Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I'm pretty sure that Yi Sang explained some important lore in today's Dante's Notes, but unfortunately I have about as much ability as Dante to figure out what the hell he means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

t3isukone posted:

I'm pretty sure that Yi Sang explained some important lore in today's Dante's Notes, but unfortunately I have about as much ability as Dante to figure out what the hell he means.

This, right? I can't quite parse what he's saying either (and I'd bet it's not much more legible in Korean considering it's, y'know, Yi Sang) but it makes it sound like the City's like a TARDIS in that it's actually larger than the surface area would otherwise indicate.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
"an all-encompassing map view of the city gives a skewed perception in comparison to the actual urban density as seen from the ground" makes sense. doesn't preclude weird space bullshit but doesn't sound like a mind-blowing reveal in and of itself.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It also seems tied into the courier fixer association. So Yi Sang is likely commenting that what looks like a simple a to b delivery from above may in fact be a near impossible job to do in time.

Edir: "Why does a Fixer association handle postal services." "Because actually delivering packages in this city sometimes requires fighting a mafia gang leader who can crush a spine bare-handed."

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 28, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Best part is if Cinq is any indication this means that Devyat ID is incoming.

Also, the U Corp section ending with a note that it borders the Outskirts with an ellipses definitely seems like foreshadowing.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ryoshu has a HP heal EGO too, although it is harder to access. Sinclair as well although it's impossible to grab (soup).

Soupclair and Nclair do not mix at all. I learned this the hard way. Don't make the mistake I did.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Solitair posted:

Soupclair and Nclair do not mix at all. I learned this the hard way. Don't make the mistake I did.

They mix extremely well, if you want to light everyone on fire.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Solitair posted:

Yeah, the healing EGO for Sinclair is Lantern. Only 2 allies but the corrosion will hit the enemy usually. And Dieci Rodion but our girl is usually neutral to Slash/Gluttony so... (unless you bring Hong Lu or Mersault as you highest HP unit in which case pray).

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:confused:

Soupclair and Nclair mix extremely well because Soup has non-random targeting conditions, so you can easily set-up situations where you can safely corrupt into Soup and get a free EGO hit and sanity reset.

Unless your Soupclair is at the 4th Uptie, in which case lol.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

:confused:

Soupclair and Nclair mix extremely well because Soup has non-random targeting conditions, so you can easily set-up situations where you can safely corrupt into Soup and get a free EGO hit and sanity reset.

Unless your Soupclair is at the 4th Uptie, in which case lol.

not really? the least-hp target means he's gonna hit exactly who you don't want him to unless the fight is almost over already

NClair does not play nicely with EGO in general which is slowly becoming a problem as Sinclair gets EGO that are worth a drat

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 30, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Does anyone else get a little frustrated with how often the fandom misgenders Dante? Not, like... obviously, Dante is a fictional character, and I'm sure a lot of the people doing it honestly don't realize that other characters in Limbus never use he/him for them and always use they/them, but that's kind of the thing that frustrates me. Like, Dante is a masculine name and I'd say their body type is generally read as masculine and then a bunch of people never look past that despite the actual textual pronouns used for them, despite a lot of actual nb people not presenting perfectly androgynously.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

This, right? I can't quite parse what he's saying either (and I'd bet it's not much more legible in Korean considering it's, y'know, Yi Sang) but it makes it sound like the City's like a TARDIS in that it's actually larger than the surface area would otherwise indicate.

He's just saying that a bird's eye view of the City doesn't give the whole picture, in the most unnecessarily verbose way possible

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yinlock posted:

not really? the least-hp target means he's gonna hit exactly who you don't want him to unless the fight is almost over already

NClair does not play nicely with EGO in general which is slowly becoming a problem as Sinclair gets EGO that are worth a drat

Least-hp target literally just means that at least 2 enemies need to have 1 less HP than your Sinner with least HP, which is easily achievable in, like, 1 round of good combat during non-boss battles. Lifetime Stew corrosion is also surprisingly manageable in Abnormality battles, because it considers the HP of Abnormality parts for targeting, not the total HP of Abnormality itself, so as you break the parts it can become completely safe, because no Sinner will have less than 0 HP.

It is a bit of win more/lose harder thing, but I prefer it to Doomsday, which can pop during a safe and controlled battle and just go "gently caress you" in a way Lifetime Stew can't. Doomsday is obviously better for things like RR due to its EGO resource generation, but for things like Luxxaviation and MDH, I am almost exclusively using Lifetime Stew due to it's controllability and don't really have any issues. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 30, 2023

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

PetraCore posted:

Does anyone else get a little frustrated with how often the fandom misgenders Dante? Not, like... obviously, Dante is a fictional character, and I'm sure a lot of the people doing it honestly don't realize that other characters in Limbus never use he/him for them and always use they/them, but that's kind of the thing that frustrates me. Like, Dante is a masculine name and I'd say their body type is generally read as masculine and then a bunch of people never look past that despite the actual textual pronouns used for them, despite a lot of actual nb people not presenting perfectly androgynously.

Yeah, it really annoys me too. Originally I was like, “well, they’re the player viewpoint character in a gacha game, it’s normal for people to project their own gender onto them” but after reading a few too many asinine takes about how Dante is totally actually he/him and everyone just uses they/them pronouns for them because they don’t remember their past/for player immersion/blah blah blah I just get closer and closer to distorting every time I see them referred to with he/him.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Ishmael, Outis, and Rodion act quite masculine in many ways and you can hardly call Faust feminine. Hong Lu and Sinclair, on the other hand, act feminine in different ways. And Yi Sang is constantly depicted as being fragile. And, of course, we have no problem using Don, Ishmael, and Faust as names for these characters despite those all being definitely boy names. This is obviously a situation where people shouldn't be drawing hard lines.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah, plus, like, using nonbinary pronouns isn't like being binary lite, and it'd be really weird for people to start exclusively using neutral pronouns for someone who exclusively used he/him or she/her before just because they lost their memories. That'd be rude as gently caress, and in a way Faust and Vergilius don't strike me as being, even if they're rude as gently caress in many other ways. They're clearly keeping specific details of Dante's past from them for a deliberate reason, but Dante's gender identity doesn't seem to be relevant in the way specific details of their past would be.

Plus, like... Dante is like X, in terms of the fact that we're supposed to project specific actions and decisions we make onto them, but there's also a distinct character already there. Dante's more distinct than X, even, because even though they don't know their past identity they have a lot of lines and a distinct personality expressed through them. How similar that personality is to them before the clockification, I really can't say, but it's definitely there.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Mostly my frustration stems from the fact that I know it must be lovely for nb fans to see people not just bend over backwards to justify why Dante is really totally actually a dude and completely invalidate nb identities, but to also deal with a significant portion of the Fandom just casually using he/him and having to try to figure out if that person who made cool fanart hates nb people or is just a dumbass who didn't read. It's frustrating and upsetting to me and I'm cis. Like, if a person is exclusively referred to with neutral pronouns in their canon... maybe just use their pronouns??? You don't see people aggressively using he/him for Ishmael or Faust or Outis.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
As a nonbinary fan, it's not more effort to sort out the actively transphobic people from the dumbasses, because both sides are ultimately transphobic and I'm dumping them both in the trash either way. Using the pronouns a character is blatantly using in-game is such a low barrier to entry that I fundamentally do not have time to deal with you if you don't. It sucked in the Undertale/Deltarune fandoms, it sucks in the Project Moon fandom, but the nice thing about having a well-curated online experience is never running into those people.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Lurks With Wolves posted:

As a nonbinary fan, it's not more effort to sort out the actively transphobic people from the dumbasses, because both sides are ultimately transphobic and I'm dumping them both in the trash either way. Using the pronouns a character is blatantly using in-game is such a low barrier to entry that I fundamentally do not have time to deal with you if you don't. It sucked in the Undertale/Deltarune fandoms, it sucks in the Project Moon fandom, but the nice thing about having a well-curated online experience is never running into those people.
Yeah, it is basically the same trash can, because even if someone isn't actively trying to start poo poo they're assuming a character definitely has to be a man because of... body type? Name? Especially in a fandom where name is really, truly no indication of gender.

I should just curate my experience more.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Can someone suggest a really brainless 7 ID comp that feeds Faust Fluidsac really well?

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
What kind of comp you want, there’s mirror dungeon 2, mirror dungeon 2 hard, or railway. They all have different needs so the teams you want are different.

The universal constants are going to be Faust, best as either 7faust or uptie4 lobofaust (the 00 id), since they mostly fuel fluid sac and are very strong and good. Then RHeath, because he’s the best ID bar none.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Onehandclapping posted:

What kind of comp you want, there’s mirror dungeon 2, mirror dungeon 2 hard, or railway. They all have different needs so the teams you want are different.

