizard. Triangle Wizard 2 stays true to the gameplay of its parent but features updated graphics and a less obtuse interface. It is a realtime roguelite combining an ASCII character art style to represent creatures but normal graphical effects for spells and the environment. The player's character is a wizard represented by a triangle.

The main inspiration for Triangle Wizard, and thus Triangle Wizard 2, is the first iteration of Diablo. Like Diablo it features a deep dungeon delve through randomized levels, with obscure shrines and randomly generated items. The ultimate goal is to travel to the lowest level in Castle Everdoom and confront the Nameless One, an ancient evil whose influence is increasingly darkening the land (although alternative endings and goals are possible). Along the way the player will encounter many different monsters, traps, and bosses. If the player dies their corpse may return to haunt (or help) future adventurers.

There are many different races and classes to play. And in addition there is a advanced deity system with unique boons and curses. A player can further customize their character with gameplay altering talents. New in Triangle Wizard 2 is that race, class, and deity options slowly unlock during play.

There is a particular focus on interaction with the environment. Walls can be destroyed (sometimes revealing hidden rooms), water and lava can affect and be affected by magic, and knocking creatures into spikes hurts them, etc. There are also interactions between spells allowing one, for example, to counter or reflect spells.
Triangle Wizard Day

If one chooses to play the game on the 27th of October, dubbed Triangle Wizard Day, the player character receives special bonuses, like a bonus talent, a unique item called the Triangle Wizard Hat.

Happy 15th Triangle Wizard Day everyone! It is hard to believe that the original game is already a decade and a half old. And with this milestone we also have the official release of Triangle Wizard 2. After 5 years of development, the sequel sees the light!

Written in C# and using the Unity game engine it is more modern, and releases on Windows, Linux, and Mac. Apart from various quality of life upgrades, it is mostly a faithful recreation of Triangle Wizard 1, but there is also some new content to discover!

Although I did a lot of testing, it is a new game, so there are probably still a few bugs. If you encounter any, please let me know! Also let me know whether the game runs fine on Linux and Mac. I do not have access to a Linux or Mac computer, so I am unable to test these builds myself. Finally, please report any frame rate issues, it is hard to determine system requirements, but I could release a build with reduced graphical demands if needed.

Happy (and good luck) exploring the renovated Castle Everdoom!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
New Risk of Rain next month!!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
GodoRogue also saw a v1.5 with some nice QoL and outright playing the thing gains:

https://aikoncwd.itch.io/godorogue/devlog/626526/godorogue-update-v15

quote:

Thank you very much for the warm reception of the previous version 1.4. I've received a lot of feedback and wanted to quickly release a new version considering the advice and bugs reported by all of you. Here is the list of new additions and improvements. This new version implements Field of View (FOV) and support for playing with the mouse. The main keys for accessing help (?) and using stairs (<, >) have also been changed, and some classes have been balanced. Enjoy!

Added:
Line of sight (LOS) and Field of Vision (FOV).
Mouse support to move and explore.
More special levels from depth 10 to 20.
You can view all your inventory (identified) after death.
Dungeon generation spawn more rooms, especially from level 10.
New command "x" to "examine" secrets/objects. Alias for "s" search.
Warning messages if player is on special level or near the amulet.
Secret wizard mode (for debug/cheats).
New sprites for potions. Every color has a sprite.
Ranger and Rogue have +1 DEX.
Warrior and Barbarian have +1 DMG.
Studded Leather armor for bard and noble.
Noble start with 1 devotion.
Sleep (zzz) effect over sleeping monsters.
Staff/wand of cancellation now reveal phantoms.
Staff/wand of slow monster now slows monster movement.
30% chance to spawn a monster after hitting a monster statue.
Destroying a monster statue will spawn a random monster.
Destroying a tombstone/slab will spawn a zombie.
Leprechauns and Nymphs disappear after stealing.
Default command key for help is now: ? and F1.
Default command key use stairs are: < and >.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Started playing crawl on the computer now too. Crawl is fun, and i like to play it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ExiledTinkerer posted:

GodoRogue also saw a v1.5 with some nice QoL and outright playing the thing gains:

https://aikoncwd.itch.io/godorogue/devlog/626526/godorogue-update-v15

new coffee break roguelike? and it's made in godot? i'm in :c00l:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I haven't even touched Against the Storm for over half a year now but I'm seeing it update with a new huge system like every 2 weeks. Which is a pretty crazy pace for an Early Access game.

