Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I’m tempted as well but I was hoping that blizzard would actually fix themselves and their toxic culture first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Star posted:

I’m tempted as well but I was hoping that blizzard would actually fix themselves and their toxic culture first.

This is the primary reason I didn't get Diablo 4. I can't in good faith give them money after all they did/say.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

ChickenHeart posted:

jesus christ we're gonna get Pip-Boy before Blackthorne ever comes to this game
"Use the Dovahkin's ultimate 'Fus Ro Dah' to knock back, stun, and damage all enemies in an arc"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Star posted:

Just play the game and don't give them any money if you want to keep your conscience clean. Life is too short in this capitalist hellscape to stress too much about where you source your serotonin as long as you're not directly causing someone harm.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Issakhar posted:

I'm still super salty for the Samuro "bug fix" that disabled image transmission after tp, to this day I still have the reflex action when laning for ez heal :smith:

why is bug fix in quotes?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Because it was an intended behavior when Image Transmission was a Heroic. When Image Transmission was demoted (promoted?) to part of Samuro's core kit as part of his rework, it was not intentional that the functionality remained because it made him far too flexible. The change was less of a bugfix and more of a design clarification, but either way it's a pretty significant nerf, which is why Wind Walk is getting a huge buff in the PTR.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Incredible. Heroes 3.0 here we come.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If MicroBlizztivision revives the game and treats as a goofy casual MOBA instead of the SERIOUS ESPORTS MEGA MONEY MAKER Kotick wanted it to be, then sure, gently caress it, put Master Chief in the game.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kith posted:

Quite a few Bug Fixes that are nerfs and buffs. Enormous Dehaka buff in particular.

Yeah, I'm a little sad about the change to Nova's Anti-Armor Shells. I realize it's probably standardizing it with how other effects are but it's a pretty hefty nerf to one of her few strong talents.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gently caress Nova. Remove Stealth.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I mean I'd be all for that if it gave her a total rework to be viable in her role in other ways, stealth can be annoying for sure.

As it is, she's way, way less oppressive than both Samuro and Zeratul, who can poo poo all over unprepared teams in different but equally annoying ways.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 27, 2023

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

remove it from everyone except murky's invis egg talent and buff its duration imo

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
delete murky

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
how dare you

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

skipThings posted:

delete murky

You can try, but he will come back after 8 seconds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

skipThings posted:

delete murky

:mods:

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Thread losing the match, unevenly focusing murky.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

skipThings posted:

delete murky

:same:

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Patch is now live and my favorite funny thing about it is that they bumped the difficulty tag of basically all heroes (just browsing real quick through the notes) from Easy/Medium to Hard.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Issakhar posted:

Patch is now live and my favorite funny thing about it is that they bumped the difficulty tag of basically all heroes (just browsing real quick through the notes) from Easy/Medium to Hard.
It’s difficult playing knowing certain characters while knowing there will be no more reworks :smith:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I reinstalled with the glimmer of hope it would get a redo or more support. Sad wishful thinking.

At least I still have my Azmodunk skin

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I played one quick match and everyone was saying report x for throwing. We are so back.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Had the All Raynor ARAM like 4 times at this point and it’s merciful because once a team gets to 10 first they’re able to siege down the fort and push hard, ending quickly. The worst so far is Maiev, who cannot push and has no sustain so you just end up with pyrrhic victories until one team gets a two-level advantage and can win with ults, then push with creeps.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I hate all kael'thas mirror so goddamn much. Only thing that will make me just turn my game off and do something else. Even my stupid time is worth more than that.

It doesn't help that I don't enjoy or excel at KT. Only time he's any fun is when I go living bomb and red team is completely loving stupid.

I honestly like the mirror matches, it's a fun random occurrence, but something about all KT actually almost gives me anxiety. The urge to just get up and leave is overpowering.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Am I a bad person in that I like to just screw around in AI matches because I want to chill and not worry about somebody screeching at me when I screw up and don’t focus fire the correct person 100% of the time?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Bad? No. Unusual, probably - although anecdotally it comes up enough that there apparently is a real demand to just play vs. AI. I personally will never understand it myself, the fun for me is in the competition instead of the button mashing.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
It may be different in your games, but when I play ARAM nobody complains about anyone else. Sometimes there will be a terrible player that rags on someone who's doing fine, but they stop after getting told to knock it off. Play the game the way you want though, if AI is fun and you get stressed playing with humans that's OK. If you do quickplay as Abathur and just hat someone and never leave them, that's fine too. So long as you're not 1) in ranked and 2) clearly taking the piss, nobody should care.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
vs AI is there for a reason! Enjoy it if that is what’s fun. There are plenty of people active on it as well. Sometimes I play vs AI if there is a podcast I want to listen to and it’s too rainy for a walk.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

back when i played more regularly id do vs AI to knock out the daily quests way quicker, towards the end basically all i did just so i could have the gold for the last few new heroes when they hit

e: also sometimes i just want to not worry and be a dumb twin blade varian and drat whether its the right choice or not

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

bobthenameless posted:

e: also sometimes i just want to not worry and be a dumb twin blade varian and drat whether its the right choice or not

There is only one lvl 4 talent (twin blades) and it is picked automatically. I don't know what choice you're talking about :shrug:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Always never always go twin blade.

I miss this dumb game!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I've realised my list of 'Go To' heroes is actually quite short. If I can't decide what to play, or I don't have a specific reason, it's basically:

1. Medivh
2. Alarak
3. Artanis
4. Stitches
5. Kel'Thuzad
6. Deckard

And after that it's a huge dive in usage!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

They really gotta do the sergeant hammer treatment to junkrat and delete him from ARAM though.

Or do like Chromie and delete some of the mine talents from ARAM.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

why? junkrat is fine. he's very difficult to play properly, even in the target-rich environment of ARAM

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
put Aby in ARAM, cowards

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why is it people enjoy twin blades more than colossus smash? They like the 1v1 fantasy?

EDIT: Oh wait twin blades is now the least popular in QM and storm league. I guess times change.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 14, 2023

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
no, you can’t go twin blades, you need to tank or do big damage!!

haha twin blades go brrrrr

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Junkrat is far less of an ARAM problem than including some of the absolute bottom-tier heroes as options. There's a half-dozen or so that either need solid buffs or should just be deleted since they significantly reduce your odds to win just from showing up at hero select to pollute your pool.

I will say that Junkrat is a problem when there's more than one of him. It's not so much a pure power thing, but that in ARAM it's just very hard to push a rear line so the longest-range heroes have a big advantage. I could see him, Chromie, and Azmodan in a "restricted" tier.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Once had a 3 Gazlowe game that ended very quickly for the opponent. felt really bad for them.

please Microsoft, balance this game, you’re our only hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

Nybble posted:

haha twin blades go brrrrr
Pretty much. In the fantasy land where the other team doesn't have any stuns or blinds or any way to impede the infinite sustain it's fun to just dive in 1v5 and watch the steel fly. Bonus points if they're AA and you can keep the 2 charges of parry.