The universal constants are going to be Faust, best as either 7faust or uptie4 lobofaust (the 00 id), since they mostly fuel fluid sac and are very strong and good. Then RHeath, because he’s the best ID bar none.

Right, I seen itt that NFaust had fallen off, yeah? Does the 00 id manage to keep up?

I guess I was asking more in general terms. I've gotten through 4 Cycles worth of RR2 and I'm not planning on going again for the bragging-rights-only reward of Cycle 5, so I guess currently there's no more content until what, S3?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KazigluBey posted:

Right, I seen itt that NFaust had fallen off, yeah? Does the 00 id manage to keep up?

I guess I was asking more in general terms. I've gotten through 4 Cycles worth of RR2 and I'm not planning on going again for the bragging-rights-only reward of Cycle 5, so I guess currently there's no more content until what, S3?
L Corp Faust can occasionally win clashes with her S2, but her real draws are her S3, which hits like 26 on two coins, and how her Sins perfectly power Fluid Sac. She's easily the best 00 identity, and a no-brainer pick for MD2H where you need to bring two 00 IDs with you.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

7 Faust isn't bad either. Can't really use her rupture stuff but clashes decently and as long as you bring Lust she can also fuel Fluid Sac. For MD Lob is better for sure.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

On a somewhat related note, who's a good third 00 identity? I tried something different this week for MD2, but when the first shop came around I didn't have enough cost to get both the Blue Lighter and another 000 to fill in the sixth combat participant slot. At this point, I already had brought Molar Yi Sang and LobCorp Faust and had come to the realization that... I didn't really have a safety for a situation like this, since I hadn't taken any 00 IDs to 35 on any Sinner I hadn't yet brought in (Don, Ryoshu, Meursault, Heath, Rodya, Outis, or Greg; I started with Reindeer Ish, BL Sinclair, and Ting' Lu). I ended up taking Sinner Outis at the time but I'm curious to hear opinions on other good 00s to invest in.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I thought you got decaextraction tix from passenger… and it’s like, at that point you just click a cycle up button and immediately fight the signpost, right?

AweStriker posted:

On a somewhat related note, who's a good third 00 identity? I tried something different this week for MD2, but when the first shop came around I didn't have enough cost to get both the Blue Lighter and another 000 to fill in the sixth combat participant slot. At this point, I already had brought Molar Yi Sang and LobCorp Faust and had come to the realization that... I didn't really have a safety for a situation like this, since I hadn't taken any 00 IDs to 35 on any Sinner I hadn't yet brought in (Don, Ryoshu, Meursault, Heath, Rodya, Outis, or Greg; I started with Reindeer Ish, BL Sinclair, and Ting' Lu). I ended up taking Sinner Outis at the time but I'm curious to hear opinions on other good 00s to invest in.

EDIT: the walpurgis 00 Hong Lu is hilariously good, but you used tingtang man so idk. I do get use out of Liu meur and Liu Gregor even if everyone swears they’re not that great, myself.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, it is basically the same trash can, because even if someone isn't actively trying to start poo poo they're assuming a character definitely has to be a man because of... body type? Name? Especially in a fandom where name is really, truly no indication of gender.

I should just curate my experience more.

speaking as someone who had to deprogram their stupid brain from going for male pronouns by default, the best thing to do is just remind someone who does it and judge based on their reaction to that.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

EDIT: the walpurgis 00 Hong Lu is hilariously good, but you used tingtang man so idk. I do get use out of Liu meur and Liu Gregor even if everyone swears they’re not that great, myself.

Is HookLu that good? How can he keep getting away with top tier identities?

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
My backup 00s are the season 1 ishmael lccb and GOutis, since both are fairly tanky clashers that slot in pretty much anywhere. I've been messing around with gimmick teams in MD2H though, so I can tell you what I've found for the 00's. Keep in mind I've only played them with all the offensive MD level ups, so they're slightly better clashers in my game then their base stats would be without.

7Ryo and 7Sang are both okay, but are flat out good with uptie 4, good clashers with good damage. 7Cliff is good if you have a rupture team rolling, otherwise he's okay to bad. RoseGregor a decent all rounder for the rupture team, but I wouldn't bother without the gimmick.

The Liu boys are okay at best, LiuGreg and LiuLu are decent clashers once you get some fire synergy going, but again need uptie 4. LiuMer just sucks and struggles to do much, but you don't have many fire options so wycd.

