Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Pretty sure this store is actually an evil genie or something and when you get the watch it kills you so that you never want anything ever again.

That sounds bad for business, I think it's more likely that the genie will curse you to buy infinite amounts of plastic tat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Xiaomi actually have 2 tablets with snapdragon 870 and 888 inside. Only 120-150 on aliexpress. Only down side is the 11 inch screen. It's way too big for me.

I heard rumor of a Chinese phone vendor stocked up on tons of SD888 chip a couple years ago for sanction deterrence, I guess they don't need them anymore and start using them on mid and low tier stuff. It's actually still a flagship speed soc.

Do you have a good link for this?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Confirmed, Saturn V rocket lego set ($12? I forget) is full on and pretty cool. One deformed piece which we found a sub for. Thing is like 16-18” tall.

You can't just post this without a link :colbert:

Rahu posted:

Just bought an $7.50 rolex submariner clone from temu.

Can't wait to try out that SNGEEN CHRONOMETER.
Probably a scam like that other super-cheap watch another goon here ordered. I think you could get legit mechanical knockoffs for around $100 or so.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 24, 2023

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Rahu posted:

Just bought an $7.50 rolex submariner clone from temu.

Can't wait to try out that SNGEEN CHRONOMETER.

at that price i wouldn't be surprised if the material ate through your arm

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i'm thinking the entire dial is screen-printed on, including the hands

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My bet is it’ll work fine but won’t have any water resistance

I still love my BAGELSPORT watches, I don’t think they’re available anymore. RIP goofy yet cheap and decent automatic submariner knockoff

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Pretty sure I got it for half of this.

https://share.temu.com/jw6Pt7Qf4QA

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Item was discontinued. I had picked out a 6 channel mixer that doubled as a USB audio interface for like $45 CAD but its also now discontinued and there are no similar priced variants. I probably shouldn't be buying more music gear unless I force myself to actually start picking up the guitar regularly again.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Do you have a good link for this?

I just had a quick 5 min check. But if I am buying one now I would search "xiaomi tablet global version 888" and click sorted by order,

these are the top seller stores
edit
edit2: I am not sure about these links, since they are 30% of the amazon price. That doesn't feel right. You know what, just buy "Xiaomi Pad 6 pro" from amazon.

This link has actual customer photos
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...id=5oloDWJePvvW

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 24, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Probably a scam like that other super-cheap watch another goon here ordered. I think you could get legit mechanical knockoffs for around $100 or so.

Oh yeah I'm just interested in how low the quality can go. If I can even get a full metal wristband and case with a (moderately) functional quartz movement I'll be very impressed.

For anyone interested in sub-style watches from credible manufacturers, I hear the Invicta Pro Diver is a good automatic watch (seiko movement) at ~$80 and Orient makes some good ones in the $150-300 range.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rahu posted:

If I can even get a full metal wristband and case with a (moderately) functional quartz movement I'll be very impressed.

Im pretty sure you’ll get that, it’s not that hard to pull off. I was buying some really lovely knockoffs for fun, like some garbage quartz Stowas, those cost under $10 I think and work fine.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I wanted to write a warning about these camera mount extensions: even though they show DSLRs in the product compatibility photos, these should not be used with anything heavier than an action camera or a phone! I have a Sony HDR-CX625 camcorder that I mounted to one of these extensions, that was in turn mounted to a tripod... when I tilted the tripod forward so that the weight of the camera was on the extension, the extension cracked! My camera fell to the floor; luckily, no damage.

Apparently, AliExpress won't let you write a review on orders that are older than some cut-off, so I couldn't write this there, but I had to let it out somewhere.

Rabe Radbury
Dec 12, 2019
I'm on an extended visit to Barcelona and the variety stores here (colloquially "chine's" because the local culture is racism-deaf) are a sort of in-person AliExpress romp with the considerable downsides: 1) They mostly sell things that people actually need. 2) The workers don't walk up to you and suggest sex toys. There's one every two blocks.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Rabe Radbury posted:

I'm on an extended visit to Barcelona and the variety stores here (colloquially "chine's" because the local culture is racism-deaf) are a sort of in-person AliExpress romp with the considerable downsides: 1) They mostly sell things that people actually need. 2) The workers don't walk up to you and suggest sex toys. There's one every two blocks.

I remember there's one street with a lot of chinese clothing/fabric stores.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

What a :krad: power bank.

I know it's going to be heavier than my brain expects a cassette tape to be, but that's not an insurmountable hurdle. I mostly hope it wouldn't burn my house down, but then again, see thread title.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I ordered the cassette tape battery and will report back.

It's cute, and it looks good, but the dimensions are a bit off and, yeah, it's real heavy.

Arrived fully charged according to the display. I'll try using it this weekend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

It's cute, and it looks good, but the dimensions are a bit off and, yeah, it's real heavy.

Arrived fully charged according to the display. I'll try using it this weekend.

I'll be honest, it's not as oversized as I was expecting. Looks about as large as they could make it still fit in a cassette case. Does it come with a case like the picture?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

It does! The case is sized to fit the battery so bigger than an actual cassette case.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I mean, if you can fit a real cassette label on it, then I will allow the slightly bigger size.

I already have 2 10k mah batteries but I still want it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not that I'll buy such a high power device from AE, but do they make power banks that could recharge a Surface Go?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Anything with USB-PD will be more than adequate for that job.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh wow, those are surprisingly cheap for the voltage.
I'll search for one that's also a powerful emergency light. And is made by a company that has some good reputation.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Looking for a replacement battery for this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005324879870.html

If the local mobile shop doesn't have one, then this should work, right? It's for an old lenovo bluetooth keyboard.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Yeah most likely the old battery is a single 3.7v cell too.
If it's not completely dead you can measure the voltage. That battery might even be an upgrade since it's protected while a lot of cheap rechargeable devices have no protection and will start damaging the battery by discharging it down below the minimum safe voltage for a lithium cell if left in a drawer for too long.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It has turned into a balloon and we're a bit afraid of it.

Thanks!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 28, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

By popular demand posted:

Not that I'll buy such a high power device from AE, but do they make power banks that could recharge a Surface Go?

Its really hit or miss. I have a Surface laptop 2, it requires more power than your Sueface go, but uses the same plug. I got a USB-PD to Surface cable and tried it on 3 different usb chargers with PD out ports, only the biggest one charged, not the 2 smaller travel sized ones.

But the big one is no smaller than the standard Surface charger I don't save any space and weight when I use it in Starbuck.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Its really hit or miss. I have a Surface laptop 2, it requires more power than your Sueface go, but uses the same plug. I got a USB-PD to Surface cable and tried it on 3 different usb chargers with PD out ports, only the biggest one charged, not the 2 smaller travel sized ones.

But the big one is no smaller than the standard Surface charger I don't save any space and weight when I use it in Starbuck.

The smaller ones might not have the right output profiles. Last time I put a meter on my Surface I think it expected 20V3A.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cursed AliExpress thought I'd be interested in this ghoulish shirt :gonk:

If anybody requests a link I'm gonna need a bloody good reason.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kerbtree posted:

The smaller ones might not have the right output profiles. Last time I put a meter on my Surface I think it expected 20V3A.

It really depends on the device, some might want 20V3A but would also charge, slower, at 12v. USB-PD is so universal you now need to find out what exactly your device supports.

I got this 30W Romoss on sale and it charges my ThinkPad at 15V (IIRC). https://a.aliexpress.com/_msa4OJ6

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

wow that's one of the worst shirts I've ever seen.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now accepting nominations for a worse shirt.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you couldn’t wear this ironically, truly one of the worst shirts i’ve ever seen

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

If the local mobile shop doesn't have one, then this should work, right? It's for an old lenovo bluetooth keyboard.

you can buy a new capri sun at the grocery store

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Arivia posted:

you can buy a new capri sun at the grocery store

lmao

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Nettle Soup posted:

Yeah that should be fine, I've replaced some pouch cells in stuff with the same mAh / Watt hour cells. Most single cell lipos are 3.7V nominal voltage.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Jfc that shirt, big yikes

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

lmfao incredible

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

I'm going to Maine next month, so link plzkthxby.

So much of "American" focused humor pieces on Ali has seemed oddly misplaced or misunderstood. Like all of the Nic Cage crap. To me, just non sequitur bizarre. It's hard for me to imagine the Asian market wanting it, but what do I know?

But this stuff is getting on point.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think most of the weird rear end designs posted in this thread were (my hypothesis) all origined from custom orders. Once somebody from 4ch or bodybuilder forum or whatever joke ordered a few things, the vendor throws the design up on a new page, and the ali algorithms will do their own things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm certain it offered me this because I'm in Israel and I was actually searching for Palestinian flag stickers, so AE naturally decided that should be the very first result.

Just cursed all around.

E: tried a couple more times and this thing pops up at the first spot every single time:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 29, 2023