Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kylaer posted:

I'm glad they're doing it because Robert Rath is a Good Writer and the other stuff IIRC was written by people who were not Good Writers. I am hype for it and will be reading it right away.

this. Robert rath is great and i just realized yesterday he writes most of Extra histories stuff, which while not perfect tend to be pretty good and interesting entry level stuff to various different history topics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Also the words "Fall of Cadia" and "Robert Rath" on the cover of the book may as well be a giant red sticker that says "Trazyn is going to be in this book"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats for everyone pointing out it was up for pre-order. I'd been watching out for it but for some reason it wasnt on the normal GW pre order notifications. I got the hardback to keep my collection going.

Just one more and the final Bequin book for Abnet to go.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Do I read The Magos or the first Bequin novel after finishing the Ravenor Omnibus?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pron on VHS posted:

Do I read The Magos or the first Bequin novel after finishing the Ravenor Omnibus?

The Magos.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

wiegieman posted:

The Magos.

There's a reading order in Magos that sorts all of the short stories and novels into their proper place in the timeline. So technically you should start the whole series with Magos because there's a short that comes before the first Eisenhorn novel. But no worries, read the shorts now and then do it all proper on a re-read.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Reading the Magos before Pariah kind of gives away the game, though. Pariah, then Magos, then Penitent imo.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Is this right?

(with preechr's correction, perhaps)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sounds right but it's been a while

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I remember a bunch of these shorts from my Eisenhorn ombibus, but are any of them trickier to grab? A bit annoying to buy single stories on the BL site.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

It seems weird to me they're doing a 'Fall of Cadia' book now.

I mean wasn't that Cadia Stands plus the short stories and all the background text in that campaign book literally called 'The Fall of Cadia', and these are all 5+ years old now. I thought they'd moved on to 'What happens to the survivors of Cadia' as the thing now.

They still haven't done a novelization of The Gathering Storm, which I had expected to happen like a year or two after Gillman came back

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Which is why I maintain it's strange. It was a years ago launch of seventh edition story line that they've moved well past that with recent publications, they're not tying it into a new campaign book or anything as far as I can tell.

I don't object to a decent new author taking another swing at it to be clear. I'm just surprised it's happening.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Also the words "Fall of Cadia" and "Robert Rath" on the cover of the book may as well be a giant red sticker that says "Trazyn is going to be in this book"

I think he literally says he has some Cadia peeps in Infinite and Divine.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Age of Sigmar also does some stuff with "Chaos societies that have shops and inns and stuff". Some of the Warcry tie-ins, Godeater's Son (which I just got today and am tucking into).

Azubah posted:

I think he literally says he has some Cadia peeps in Infinite and Divine.

I suspect "stuff Trazyn doesn't have" is a shorter list.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

They should have handed Rath the reigns to Fabius Bile.

Anyway, I too had a Warhammer dream, and it was just of the Emperor holding a deceased Leman Russ (the guy, not the tank) La Pietà style.

:shrug:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

I remember a bunch of these shorts from my Eisenhorn ombibus, but are any of them trickier to grab? A bit annoying to buy single stories on the BL site.

Check if they're in Magos.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Mazed posted:

Anyway, I too had a Warhammer dream, and it was just of the Emperor holding a deceased Leman Russ (the guy, not the tank) La Pietà style.

*crumples up and throws my completely original short story away*

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

Age of Sigmar also does some stuff with "Chaos societies that have shops and inns and stuff".

'It's Blood and Souls Friday! Which means it's 20% off all our spikey armour! So start your Khornemas shopping early'

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Pyrolocutus posted:

He doesn't have a diorama of the Emperor and Horus on the Vengeful Spirit.

YET.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Telsa Cola posted:

*crumples up and throws my completely original short story away*

Joke's on you, my story about him tenderly caressing the tank is still on the table!

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Mazed posted:

:hmmyes: Owns, except it should have been Sanguinius.

Has anyone done a version of Ivan the Terrible and his Son with the Emperor and Horus?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I forgot what La Pietà was (and I've seen it in person a couple of times), and Ivan the Terrible and His Son was definitely what popped into my head when I read Mazed's post. Even better and darker with Sanguinius.

mllaneza posted:

Check if they're in Magos.

Right oh, will do.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The Emma Gregory sections of Saturnine are so wonderful and affecting. I kinda wish they just did all of TEatD, vol. 1-3, as audio dramas.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Pyrolocutus posted:

Age of Sigmar also does some stuff with "Chaos societies that have shops and inns and stuff". Some of the Warcry tie-ins, Godeater's Son (which I just got today and am tucking into).

Age of Sigmar is just kinda weird in how all the factions operate though, particularly the cosmology.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Black Griffon posted:

The Emma Gregory sections of Saturnine are so wonderful and affecting. I kinda wish they just did all of TEatD, vol. 1-3, as audio dramas.

Emma Gregory has a voice that was made for 40k. I love her work.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

OPAONI posted:

Emma Gregory has a voice that was made for 40k. I love her work.

she’s Krole, right? Those scenes are haunting, some of my favorites in Saturnine.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

she’s Krole, right? Those scenes are haunting, some of my favorites in Saturnine.

She's also Minthara in the recent Baldur's Gate 3, and she's astoundingly good in it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For those that audio book is it pronounced Lemon or Leeman Russ

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Leyman Roos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sharknado slashfic posted:

Usually Lee-man or Lay-min

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lee-Man Russ. Though a play on Layman is also an option.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ty all. Been wondering that for a while but never when I actually have the thread open.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
Dramatis personae of Fall of Cadia:

:getin:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

sharknado slashfic posted:

Leh-man Bros

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Kylaer posted:

Dramatis personae of Fall of Cadia:

:getin:

Awww. Not his best frenemy?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

if they let Orikan into the book he and Trazyn would just steal the show and it'd just be The Infinite and the Divine 2

which would be great, there should be an Infinite and the Divine 2

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Mazed posted:

if they let Orikan into the book he and Trazyn would just steal the show and it'd just be The Infinite and the Divine 2

Honestly? I would actually rank Infinite and Divine as my favourite BL book of all time. It honestly had rhe same vibes as Aaron Allston's star wars books to me

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Mazed posted:

I'd be especially down for I&D 2 if it were covering a huge, setting-wide event from the perspective of two characters who don't care about it in the slightest.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

mllaneza posted:

I'd be especially down for I&D 2 if it were covering a huge, setting-wide event from the perspective of two characters who don't care about it in the slightest.

T&O Forrest Gumping their way through every major event of the Horus Heresy, Orikan is chasing some unrelated Necron McGuffin and is constantly annoyed at Trazyn stopping every five minutes months to pick up yet another giant human with daddy issues for his collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

NihilCredo posted:

T&O Forrest Gumping their way through every major event of the Horus Heresy, Orikan is chasing some unrelated Necron McGuffin and is constantly annoyed at Trazyn stopping every five minutes months to pick up yet another giant human with daddy issues for his collection.

Hanging out on the Vengeful Spirit, trying to decide which hosed up chaos marine is better, the one with tentacles for eyes, or the one with mouths for hands? gently caress it, let's get both.