Meanwhile, Chrono Ark is advertising it's all important Swimsuit DLC before the game is out yet.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phigs posted:

I'm talking about in abstract, "a game". If a game is a coin flip I won't play it. If a game is like 5% unwinnable I probably won't want to play it, definitely not if it's a long game. Slay the Spire doesn't rate for me because I'm not close to winning ascension 20 at a high enough rate that unwinnable seeds are a problem. Even in an unwinnable game I'd 1) never know, and 2) still have room for improvement and can learn from that game.

In any case I read the Jorbs posts in the linked thread and I think Coolness Averted was not remembering what he said correctly. First of all, Jorbs says "any seed you can eventually beat by retrying and taking bad cards/playing cards in bad orders until [you win] is functionally problematic in all the ways that a truly unbeatable seed would be". So his definition of unwinnable is unwinnable with 'correct' play in the absence of hindsight. He also thinks that "it sucks that some runs just end up being losses for pretty much any reasonable player", so he doesn't value the unwinnable nature of a game for the unwinnable nature itself. His point of view is that "my enjoyment of the game increases as the % of the time that my decisions appear relevant increases" and that this approach almost unavoidably produces "unwinnable" games. His examples:

So I don't think anyone is actually arguing that unwinnable seeds are desirable in and of themselves. And I don't think anyone was arguing that mathematically unwinnable seeds are desirable at all. In StS you could probably eliminate all the unwinnable seeds without messing up the overall game given how narrow they are. And I think you ideally should TBH, there's no good reason to have a mathematically unwinnable seed beyond it being too much work to eliminate something that will rarely come up, but that's why I say "ideally".

I also think it's worth noting that this is maybe only acceptable in a very straightforward game like StS where there are ultimately a very narrow decision space and the game is relatively short. Unwinnable through standard correct play in say Nethack would be a super gently caress off with this bullshit situation for me. That game is too long and too open ended for unwinnable seeds to be acceptable. It's not such a tight design that difficulty is necessarily going to produce unwinnable seeds. Things like you move a space and a rock falls and you die are like whatever, that took 10 seconds of my time. But any situation deep in the dungeon needs to be winnable.

Yeah, jorbs' argument seems very reasonable. His point essentially is that if the worst unlucky streak you can have is balanced such that you can still solve the game via careful reasoning (i.e. not cheating), then any run where you don't have luck that bad is going to be very easily solvable, which makes the game boring once you get good at it. So game designers wind up at a "pick 2 of 3" situation: high variance, challenging, guaranteed winnability. If you want to maximize depth (high variance and high challenge) then that means accepting that there's going to be a certain number of unwinnable runs... but if the game has high randomness and high difficulty then players generally won't be able to tell when they were actually doomed by RNG from when they made a mistake, so unwinnable games are essentially invisible. Granted, that may not be very comforting for some players.

"Unwinnable" is also a surprisingly fuzzy definition. There's the usual debate of "theoretically winnable with tool-assisted RNG foreknowledge" vs. "reasonably winnable with optimal play", but even then there's a sliding scale. A seed that's so torturously difficult you need to constantly pick arbitrary choices that are often pointless or stupid on their face because that happens to play off the RNG just right obviously falls in the former category, but what if e.g. you have to pick between two roughly equivalent choices at an important juncture where the RNG is such that one leads to certain death while the other leads to a routine victory? No one is going to realistically be able to crunch all the probabilities to determine which option was mathematically superior, and even if they could, if it turns out the choice that leads to death technically had a 1% higher chance of success in a vacuum does that really mean you chuck the run on the "only winnable via TAS cheats" pile?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Historically, Crawl (that is, DCSS) explicitly had a policy that unavoidable deaths weren’t considered a bug, for basically that reason: If they engineered the game to never present such situations, the game would be too easy and boring.

