Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
List of eggs so far:
1. Chicken egg
2. Racist egg
3. Cancer egg

Not a great track record for eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

The Inhumans TV show tried to focus on Black Bolt, a character who never speaks, and rather then use ASL they decided to make up a sign language.

quote:

"I actually have to do more preparation when it comes to scenes in which I sign, and I can't use American Sign Language," Mount tells Entertainment Weekly. "Because he's not from Earth, he wouldn't know American Sign Language, so I'm making my own sign system."

I don’t like this show nor whomever Anson Mount is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

His name is blackagar boltadon

You read the signing wrong its Boltagon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

mycatscrimes posted:

In unrelated hilarious comics lore, this excerpt from a column by the creator of Black Lightning

https://worldofblackheroes.com/2010/06/17/brown-bomber/

Oh man they would throw out any concept back in the 80s, the amount of cocaine oh 2008 huh

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Danaru posted:

Oh man they would throw out any concept back in the 80s, the amount of cocaine oh 2008 huh

The 2008 version was based on the 1970s concept described in Tony Isabella's column (pitched by white writers). It was put into a comic in 2008 by Black creator Dwayne McDuffie, so I'm sure he was taking the piss.

It was just the first source I found for Tony's column.

mycatscrimes fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 28, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Thank gently caress lmao

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don’t like this show nor whomever Anson Mount is.

My lady the Witch punks him in Dr. Strange 2 and that's all that's worth knowing really

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm so glad I was never into comic books or superheroes as a kid because hearing other people describe the ludicrous plot decisions in retrospect is much more entertaining than reading them as they happen.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

manga > american comics any day of the week. It's just that simple.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

there is absolutely no contest

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Isabella refused to write the character given to him because "you want our first black hero to be a bigot???" and years later mcduffie wrote a parody

quote:

If that last sequence doesn't seem to make sense, it's because DC editorial erased some of the dialogue form the last panel in post-production; the Brown Bomber is supposed to be asking Vixen if it's okay for him to use the N-word when he's in his black identity. It's too bad that they axed the line, because it is both funny and sharp commentary, but it at least proves that, 35 years later, DC editorial has at least learned some of their lesson from the debacle that almost was The Black Bomber.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
RIP Dwayne McDuffie, he was too good for DC

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Isabella refused to write the character given to him because "you want our first black hero to be a bigot???" and years later mcduffie wrote a parody

:eyepop::lmao:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Paladinus posted:

List of eggs so far:
1. Chicken egg
2. Racist egg
3. Cancer egg

Not a great track record for eggs.

4. evil quell (artifact containing the life force and consciousness of beings from ancient civilization) known as The Egg

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

comics, friends.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
the only comic book character I find truly sympathetic and cool and badass and always in the right is Poison Ivy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Comic books are the best form of literature

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Plant MONSTER. posted:

the only comic book character I find truly sympathetic and cool and badass and always in the right is Poison Ivy

She definitely was not before the mid 90s when the rehabbing started.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Lol didn't she like make, ultra-weed at one point and aerolized it into the air or something. thats called doing a bro a solid

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
sometimes they make animated shows based off comic books and sometimes those shows are really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg_o-NrYHk

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Is Yoshida-San still editor in chief over there?

Seems like there's a rich history of "You think that's batshit insane? That's nothing. I'll show you batshit insane!" in comics.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

show him some respect he's a king

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like the inhumans and think they're cool because they are a bunch of xenophobic assholes who got their powers from huffing gas

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My lady the Witch punks him in Dr. Strange 2 and that's all that's worth knowing really

lol at them explaining to her how his powers worked and her immediately killing him

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

on every possible level as well. every us comic is so unbelievably ugly lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at them explaining to her how his powers worked and her immediately killing him

reed richards is pretty much king of talking about how great he is then eating poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm so glad I was never into comic books or superheroes as a kid because hearing other people describe the ludicrous plot decisions in retrospect is much more entertaining than reading them as they happen.
I can't believe the Hillary Bandit is still at it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that time in the comics emma frost and cyclops had sex on top of jean grey's grave

That sounds exactly like something Emma would do, and also something Scott would be easily bullied by Emma into doing.

mycatscrimes posted:

RIP Dwayne McDuffie, he was too good for DC

Dwayne McDuffie also roasted Marvel for similar reasons

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I liked it when Hulk tore Wolverine in half.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Did his regeneration cause both sides of him to regrow like a starfish? Ew, I bet the wolverines as hugh jackman smooched and kissed eachother afterwards and got married if so

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I like when the Injustice tie in comic had Superman kill the Joker and the look on Batman's face is abject horror like it's the worst thing in the world to ever happen

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you cant kill the joker... he sells merchandise

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
moe killed lois lane. go kill moe

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Apparently the original sketch had batman's eyes closed but the person coloring it didn't know so he drew those things in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

womb with a view posted:

We watched the Sam Raimi Spiderman last night it was a good time

Raimi Spider-Man 1&2 kick rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I got really into comics as a kid it was during the Spider-Man clone saga and it was dumb as gently caress but I ate that poo poo up. At least it resulted in the Scarlet Spider whose costume kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Somewhere I still have a copy of Spawn #50 where Spawn goes to hell for using too much of his power and the big hyped reveal is that he gets his face ripped off

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Somewhere I still have a copy of Spawn #50 where Spawn goes to hell for using too much of his power and the big hyped reveal is that he gets his face ripped off

in one of the early issues spawn tries to make himself look alive again but every time he tries he turns into a gay looking white man and freaks out