Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nah, he's only been on one run. I lost the 50/50 for him, and kinda want him, but Furina and the upcoming roster provides some stiff competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm a swordie, so I'm glad for a chance to get Ayato if those banners are true.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

RareAcumen posted:

Did you complete the Unfinished Comedy sidequest? Like, every level of it?

I've finished Unfinished Comedy, the Brains And Brawn quest (where you train the nerds to be fighters), the Art of Negotiation, AND I've fought the two guys you can actually don pankration against, as well as waiting for multiple daily resets.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

serefin99 posted:

I've finished Unfinished Comedy, the Brains And Brawn quest (where you train the nerds to be fighters), the Art of Negotiation, AND I've fought the two guys you can actually don pankration against, as well as waiting for multiple daily resets.

The only thing I haven't done yet is Scenes from Life in Meropide: Visible Hands so I don't know. Have you done all of the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo and Merusea Village quests about Seymour the robot dog too?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
How is Baizhu, anyway? He looks neat and I don’t have much interest in Furina. And I could really use a dendro applicator for Raiden and Yae.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

baizhu's a good unit but if you just want a Dendro Applier youre better off with nahida. baizhus main advantage is consolidating healing and dendro app.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Endorph posted:

baizhu's a good unit but if you just want a Dendro Applier youre better off with nahida. baizhus main advantage is consolidating healing and dendro app.

Yeah, I do need the healing too. And Nahida’s banner isn’t coming up in a week. :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

HellOnEarth posted:

How is Baizhu, anyway? He looks neat and I don’t have much interest in Furina. And I could really use a dendro applicator for Raiden and Yae.

you know how someone said earlier that Kuki Shinobu was the "comfiest healer for just staying topped up in the overworld" or something like that

yeah that's not Shinobu, it's Baizhu. he heals for gigantic numbers, heals the entire team at once, doesn't need energy or enemies on field to trigger his heals, he's easy to build (~140% ER or less unless you're trying to use him as the only dendro for some reason, 50,000 HP, boom, you're done, no other stat matters), provides quasi-interrupt resistance and buffs dendro reactions. and to top it off slotting Prototype Amber on him is almost as good as his signature weapon lol

he's not an exciting character, he doesn't really enable any unique teams, he's just a 5-star by virtue of being real good at his job

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 28, 2023

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

The only thing I haven't done yet is Scenes from Life in Meropide: Visible Hands so I don't know. Have you done all of the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo and Merusea Village quests about Seymour the robot dog too?

I... have not even touched either of those questlines. I think I will be very peeved of that turns out to be the answer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

serefin99 posted:

I... have not even touched either of those questlines. I think I will be very peeved of that turns out to be the answer.

So, because Catepillar's story ends with him going there, I think that's the problem. Have you completed Aqueous Tidemarks yet? (That's a quest at the top level of Fontaine near the Statue of the Seven) You need to do that to go through the Institute of Natural Philosophy and get you into the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo hideout. I can't go back and undo the quests to check myself but if I happen to be right then doing that should give you the last piece and finish things off there. You might not actually have to do Ann of the Narzissenkreuz or Ancient Colors in Merusea Village.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you know how someone said earlier that Kuki Shinobu was the "comfiest healer for just staying topped up in the overworld" or something like that

yeah that's not Shinobu, it's Baizhu. he heals for gigantic numbers, heals the entire team at once, doesn't need energy or enemies on field to trigger his heals, he's easy to build (~140% ER or less unless you're trying to use him as the only dendro for some reason, 50,000 HP, boom, you're done, no other stat matters), provides quasi-interrupt resistance and buffs dendro reactions. and to top it off slotting Prototype Amber on him is almost as good as his signature weapon lol

he's not an exciting character, he doesn't really enable any unique teams, he's just a 5-star by virtue of being real good at his job

Well I’m sold. Thank you!

I don’t do Abyss at all besides the BP 12-stars, so he sounds good. I’ll need to stack a little more ER, though, since I’ll probably running him with Raiden/Yae/Kazuha.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

RareAcumen posted:

So, because Catepillar's story ends with him going there, I think that's the problem. Have you completed Aqueous Tidemarks yet? (That's a quest at the top level of Fontaine near the Statue of the Seven) You need to do that to go through the Institute of Natural Philosophy and get you into the The Narzissenkreuz Ordo hideout. I can't go back and undo the quests to check myself but if I happen to be right then doing that should give you the last piece and finish things off there. You might not actually have to do Ann of the Narzissenkreuz or Ancient Colors in Merusea Village.

...Oh my god I never went and found Caterpillar again, and that probably means the game didn't consider Unfinished Comedy completed...