ShiDon and ShIshmael are both okay and don't need UT4, and ShiDon is a good clasher with some benefits for being below %50, and ShIshmael is a mediocre clasher but a good dps once she's below %50. ShiHeath sucks if he's not UT4, and absolutely needs to be below 50% to function, but if you get all that going he's fine. All the Shi's are awkward because you can get a lot of indiscriminate healing through the MD buffs and ego's, so you have to constantly be juggling HP to make them effective. They look cool, so bonus points.

Wfaust is decent, but outclassed by her other IDs and is reliant on the charge gimmick, which struggles to get rolling in any non-boss fights. WHong Lu is all around mediocre, but tanks good and has some really fun animations.

I've struggled to make Ncorp 00's function, they're mediocre all around for everyone that's not Nfaust and Nclair, and give really minor benefits for UT4 so I haven't tried too hard to see what works, but I don't recommend the 00's on their own.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

N Corp if you've got all of them going and a bunch of the bleed stuff from the Mirror Dungeons work fine in MD2H, but that's about it. They're also very solid for anything not as punishing as RR/MDH2 as they're basically a full package team. The 00 aren't winning any awards, but if you're running N Faust/N Sinclair (and N Meursault, which I think is one of his better Identities) you might as well throw in the squad just to really build nails, which are a nutso damage mechanic imo.

They benefit extremely highly for the bleed stuff from Mirror Dungeons, since they're probably the best way to actually get a huge amount of bleed to stick on an enemy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
PSA (apologies if it is in fact widely known, I've only figured it out a couple of days ago on my RR2 run): You can "protect" your bottom skill from being discarded by turning it into a defense skill and using the top one. Makes Molar Outis a whole lot better by letting you never discard your S2/S3 and making discarding S1s a lot more reliable, and gives you a lot more control over your Insight as Dieci Rodion.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

gently caress yeah, Halloween 10 ticket gave me RegretFaust. Can save Lunacy for the next Walpurgisnatch.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

speaking as someone who had to deprogram their stupid brain from going for male pronouns by default, the best thing to do is just remind someone who does it and judge based on their reaction to that.

Ugh... still working on that myself.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
I've blown all my lunacy and tickets, including the one from today, on the Halloween pulls.

I have gotten Hook Lu and nothing else. Feels bad, man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wrt dante its worth noting that this game had such a protracted dev cycle that dante was shown off well before there was any dialogue from them or referring to them, like for a year+, and nothing referring to them by any pronouns in general. them being a guy wasnt an unreasonable assumption at that juncture so some people might have gotten in that mindset before the game came out and then not really noticed what the writing's like.

idk im not gonna judge someone for not catching something the game doesnt really make a point of. assuming the best of people isnt gonna kill you.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

Endorph posted:

wrt dante its worth noting that this game had such a protracted dev cycle that dante was shown off well before there was any dialogue from them or referring to them, like for a year+, and nothing referring to them by any pronouns in general. them being a guy wasnt an unreasonable assumption at that juncture so some people might have gotten in that mindset before the game came out and then not really noticed what the writing's like.

idk im not gonna judge someone for not catching something the game doesnt really make a point of. assuming the best of people isnt gonna kill you.
That's a fair point but if I'm just scrolling tumblr I'm not sure if commenting 'actually the game exclusively uses they/them pronouns for Dante!' on a stranger's post is going to be helpful. I'd gently remind someone I was actually talking to and gauge their reaction, but it can be easier to just not engage with strangers bc I don't know what kind of reaction I'm going to get.

EDIT: I didn't realize how long Dante's design was out with no official pronouns to go along with it though so that's actually really fair.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 31, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean if you see a random post on tumblr that doesnt seem to be intentionally lovely you can just move on with your life

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Sinner Sandwich posted:

I've blown all my lunacy and tickets, including the one from today, on the Halloween pulls.

I have gotten Hook Lu and nothing else. Feels bad, man.
I got Hook Lu like 4 times and the Regret EGO, I'm waiting to blow the rest of my lunacy and tickets once I do 10 daily pulls so I get the 'at least a 00 ID' from 10. It'll probably be Hook Lu again, though.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Endorph posted:

i mean if you see a random post on tumblr that doesnt seem to be intentionally lovely you can just move on with your life
Yeah, that's what I've been doing? That's why I said it was mildly frustrating. It only gets above that when people are being intentionally lovely, and then I know I don't want to engage with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, big important question I just realized. I maxed out my Starlight buffs and I already saw you can use all your weeklies on MDH. Does it give more or less the same as 2 Normal + 1 Hard? Cause it would be really convinient only having to do 1 MD run this week.