Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
india, PNG and... paraguay?!

no surprises that US vassals all abstained

iraq and tunisia apparently abstained because they support a one state solution but i feel like getting a ceasefire asap is the first step

crepeface has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
LOL a 2 state solution after this.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WarWatchs/status/1717974514338869347?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1718060639904579992

Their propaganda is already getting people killed

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Cowardly australia painted piss-yellow, fitting

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

about a year ago I realized a two state solution is essentially just an apartheid solution. there is only a one state solution of Palestine.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Wow if only there was some sort of force to keep the peace.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Blackhawk posted:

Cowardly australia painted piss-yellow, fitting

NZ always making us look worse in comparison

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Maybe... Israel is the bad guy?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

American Jews under the age of 35 do not feel an allegiance to Israel, and so long as they continue to speak out against the injustices Israel is committing, they should not feel tainted. Zionism is on borrowed time.

As far as I'm concerned Israeli and Jew are two entirely separate identities at this point and any attempt by the former to mantle the latter must be treated with blatant contempt

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AstroLoay/status/1718017525185966446?s=20
gda
gdi

Morbus
May 18, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

Their own strategic position is closely tied to being seen as a leader of middle-eastern resistance to US/western imperialism by popular movements and militias all over the middle east and if they just watch while Israel murders Gaza, that wrecks their credibility and influence.

Yes I agree, which is why I think even a cynical, self-interested calculation forces them to do something. But there are costs to a strong intervention, including depleting proxy forces they have spent decades building up, and inviting attacks by the US. If they are shitters (and never underestimate the ability of any national leadership to be shitters when it comes to Palestine), they may go for a calibrated response, large enough to point to as a symbolic victory, without requiring a sustained war effort or being significant enough to draw more than a similarly symbolic response from the US.

I think the US is going to bomb them eventually anyway, and now is their opportunity to change the situation on the ground for the next century.

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018

really queer Christmas posted:

The rest of your post is fine... really going to need you to elaborate on this bit...

FirstnameLastname posted:

arabs are semitic too dummy

dont call yourself an anti-semite to own your detractors lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

A world without anti-semitism is a world where Israel has no excuse to exist at all.

FirstnameLastname posted:

arabs are semitic too dummy

dont call yourself an anti-semite to own your detractors lol

Apologies just yelling into the void.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1718060639904579992

Their propaganda is already getting people killed

then TEAR THEM DOWN dont just take a picture for social media, jesus

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

As far as complaining about Iran/Hezbollah not doing enough. Keep in mind, both have been fighting America/Israel for over 40 years. Both have been internationally isolated. Iran has been supporting forces fighting the US in the region from Yemen to Palestine for a long time and usually the only country doing so. Lebanon has gotten proper hosed lately by both circumstances and Israel/America, but Hezbollah has been keeping pressure in the North. I can't think of a country that has aided the Palestinian cause more than Iran under extremely limited material circumstances. There's not much reason to waste energy trying to ponder how pure the motivations of some imaginary Iranian leaders are in this context. Sounds like some useless lib poo poo to me.

As it is I seem to recall from books on the revolution that Iranian hardliners have been fairly consistent since the beginning in the 70s of seeing their Islamic revolution as a movement they expected to export elsewhere. They aren't like the Taliban whose focus was generally local as Iranian leaders had a global perspective. You can debate the merits of spreading those values abroad, but their motivations and commitment have been consistent.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please pray for them. I know not everyone here believes in a God but we all want to believe in justice. Pray for Gaza and pray for justice.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I posted “from the river to the sea” on X (Formally Twitter) and someone responded with “do you know that means the destruction of Israel???” like it was some kind of trump card. They blocked immediately when I responded with “absolutely.”

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Oct 28, 2023

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Al! posted:

they wrap those things with like 30 layers of tape just so you cant do this unless you have the foresight to bring a knife and are comfortable enough hacking away at a street light in public

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Malleum posted:

they wrap those things with like 30 layers of tape just so you cant do this unless you have the foresight to bring a knife and are comfortable enough hacking away at a street light in public

well my second thought is big black marker, or tape something over it? idk seems like he has the opportunity to do something about it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

Even earlier today rockets have not been intercepted and achieving direct hits. Seems like either the Iron dome is running out of interceptors/missiles or saving them for bigger attacks from Hezbollah

If I recall a couple days ago there was mention of the USA sending over 2 more launchers and all 300 iron dome missile interceptors held in reserve (so, everything). If there are more than 300 lawnmower engines available I imagine that would get depleted quickly and there are simply no more replacements.

