Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have Monty and Rhamondre and I'd 100% rather have Monty. The Lions have a beast oline. The Pats are on the mend? If you say so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The other thing is Zeke is stealing a lot of work from Rhamondre. Before the season I wasn’t worried about his washed rear end at all and thought it would be like a 90-10 split. It’s been a lot more like 60-40 with Zeke getting red zone work too. As a Rhamondre haver myself, it kinda sucks! The fears of Monty ceding work to Gibbs have already happened for Rhamondre.

I don’t think it’s an objectively terrible trade but it’s not a slam dunk either

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I for sure would rather have monty too, but I think the adams to allen upgrade is bigger than the Monty to Rhamondre downgrade.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Docjowles posted:

The other thing is Zeke is stealing a lot of work from Rhamondre. Before the season I wasn’t worried about his washed rear end at all and thought it would be like a 90-10 split. It’s been a lot more like 60-40 with Zeke getting red zone work too. As a Rhamondre haver myself, it kinda sucks! The fears of Monty ceding work to Gibbs have already happened for Rhamondre.

I don’t think it’s an objectively terrible trade but it’s not a slam dunk either

Yeah I think I might just do it - I might regret but I might be able to pick up another RB. As a bears fan too I think I’m just used to seeing Monty hurt all the time and being mad about it.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Docjowles posted:

:same:

I'm benching Gabe Davis though so lock him into your lineups for 25+ points

Already at 5 in .5PPR heh

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

At least Kincaid got into the end zone

Oh wait :mad:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I wouldn’t do it. Monty is better than Rhamondre and Allen has a pretty brutal ROS schedule.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok there’s Kincaid :woop:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

heck yeah. started gabe davis over dameon pierce in goon 20-team league. started kincaid over engram in the reddit relegation league after blowing a fair chunk of FAAB on him. TDs from both!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

:laffo:

Big Game Gabe of course we all saw this coming

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Do I start Gabe Davis tonight vs TB or Christian Watson vs MIN on Sunday?

You've convinced me to start Gabe Davis lol

Lol, congrats.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All the people who started Mike Evans but didn't watch the game have no idea how close we were to having a starting WR put up 1 point

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
He was also really close to getting a lot more points

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

He was also really close to getting a lot more points

This is Mike Evans.txt because of the kind of receiver he is and how they use him. There’s a 60 yard touchdown that just missed like every game because you can throw a bomb to him in blanket coverage and he’s got a decent chance to come down with it

Or he might just straight up drop it because that is also the kind of receiver he is lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

kiimo posted:

All the people who started Mike Evans but didn't watch the game have no idea how close we were to having a starting WR put up 1 point

I was feeling real good about my Kirk pick, and then Evans finally caught the ball of that dudes head for a TD. lmfao.

Still feeling ok with Kirk over Evans

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nailed it :c00l:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So when is that Watson ownership percentage going to start dropping? I can’t let myself drop him even though I’m loaded at WR. The dude isn’t a great play with Love’s awful deep ball skills. He’ll definitely have a few huge games but his floor seems way too low for me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

So when is that Watson ownership percentage going to start dropping? I can’t let myself drop him even though I’m loaded at WR. The dude isn’t a great play with Love’s awful deep ball skills. He’ll definitely have a few huge games but his floor seems way too low for me.

The next time I need to pick someone up he's the one getting dropped.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

The next time I need to pick someone up he's the one getting dropped.

Same. And I suspect that packers team is going to get completely rolled tomorrow.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Same. And I suspect that packers team is going to get completely rolled tomorrow.

:sickos:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

For what it’s worth, this article claims it’s going to be a boring rear end trade deadline and none of the major rumors are going to come to pass

https://theathletic.com/5007267/2023/10/28/nfl-week-8-news-trade-deadline/

Take with a mountain of salt since obviously nobody is going to leak “oh yeah we are gonna trade Derrick Henry away to the first team that calls us offering a third rounder”

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Someone has offered me;

Henry
Jefferson
Aiyuk

For;

Kupp
Pacheco

Am I an idiot for turning it down? I like Pacheco and Kupp is fit and actively playing. However if Henry ends up somewhere like the Ravens and JJ comes back..

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bumhead posted:

Someone has offered me;

Henry
Jefferson
Aiyuk

For;

Kupp
Pacheco

Am I an idiot for turning it down? I like Pacheco and Kupp is fit and actively playing. However if Henry ends up somewhere like the Ravens and JJ comes back..

I would accept that.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bumhead posted:

Someone has offered me;

Henry
Jefferson
Aiyuk

For;

Kupp
Pacheco

What's your team depth and record? If you need to keep winning to make the playoffs you can't give up Kupp don't do it, but if you have some depth and a strong record that could take a couple of losses before JJ comes back (and you think he will) go for it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bumhead posted:

Someone has offered me;

Henry
Jefferson
Aiyuk

For;

Kupp
Pacheco

If it's PPR, it's a hard no; Pacheco has outpointed Henry so far this year and there's no reason to suggest Henry will be playing *more* passing downs, especially with Spears on their roster. Kupp is every bit JJ's equal in PPR formats even in the playoffs just because he's such a target hog.

If it's standard or half PPR it's a closer call; I'd probably ask myself what the odds are of me making playoffs with the Kupp -> Aiyuk downgrade. If it's still good odds, and if JJ comes back, then JJ becomes the difference between 3rd place and a trophy.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

It’s standard PPR scoring and I’m currently at 3-4.

It feels like a season tipping point dice roll with a lot of variables.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My kicker last week got released this week (lol) so now I'm counting on DICKER THE KICKER to get me those sweet points against a soft, squishy Bears defense

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bumhead posted:

It’s standard PPR scoring and I’m currently at 3-4.

It feels like a season tipping point dice roll with a lot of variables.

At 3-4 you need wins now and Kupp isn't that far behind JJ in PPR for the downgrade to Aiyuk for who knows how long. I'd stand pat.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Crossposting from TFF:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1718309635789107552

:sickos:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All (or most) of that will happen before the game. Might be lovely weather but they aren’t gonna be playing in much/any snow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

also

https://twitter.com/Bre_NFL/status/1718310382832660562

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah until you start getting into plowable amounts on the field it vastly favors the offense and that Broncos D is uhhhhhh hoo boy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

right as it turns out knowing which direction you're going to go helps significantly. It's rain that really sucks, snow games are fun and people score.

I mean, not Buffalo snow games with firehose blasts of lake effect snow but Denver should be fun.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Anyone have any ideas on James Connor’s timetable to return? Quick google doesn’t really yield much info other than he’s on IR which, no poo poo

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Are we at “maybe stay away from Chiefs receivers” levels of snow concern?

I suppose you’re starting Kelce regardless and nobody else is barely relevant, so this is largely a Rashee Rice question.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m at a “stay away from Chiefs receivers always” level of concern

If you have to start any Chiefs WR your team is in trouble

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Always down for a snow game! Not that I expect it would change the outcome of that one.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

RCarr posted:

If you have to start any Chiefs WR your team is in trouble

Not because I have to

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I've picked up and dropped Rice multiple times this season and never started him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Looks like they got about 8 inches of snow there overnight, but it's down to flurries now and still 4 hours until game time.