Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

Yeah the article mentions them being able to deploy ahead of the front lines due to their fancy sensor web, so guess you can forward deploy some marines in land raiders to grab early objectives.

i was expressing scorn for that distinction rather than confusion, mb for being unclear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Cease to Hope posted:

i was expressing scorn for that distinction rather than confusion, mb for being unclear

Ah no bother, was trying to figure out the difference myself as I haven’t played standard 30k.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In standard 30k there is a real divide between the regular land raiders and the explorator. Both versions start with two lascannon sponsons with the option of taking an additional hull mounted weapon and the usual pintle upgrades. The carrier has more capacity (12 models) and has an assault ramp which is crucial for melee units. The explorator has less capacity (8 models) and no front assault ramp, but gains Scout (pre-game 12" move/redeployment or the option to outflank), an augury web (two modes - re-roll friendly reserve rolls or apply a -1 to enemy rolls), and the option to purchase a vox disruptor array (can disrupt incoming deep strikes). The explorator is more expensive and to be honest rarely gets taken. It's a pricy support piece and doesn't complement many units, especially with the low transport capacity.

I have no idea how any of this will translate to Legions Imperialis. I'm willing to bet there'll be a standard land raider kit though. It's odd they weren't able to make them a dual kit as the only major difference is the front end.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 27, 2023

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Speaking of Underworlds

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 28, 2023

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Crackbone posted:

Speaking of Underworlds

Heyy, very nice! They look great - and (very appropriately) spooky, too!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Crackbone posted:

Speaking of Underworlds

That's a nice scheme - the contrast looks great

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
First glimpse of actual rules. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/30/old-world-almanack-your-first-look-at-the-rules/

Sounds interesting? 4 magic sub-phases might get a bit complicated, depending on how it works, if you roll for winds once and have to manage the dice through all 4 phases or you roll for them in each phase or they might just get rid of rolling for winds altogether and have a completely different system.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Old World :dogcited:

They've already said that the magic phase is gone and that we'll be getting a different system. There probably won't be an army-wide pool of dice. My guess is that it'll be a simple 2d6 test, probably with wizard level factored in to make things easier for higher levels. Dispelling will just be an opposing roll, maybe with some other stuff factored in. Characters might be limited on how many spells they can cast/dispel. Or maybe they just get to roll with everything they know. This is all speculation, but I'm definitely excited to see more rules.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Looks neat. But will they bring back the Tomb Kings :thunk:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The article uses an example tomb kings enchantment so it sounds like it

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Yes. They aren't even listed as 'Evil' anymore! Moral ambiguity awaits!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Looks neat. But will they bring back the Tomb Kings :thunk:

You've missed out on the new tomb kings mini they've already shown

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Lucinice posted:

You've missed out on the new tomb kings mini they've already shown

I can't wait to paint those mummy nips!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Yes. They aren't even listed as 'Evil' anymore! Moral ambiguity awaits!

Hmm. No lizardmen, dark elfs, ogres, daemons, skaven, or vampires.

Tomb kings were "non-aligned" along with ogres in 8th edition.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Leperflesh posted:

Tomb kings were "non-aligned" along with ogres in 8th edition.

All the factions will get rules, but the ones listed on that chart are the ones who are going to have narrative focus and the most attention at first.

For the Timeline Old World takes place just before Asavar Kul's Chaos Invasion. So if you are wondering why Vampires are not getting involved it's because they seemed pretty crushed at this point.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm actually kinda happy that my Dark Elves are unlisted also-rans, because it doesn't mean endless tweaks and new units.

But I'm probably starting Beastmen because yay endless tweaks! New units!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I am certainly willing to re-purpose my chaos warriors from AoS to this if I can convince any of my friends to play. I much prefer the WHFB setting to the nebulous planescape of AoS.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is actually genius. They don't need to launch any new lines, they can just cancel a major product line and bring them back every decade.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

It's pretty hard to line up the massively popular video game adaptations as you're cancelling/ reviving though

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Skaven wen

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Who knows, they are massively undersupported in AoS right now which mystifies me. They are so loving cool and ripe for new awesome models.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

3d printing has been a complete disappointment because nobody is making space skaven :mad:

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

3d printing has been a complete disappointment because nobody is making space skaven :mad:

Imagine a clan of shapechanger skaven. They can choose to look like any human faction and use human models. But they keep their skaven stats, weapons and special rules. And they can still only talk and behave like skaven.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Why don't you just use Mantic's

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
There’s at least one Leagues of Votann with Skaven heads army out there, and it works really well.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Eediot Jedi posted:

It's pretty hard to line up the massively popular video game adaptations as you're cancelling/ reviving though

The massively popular video game adaptation that now seems to be coming near the end of it’s supported lifespan no less.

The timing of the whole business is truly comical

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Notably, all of these factions are AOS factions. Lizardmen just got a big model refresh, even.

lol that delfs, ogres, demons, and skaven are still using a ton of models from the WHFB period though

MonsterEnvy posted:

For the Timeline Old World takes place just before Asavar Kul's Chaos Invasion. So if you are wondering why Vampires are not getting involved it's because they seemed pretty crushed at this point.

Eh, if they wanted vampires, they could easily pull a "somehow, Vlad returned again". I think it has more to do with the fact that they're already pushing one army full of skeletons for TOW.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Just introduce new characters. It's always morally acceptable.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Try looking for "Space Rats", I assure you they're out there.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

3 Action Economist posted:

Try looking for "Space Rats", I assure you they're out there.

Or Cheesestealer Cults

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Or Cheesestealer Cults

:golfclap:

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Lumbermouth posted:

Or Cheesestealer Cults

:dance:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

As well, there's at least one maker on MMF (I forget which one at the moment) that are doing Space Skaven with a bit of an AdMech flair. I think they're called "Scavenger Rats" or some such.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

GhastlyBizness posted:

The massively popular video game adaptation that now seems to be coming near the end of it’s supported lifespan no less.

The timing of the whole business is truly comical

Well theoretically Total War Warhammer 3 is supposed to get years of support but there's a chance the developers won't last past 202r.

Unless you meant vermintide 2 then yeah it's almost done.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just got Novitiate and Pathfinder kill team boxes, what's the best way to build them?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As well, there's at least one maker on MMF (I forget which one at the moment) that are doing Space Skaven with a bit of an AdMech flair. I think they're called "Scavenger Rats" or some such.

Station forge Raticus

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-raticus-grunts-312721

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

That's the one! I've got a ton of their other models, you'd think I would've remembered that :v:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

StashAugustine posted:

Just got Novitiate and Pathfinder kill team boxes, what's the best way to build them?

Plastic glue. :rimshot:

I did a commission for a Pathfinder team, and they sent me this guide to build them which is the "optimal" team I think: https://www.reddit.com/r/killteam/comments/t22yv5/guide_assembly_guide_for_the_chalnath_tau/

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

lol I saw those the other day and completely forgot them immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This guy does a few on MMF for the Cheesestealer Cult. The same designer also has a bunch of the solar auxilia and whatnot for the new epic game as well.

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/ThatEvilOne/collection/cheesestealer-cult