Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i honestly do not care about the million different things currently giving me cancer

bring back asbestos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

electric stoves much like electric cars just make the likely fossil fuel component someone else's problem (and that someone else probably doesn't care)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
duhhh the world economy is collapse! peak oil! pandemic! climate change! everything sucks and is getting worse forever!

oh, sure, the electric stove cooks worse, but i gotta think about my health. lots of reasons to wanna stick around and see all this awful planet has to offer, you know?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

triple sulk posted:

electric stoves much like electric cars just make the likely fossil fuel component someone else's problem (and that someone else probably doesn't care)

they're up to 3x more efficient than gas, don't give children asthma, and while community cafeterias should be promoted, home kitchens are good, unlike the disgusting automobile

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

that's weird, material conditions in real life don't seem to conform to these bullshit numbers written on paper

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

i honestly do not care about the million different things currently giving me cancer

bring back asbestos

time to let me smoke on planes again

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

listen if microplastics got you high it would be cool, but since they dont there’s nothing for the damage you suffer to be worth

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

seems... good?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1718008718611169426

SocksOnARooster
Mar 18, 2009

Wow it looks like it would be good to go back to whatever policies were in place in mid to late 2020. Wonder what that was.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

triple sulk posted:

i interviewed for a job for six weeks and after all was said and done i got shot down by a lack of specific domain experience which they could have very easily figured out in the first interview if it wasn't already obvious from my resume

now it's november and everyone will stop hiring til january. great economy. america rules.

:smith: Sorry sulk, I know you've been hard at it for months. Hopefully you get something soon.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

SocksOnARooster posted:

Wow it looks like it would be good to go back to whatever policies were in place in mid to late 2020. Wonder what that was.

pandemic lockdowns and restrictions.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Wow, expensive luxurious things cost more than modest things. Incredible. Astonishing.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ben shapino posted:

turn your monitor on

:pwn:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/WavezOnSwim_/status/1651418585565126656

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zodium posted:

time to let me smoke on planes again
just vape on low-budget planes like every one. no one cares what anyone does on spirit airlines

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I vaped on every plane and in every airport we went through to/from Brazil. it’s easy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
its bemusing that decay of airport/airplane culture are directly mirrored in american (western?) driving culture during/after covid

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Flipping and renting houses is so easy

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YZDDuDeiGyw

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

triple sulk posted:

i don't know and don't want to know what a genie+ pass is

it's the "skip the line" pay-up

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Canned Sunshine posted:

it's the "skip the line" pay-up

*everyone buys it*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sure someone has put a go pro Disney tour on YouTube

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just wait until you need to do any maintenance on it, since no one wants to do residential anymore if they can avoid it and charge out the rear end.

I paid $400 to fix two leaky sinks and feel like I got a good deal.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

skooma512 posted:

:smith: Sorry sulk, I know you've been hard at it for months. Hopefully you get something soon.

honestly they may not have hired anyone at all. i was pretty much told that they wanted the right person and were willing to wait, so i'm not surprised by the non-hire so much as they wasted their own time as well when they could have very easily figured out that i wasn't the magic unicorn candidate very early on. the only saving grace is i wasn't asked to do any bullshit exercise work which is a non-starter for me at this point. there were some other yellow-to-orange flags i won't get into here but it's just a real shame, is all.

it's pretty incredible how companies just love wasting their own time. i think of all the times i've been rejected after doing a full interview process over the last year, maybe one or two companies actually hired someone (going off closed job posts + linkedin).

