Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The evil mods refusing to enforce the rules will harm the democrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i think the bigger issue is these protests/movements are so unorganized and that energy is being expended and diffused into vapor with no real wins to claim beyond amorphous "changes in attitudes" in some of the population for some of the time

READ IF WE BURN

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/chrislhayes/status/1718007957881794668?s=20

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

The evil mods refusing to enforce the rules will harm the democrats!

It's bad faith to think that politicians don't actually care what the people want! If you want a policy like healthcare or not doing another genocide you just have to convince enough people and the politicians will respond!

Christ what world are these people living in.

If you believe voting is the ultimate form of participation any actual reasonable thinking person would understand that withholding your vote from reprehensible poo poo is the only lever you have! If they can take your vote for granted because they are half a pubic hair better than the others they have no incentive to ever give people what they want! They will only ever try to move right to get more people who will VBNMW!

This is incredibly obvious poo poo!

Oh well, I guess we can try to change the Nazi party from the inside!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The comment is so drat toothless, loving succobin.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Adenoid Dan posted:

Christ dv is yammering about Russia being behind every non committee approved talking point. Nobody can think things on their own and he's the only one not vulnerable to propaganda.

Part of what convinced me to stop posting there was the realization that "the mods not only tolerate DV, but consider him a good and valuable poster."

I tried to put myself in the mindset of someone who would think this, and realized that no communication is possible with such a person.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Part of what convinced me to stop posting there was the realization that "the mods not only tolerate DV, but consider him a good and valuable poster."

I tried to put myself in the mindset of someone who would think this, and realized that no communication is possible with such a person.

it pains me to say, but to fluffdaddy's credit, he absolutely loathes that guy lmfao

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

there’s a certain pleasure in knowing you’ve been read, both in the agreement you may receive, as well as the angry denunciations, which are themselves a kind of endorsement depending on how you feel about the person doing the whining

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

selec posted:

there’s a certain pleasure in knowing you’ve been read, both in the agreement you may receive, as well as the angry denunciations, which are themselves a kind of endorsement depending on how you feel about the person doing the whining

This is another reason not to engage. There were a couple times I typed out a reply to a post, and realized that it would just be seen as "wacky tankie flailing because he was owned too hard" and decided against it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

It would represent the ultimate in foolishness for young progressives, especially those of color, to throw away American democracy to prove their allegiance to the cause of global struggles for equality. They should take a moment to imagine how their Black Lives Matter protests would have been handled in China and then take another moment to imagine the confidence re-election would bring to Trump's coalition of Christian (in name only) white supremacists. Smash and Grab shoplifters and immigrants climbing the wall would not be the only ones shot in Trump's perfect vision of MAGA America.

Whoever said this is an idiot

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

This is another reason not to engage. There were a couple times I typed out a reply to a post, and realized that it would just be seen as "wacky tankie flailing because he was owned too hard" and decided against it.

Yes, they live for being the calmest Hitler rational centrist in the room. Even, maybe especially when that means supporting a genocide. Just making tough choices!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1717998353647026358

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Adenoid Dan posted:

Yes, they live for being the calmest Hitler rational centrist in the room. Even, maybe especially when that means supporting a genocide. Just making tough choices!

then they’re failing hard at that, because the anger is just radiating off the posts

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Padme: So groceries are cheaper now, right?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Inflation RATE not inflation?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

...right?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Shut up you stupid Nazi

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

Uncle Wemus posted:

It would represent the ultimate in foolishness for young progressives, especially those of color, to throw away American democracy to prove their allegiance to the cause of global struggles for equality. They should take a moment to imagine how their Black Lives Matter protests would have been handled in China and then take another moment to imagine the confidence re-election would bring to Trump's coalition of Christian (in name only) white supremacists. Smash and Grab shoplifters and immigrants climbing the wall would not be the only ones shot in Trump's perfect vision of MAGA America.

why is it on the powerless to save “American democracy” and not the powerful?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
l m f b o

quote:

I would still hold my nose and vote for the guy shooting only my family over the other guy who will still shoot my family and who promises to shoot additional families, yes.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
murdering my family is fine, actually,

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

eat poo poo genocide lover

also it hasent gown down

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

ex post facho posted:

Can definitely see how Biden’s record would appeal to that kind of voter.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ex post facho posted:

not victims, noble martyrs

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Lib and let die posted:

not victims, noble martyrs

Don't call them martyrs, someone might feel unsafe!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

isn’t he the guy who can set prices?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

desperately trying to explain tangents to slopes to the audience that rejected the third pound burger

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Scarabrae posted:

isn’t he the guy who can set prices?

that would be authoritarian, and not in the spirit of FDR, who Biden is even more better than

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

For the folks at home, FDR issued an executive order to freeze commercial prices with the Emergency Price Control Act of 1942

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

i didnt realize bush's brain was a book and a movie, i thought it was just a meme, huh

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lib and let die posted:

For the folks at home, FDR issued an executive order to freeze commercial prices with the Emergency Price Control Act of 1942

i was going to joke about biden being old enough to remember

he was born that year

lmfao

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

ex post facho posted:

Personally I'd Stand My Ground

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

BLM protests were literally beaten down and shot at by the police in this country. Stop Cop City is considered a terrorist organization.

China embraces its minority cultures and lifts them up.

This fact pains liberals so they just ignore it

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
They will speedrun the “first they came for” poem in record time

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Srice posted:

I am gonna vote in a few weeks because libraries are on the local ballot.

Specifically a choice between less money for the library or completely defunding the library.

....hooray?

it's important that every American exercises their civic duty of voting*

*votes only applicable for pulling the lever on hellish variations of the trolley problem

lever only changes the color of the trolley's headlamps between red and blue, and does not change how many people will be slaughtered in order to keep the trolley running

blue lamps are temporarily out of service

bawk has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Oct 27, 2023

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

Noted Communist Richard Nixon also issued an executive order to freeze prices, rents, wages, and salaries based on the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11615

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Leck posted:

Noted Communist Richard Nixon also issued an executive order to freeze prices, rents, wages, and salaries based on the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11615

nixon's back, baby

aroooooo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Leck posted:

This was the thing that won him the election, by the way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Nixon's such a weird president. The last interesting Republican to ever hold office.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Uncle Wemus posted:

lol syq

anyway cant wait for next year when im bombarded by ads about the noted peace candidate, joseph biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Look Lenin personally murdered half my family, so you just gotta understand that I can't ever be a Bolshevik, I'm not going to support the people who killed my family. Anyway as I was saying I don't care if Biden killed your family he's owed your vote, so suck it up buttercup it's not about you.