Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Lord_Magmar posted:

In OCE the party stack is forwards and the cone blasts are aimed backwards and it solves this exact problem immediately.

that's a downtime strat though...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

p10s doesn't have a dps check work bothering over uptime (or rather the dps check is how many near party wipes you've suffered)

but also i think you could still squeeze everyone in range? aether was split between e/w tethers and north tethers and i can't remember if i saw someone using s tethers but it all works

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Frida Call Me posted:

that's a downtime strat though...?

How in the gently caress is it a downtime strat, you can position to hit melee attacks easily?

You put the two stacks right at the front and the people taking the cones in close to their pole and slightly backwards on the outside.

It's Slightly South E/W Tethers party North East/North West I probably shouldn't have said backwards though yes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

So what exactly is the deal with this Asura trial they've been having people play at fanfest? Is it coming in 6.55 or what.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's coming in 6.55 and we don't know what the story hook for it is

My guess is part of the Hildibrand story

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

FuturePastNow posted:

It's coming in 6.55 and we don't know what the story hook for it is

My guess is part of the Hildibrand story
Return of Greg ????

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zaggitz posted:

Return of Greg ????

She's got a bunch of arms and a bunch of swords, that sounds like Greg to me

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The fight is played completely straight and ungreggy. I obviously have no idea if he's in some cutscenes around it, those weren't included in the fanfest trial

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

He warps in to steal the glory at the last moment and falls in love with her.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
After finally unfucking my TV display to not look like rear end (literally just had to change the right settings it seems), XIV is now actually palatable on it. As such I've spent 6 hours today redesigning my console UI from scratch so that I actually have a decent cross hotbar setup. I've decided using the WXHB as a combat hotbar is a trap and have elected to use the EXHB instead.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Margrat's Deliveries: Please tell me the one hand behind the back glasses push up emote is in the game somewhere

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Margrat's Deliveries: Please tell me the one hand behind the back glasses push up emote is in the game somewhere

It's the male Elezen /spectacles emote from the HW Scholasticate quests.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Reddit is saying that Yoshi-P stated that the TMNT shirt was not a hint for Viper, but for the other Job. Since it's Reddit, I don't take it at face value. I'm at work right now, so I can't really look around that well. Does anyone have a link to him saying that? Thanks in advance!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Onean posted:

It's the male Elezen /spectacles emote from the HW Scholasticate quests.

Thank you, I think I still need to unlock it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Reddit is saying that Yoshi-P stated that the TMNT shirt was not a hint for Viper, but for the other Job. Since it's Reddit, I don't take it at face value. I'm at work right now, so I can't really look around that well. Does anyone have a link to him saying that? Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNkQv_wUj4&t=2770s

quote:

So now you all know that Dawntrail will feature not one but two new jobs. Alright, and you already know that the second job is to be ranged magic DPS. But as for what that job is, well other than the little hint I dropped back in Las Vegas, you're gonna have to wait until Tokyo. Sorry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the poo poo doesnt really seem that related to viper anyway. you can say 'donatello uses two swords' but even with as random as yoshi-p's hints can be sometimes i assume he would have gotten a shirt with just leo on it if he wanted to go that direction.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm not sure if he explicitly said that later during the EU FanFest, but during the Keynote he said the only "small" hint (exaggeration is YoshiP's/Koji's) we have of the caster Job is from the NA Keynote. Aside from the Viper hint in the trailer, the only other hint was the TMNT shirt, so that's where people are getting it from. They're also saying it did double duty, with the dual wielding, but that might just be hindsight or lucky happenstance.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Yeah it's probably the shirt for either green mage or painter, but likely with the clover design regardless.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Green Mage will also use two swords.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

the poo poo doesnt really seem that related to viper anyway. you can say 'donatello uses two swords' but even with as random as yoshi-p's hints can be sometimes i assume he would have gotten a shirt with just leo on it if he wanted to go that direction.

But he's not saying it wasn't a hint to both, just that the shirt does in fact hint at the caster DPS. I think it suits the double intent just fine.

