Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm beginning to think he might be a rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

spaceblancmange posted:

wow how did he get such a high profile?

https://x.com/viciousskid/status/1717431240444596578?s=46&t=-SJ0iV1ryOF9h29u1nKy4g

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
If I understand correctly, this rape allegedly happened a few months after higgins made her complaint

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

He was also charged before Channel 7 ran a series of fawning interviews with him on Shitlight.

I remember finding out about it last year when they forgot to redact his name from some court lists and it was briefly all over Twitter.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
It certainly fits with the idea that rapists tend to rape a lot of people.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
if he werent a rapist he would be wearing a shirt with "not a rapist" on it

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
all these courts keep asking questions that have already been answered by my not a serial rapist tshirt

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
seriously can you imagine being the afp putting their cajones on the line for corruption fixing that piss babies case and then he goes and does more rapes like hello please respect our political services

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

G-Spot Run posted:

seriously can you imagine being the afp putting their cajones on the line for corruption fixing that piss babies case and then he goes and does more rapes like hello please respect our political services

Why would they care, they're basically untouchable, along with the Canberra police.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
im sure there's at least a slim chance you'll get scapegoated if poo poo goes south, like russian roulette with really favourable odds

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Why would they care, they're basically untouchable, along with the Canberra police.

I thought the Canberra/ACT police were AFP?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

I thought the Canberra/ACT police were AFP?

You're right. I thought there was a distinction, there isn't

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

concerning

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Guess we'll need another Spotlight special on good ol' Brucey. Maybe they can double bill it with "not a war criminal" Roberts-Smith.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They'll get a reality TV cohosting gig.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How has Bruce Lehrman paid for all his legal costs?
Is it Kerry Stokes backing another winner?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if it quacks like a duck

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if it rapes like a duck

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
who is the kangaroo on masked singer? why its bruce lehrmann!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-27/neo-nazi-hiker-attack-thomas-sewell-jacob-hersant/103031582

Victoria is truly the neo Nazi state

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Certainly the people who chant Heil Hitler when they have their aggravated assault charges dismissed and have a long history of violent offending won't do it again. What a loving idiot judge, should be disbarred and banned from public life. She's condemned some other people to racist violence.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

ABC posted:

Some were armed with knives, and donned balaclavas and face coverings...

ABC posted:

However the judge said she did not believe the attack on the hikers was politically or racially motivated, and agreed it was not premeditated.
"In both your cases your prospects of rehabilitation are good," she said.

"Good luck with the future, gentlemen," County Court Judge Kellie Blair said to the pair, as she stepped off the bench at the end of hearing.

ABC posted:

Outside court, Sewell and Hersant told journalists they were innocent of the charges, despite entering guilty pleas.

They spouted homophobic and anti-Semitic slurs and walked off.

JFC, good loving job...

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

...meanwhile in Tasmania

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
goatse.tas

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Apparently the ABC has just handed over a bunch of footage from the Disrupt Burrup investigation to the cops.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I have to believe there is some federal or asio investigation to nab all of them that put pressure on the judge.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Spookydonut posted:

I have to believe there is some federal or asio investigation to nab all of them that put pressure on the judge.

this is in the Nazi case yeah?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and tarocash state

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NPR Journalizard posted:

Apparently the ABC has just handed over a bunch of footage from the Disrupt Burrup investigation to the cops.

Just yesterday they were still insisting they wouldn't reveal their confidential sources and were negotiating with the police over how much they'd give them but today they're refusing to clarify exactly what they handed over, which is not a great look

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hambeet posted:

and tarocash state

classic hambeet zinger

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

classic hambeet zinger

rumbled the squad at the spring racing carnival

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I know it's the "lol ABC" again but the ABC has published the lecture that Leigh Sales delivered recently for some invited talk. It's a real "Qanon and the Illuminati - a manifesto in 420 parts" vibe.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-27/leigh-sales-andrew-olle-lecture-losing-interest-news-journalism/103031930

I can summarise this in a few points:

:qq: Both sides :qq:

:qq: I'm just asking questions :qq:

Honestly some great insight into exactly why people don't trust the media/ABC these days. Objectivity isn't giving both sides 50/50 airtime, especially when relative merits of the sides are distinctly unequal. IMHO Leigh is part of the generation which has overseen the decline of media trust so I think the overall essay lacks self insight.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Well then at least one person read Bucky's medium post

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Good thing the Labor won that election now we're going to stop torturing refugees right?

