Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MrQwerty posted:

My dad met Elon and Tom Mueller at a rocket conference right after they founded SpaceX and said Elon gave a 15 minute speech where he eehhhh, errrrr, ehreh, ehreher'd through giving a room full of ballistic missile engineers a shakedown of eng101. Said he was one of the dumbest people he'd ever encountered in his career.

The meritocracy works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Kit Walker posted:

I do have the feeling that he’d dump a bunch of points into Encyclopedia, which is very funny and he’d have a good time with it. The unfortunate thing is that DE is well designed and it’s hard to not have fun with it, but the game mocking him relentlessly would probably go right over his head

i've only played DE as mostly communist but ive heard that going pure fascist is *miserable*, and not in an entertaining way, more in a hostile to the player way

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trying to imagine what message Elon Musk would take away from Animal Farm.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What's that review where the reviewer claimed to be apolitical and said he'd picked a balanced selection of dialogue options, and then got real steamed when the game called him a big ol' fascist? I figure Elon would go that route.

https://x.com/honzogonzo/status/1699770843205677520?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
I'm starting to think Steve Aoiki won't be orbiting the moon this year

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

deimos posted:

Didn't see the CSS earnings call takedown posted so just enjoy: https://youtu.be/4QBt19hZyYI

I appreciated the Sandy Munroe is a sycophant callout.

this is an hour long video by someone named common sense skeptic wtf

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

sugar free jazz posted:

this is an hour long video by someone named common sense skeptic wtf

Their Musk takedowns are very good.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Sir Tonk posted:

The methocracy works

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

The only way to salvage X in any shape or form would be for him to take it public again and use those funds to improve it but I don’t think his ego will let him do that

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Foo Diddley posted:

the atari 2600 was fuckin poo poo, even when it was brand new and i was a stupid little kid who didn't know any better

everybody got something to say about ET, but it was every fuckin game on that piece of poo poo, they all sucked out loud

The main problem with Atari was that any third party that wanted to could just poo poo out an Atari game even if it didn't work, and that reflected poorly on Atari; it's what prompted the Nintendo Seal of Quality when the NES launched.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Cassette Moodcore posted:

The only way to salvage X in any shape or form would be for him to take it public again and use those funds to improve it but I don’t think his ego will let him do that

If he just quit the company entirely and hired someone who has successfully run a social network before, and didn’t interfere in any of that person’s decisions, the platform would probably regain a lot of its lost users and advertisers. it might even be profitable now that he’s fired so many people. but that would be counter to his actual purpose in buying it, which was to destroy its functionality for spreading news and turn it into a stormfront adjunct, so he’ll never do it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

If he just quit the company entirely and hired someone who has successfully run a social network before, and didn’t interfere in any of that person’s decisions, the platform would probably regain a lot of its lost users and advertisers. it might even be profitable now that he’s fired so many people. but that would be counter to his actual purpose in buying it, which was to destroy its functionality for spreading news and turn it into a stormfront adjunct, so he’ll never do it.

but there wouldn't be free speech

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why does he think people want one app that sucks poo poo at doing 20 things when we're all perfectly content with 20 apps that each suck poo poo at doing one thing

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

don't forget rolling the codebase back to what it was before he took over. which would involve I guess deleting all long tweets.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Neito posted:

The main problem with Atari was that any third party that wanted to could just poo poo out an Atari game even if it didn't work, and that reflected poorly on Atari; it's what prompted the Nintendo Seal of Quality when the NES launched.

it was also garbage with no RAM and a video chip made from twigs so you couldn't do much of anything complex

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Yea he would absolutely use those funds to improve the site instead of creating a virtual Volkshalle.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ymgve posted:

it was also garbage with no RAM and a video chip made from twigs so you couldn't do much of anything complex

A mapperless NES cart wasn't significantly more powerful, to be fair. The NES just got kinda lucky that they could shove another full-on CPU in there and get, say, Mario 3 level poo poo.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Neito posted:

I'd argue their godawful first party Pac-Man port and the groundswell around it did more damage than the 3rd party shovelware, or at least was the main catalyst for Atari's fall and the video game crash. Might be a chicken-or-the-egg argument.

Also I want to have a chat with whoever granted Where's Waldo the Nintendo Seal of Quality

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 28, 2023

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

shyduck posted:

I'd argue their godawful first party Pac-Man port and the groundswell around it did more damage than the 3rd party shovelware, or at least was the main catalyst for Atari's fall and the video game crash. Might be a chicken-or-the-egg argument.

Also I want to have a chat with whoever granted Where's Waldo the Nintendo Seal of Quality

There were multiple contributing factors to the video game crash; I don't really think there was one hard instigating factor, but a bunch of middling ones that resulted in a lack of public trust, etc.

Re: NSoQ, it's hilarious but it had nothing to do with the quality, from a gameplay perspective, of a game and everything to do with "Does this game launch and run without crashing, and is it the actual game that was advertised", bars that many, many Atari games couldn't hit.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

ymgve posted:

You gotta check out Solaris. That game is super impressive for an official 2600 cart. Some of the modern homebrews are pretty incredible too, like the arcade ports from Champ Games, but the new devs are all using modern tools the old guard could only dream of to get stuff going.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Neito posted:

A mapperless NES cart wasn't significantly more powerful, to be fair. The NES just got kinda lucky that they could shove another full-on CPU in there and get, say, Mario 3 level poo poo.
Nah, it's the pitiful hardware in the atari. The NES was lightyears ahead.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Well my assumption is he would be responsible to the shareholders but I guess he would just do a Vince McMahon thing where it’s “public” but he owns all voting shares and if he sells his they turn into non voting shares

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Well my assumption is he would be responsible to the shareholders but I guess he would just do a Vince McMahon thing where it’s “public” but he owns all voting shares and if he sells his they turn into non voting shares

Vince doesn't control poo poo anymore. They got bought by whoever owns UFC now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he's also got a really unsettling mustache now.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation

coconono posted:

let's see your facial hair buddy

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

coconono posted:

The kind of mustache that lets you know right away that he's a rapist. If only he had grown it sooner.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

twitter is never coming back yall. sorry

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

gschmidl posted:

Their Musk takedowns are very good.

no, i will not fall for this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Folks, I never heard of this. I didn't even know something like this existed. Is it custom? Who knows!

Meet the child sized pink Cybertruck. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Folks, I never heard of this. I didn't even know something like this existed. Is it custom? Who knows!

panel gaps too consistent, obviously not an official Tesla product.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
too many buttons, needs more touch screens.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Dash not marble enough

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Way too bulletproof and water resistant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

After listening to that earnings call takedown, investors must be dumb as gently caress.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Prettz posted:

Nah, it's the pitiful hardware in the atari. The NES was lightyears ahead.

Seeing as the NES came out like 8 years after the 2600, I would hope so

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation

coconono posted:

After listening to that earnings call takedown, investors must be dumb as gently caress.

Concerning

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I Greyhound posted:

Elon ships Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde

I don't want to know about elon musks search history

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

love when libertarians discover double taxation

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
the richest man in the world is right: we should tax the rich less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
money should be taxed only once, when it’s minted. if the government needs to raise more money, well it needs to stop being lazy and mint more money