In reality, I think Crawl is basically always winnable for characters that don’t “fail to launch” and die really early, so it’s not that important of a point in practice.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The most unwinnable game of crawl I ever had, involved a long hallway from the entrance that led to a creature carrying some exploding darts. There was nothing to hide behind, the only thing I could do was pray I closed the distance and killed it before it blew me up. Which...did not work out.

But hey, that was like, 1 game out of 1000.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Arzaac posted:

The most unwinnable game of crawl I ever had, involved a long hallway from the entrance that led to a creature carrying some exploding darts. There was nothing to hide behind, the only thing I could do was pray I closed the distance and killed it before it blew me up. Which...did not work out.

But hey, that was like, 1 game out of 1000.

entrance vaults with a 1-width hallway as their only exit are the main source of these, i had a wizard character that opened a door into a 1 width hallway with a jackal pack in it and then miscast magic dart 4 times in a row and i feel as though that game was functionally not winnable

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

Jack Trades posted:

I haven't even touched Against the Storm for over half a year now but I'm seeing it update with a new huge system like every 2 weeks. Which is a pretty crazy pace for an Early Access game.

Meanwhile, Chrono Ark is advertising it's all important Swimsuit DLC before the game is out yet.

Metaprogressed right into fan service.

I recently got into Against the Storm again after trying to briefly on release. I would give it a shot if you are still in the mood. The gameplay feels a lot tighter and the game feels very much complete. For whatever reason it really hooked me enough to play about 20 hours in the past couple weeks when before I played about 3 and felt bored.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drone Incognito posted:

I recently got into Against the Storm again after trying to briefly on release. I would give it a shot if you are still in the mood. The gameplay feels a lot tighter and the game feels very much complete. For whatever reason it really hooked me enough to play about 20 hours in the past couple weeks when before I played about 3 and felt bored.

I played it for a couple of hours when I bought it and it was so good that I'm going to wait until it completely done, instead of playing the poo poo out of EA version burning myself out before 1.0.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Funnily enough I started a new save file for Chrono Ark a few days ago to try out the 2.0 changes. Game still good! Managed to get to the clock tower on my first run where Phoenix told me I was too early and shooed me back to the beginning. I think one small quibble with it is a common problem-- it feels like the more complicated characters don't necessarily offer more power to go with their lower skill floor. Heinz / Azar / Pressel are going to carry you just about any encounter (Miss Chain and Lian also deserve honorable mentions, the former for being virtually unkillable and the latter for just dumping out shitloads of damage).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Harminoff posted:

New Risk of Rain next month!!
How does it look so far? Doesn't it have both new devs and publisher?

Edit: Also, Endless Dungeon reminded me that Dungeon of the Endless exists, so I reinstalled it, wiped my save, and did a couple runs until I got a win.
It's a fairly fun game, but it really reminded me that it gets old quickly.

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Also, Endless Dungeon reminded me that Dungeon of the Endless exists, so I reinstalled it, wiped my save, and did a couple runs until I got a win.
It's a fairly fun game, but it really reminded me that it gets old quickly.

I think it's the same devs, if we're talking about the refresh of the original game.

Never got into the second game for whatever reason, but the original still holds up IMO. Even solo, it's so fun going from plinking at lizards to launching full-on orbital strikes on giant baddies

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

RoR is all gearbox now. The o.g. devs said they did all they wanted and sold the ip

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

RoR is all gearbox now. The o.g. devs said they did all they wanted and sold the ip

As I understand it, Risk of Rain Returns, the 2d game in the style of the original, is being developed by the original devs. Gearbox owns the IP now and will be developing any future games or dlc for 2.

Basing this off of the original news post here.

quote:

Hopoo Games will remain the developer of the Gearbox-published Risk of Rain Returns, and Gearbox will both develop and publish potential future titles in the series.

It's possible there's been other updates I missed or this is just a weird on-paper thing and "Hopoo Games" is different people than the original devs or something though, I haven't been following super closely.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ghostrunner 2 has a roguelike mode, ergo it is a roguelike

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lufia II's Ancient Cave was a cool roguelike before roguelikes were cool.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SettingSun posted:

Lufia II's Ancient Cave was a cool roguelike before roguelikes were cool.