ABC posted:

A teenager is among the first boat arrivals sent to Nauru in nine years

oh.

Love our political unity on torturing refugees, what's even the loving point if they walk in lockstep with the coalition on this and tax cuts and gently caress you Labor you spineless loving cunts.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

I know it's the "lol ABC" again but the ABC has published the lecture that Leigh Sales delivered recently for some invited talk. It's a real "Qanon and the Illuminati - a manifesto in 420 parts" vibe.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-27/leigh-sales-andrew-olle-lecture-losing-interest-news-journalism/103031930

I can summarise this in a few points:

:qq: Both sides :qq:

:qq: I'm just asking questions :qq:

Honestly some great insight into exactly why people don't trust the media/ABC these days. Objectivity isn't giving both sides 50/50 airtime, especially when relative merits of the sides are distinctly unequal. IMHO Leigh is part of the generation which has overseen the decline of media trust so I think the overall essay lacks self insight.

lmao Ita Buttrose was so butthurt by Leigh Sales using her parking spot, she wrote a note, stapled her business card to it, and then instructed security to get the details of the person who parked in her spot.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Aware posted:

medium post

In all seriousness, I’d love to know if this one reads different to the old one. I’ve edited the poo poo out of it in advance of giving it what’ll probably be one final push into the Q-watching community (and recording it). I think it's much cleaner and clearer.

edit - new title and header too. Except the preview doesn't loving load in twitter for some reason.

e 2 - would also love to know if there is anything in there that anyone would dispute

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 28, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i assune qld state election has been called bc there were a bunch of people with sign boards along a couple of major roads in my electorate for the labor member. entire gist was 'protecting qlds energy jobs' so im looking forward to a campaign of lnp relentlessly banging a big 'youth crime' drum while labor suck the poo poo out of bhps rear end in a top hat to try and avoid bleeding seats in regional areas

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i assune qld state election has been called bc there were a bunch of people with sign boards along a couple of major roads in my electorate for the labor member. entire gist was 'protecting qlds energy jobs' so im looking forward to a campaign of lnp relentlessly banging a big 'youth crime' drum while labor suck the poo poo out of bhps rear end in a top hat to try and avoid bleeding seats in regional areas

I don't think it has, but things are ramping up. The big issue QLD Labor has is that they aren't conservative enough for regional QLD, but not progressive enough for some of the metro areas.

The LNP has scored an absolutely massive own goal by backflipping on the pathway to treaty - combined with the backlash arising from Ian Leaver's comment it's setting the scene that the LNP are not the party of government and they just want to sit back and lay down sick owns in the culture war.

Last time I checked, the LNP were running a platform to recriminalise abortion in QLD which will absolutely not test well.

e: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-28/calls-for-more-action-to-address-alice-springs-crime-wave/103024262

The referendum's over! No one cares about Alice Springs anymore folks, don't wait for Dutton, Price, or the Progressive No's to come help!

Recoome fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 28, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the insane fundamentalist Christian wing of the qld lnp is so numerically insignifigant and not even relevant electorally and i genuinely dont know how they manage to wield as much influence as they do. i used to serve tim mander as a regular and i asked him what was up with that once and his response was 'i wish i knew'

i think he was happy that someone wanted to talk to him about politics and not refereeing decisions he made 30 years ago tbh. nobody seemed to give a poo poo he is a sitting member they just wanted to absolutely bollock him over some call that cost some team a premiership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Is anywhere taking bets on the next QLD Gov yet?