Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Twilight zone poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Biden is like the James Buchanan of WW3

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Israel, the people are begging you—pleading—please die

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Scarabrae posted:

I mean Bibi isn’t doing Jewish people any favors at all by tying Israeli interests to Jewish identity. And if they end up killing 2 million the backlash won’t care about anyone’s identity as an anti-zionist Jew.

Isn't that the old ploy, to terrify anti-Zionist Jews into supporting Israel because "they are going to come after you anyway?" I think it is falling apart, in part, it is clear who is actually supporting Israel and who isn't. There are now people all over the world, not just Palestinians or Muslims who are incensed by Israel and the US and they come from every background.

This isn't about Muslim versus Jews or non-Jews versus Jews, this is about humanity versus a cabal of maniacs.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

HallelujahLee posted:

Twilight Zone poo poo

More like Sundown Zone poo poo

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

The Palestinians can continue to live on ... reservations

Hey, just look at the Osage Nation that were forced to move to Oklahoma - the made tons of money from oil headrights! Please don't look into the subsequent Reign of Terror.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

NO ARTERIES ARE BEYOND OUR REACH

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i think the reason this one hits me differently from the rest of the slaughter and misery is that it’s not just that I can’t stop it - it’s that the people doing it are insisting that they’re doing it for me, and that I should be grateful for the genocide they’re carrying out.

I know that they’re lying about this being necessary for the survival of the Jewish people, but even if it were true, then we shouldn’t. better to have died than to have become this. better that we all burned in hitler’s fires. then we would have died unpolluted, at least.

I can’t put my son down. he’s asleep and I should put him in his crib, but I can’t put him down.

:smith: If it's any consolation, young Jews have come out in droves against Israel's actions in a way that is genuinely inspiring. I can't recall if it was here or in a tweet, but someone shared a text they got from their father that was along the lines of:

quote:

"I don't hate the jews anymore"
"Why is that?"
"I didn't know there were non-zionist jews"

And I think a lot people are coming to that realization (the last part, not the hating Jews part). Israel does not represent the Diaspora. When Israel was ethnically cleansing the children of Judeans from their homes, the Diaspora was improving the USSR and America. When Israel was helping to coup moderate Arab leaders, the Diaspora was at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement. When Israel was buddying up with Apartheid South Africa, the Diaspora had finished seeing an end to the Vietnam War. Judaism has a long and vibrant history of siding against the oppressors, and that cannot be corrupted by an Ethnosupremacy state. Justice, satire, and empathy defines Judaism, not desert McMansions, miltech fetishism, and racism.

American Jews under the age of 35 do not feel an allegiance to Israel, and so long as they continue to speak out against the injustices Israel is committing, they should not feel tainted. Zionism is on borrowed time.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I honestly don't think it's that incredibly unlikely the IDF got completely deflected on the first thrust. Hamas has had over a decade and a half to prepare fortifications, and Israel in its cruelty has left plenty of ruins along the border to use as cover as well. So, Israeli armor and transports just have to charge across flat open terrain into jagged skeletons of buildings where every single pile of rubble, every crater, every concrete-rebar spire could have a weapon team dug in behind it.

I was telling a friend about this, but I really feel like this is a big turning point for the Middle East. Israel is like a guy with a revolver taking a room full of people hostage - he can only keep control if he never starts shooting. With the US and EU tied up in Ukraine, and the US getting harassed throughout the Middle East now, I can't see how Israel comes out ahead after this, even if they realize their genocidal dream and drive the Palestinians into Egypt.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

jesus christ he is so old and so senile

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/SinaToossi/status/1718007168274690202

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mean Baby posted:

is cuckbollah gonna do anything. What is their raison d’etre other than to fight in this exact situation?

Sick of people sitting at home comfortably (fat, bald) criticizing people under arms fighting Zionists right now, like they know how to do it better.

Morbus posted:

Ultimately, Iran probably doesn't care that much about the plight of the Palestinians

Why do you think this?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

I honestly don't think it's that incredibly unlikely the IDF got completely deflected on the first thrust. Hamas has had over a decade and a half to prepare fortifications, and Israel in its cruelty has left plenty of ruins along the border to use as cover as well. So, Israeli armor and transports just have to charge across flat open terrain into jagged skeletons of buildings where every single pile of rubble, every crater, every concrete-rebar spire could have a weapon team dug in behind it.

I was telling a friend about this, but I really feel like this is a big turning point for the Middle East. Israel is like a guy with a revolver taking a room full of people hostage - he can only keep control if he never starts shooting. With the US and EU tied up in Ukraine, and the US getting harassed throughout the Middle East now, I can't see how Israel comes out ahead after this, even if they realize their genocidal dream and drive the Palestinians into Egypt.

My (uneducated) fear at this point is that the only thing holding Israel back at the moment is they are waiting for more munitions from the west. Enough so they can literally level Gaza while still having enough to deter the countries around them.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Call a general jihad and destroy the Nazi state.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

hubris.height posted:

gently caress i hate these mother fuckers so much

can we give them the same treatment as led zeppelin and david bowie

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Nuke Israel

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Et tu, India?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i guess i'm pretty uninformed because i have no idea how the houthis could reach israel

from boats in the red sea...?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

:thunk:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
new guinea???

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My (uneducated) fear at this point is that the only thing holding Israel back at the moment is they are waiting for more munitions from the west. Enough so they can literally level Gaza while still having enough to deter the countries around them.

