Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nope, prepare your goodbyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

Don’t waste the mats on WT3.

nah the mats are not hard to come by, if a unique is good for your build it is worth it to farm for it in WT3 a few times

the unique effects are what you want, the stat differences between sacred and ancestral are not that big of a deal. you'll be farming wt4 bosses and get an ancestral version anyway. what else are you gonna do?

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 28, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

obi_ant posted:

Should I drop down to world tier 3 to kill some Uber bosses, I’m currently level 75 and don’t do any damage to them in world tier 4. Or should I just keep grinding and level up until I’m able to do so in world tier 4.

Do a world boss and get some 925 level junk. I would also wait because the rewards aren't going to be great on wt3 when you're already getting ancestrals.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Should I drop down to world tier 3 to kill some Uber bosses, I’m currently level 75 and don’t do any damage to them in world tier 4. Or should I just keep grinding and level up until I’m able to do so in world tier 4.

group up? I haven't tried them yet and just hit 75.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Ehud posted:

how is everyone's fashion in season 2

Already crossed thousands of demons off my naughty list.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Ehud posted:

ok ok im going to start playing again

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Refund all buttons for paragon boards.

best change in the lot

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Ehud posted:

i present DrMorbius

it’s hard to do recreation in this creator. i did the face and hair after Leto, the red gloves to represent the movie still where he is holding the blood orb, and the blue shirt/pants + black boots from the animation. title is going to be ‘eternal vampire’ because Living isn’t a prefix

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

harrygomm posted:

i present DrMorbius

it’s hard to do recreation in this creator. i did the face and hair after Leto, the red gloves to represent the movie still where he is holding the blood orb, and the blue shirt/pants + black boots from the animation. title is going to be ‘eternal vampire’ because Living isn’t a prefix

:perfect:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This is Lvl67 Krossen. He loves to Guaranteed Weapon-Switch Overpower Upheaval so much he is running two basic skills and increased attack speed so he can trigger one every 3 seconds. His favourite pastime is atomizing dungeon bosses in one hit, but it always makes his fur coat red and he doesn't like that. Krossen wrote a little letter for you saying he really loves Season 2 and is having very much fun.

EDIT: vvv lol vvv

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 28, 2023

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Croissant

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I feel like I'm missing something important. If I want to farm for Flickerstep, Google says I need to just fight Duriel and hope for the best. Google also says to do that I need to do WT4 world bosses. 3 of those should get me 1 Duriel encounter. That seems incredibly slow for what's supposed to be "farming." Am I missing something that Googling isn't telling me? And for that matter, I'm not getting any purified blood from the Legion Events for re-fighting Zir. Am I missing something there too? Admittedly I'm still low 60s in level but I'm handling all this stuff fine because of the ridiculous Sorc ball build.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DaveKap posted:

I feel like I'm missing something important. If I want to farm for Flickerstep, Google says I need to just fight Duriel and hope for the best. Google also says to do that I need to do WT4 world bosses. 3 of those should get me 1 Duriel encounter. That seems incredibly slow for what's supposed to be "farming." Am I missing something that Googling isn't telling me? And for that matter, I'm not getting any purified blood from the Legion Events for re-fighting Zir. Am I missing something there too? Admittedly I'm still low 60s in level but I'm handling all this stuff fine because of the ridiculous Sorc ball build.

That sounds about right, if you party up only one player needs the mats to spawn Duriel so if you had 4 players you’d only each need to have enough for 1 spawn to get 4 cracks at it.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Bisse posted:

This is Lvl67 Krossen. He loves to Guaranteed Weapon-Switch Overpower Upheaval so much he is running two basic skills and increased attack speed so he can trigger one every 3 seconds. His favourite pastime is atomizing dungeon bosses in one hit, but it always makes his fur coat red and he doesn't like that. Krossen wrote a little letter for you saying he really loves Season 2 and is having very much fun.

EDIT: vvv lol vvv

More of the barb outfits need to share this aesthetic, where he's this hulking armoured monster. Too many of them lean into the Conan the Barbarian kinda look which is fine, but I want more of this look!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Whoever gave Necros crop tops is my new bff

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Retrowave Joe posted:

Already crossed thousands of demons off my naughty list.

lol this owns

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DaveKap posted:

Yeah it's meant to be slow unfortunately, it's no accident that they gated Duriel behind the Helltide boss.

For fighting Zir again the materials only drop from Legion events if you get all three chests at the end

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

It's actually pronounced "Croissant".

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
World bosses also drop stuff for Zir, I got three bloods from one of them.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how is barb this season, wife wants to reroll and try druid and i havent played barb yet. i know its "ranked" worst

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Finally got a gravitational at level 58. Think I should save it for WT4?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

EC posted:

Whoever gave Necros crop tops is my new bff

Mine too! Love that look, named my first Necro Prince in fact.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I was swimming in gravitationals that’s wild it took so long. Slap it on an amulet now and rip

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

George H.W. oval office posted:

I was swimming in gravitationals that’s wild it took so long. Slap it on an amulet now and rip

I have the worst luck with these things.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Druid is a better barb than barb

Imho

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

euphronius posted:

Druid is a better barb than barb

Imho

In every single way :colbert:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Are the map rewards broken? I keep finishing tier 3 on the maps where it gives you gold and a skill point. It doesn't give me anything when I click claim. It's done this for 3 of them so far.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Tempted to try barb (i stopped at 50 on an s0/eternal char) again after I do this necro but I'll probably just do another rogue or sorc again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I’ve realized something annoying. In D3 seasons, I could try several different builds by swapping equips, usually getting a set was enough. The nightmare gems usually weren’t a problem with a lot being shared in builds, but if I recall correctly they also carried over between characters

With Paragon boards it feels like I can really mess up a build semi permanently? Right now I’m going down the path of overpower blood surge necro and getting the boards and glyphs set up to support that. If I want to try bone spear it’s not just getting the right aspects, I need to probably do my board over too no

Not the biggest problem in the world but I wanted to try out swapping some skills around and I feel like I went ALL in this time

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i got a basic grav / arc lash / crit setup rolling with sacred wt3 gear and it’s like 10x better than my chain lit build. it’s incredible and i don’t even have anywhere near optimal rolls.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Philthy posted:

Are the map rewards broken? I keep finishing tier 3 on the maps where it gives you gold and a skill point. It doesn't give me anything when I click claim. It's done this for 3 of them so far.

It should be giving you the gold at least, but if you had previously gotten the skill point on another character in the past it’s auto-unlocked for new ones at level 1.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok I’ve realized something annoying. In D3 seasons, I could try several different builds by swapping equips, usually getting a set was enough. The nightmare gems usually weren’t a problem with a lot being shared in builds, but if I recall correctly they also carried over between characters

With Paragon boards it feels like I can really mess up a build semi permanently? Right now I’m going down the path of overpower blood surge necro and getting the boards and glyphs set up to support that. If I want to try bone spear it’s not just getting the right aspects, I need to probably do my board over too no

Not the biggest problem in the world but I wanted to try out swapping some skills around and I feel like I went ALL in this time

It'll get a little bit better when the 2nd patch hits you can wipe the full board but yeah its a bit more involved redoing a whole paragon board if you're deep into it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Vegastar posted:

It should be giving you the gold at least, but if you had previously gotten the skill point on another character in the past it’s auto-unlocked for new ones at level 1.

Ah, perfect! Yeah, I did everything way back on launch.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ehud posted:

Fuckboy sorcerer, fuckboy druid and [fuckgirl?] rogue. No I didn't buy it but god drat are those hotpants shameless, especially since the male version is just full length leather trousers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

queeb posted:

how is barb this season, wife wants to reroll and try druid and i havent played barb yet. i know its "ranked" worst
I made a Walking Arsenal barb for S2 and it is amazing. I'm not at my computer right now to get details on all my poo poo, but with the right aspects and vamp abilities you can get your attack speed up to plaid and it is hilarious because also one shot most things, too. I can post more details if you are curious.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm going hard on a frenzy barb and it's pretty great even if it's not optimal. Looking to see how it turns out with a couple uniques.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

I'm going hard on a frenzy barb and it's pretty great even if it's not optimal. Looking to see how it turns out with a couple uniques.
Please post a trip report Icy Fisty, I've been curious about trying out Frenzy with all the attack speed modifiers I have.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I made a Walking Arsenal barb for S2 and it is amazing. I'm not at my computer right now to get details on all my poo poo, but with the right aspects and vamp abilities you can get your attack speed up to plaid and it is hilarious because also one shot most things, too. I can post more details if you are curious.

Yeah I went Walking Arsenal after trying it last season to pretty mixed results, and this time I ended up one shotting Shade of Elias at level 59 lol.
Overpower is so nutty right now, and Barb has a lot of options for guaranteed hits and damage modifiers.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Ice Fist posted:

I tried a big brawlin' build and HotA for an Explode Badguys build with earthquakes. Kicking them into molecules is so badass it almost slaps harder than my bear druid.

I should look and see if barb has any new toys for brawlin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
EnolaGay, leaves screen full of fire and charred bones