Wonder how long before Israeli airfields are essentially open to the flying lawnmower menace.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

FuzzySlippers posted:

As far as complaining about Iran/Hezbollah not doing enough. Keep in mind, both have been fighting America/Israel for over 40 years. Both have been internationally isolated. Iran has been supporting forces fighting the US in the region from Yemen to Palestine for a long time and usually the only country doing so. Lebanon has gotten proper hosed lately by both circumstances and Israel/America, but Hezbollah has been keeping pressure in the North. I can't think of a country that has aided the Palestinian cause more than Iran under extremely limited material circumstances. There's not much reason to waste energy trying to ponder how pure the motivations of some imaginary Iranian leaders are in this context. Sounds like some useless lib poo poo to me.

As it is I seem to recall from books on the revolution that Iranian hardliners have been fairly consistent since the beginning in the 70s of seeing their Islamic revolution as a movement they expected to export elsewhere. They aren't like the Taliban whose focus was generally local as Iranian leaders had a global perspective. You can debate the merits of spreading those values abroad, but their motivations and commitment have been consistent.

That’s all well and good but I have to think the old sxe saying applies here: “if you’re not now, you never were”

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
This loving sucks

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1718065423990579544

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Yes, Cuck, and Cucked

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Allah, please.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Al! posted:

that guy is an almost GetFiscal, hell he might be as good at this point.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Blarghalt posted:

As far as I'm concerned Israeli and Jew are two entirely separate identities at this point and any attempt by the former to mantle the latter must be treated with blatant contempt

Considering how Israel has treated some Jews (Ethiopian and Arab come to mind), I would hope people would do the same at this point.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

time for another accidental shelling

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Strep Vote posted:

Allah, please.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

DancingShade posted:

If I recall a couple days ago there was mention of the USA sending over 2 more launchers and all 300 iron dome missile interceptors held in reserve (so, everything). If there are more than 300 lawnmower engines available I imagine that would get depleted quickly and there are simply no more replacements.

Wonder how long before Israeli airfields are essentially open to the flying lawnmower menace.

It would be funny if the US started then depleting its Patriot stockpile as well.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiaUusr7YdY

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a friend in the US north east shared with me how her imam recently lost family in Gaza recently and still took on the duty to console and protect their Muslim community

my heart aches deeply

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

that guy is an almost GetFiscal, hell he might be as good at this point.

he's more obviously a jokester, top tier poster

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Rubellavator posted:

time for another accidental shelling

They wont even pretend its an accident. They dont need to.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Dti and dta is all I can say at this point.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

This is why guterres is doing so little, the bootlickers can't even stand that

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/27/opinions/un-antonio-guterres-israel-hamas-palestine-ghitis/index.html

tfa posted:

Any word is held up against the light of history, and it resonates with a power that only the most skilled and experienced can fully calibrate.
It's one of the reasons why President Joe Biden, with half a century of experience in the Middle East, has known how to speak to Israelis in a way that allows them to trust him and listen to his advice, while Guterres clumsily created even more problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvfw8jqKm60

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Morbus posted:

Maybe I'm cynical, but when push comes to shove I think the military and administrative leadership in Iran are probably most concerned about their own strategic position vs. Israel and the US, and the regional balance of power. That is the lens through which they view their support of Hamas.

Even then, I think it's clear enough that they should intervene more forcefully, but I don't think they are making decisions based primarily on the injustice of the situation.

I think your first paragraph is correct I just don't think it implies they don't care about the fate of the Palestinian people. Like they could just normalize relations slowly if they weren't committed to genuine resistance. Sure they prioritize their own country but really do put themselves on the line to support Hamas who don't exactly have the potential of Ansur Allah etc to fight USA's imperialism.
As to your second paragraph, I have a great deal of respect generally for your ideas but it is insane to me to criticize the lynch pin of on the ground resistance to America. They have been fighting and beating Hamburgeristan all over the region, I think the are the world's number one expert in how to do it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hell of a thumbnail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

TheSlutPit posted:

That’s all well and good but I have to think the old sxe saying applies here: “if you’re not now, you never were”

I don't know what you mean. Is this about Iran being bad for not using their vast instant resources to invade Israel immediately? They don't have like space marines that can drop at a moment's notice anywhere in the globe. There are reports they've been moving forces to Syria via Russian bases to avoid them getting bombed by America/Israel enroute. They can't nuke Tel Aviv with a missile they don't have after Israel and the US have disrupted all their weapons programs for decades. Their air force is still leftover Shah planes and what they've figured out on their own in the decades since. They have material constraints.

Even the US despite spending an unknowable infinite Lovecraftian amount of money per year on their military is going to take months to do anything of consequence (of course most of that goes to graft but the point stands). 21st century warfare is 20th century warfare except people tweet while they wait for their transportation. It's still pretty slow.