Funny thing about those munitions from the West

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i guess i'm pretty uninformed because i have no idea how the houthis could reach israel

let me tell you about a little program called v2…

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

While the US was jerking itself off in the GWOT and in Ukraine, Iran armed everybody in the area with long range tactical missiles, ATGMs, MANPADs, and strike drones. The Houthis have all of those.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i dunno what they got kickin around down there

e: ty

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

wow this band sucks

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Funny thing about those munitions from the West

Scalpers ruining yet another market!

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Weka posted:

Why do you think this?

Maybe I'm cynical, but when push comes to shove I think the military and administrative leadership in Iran are probably most concerned about their own strategic position vs. Israel and the US, and the regional balance of power. That is the lens through which they view their support of Hamas.

Even then, I think it's clear enough that they should intervene more forcefully, but I don't think they are making decisions based primarily on the injustice of the situation.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Eritrea Minister of Information denies claim of a strike in the country against IOF listening posts
https://twitter.com/hawelti/status/1717797241187082623?s=20

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Morbus posted:

Maybe I'm cynical, but when push comes to shove I think the military and administrative leadership in Iran are probably most concerned about their own strategic position vs. Israel and the US, and the regional balance of power. That is the lens through which they view their support of Hamas.

Even then, I think it's clear enough that they should intervene more forcefully, but I don't think they are making decisions based primarily on the injustice of the situation.

Their own strategic position is closely tied to being seen as a leader of middle-eastern resistance to US/western imperialism by popular movements and militias all over the middle east and if they just watch while Israel murders Gaza, that wrecks their credibility and influence.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

Twilight zone poo poo

weird rear end 1994 president

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
I've been trying to quickly educate myself of historical contexts, the reasons behind all this and just watching it unfold all day and I honestly just feel defeated and sick. All of the sleight of hand, obvious propaganda; dehumanizing of Palestinians and just painting Israel as being this poor, decimated population absolutely fearing for their lives.

I'm more astounded how many of my friends and adults in general are buying into it. And that dumb loving narrative of anti-zionism is anti-semitism,,, saying anything bad against israel means you hate jews!! is EVERYWHERE. I loving lost a friend I've had for over a decade because I shared an article that god-forbid; reported about Palestine neutrally and had the audacity to point out what Israel had done in the last day. All the politicians speaking in explicit, geocidal "we'll wipe them off the map!!" terms and NO ONE IS BATTING AN EYE. God I'm just afraid to wake up tomorrow and see what more horrible poo poo has happened.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Quds News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
#BREAKING| Hundreds of Jewish Americans, calling for a ceasefire in #Gaza have been arrested at Grand Central Station in #NY.
(from t.me/QudsNen/84354, via tgsa)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Gaylor Moon posted:

I've been trying to quickly educate myself of historical contexts, the reasons behind of all this and just watching it unfold all day and I honestly just feel defeated and sick. All of the sleight of hand, obvious propaganda; dehumanizing of Palestinians and just painting Israel as being this poor, decimated population absolutely fearing for their lives.

I'm more astounded how many of my friends and adults in general are buying into it. And that dumb loving narrative of anti-zionism is anti-semitism,,, saying anything bad against israel means you hate jews!! is EVERYWHERE. I loving lost a friend I've had for over a decade because I shared an article that god-forbid; reported about Palestine neutrally and had the audacity to point out what Israel had done in the last day. All the politicians speaking in explicit, geocidal "we'll wipe them off the map!!" terms and NO ONE IS BATTING AN EYE. God I'm just afraid to wake up tomorrow and see what more horrible poo poo has happened.

It's because people love living in the imperial core and look for anything to help them rationalize their position at the top of a pile of slaves and corpses, op. They're consuming that content the way I consume antacid after eating too many burritos.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Neurolimal posted:

:smith: If it's any consolation, young Jews have come out in droves against Israel's actions in a way that is genuinely inspiring. I can't recall if it was here or in a tweet, but someone shared a text they got from their father that was along the lines of:

And I think a lot people are coming to that realization (the last part, not the hating Jews part). Israel does not represent the Diaspora. When Israel was ethnically cleansing the children of Judeans from their homes, the Diaspora was improving the USSR and America. When Israel was helping to coup moderate Arab leaders, the Diaspora was at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement. When Israel was buddying up with Apartheid South Africa, the Diaspora had finished seeing an end to the Vietnam War. Judaism has a long and vibrant history of siding against the oppressors, and that cannot be corrupted by an Ethnosupremacy state. Justice, satire, and empathy defines Judaism, not desert McMansions, miltech fetishism, and racism.

American Jews under the age of 35 do not feel an allegiance to Israel, and so long as they continue to speak out against the injustices Israel is committing, they should not feel tainted. Zionism is on borrowed time.

zionism is a complete surrender to antisemites and nazis and i think more people are finally realizing it. it doesnt make you strong to agree with the people burning down synagogues that you are an incompatible other that can never survive alongside gentiles, and it doesnt make you endearing to rend your garments and collapse into hysterics whenever someone says anything bad about a country you dont live in. the quickest way to lose any sympathy for israelis is to meet one of them face to face and experience the kind of cruel and racist tirades they explode into the second they think theyre in sympathetic company

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind

Fansy has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Oct 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug