Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

has this been a thread title yet? if not, it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bad Purchase posted:

has this been a thread title yet? if not, it should be

It has for one of the threads.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am just guessing that digging a single car tunnel through town costs more than $82million

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Only 1% the cost?! Funny, Musk seems more interested in 3%

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Elon ships Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Surely at some point, the insanity Musk is displaying on a daily basis on Twitter will have ramification with his other businesses, yes? Has it already happened?
I'm thinking specifically of SpaceX, because it's just not another company, but also has important national security functions. And this insane idiot is in charge?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
55 years old

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I Greyhound posted:

Elon ships Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde

What is he even talking about

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

What is he even talking about

Elon was on a lot of drugs last night

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kale posted:

Full Mask Off Elon has been pretty wild I have to say. I didn't think he'd completely and utterly lose his poo poo like this in front of the whole world. Just sort of like stumble and bumble like he mostly has with twitter, but like at least keep the mask on and some degree of separation from the full blown ultra-MAGA far right racist crowd so that he didn't alienate everyone in the world besides the MAGA crowd. Even Tesla Investors seem tired of the guy after the Tesla earning call and unless there's some turnaround with reputation AND money at stake I can't see any logical reason to take the plunge off the cliff with Elon. How many key Tesla investors are ultra-MAGA versus just trying to make money off of their investment even? Like it seems to me Elon now prioritizes being a far right shithead over doing the things that make the money's for his companies.

He's in the gently caress Around phase. Its like R Kelly in the 90s. We all knew he was a pedophile but it took 20 years before society caught up and he was broke enough to Find Out.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kazil posted:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

redshirt posted:

I'm thinking specifically of SpaceX, because it's just not another company, but also has important national security functions. And this insane idiot is in charge?

The story I heard was that he was never in charge of SpaceX and had always been little more than a figurehead, precisely because of the security functions. It'd also explain why they're the only ones of his businesses with an actual product.

then they launched a shoddy rocket off a non-functional launchpad and rained debris all over a wildlife reserve because Elon had decided to skimp on everything, and apparently it turned out he had sabotaged a Ukranian military operation because a Russian diplomat had flattered his ego, so gently caress if I know what's actually going on

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Slight lol that the wall street silver guy probably thought Elon would respond with some libertarian taxes are theft talking point but instead now he has to contend with his hero complaining about cartoon animals and a poop joke

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

My dad met Elon and Tom Mueller at a rocket conference right after they founded SpaceX and said Elon gave a 15 minute speech where he eehhhh, errrrr, ehreh, ehreher'd through giving a room full of ballistic missile engineers a shakedown of eng101. Said he was one of the dumbest people he'd ever encountered in his career.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Slight lol that the wall street silver guy probably thought Elon would respond with some libertarian taxes are theft talking point but instead now he has to contend with his hero complaining about cartoon animals and a poop joke

Elon reply-guys to that guy so often that I’m partially convinced it’s another one of his sock puppet accounts , like Twitter news daily or whatever

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

kazil posted:

it's amazing that he can't even do bad puns. he can't form a pun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I hope we don't hear anything from Elon on this https://twitter.com/ChannelNewsAsia/status/1718218698153148903?t=vlJjZ5C0gzpS71-Vxr2_ag&s=19

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

redshirt posted:

Surely at some point, the insanity Musk is displaying on a daily basis on Twitter will have ramification with his other businesses, yes? Has it already happened?

Nah there won't be any consequences for him.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

snoremac posted:

It's downright punbelievable

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

snoremac posted:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

redshirt posted:

LOL no, you will find out that the (actually fully naked) emperor is not naked, you are just slandering him!!!! Or something about him not being crazy, he is a victim the four "D" and you being an insensitive douche.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Um, could we sort of not bring this up. Stuff musk does is bad enough without bringing up hypothetical, and unless he mentions it, bringing up a kid with a traumatic past who committed suicide outside of a broader discussion on teen suicide is just sort of poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

redshirt posted:

To be fair, he's already FAFO'd with Starlink a bit. All the Ukrainian terminals now go through the US DoD, and they have full control over their terminals so Elon can't play peacemaker ever again.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elon trying desperately to save DIablo IV in the face of Baldur's Gate 3 eating its lunch is so funny.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If Elon played Disco Elysium do you think he'd be confused by the weirdest, most out there stat? One he couldn't possibly relate to?

Yeah, that's right. ||||||||Empathy||||||||||

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

everyone shut the gently caress up and start posting to the diablo iv community NOW!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Didn't see the CSS earnings call takedown posted so just enjoy: https://youtu.be/4QBt19hZyYI

I appreciated the Sandy Munroe is a sycophant callout.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

the whole world still thinks he's the real life tony stark, because they're not terminally online like we are. sorry, i didn't want to be the one to tell you

do you ever talk to people irl

this hasn't been true in the u.s. since before covid

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Songbearer posted:

If Elon played Disco Elysium do you think he'd be confused by the weirdest, most out there stat? One he couldn't possibly relate to?

Yeah, that's right. ||||||||Empathy||||||||||

I do have the feeling that he’d dump a bunch of points into Encyclopedia, which is very funny and he’d have a good time with it. The unfortunate thing is that DE is well designed and it’s hard to not have fun with it, but the game mocking him relentlessly would probably go right over his head

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kit Walker posted:

I do have the feeling that he’d dump a bunch of points into Encyclopedia, which is very funny and he’d have a good time with it. The unfortunate thing is that DE is well designed and it’s hard to not have fun with it, but the game mocking him relentlessly would probably go right over his head

He might get annoyed from all the mental damage you take from going fascist though

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mr. Lobe posted:

He might get annoyed from all the mental damage you take from going fascist though

That would be funny but I can also see him going ultraliberal and finding a fellow traveler in the mega rich light bending guy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What's that review where the reviewer claimed to be apolitical and said he'd picked a balanced selection of dialogue options, and then got real steamed when the game called him a big ol' fascist? I figure Elon would go that route.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Can't wait to do my banking on X!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

sure is a lot of war propaganda and genocide apologia on this here X.com website, very concerning

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

kazil posted:

why would the animals eat each other

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smoobles posted:

sure is a lot of war propaganda and genocide apologia on this here X.com website, very concerning

ok but artists too

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

#sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted: