Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

It was still an airball though

Yeah, the reaction is not to Westbrook taking a last-second shot when the ball comes to him, it’s to the shot being absolutely god awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Giggs posted:

I hate seeing Alex Caruso's bald head. His dome is perpetually soaking wet. It's revolting.

it rules. fucj to you

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm a glutton for dumb lists so I like this top 100 players article from The Ringer.

Where do you think the best player outside of the United States would rank? So, nobody in the NBA or American collegiate qualifies. Would the best non-domestic player crack the top 20? The top 50? The top 75?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Got to cool down his brain from all that cognitive athleticism

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

surf rock posted:

I'm a glutton for dumb lists so I like this top 100 players article from The Ringer.

Where do you think the best player outside of the United States would rank? So, nobody in the NBA or American collegiate qualifies. Would the best non-domestic player crack the top 20? The top 50? The top 75?

Looks like he was ranked at #67 in that list you just posted OP

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Looks like he was ranked at #67 in that list you just posted OP

Wemby is in the NBA now OP

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Giggs posted:

I hate seeing Alex Caruso's bald head. His dome is perpetually soaking wet. It's revolting.

no u

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

surf rock posted:

Very frequently the best player in the 2nd best league (FIBA) has been players who were borderline rotation guys in the NBA. So since Wemby was drafted already the next best would probably be somewhere in the 200s or so.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Giggs posted:

How many headbands are you allowed to wear? Maybe he can use one of those rugby padded headgear things.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Let's go The Wizards (lose in entertaining fashion)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/PelicansLead/status/1718416439571324987?s=20

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
oaching matters and monty is a better coach than dwane casey. He plus ausar and sassers fight, defense, and transition attacking have made a huge difference. Team executes

Bad defenders are at least rotating at the right time to the right places

Killian making shots helps too. Rick pointed out that if you don’t have a rim protector they can make shots at the basket, which just wasn’t true the last three years

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Giggs posted:

RapsBulls was the worst game of basketball I have ever seen, it was absolutely loving clown shoes nonsense from the very start to the very end.

Both teams should be given the loss and everyone but Chris Boucher and Alex Caruso should be fined $5,000.

no one else quoted or replied to this very good post. thank you. go bulls

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

oaching matters and monty is a better coach than dwane casey. He plus ausar and sassers fight, defense, and transition attacking have made a huge difference. Team executes

Bad defenders are at least rotating at the right time to the right places

Killian making shots helps too. Rick pointed out that if you don’t have a rim protector they can make shots at the basket, which just wasn’t true the last three years

Are you drunk lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

surf rock posted:

Nikola Mirotic won mvp in the euro league and he was an okay rotation player in the nba. The best of the best play in the nba

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Red Rox posted:

Are you drunk lol

phone posting

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Red Rox posted:

Are you drunk lol

What was wrong in what he posted?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lol Trey

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1718436049083580894?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cade Cunningham.

Also, Jalen Duren.

Jalen Duren is 19.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Red Rox posted:

Are you drunk lol

Are you not???

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gonz posted:

Cade Cunningham.

Also, Jalen Duren.

Jalen Duren is 19.

The quimica he's cooked up with Cade, where Cade throws him some trash through 3 guys legs and he just slams it home, that's really fun

Ausar and Sasser were the perfect draft picks for this frenetic defense first style. Just pushing and pushing, letting Duren clean up the misses from the hosed spacing, no ones afraid to actually take a shot becuase he's there to clean up for them. Lavine scored over 50 and it literally never mattered

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i love nba :)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Gonz posted:

Cade Cunningham.

Also, Jalen Duren.

Jalen Duren is 19.

The oldest person in the starting lineup right now is 22 :lol:

Obviously that will change when Bogdanovic isn't injured, but still funny.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It's so good

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Are you not???

I will be!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Red Rox posted:

I will be!

:cheers:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Free Zach Lavine

How AKME decided to run back a team that said the vibes were off completely p much completely unchanged. Was a good idea is completely batshit.

Free Zach, Free Demar

Free Caruso.

Get them to non loving trash teams and orgs please.

0-3 if it wasn't for an epic Trashtors collapse. And clownball all blowouts

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015
Wemby would have been a crutch pistons are going 81-1.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Red Rox posted:

I will be!

I am and killing blue Trey Youngs right now

e: also: Naz Reid.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1718451177270960325

Yeah this poo poo is over one way or another. lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Naz Reid

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1718451177270960325

Yeah this poo poo is over one way or another. lol

This man wants $200m

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This man wants $200m

i also want $200m. no hate on this dude

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This man wants $200m

He didn't want 200 million

People incorrectly aggregated that quote.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i bet if you offered him $200m he'd take it

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

He didn't want 200 million

People incorrectly aggregated that quote.

Oh ok. Multiple podcasts couched it that way.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I want 200m and I'd have trouble putting up that statline.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he wanted 201m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He said it starts with a 2 and it isn't 20 million.

Which people for some reason decided what that meant was add another zero, vs the much more logical he wants like ~25 or so million a year.

Which would still be an overpay for his production, but like isn't almost literally a max contract offer lol