Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

" popular" working pretty hard there unless the Netflix show has had a huge effect on their business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's gone, is there a screenshot?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Guillermus posted:

It's gone, is there a screenshot?

Post is still up, but

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
RVD: "Dave draw me like one of your boys."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

flashy_mcflash posted:

" popular" working pretty hard there unless the Netflix show has had a huge effect on their business

to be honest it's probably the tiktok guy that's responsible for 90% of their views.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Signed,
Someone who has literally never seen a single puro match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bonk posted:

Signed,

What has a more serious wrestling presentation, UWF-I or PWFG? That's the real question we should be asking

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Arguments over which promotion is specifically more "realistic" are pretty much always silly. No one is legitimately watching WWE over AEW or vice versa simply because their matches more closely resemble an MMA bout or whatever they consider a realistic fight to be.

I've been seeing this a lot in the wild, but I'd honestly be surprised if most of the people making these arguments have actually done the intellectual exercise of thinking what a real fight looks like and comparing that to whichever wrestling they have decided to argue is "realistic." They especially haven't actually thought through "is more realistic wrestling actually better than less realistic wrestling?" Of course, more "realism" in wrestling sounds good, but the term never seems to get defined and ends up being that whatever wrestling the arguer likes just happens to be more realistic.

People have literally argued that the Undertaker is more realistic than Orange Cassidy, but he is a magic mortician that maybe lives in Death Valley and his spirit left his body after being locked in a casket. OC is just a guy that does silly kicks as a psych out but wins through skill and determination.

I wish more people were content sharing their opinion without trying to frame it as it is coming from a neutral and objective observer (or worse as business advice). I don't particularly like the current style of mid match monologues and drama stuff that seems to be popular, but I'm not going to tell people they are genuinely wrong for liking it because it's just wrestling and who cares.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

What has a more serious wrestling presentation, UWF-I or PWFG? That's the real question we should be asking

The answer is, like always, HUSTLE

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

SG Bamboo posted:

The answer is, like always, HUSTLE

The most realistic moment ever in pro wrestling is when Ling Ling the erotic assassin's egg hatched to reveal monster bono.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bonk posted:

Signed,

Um excuse me those are the minor leagues why would anyone watch that

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Jobber isn’t even trying with the bait.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1717623025896759399

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
It's funny because that venue seats 1100, so that seems pretty good to me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you want to at least come close to selling out or just pick a smaller venue and save money. this result is indicative of an adequate but imperfect understanding of what they should be doing. 6/10 bob of booey

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

they're probably going to get a fair few walkups on the day as well

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also running vegas right now is terrible because everything is under construction for their precious F1 warcrimes washing machine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the new japan us shows dont draw that well most the time anyway so when they run somewhere small and it sells out quick, like Mercedes first US match since leaving WWE, people give them a hard time about not booking bigger venues so they cant win either way

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

the new japan us shows dont draw that well most the time anyway so when they run somewhere small and it sells out quick, like Mercedes first US match since leaving WWE, people give them a hard time about not booking bigger venues so they cant win either way

people that bitch about booking bigger venues are dumb as hell. You want sell outs. You want bragging rights that your tickets are hot. Plus smaller venues are louder so there's auditory appeal there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

coconono posted:

people that bitch about booking bigger venues are dumb as hell. You want sell outs. You want bragging rights that your tickets are hot. Plus smaller venues are louder so there's auditory appeal there.

Smaller venues also tend to look more interesting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

Smaller venues also tend to look more interesting

I like the places with tiered bleachers because people are literally jammed in and going bonkers for headlock takerovers because they got a contact buzz from the smoking section

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Show me an American arena as cool as KBS Hall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ibexaz posted:

It's funny because that venue seats 1100, so that seems pretty good to me

It really doesn't but it's not a big deal New Japan's US strategy hasn't made sense in years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WigginsWick22/status/1717938344594653584?t=0qCHdtTLCPVw_tqBCDwxYg&s=19

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

You could probably tell this is bullshit just from these 2 pictures if you'd never watched wrestling before

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It's a New Japan Strong show, not a big NJPW show. The main event is Eddie Kingston vs. Henare.

Crapple! posted:

You could probably tell this is bullshit just from these 2 pictures if you'd never watched wrestling before

:yeah:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man what a glow up. I missed all of swerves stuff in nxt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Why would you choose these two pictures as your examples?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Crapple! posted:

The left picture looks like some dipshit C-list rapper on Nickelodeon and the right picture looks like a legit movie star playing a murderer.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Crapple! posted:

Well you see, in the first picture he's in WWE which is automatically better than literally anything he could ever do in any other company on Earth.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

The left picture looks like some dipshit C-list rapper on Nickelodeon and the right picture looks like a legit movie star playing a murderer.

Yes you've figured out why that person prefers NXT Swerve

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drakkel posted:

Well you see, in the first picture he's in WWE which is automatically better than literally anything he could ever do in any other company on Earth.

I like that WWE silenced most of the frothing Dean Ambrose fans by replacing him another bald white guy for the Shield reunion.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

coconono posted:

I like that WWE silenced most of the frothing Dean Ambrose fans by replacing him another bald white guy for the Shield reunion.
There's been a Shield Reunion since Ambrose escaped?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Edge & Christian posted:

There's been a Shield Reunion since Ambrose escaped?

I thought they got HHHHHHH and Angle to sub in? IDK I don't watch that poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

coconono posted:

HHH replaced Roman on a European tour due to illness

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

coconono posted:

Both of them filled in for an injured mumps-having Roman Reigns in 2017

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

lol gently caress off Fightful

The content is literally SRS saying "No, but it'd be the greatest work of all time if it was!"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
the absolute state of wrestling media

bartok
May 10, 2006

Punch McLightning posted:

the absolute state of media

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bonk posted:

lol gently caress off Fightful

The content is literally SRS saying "No, but it'd be the greatest work of all time if it was!"

The devil mask angle is so hilariously dumb. I hope it's Danhausen with a bunch of random ninjas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Punch McLightning posted:

the absolute state of wrestling media

Fan non-fiction.