Hah, I think mentioning that mode and asking what it'd be considered was how I was pointed towards the roguelike thread here (or on another forum) in the first place.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Snake Maze posted:

As I understand it, Risk of Rain Returns, the 2d game in the style of the original, is being developed by the original devs. Gearbox owns the IP now and will be developing any future games or dlc for 2.

Basing this off of the original news post here.

It's possible there's been other updates I missed or this is just a weird on-paper thing and "Hopoo Games" is different people than the original devs or something though, I haven't been following super closely.

returns is being developed by the original devs, this has been known since the moment it was announced

they had a bunch of ideas to revamp the first game with while making risk of rain 2 and wanted to put that stuff out as something for players to have and then just move on, because they want to go back to developing 2d games and at this point they can't imagine much more to do with the risk of rain ip

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Broken Cog posted:

Here is where they announced the date, but it also has a ton of footage you can skim through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LfsYltzCxg

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do we get this for free if we have the original?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
nintendo did that when I wrote them and said I had already bought the first mario

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Oh cool

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Godorogue is a good idea but I got bit by a bat because I tried to look at it and that takes a turn.

The flavor text is... interesting

bat posted:

Disturb their peaceful reverie, however, and they shall flutter to life, their bites, though not devastating, a testament to their displeasure.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Lost for Swords with another solid "make game work better, be better" update:

https://maxbytes.itch.io/lost-for-swords/devlog/626969/v120-bosses-curses-and-the-mezzanine

quote:

First boss: Banshee, waits at floor 10 of the Gathering Tower

Keys and Mezzanine: between floors, you visit a Mezzanine. On this “in-between” floor there are NPCs, many of them locked in prison cells. You may only interact with NPCs after you’ve freed them from their cell. Like previously, NPCs can help you improve your deck by adding, upgrading or removing cards, or heal you. To open a prison cell, a Key is needed.
Keys are spread throughout the dungeon and can be collected like emeralds. Through their mechanics, keys form a second “currency” and are shown as such in the UI

Reworked backtracking: instead of losing HP, you are now presented with a choice of three cards with negative effects, and you have to pick one. Either lose health, lose Emeralds or add a Fatigue card to your deck permanently.
later floors have upgraded cards as rewards. This makes finding cards later in the run still viable
(re)added chests again in later floors

Reworked pushing: deals 1 damage to cards that are pushed into each other. When a card is pushed to the board’s border, it is pushed off and takes damage equal to the floor number. Then the card is returned to the dungeon deck (or destroyed, if its a prop)

reworked knight’s first Fort (which is essentially the tutorial)
Made number of (re)uses for weapons more clear
Visual indicators for currently active card: card that “does” something grows a bit larger
Visual improvements and player feedback for when trinkets/auras/poison/… trigger

New Cards
Medusa’s Ring
Defiance
Pierce Ring (new)
Curse: Fatigue

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jack Trades posted:

I played it for a couple of hours when I bought it and it was so good that I'm going to wait until it completely done, instead of playing the poo poo out of EA version burning myself out before 1.0.

Yeah that's where I am too. Plus there were a lot of systems to learn and keep track of, and I'd rather do that all at once when the game is in 1.0 than keep up with it as it moves along.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

goferchan posted:

I get it, and it's interesting as like a galaxy-brain level mastery problem with the game. Is there an unwinnable seed of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup?

Go back to the days of being unable to butcher chunks with a cursed club of distortion and I’d say definitely.

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well, that was the final push I needed to buy Inkbound. I wasn't opposed to it before or anything, but this felt like a good opportunity to pull the trigger and maybe send a message about a positive change.

Just popping in to say that I got Inkbound on a whim and the community is really friendly and chill. I'm enjoying the gimmicks I'm discovering so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Fun little roguelike you can play over on Itch.io - short runs, maybe a bit too easy. Unless I got insanely lucky on drops, might get three happy runs out of it and be content.
Folder Dungeon

quote:

Folder Dungeon is dungeon crawler roguelike inside computer folder! Make difficult decisions, fight enemies, collect powerful relics!
Play in full screen or download the game for best experience!

Content:
6 floors
20 relics
6 enemies

Made in 7 days for Brackeys Game Jam 2023.2

Simulated computer folder, it's not one of those games where you explore (or delete) your real file system.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 28, 2023