Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

the atari 2600 was fuckin poo poo, even when it was brand new and i was a stupid little kid who didn't know any better

everybody got something to say about ET, but it was every fuckin game on that piece of poo poo, they all sucked out loud

The game Adventure for the 2600 was good. I will die on this hill.

Edit: a terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

MunchE posted:

Seeing as the NES came out like 8 years after the 2600, I would hope so
I mean the problem with the 2600 is it's so primitive I have trouble considering the games for it actual video games

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Money is made by lovely little gnomes, not the by the government. STUPID.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Money is made by lovely little gnomes, not the by the government. STUPID.

His name is Elon

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Prettz posted:

I mean the problem with the 2600 is it's so primitive I have trouble considering the games for it actual video games

They don't even have fog of war

You should try a real game for geniuses: Polytopia

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sir Tonk posted:

love when libertarians discover double taxation

Wait until they learn about inheritance tax!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol of course it's at the extraction of executive stock income and other wealth windfall that the double taxation transpired

it's so unfair to tax windfall like this! the entirety of our society needs to be shouldered by the common man, as ordained by the divine right of the wealthy

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I thought libertarians only wanted freedom to set the age of consent?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Can't wait till my doctor appointments are on X!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

noted again

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

noted again

X is actually the least untrue source of information on the internet

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

lol of course it's at the extraction of executive stock income and other wealth windfall that the double taxation transpired

it's so unfair to tax windfall like this! the entirety of our society needs to be shouldered by the common man, as ordained by the divine right of the wealthy

it would be real hosed up if they taxed us everytime we made money, then called it income tax.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I Greyhound posted:

Elon ships Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde

i mean like sure, but thats like a weird nerd joke poo poo but 50+ antihumor dipshits like elon take weird jokes seriously or run them into the ground.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean like sure, but thats like a weird nerd joke poo poo but 50+ antihumor dipshits like elon take weird jokes seriously or run them into the ground.

does he want a cartoon movie where thumper takes a poo poo? Who wins in that situation?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/EyesOnTheRight/status/1717971398474310118

Musk is getting one of his fan cancelled in real time for being a racist.

I am genuinely disappointed in how comprehensively we have failed to punish antisemitism. For all this talk about people getting "cancelled," a lot of them manage to stick around.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

I am genuinely disappointed in how comprehensively we have failed to punish antisemitism. For all this talk about people getting "cancelled," a lot of them manage to stick around.

Robert E Lee was a slaveholder and a friend to the Jew.
loving Nazis cant get their poo poo right

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Time_pants posted:

Canceling people has never actually had an effect on anyone other than getting a few low grade chuds fired and a whole lot of leftists getting their lives ruined because only other leftists give a poo poo about it and it’s super easy to abuse

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

does he want a cartoon movie where thumper takes a poo poo? Who wins in that situation?

who knows. i mean if you want that poo poo just look up rule 34 or whatever. i think what i dont like about him is i see alot of me in him but from high school, some dumb sad edgy kid who pretended he was big hard core dude and lol woops no your not. his humor is mostly just shittier version of encyclopedia dramatica and other poo poo. this sorta ties into something i said in the trump thread but alot i feel like alot of the "younger" chuds(early 50s to mid 30s) peaked in either college frat poo poo or posting on 4chan/ED/etc and they get mad that everyone else grew up or moved on or realized "hey maybe furries are alright" or "hey maybe its wrong to yell the F slur every 10 min" its like all that poo poo that leaked out about crowder about how all his office stuff is weird fratboy pranks or screaming slurs and poo poo. they are all kids who never grew up and like yeah i think millenials and gen x have a bit of that in general, i certainly do (still collect high priced nerdy poo poo or arty nerdy poo poo and etc) but this is like the toxic masculine version of it. but elon is like that to me, he is overcrown kid who has billions and is trying to make himself king of 4chan.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Neito posted:

The main problem with Atari was that any third party that wanted to could just poo poo out an Atari game even if it didn't work, and that reflected poorly on Atari; it's what prompted the Nintendo Seal of Quality when the NES launched.

To be absolutely clear: Atari despised third party developers and even sued the first one (Activision) for making games without going through them first. They wanted complete control over the 2600 ecosystem. But since they never even considered the possibility, they did nothing to guard against it. Activision winning the case is what opened the floodgates of 2600 shovelware, to Atari's chagrin.

Nintendo learned from Atari's mistake and created the "lockout" chip for the NES, which literally prevented any games that Nintendo didn't approve from working.

Atari then, in a complete reversal of their stance from the 2600 days, reverse engineered the NES lockout chip and then used that knowledge to make NES games (under the Tengen brand) that bypassed the lockout chip entirely, thus allowing them to create games without going through Nintendo first. Naturally, Nintendo sued Atari over this.

Other companies figured out how to bypass the chip as well toward the end of the NES's lifecycle. This is how the endless flow of "Bible Adventure" shovelware began.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kazil posted:

noted again

Military.com and some wikipedia entry, may as well post a link to some deviantart page for all that info's worth. Let me know when they cite a real source like the war thunder forums

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Musk just wanted to make a Pooh/Poo joke but crafting one is utterly beyond his capabilities. Let that sink in.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who knows. i mean if you want that poo poo just look up rule 34 or whatever. i think what i dont like about him is i see alot of me in him but from high school, some dumb sad edgy kid who pretended he was big hard core dude and lol woops no your not. his humor is mostly just shittier version of encyclopedia dramatica and other poo poo. this sorta ties into something i said in the trump thread but alot i feel like alot of the "younger" chuds(early 50s to mid 30s) peaked in either college frat poo poo or posting on 4chan/ED/etc and they get mad that everyone else grew up or moved on or realized "hey maybe furries are alright" or "hey maybe its wrong to yell the F slur every 10 min" its like all that poo poo that leaked out about crowder about how all his office stuff is weird fratboy pranks or screaming slurs and poo poo. they are all kids who never grew up and like yeah i think millenials and gen x have a bit of that in general, i certainly do (still collect high priced nerdy poo poo or arty nerdy poo poo and etc) but this is like the toxic masculine version of it. but elon is like that to me, he is overcrown kid who has billions and is trying to make himself king of 4chan.

it took me longer than I would like to admit to read this,but, yeah. I agree

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I love how one of his chuds was trying to make a point about taxes being scams or whatever but Elon derails it by shouting "you know what's a bigger scam? The lion king had no scenes where Simba fucks or take a poo poo!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Musk just wanted to make a Pooh/Poo joke but crafting one is utterly beyond his capabilities. Let that sink in.

you could have made a kangra or roo joke too. Let that sink in

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Further Reading posted:

I love how one of his chuds was trying to make a point about taxes being scams or whatever but Elon derails it by shouting "you know what's a bigger scam? The lion king had no scenes where Simba fucks or take a poo poo!"

long live the king!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Time_pants posted:

I think you'll find that the real antisemitism is any and all criticism whatsoever of Israel. :smugdog:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it took me longer than I would like to admit to read this,but, yeah. I agree

no my writing is poo poo, its fine, i am better at speaking. my point is the younger chuds are nostalgic for the shithead net and trad weirdos give them an ability to do that with moral cover.

Further Reading posted:

thats kinda of summery of the new republican part, some old ghoul just hates taxes but is shouted down by some balding 30 year old who is mad that a kids cartoon has a lesbian in it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

payroll only deposited 100 X-bux in my X-bank account this week. I deserved it, though, I was slacking a bit on lines of code.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

payroll only deposited 100 X-bux in my X-bank account this week. I deserved it, though, I was slacking a bit on lines of code.

x-code

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

bro do you even know how many lines of code elon writes every week so you can make video calls on x

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

bro do you even know how many lines of code elon writes every week so you can make video calls on x

can I take a guess?

zero. it is most likely zero lines of code

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

can I take a guess?

elon created videoconferencing this week when he and yacc launched video calls on x

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats kinda of summery of the new republican part, some old ghoul just hates taxes but is shouted down by some balding 30 year old who is mad that a kids cartoon has a lesbian in it.

Last year some of Elon's Republican buddies in Congress actually introduced a bill that would require any children's show with gay characters to run a parental warning before the show. It didn't pass but they're going to keep making the effort.

I'm pretty sure that they even tried to force the TV rating board to add gay characters to the criteria for the age rating. It doesn't even have anything to do with gay characters kissing or even having their sexuality mentioned at any point. Just the mere existence of a gay character should be taken into account for the age rating.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

can I take a guess?

actually the best code is that which you do not write

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

elon created videoconferencing this week when he and yacc launched video calls on x

I also feel like yaccing when my boss tells me i have to videoconference

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

actually the best code is that which you do not write

shut the gently caress up moron

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

shut the gently caress up moron

Concerning.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hmm well when you calm down youll realize im right

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
When you Yacc but she still #sportsing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Now that the Twitter icon is Paris Hilton pink, subscriptions are just rolling in as people are #sportsing and #sliving, I bet