:cripes:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

drat I really want Kuki constellations but I don’t want Cyno at all and already have Ayato. I don’t have Kirara either and would like her :/ meanwhile the four stars on Furina’s banner mean nothing to me. I was hoping Kuki might be when Raiden returns (since it isn’t it had better be Sara since I need one more copy of her) or when the Geo character releases.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently the livestream is going to be next Friday now which puts it effectively 5 days before the end of the patch instead of the usual 11 or so. Trailers and such aside at least we known for ages m that Furina and Charlotte are the new banners and its still close to a weeks notice on stuff. Glad this game doesnt do FGO style try to blindside the players as much as possible with whats happening to prevent them from saving approach, not that it would help much with that one. Actually thats the only game I know of really that seems to do that and then immediately goes into maintainance and deploys the new banners.

This however puts it on the same day as the 1.5 livestream for HSR so I dont know if that means they'll back to back it or postpone that one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kale posted:

Apparently the livestream is going to be next Friday now which puts it effectively 5 days before the end of the patch instead of the usual 11 or so. Trailers and such aside at least we known for ages m that Furina and Charlotte are the new banners and its still close to a weeks notice on stuff. Glad this game doesnt do FGO style try to blindside the players as much as possible with whats happening to prevent them from saving approach, not that it would help much with that one. Actually thats the only game I know of really that seems to do that and then immediately goes into maintainance and deploys the new banners.

This however puts it on the same day as the 1.5 livestream for HSR so I dont know if that means they'll back to back it or postpone that one.
It shouldn't really matter. Who's crazy enough to play two mihoyo service games at once?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

It shouldn't really matter. Who's crazy enough to play two mihoyo service games at once?

yeah, only two? rookie numbers imo

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

*whistles innocently*

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Baizhu getting a rerun is exciting if that turns out true. I wasn't playing at all when he came out the first time and having a Dendro healer is exactly what I'd like. Feel like he'd work perfectly with Cyno.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Baizhu getting a rerun is exciting if that turns out true. I wasn't playing at all when he came out the first time and having a Dendro healer is exactly what I'd like. Feel like he'd work perfectly with Cyno.
He does! Feels like he was made to help Cyno. The new team will be Cyno->Nahida->Furina->Baizhu.

Kale
May 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Pretty sure he's on the same banner period as Furins though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Good news I don't care about the gremlin archon!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1718233419186876890

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i love their style so goddamn much

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Good news I don't care about the gremlin archon!

dont be rude

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I am going to extra care about the gremlin archon to make up for it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

UHD posted:

:haibrow:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I was farming talent mats in coop when one of the other players messaged me "How can your Ayaka have so much good stuff but still do so low dmg" which means they took the time to look me up on akasha and I dunno whether to feel seen or insulted

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

UHD posted:

i will be her friend

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How long does all it take to do all the catalyst event stuff?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yelan in progress:

I would rather have had a Crit Rate hat than a Crit Damage hat, but for now I'll take what it decided to finally give me, and using it gives back the Emblem 4pc bonus. The last ascension will come after 4-5 Ruin Serpent runs and farming umpteen gemstones.

Next project might be fitting my C6 Fischl with Golden Troupe.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

gandlethorpe posted:

Definitely doable in a day, the minigames where all the points/rewards are unlock partway through and go by quickly. It's just the main quest/cutscenes that feel time-consuming.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Around 3.5hrs to do the whole thing start to finish. Just did it earlier today myself. Granted I was tabbed out for a large chunk of it letting the absurdly long talking cutscenes all autoplay, which you would be able to do faster manually clicking through the dialog.

The strings+vocals version of that song they use in the final cutscene is really nice too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wow, whoever drew the last picture in the 'piece the scenery together' game really took some artistic liberty with the location of things. Probably the only one that took me longer than 10 seconds, and significantly so.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MajorBonnet posted:

I don't think any jail will hold her.

Teenage Klee realizing that Jean can't actually stop her is going to destroy Teyvat.

The whole reason everyone showers Klee every year with attention, treats and holidays to island or theme park destinations is specifically so the daughter of Alice likes them and thus doesn't destroy them all when she grows up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

I was farming talent mats in coop when one of the other players messaged me "How can your Ayaka have so much good stuff but still do so low dmg" which means they took the time to look me up on akasha and I dunno whether to feel seen or insulted

Do you share your profile? That's how people see my stuff

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Yelan in progress:

I would rather have had a Crit Rate hat than a Crit Damage hat, but for now I'll take what it decided to finally give me, and using it gives back the Emblem 4pc bonus. The last ascension will come after 4-5 Ruin Serpent runs and farming umpteen gemstones.

Next project might be fitting my C6 Fischl with Golden Troupe.

Her talents are 2/6/6

FtloG, at least get her to 6/9/9. If not higher

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

We finally get to see manic Chongyun! Best event

Also, for him getting his own story instead of being XQ's tagalong

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Her talents are 2/6/6

FtloG, at least get her to 6/9/9. If not higher

Fair enough, though I had to Google to remind myself of what the Azhdala Challenge even is.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Y'know, I'm pretty impressed with how this game can get me emotionally invested in a rando NPC who's been in the game since launch and mostly irrelevant since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

holy hell is dori annoying