Donatello is front and center with the viper weapon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's green mage cause turtles are green

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why people are so hype for green mage. Don't really care one way or the other since I don't play caster though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It's gonna be turtle hermit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Getting hype for green mage is weird to me because if there was ever an FF job that had no class identity (or at least, no class identity that could possibly translate into FFXIV), it's that one

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

TMNT is a parody of Daredevil. Weird Al Yankovic is a parody musician. Music is a kind of performance. Another kind of performance is acting. Ergo, the new class is Mime.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Getting hype for green mage is weird to me because if there was ever an FF job that had no class identity (or at least, no class identity that could possibly translate into FFXIV), it's that one

Yeah this is where I'm at. Like if it ends up Green mage it'll be something completely new that easily could have been called..Anything. It's like how XIV Sage is FF Sage in name only.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure why people are so hype for green mage. Don't really care one way or the other since I don't play caster though.

we want to see krile in a beret

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah it's probably the shirt for either green mage or painter, but likely with the clover design regardless.

I hope it's the painter thing people talked about. I don't know anything about green mage, but just the name "green mage" is extremely boring and I'm already biased against it because of that alone

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Because plants and nature are cool af and I wanna be a final fantasy druid. It could very well not be that but im hype at the possibility. Why are people hype for anything?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Because plants and nature are cool af and I wanna be a final fantasy druid. It could very well not be that bit im hype at the possibility. Why are people hype for anything?

But that's not what FF green mage is!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my actual answer is that [Color] Mage is a cool FF Thing and green mage is the only one left if you dont count FFXI's brown mage joke. they also have a very cool aesthetic in their few appearances between the beret and cloaks, and FFTA2 gamers are out here begging for scraps

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Arist posted:

Yeah it’s a little odd but I think that’s actually part of the reason people get excited for it. Everyone’s got their own idea of what Green Mage will be like in their heads and the thing they made up is probably something they want.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for the link and quote!

And yeah, I can see the shirt being primarily a hint for the Caster DPS Job and also hinting at Viper.

Arist posted:

For me, it's for that specific reason: There's no real existing identity to base it on, so it's probably going to be a whole new thing.

This is my first Fan Fest, but I think that for a Job that didn't exist pre-FF14, Reaper turned out great, so I'm expecting the same thing for Viper and the possibility of Green Mage.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ibram Gaunt posted:

But that's not what FF green mage is!

I know! I totally get that, but Yoship said he doesn't wanna be constrained by those limitations, right? Green is the color of nature, it might not even be called green mage, we as the community are just using it for simplicity sake

E:then again the Clover is def a green mage reference or a nature reference so idk. But I'm hype just because of the possibility yknow?

Zinkraptor posted:

Yeah it’s a little odd but I think that’s actually part of the reason people get excited for it. Everyone’s got their own idea of what Green Mage will be like in their heads and the thing they made up is probably something they want.

This!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 28, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's also not like a nature theme exclusively comes from the color green. The peoples of Tuliyollal are noted to be more aligned with nature than industry, so if they also want to have the caster come from Tural it's possible they go with that angle.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I know! I totally get that, but Yoship said he doesn't wanna be constrained by those limitations, right? Green is the color of nature, it might not even be called green mage, we as the community are just using it for simplicity sake

Yup. Like, if they had shown us Viper, but didn't tell us the Job name, we'd probably be calling it Thief, since it reminds a lot of people of Zidane.

Whatever it ends up being called, I'm extremely interested to find out about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

E:then again the Clover is def a green mage reference or a nature reference so idk. But I'm hype just because of the possibility yknow?

This!

The clover could be unrelated to the job at all. It isn't a jobstone.

Clovers also appear on other stuff and can be associate with gambling or luck too.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

Clovers also appear on other stuff and can be associate with gambling or luck too.

That's definitely true! A clue isn't an answer, so who knows really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

But it could be!

But it's probably not.

But maybe!