Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how good is it that rush limbaugh died
very good
extremely good
insanely good
View Results

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Genesplicer posted:

As long as there is one person who takes delight in the fact that Rush Limbaugh is dead, this thread will remain alive.

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

FoolyCharged posted:

Famous? Nah, nobody's thought of the man for years.

Amazing how quickly he dropped off the radar. Someone set up a podcast of his "Best shows" but it only has 5000 ratings on Apple. He had the top radio show on the radio for years, and yet only has 5,000 people who cared to rate the podcast. It would be like if every radio station that played the Beatles stopped playing them the minute they broke up.

But he's dead and more power to the worms who are feeding on him!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Genesplicer posted:

Amazing how quickly he dropped off the radar. Someone set up a podcast of his "Best shows" but it only has 5000 ratings on Apple. He had the top radio show on the radio for years, and yet only has 5,000 people who cared to rate the podcast. It would be like if every radio station that played the Beatles stopped playing them the minute they broke up.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy looking back at the conservative intelligentsia over the 20th century and seeing how many big, important names got absolutely no love the second after they died, with only a few really getting any kind of posthumous appreciation

Even though they keep trying, william f buckley doesnt get the love ayn rand and reagan get and i am glad

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
rush now has 19 months sober

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

ded posted:

Jesus who would have thought switching from oxys to piss would be so successful?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

ded posted:

Oh, he’s getting high alright. ON DEATH.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

I think this is for two reasons:

1) The majority of people who listened to Rush were rage-addled Boomers who died en masse from covid and/or natural causes since then and are all facing eternal damnation in hell right next to Rush. His minions just aren't with us in any real numbers anymore, thankfully.

2) Conservatives just want to listen to hate in the most vile delivery of it that they can find because that's just about all they can feel. Hate and rage, to them, is a drug. Rush was, in a sense, just a drug dealer. As soon as the rotten old fucker died conservatives just went straight to whoever else could get them the good stuff. They never actually cared about Rush as a person.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
3) Sadly, he's tame and boring compared to, uh, virtually every other mouthpiece including the previous president.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cancer is a horrific illness that deserves to be eradicated from this world and to truly rest in piss, only remembered to be scorned.

But even I have sympathy for the cancer that had to share a body with Rush Limbaugh.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Cancer is a horrific illness that deserves to be eradicated from this world and to truly rest in piss, only remembered to be scorned.

But even I have sympathy for the cancer that had to share a body with Rush Limbaugh.

:same:

My dad died 6 months ago today from prostate cancer and I still feel bad for the husk that Rush's cancer had to spend time in.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

A cruel lingering death by cancer was better than he deserved imo.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

tek79 posted:

2) Conservatives just want to listen to hate in the most vile delivery of it that they can find because that's just about all they can feel. Hate and rage, to them, is a drug. Rush was, in a sense, just a drug dealer. As soon as the rotten old fucker died conservatives just went straight to whoever else could get them the good stuff. They never actually cared about Rush as a person.

It's this. A recent observation that has been made in recent years is that the most influential non-Trump voice in conservative politics isn't a specific individual but rather whoever has their show on Fox News' 8pm timeslot. Rush, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, and Tucker Carlson all held that timeslot and rode high on it and save for Hannity, quickly forgotten as soon as soon as Fox put somebody else in place. As long as there's someone telling them that they have a reason to be angry, they'll tune in. Doesn't matter who.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Torquemada posted:

3) Sadly, he's tame and boring compared to, uh, virtually every other mouthpiece including the previous president.

This is absolutely the case. I look back at his vitriol, and it is mild by comparison with what is being spouted by the right today. It just keeps getting worse. Same with the politicians. We had Dan Quayle, who was dumb enough that a periodical was produced to follow his gaffes. We all said "It can't possibly get any worse than him!" and the Republican party said "Hold my beer!" Every candidate after just keeps getting worse.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

It's this. A recent observation that has been made in recent years is that the most influential non-Trump voice in conservative politics isn't a specific individual but rather whoever has their show on Fox News' 8pm timeslot. Rush, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, and Tucker Carlson all held that timeslot and rode high on it and save for Hannity, quickly forgotten as soon as soon as Fox put somebody else in place. As long as there's someone telling them that they have a reason to be angry, they'll tune in. Doesn't matter who.

I am only nitpicking one small thing. Rush Limbaugh never had the 8 o’clock fox news timeslot, did he? His only tv show was in the 90s, and aired late at night as far as I can tell.

He was the last of the true talk radio guys, and arguably alex jones is the one who took that baton and converted to essentially talk radio online

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Doesn’t formaldehyde get you high? In that case, Rush is pumped full of that stuff. He must be high as gently caress, in addition to being dead as gently caress.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Too much formaldehyde can cause cancer...

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Can’t wait for the Tucker Carlson death thread

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Perfect flashing AV gif and post combo. The Rush thread is the Party Thread for all of them.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Neither can I, friend

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Can’t wait for the Henry Kissinger death thread

Granted it may be several years for this one...

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MH Knights posted:

Granted it may be several years for this one...

He "suffered an injury" earlier this week that caused him to cancel an in-person appearance. So, y'know. :pray:

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Genesplicer posted:

Too much formaldehyde can cause cancer...

I guess that tracks then..

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

rotinaj posted:

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy looking back at the conservative intelligentsia over the 20th century and seeing how many big, important names got absolutely no love the second after they died, with only a few really getting any kind of posthumous appreciation

Even though they keep trying, william f buckley doesnt get the love ayn rand and reagan get and i am glad

I think it's because the past no longer exists for Republicans. They make up beliefs as needed, and these can contradict previous beliefs.

It's really just like in 1984, where they are editing newspapers to fit the new situation. History no longer exists, it's just a daily renewal of whatever talking points.

As such, Rush is a long distant shadow, gone.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
"Rush who?" says former dittoheads.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Radio Nowhere posted:

"Rush who?" says former dittoheads.

limbaugh, never forget that nazi. Glad he's dead.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Congratulations to the world on 1000 Rushless days.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Wait, are you sure?

Somebody run down to the graveyard and check.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Murdstone posted:

Congratulations to the world on 1000 Rushless days.

thanks! it's the longest I've stuck with anything. planning to keep it up.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

1000 days sober! Congrats you rotting pile of rancid remains.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

We need a website like that one that tracked whether that one actor was still alive except this one tells us that Rush Limbaugh is, in fact, still quite dead.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Tarkus posted:

We need a website like that one that tracked whether that one actor was still alive except this one tells us that Rush Limbaugh is, in fact, still quite dead.

isrushdead.com

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dittos, Rush, I agree with you. These democrats are destroying our country with blatant lies we protect people with.

Women should do what the bible says. We declare what women should do with their bodies.

Men have free will! That is why there are no laws forbidding them to do what they want with their bodies.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 27, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hand to God I forgot Rush existed until I saw this thread

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hand to God I forgot Rush existed until I saw this thread

It's kind of a nice reminder of just how forgettable him and hos follow up acts really are in the long term.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Genesplicer posted:

I smile knowing that he passed through a worm anus. Many of them.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I did get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and friends. Rush didn't, because he's dead. Lol

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Dr.Smasher posted:

I did get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and friends. Rush didn't, because he's dead. Lol

And the same will be true for Christmas and New Years day!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Dr.Smasher posted:

Lol jokes on you Rush never had any friends because he was quite incapable of love or joy. And now he’s dead lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol: do you think Rush's family sets out a plate and leaves a chair for Ghost Rush

and its just a plate of pills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Whelp Kissinger is dead.

That means I now have two graves to visit before I die.