Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

i am a moron posted:

Isn’t the PACs crowning playoffs achievement when Oregon got loving waxed by OSU in the championship

This would be an incredible moment in any football team's history (Except for Florida State, of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8FDiGltpv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It still kind of sucks that we didn’t get Oregon vs Bama in like 2010 when those teams were polar opposites and Bama hadn’t even found out yet that they couldn’t cope with tempo and 4 verticals

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Personally I think the funniest outcome is if Michigan blows those team out, proving that they are convincingly better, then goes on to get embarrassed in round one of the playoffs by, let’s say, Washington, proving that the whole Big 10 is just different degrees of garbage.

:hmmyes:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thermos H Christ posted:

It still kind of sucks that we didn’t get Oregon vs Bama in like 2010 when those teams were polar opposites and Bama hadn’t even found out yet that they couldn’t cope with tempo and 4 verticals

OTOH, Paul Finebaum was a hoot the next day.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Remember last year when the third best team in the Big Ten cruised to a comfortable win over the Pac 12 champ?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Relatable

https://twitter.com/brianmfloyd/status/1718046598037725556?s=46

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sash! posted:

Remember last year when the third best team in the Big Ten cruised to a comfortable win over the Pac 12 champ?

I remember last year when the best team in the Big Ten lost to the Big 12 runner up, who had just been beaten by Kansas State.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
They were cheating. The actual best B10 team had a helluva game in the real championship

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i am a moron posted:

The levels of UM fan cope is off the loving charts right now lmao

Hope the NCAA/B10 eviscerate the program and run Harbaugh out of college football

it doesn't seem like the cheating really mattered because michigan was one of the most talented teams in the ncaa and still failed to win a championship despite knowing what plays were coming and being favored over at least one of their two playoff matchups

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

it doesn't seem like the cheating really mattered because michigan was one of the most talented teams in the ncaa and still failed to win a championship despite knowing what plays were coming and being favored over at least one of their two playoff matchups

Conversely, maybe the cheating mattered because one of the most talented teams in the NCAA is actually an 8-4 or 9-3 team without the cheating.

The fact they got bamboozled by TCU only reinforces the premise that Michigan is merely a good, not great team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah lol can you call Michigan one of the most talented teams in the NCAA when they got flattened by Max Duggan when they didn't have their hacks

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Harbaugh could not win big games until he enlisted the aid of Cpt Conor Stalions. Interesting

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tcu was also really good last season, i don't think that's a crazy thing

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Declan MacManus posted:

let them cope

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after reading the evidence, the conclusion is clear: the only reason michigan is good is because they cheated and their program should be eliminated.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I want Michigan to win it all

e: dang they're on bye week, so is Arkansas, need to figure out what to watch tomorrow

CloFan fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 28, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CloFan posted:

I want Michigan to win it all

e: dang they're on bye week, so is Arkansas, need to figure out what to watch tomorrow

How much of a sicko are you, I'm sure we can suggest something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

after reading the evidence, the conclusion is clear: the only reason michigan is good is because they cheated and their program should be eliminated.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The watch grid is fuckin brutal tomorrow, only two green games:

https://www.jasonkirk.fyi/p/watch-grid-it-just-means-more

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Duke - Louisville should be green

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Duke - Louisville should be green

This along with OSU/Arizona and Air Force/CSU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does anybody know what happened to Lessail? The UNLV homer should be ecstatic that they're doing so good, but there have been no posts since the Golden Knights won the Stanley Cup.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
There's a Charlotte vs. FAU game in, and apparently the deranged looking old guy in the sleeveless shirt is the Charlotte coach. He's also a billionaire hedge fund ghoul.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Put some respect on Biff Poggi's name

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
UNC-Charlotte's a weird program, what with their stadium named after disgraced ex-Panthers owner Jerry Richardson.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Edward Mass posted:

Does anybody know what happened to Lessail? The UNLV homer should be ecstatic that they're doing so good, but there have been no posts since the Golden Knights won the Stanley Cup.

I’m happy for Barry Odom (and I guess also former Mizzou linebacker Sherer, the DC) for having UNLV 6-1. He was never going to work at an SEC school for his first head coaching job but he is having a good year now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Also Biff is a sion of The Run

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

TCU had a rabbit's foot around their neck, a four leaf clover in their hand, a horseshoe all the way up their rear end, and an albatross guiding them to victories last year.

Run into that and try to steal their signs and it doesn't matter if you're not Georgia. Or rather funnily K-State the second time around.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Stalions is a Manchurian candidate.

Michigan Manchurian candidate

Cthulu Carl posted:

This would be an incredible moment in any football team's history (Except for Florida State, of course)

I had to work during the National Championship, and only followed by text updates, so I never watched that Ohio State game. And still haven’t. That Rose Bowl, though? Always a fun one to re-watch the highlights of.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

The watch grid is fuckin brutal tomorrow, only two green games:

https://www.jasonkirk.fyi/p/watch-grid-it-just-means-more

i was wondering why Fresno State vs UNLV was listed as must watch and UNLV went 6-1 when no one was looking (rip Lessail)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I can’t believe that Michigan stole Bama’s signs and gave them to the Vols to keep the tide out of the natty last year. Those monsters.

I do like the implication that they just stole from goddamn everybody and doled it out anywhere that would help their odds, see: SCAR v Vols.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Komet posted:

Conversely, maybe the cheating mattered because one of the most talented teams in the NCAA is actually an 8-4 or 9-3 team without the cheating.

The fact they got bamboozled by TCU only reinforces the premise that Michigan is merely a good, not great team

In addition to being better than cowardly LSU, sounds like Tulane was better than the big 12 and B1G last year.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Personally I think the funniest outcome is if Michigan blows those team out, proving that they are convincingly better, then goes on to get embarrassed in round one of the playoffs by, let’s say, one of the worst Alabama/Georgia teams of the past decade, proving that the whole Big 10 is just different degrees of garbage.

Also Harbaugh is show-caused just about as his tenure as Bears HC ends in flames.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

I can’t believe that Michigan stole Bama’s signs and gave them to the Vols to keep the tide out of the natty last year. Those monsters.

I do like the implication that they just stole from goddamn everybody and doled it out anywhere that would help their odds, see: SCAR v Vols.

Nothing would come of it but if it was proven that the two biggest games in recent memory for SCAR (UT/Clemson) that they got so puffed up about were because they cheated with help from Michigan I’d never stop laughing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I understand that the subject matter itself is not funny, but the Oregon fans taunting Jameis with NOOOO MEAANSSSS NOOOOOOO in the tune of the Florida State chant is one of the funniest things I remember

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nearly ten years later I still can’t work out the physics of that fumble

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would like to say good morning to all you beautiful individuals and that the Florida gators are bad and no good and I hope they lose.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would like to say good morning to all you beautiful individuals and that the Florida gators are bad and no good and I hope they lose.

Don’t worry I’m sure we will oblige.

Go Gata.

I’ll be at a wedding so hopefully we can get some of that cocktail party magic.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Nearly ten years later I still can’t work out the physics of that fumble

I was actively texting a friend who was a firm Jameis believer, a surefire NFL star in the making, and that happened mere minutes later

loving glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

LeeMajors posted:

Don’t worry I’m sure we will oblige.

Go Gata.

I’ll be at a wedding so hopefully we can get some of that cocktail party magic.

I have a friend who's interested in watching college football so I've been sending him the watch grid every week to kind of guide him on what's worth following. He knows I'm a Gator fan so asked me "Oh shouldn't Florida v Georgia be a good game?"

No. No it will not. I'm not even going to be around to watch it.