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

triple sulk posted:

honestly they may not have hired anyone at all. i was pretty much told that they wanted the right person and were willing to wait, so i'm not surprised by the non-hire so much as they wasted their own time as well when they could have very easily figured out that i wasn't the magic unicorn candidate very early on. the only saving grace is i wasn't asked to do any bullshit exercise work which is a non-starter for me at this point. there were some other yellow-to-orange flags i won't get into here but it's just a real shame, is all.

it's pretty incredible how companies just love wasting their own time. i think of all the times i've been rejected after doing a full interview process over the last year, maybe one or two companies actually hired someone (going off closed job posts + linkedin).

this aint specific to hiring either. I’d estimate fully 80% of the workforce at my company have never done a single thing of value, and the 20% that have, do so rarely.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

its bemusing that decay of airport/airplane culture are directly mirrored in american (western?) driving culture during/after covid

im not a remotely aggressive driver but i had to honk my horn 3 times yesterday as multiple lanes of traffic sat still at green stoplights. nobody pays attention. surely things weren't always like this?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lmfao so much wasted money in this video outside of the normal “spending any amount of money on Disney is wasted money.”

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

triple sulk posted:

i interviewed for a job for six weeks and after all was said and done i got shot down by a lack of specific domain experience which they could have very easily figured out in the first interview if it wasn't already obvious from my resume

now it's november and everyone will stop hiring til january. great economy. america rules.
everything's been getting so stupid with needing some hyper-specific but easy-to-pick-up knowledge of whatever.

In related news, LinkedIn now doesn't show the actual number of applications for each job. Instead it just says "over 50" to hide the fact that most of these motherfuckers got like 800 applicants. :thumbsup:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
$4k in a day, american paypigs paying for self-admitted "mediocre" food

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

spiritual bypass posted:

im not a remotely aggressive driver but i had to honk my horn 3 times yesterday as multiple lanes of traffic sat still at green stoplights. nobody pays attention. surely things weren't always like this?
america is dying cloud

but no ti's definitely worse, and also no one cares (nor should they). laws were only real in as much as anyone even believed there were consequences (there arent), so you might as well post n drive while scrolling twitter on a second phone while listening to music on your earbuds.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Glumwheels posted:

Sign me up for a 69%

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I see people from time to time who stop at red lights... and then just go anyway, and honk at the cross traffic as if they're the ones who are wrong.

And of course, none of these are followed up by them going crunch, they will continue to get away with it forever and continue escalating.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cat botherer posted:

everything's been getting so stupid with needing some hyper-specific but easy-to-pick-up knowledge of whatever.

In related news, LinkedIn now doesn't show the actual number of applications for each job. Instead it just says "over 50" to hide the fact that most of these motherfuckers got like 800 applicants. :thumbsup:

we're talking really a broad area in this case too in terms of specifics, like too broad to even know everything. i just don't think it was a real job. my fault for not having better judgement.

linkedin changed something in the last few weeks and the postings are all hosed up and even worse than they were. just completely useless.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

I love how housing's "too volatile" for CPI, but including it in net worth calculations to show that everything's cool and good? No problem.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Volatility implies the price fluctuates down as well as up, but housing only ever goes up, and our system is based on that assumption being true.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Minera posted:

goons love weed and booze and altered state of mind, yet act like microplastics, lead, gas stoves are bad things. its perfectly natural sweeties stop thinking so hard about it

what does that even mean

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

I love how housing's "too volatile" for CPI, but including it in net worth calculations to show that everything's cool and good? No problem.

Never believe that economists are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is the worker who is obliged to use numbers responsibly, since he believes in material reality. The economists have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the economy is better than ever.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

what does that even mean

it's friday night you cant expect non-smashed posts!

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

this is a dry thread

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

spiritual bypass posted:

I’ve noticed more people going 20+ over the speed limit and passing on the right than ever before. Just the other day I saw a guy literally slam on his breaks and back up on the freeway because he missed an exit, almost causing a pileup.

Some people just don’t give a gently caress anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I’ve noticed more people going 20+ over the speed limit and passing on the right than ever before. Just the other day I saw a guy literally slam on his breaks and back up on the freeway because he missed an exit, almost causing a pileup.

Some people just don’t give a gently caress anymore.

There are 2-3 crashes here every day on the commuter artery from the northeast because there is not enough room to expand it so it’s signed 50mph in spots with very narrow lanes and people insist on doing 70mph on it anyway. People drive here like they want to die.